Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Trickmurk] Story & Poetry Contest
1 2 3
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/kahlannightwing/Flight%20Rising/BTSandPC/topbanner.jpg[/IMG] [color=#6600cc] It's not hard to see that the Trickmurk Circus is fantastic - full of activity and cheer, happiness all around (and perhaps the odd prank!) Despite how wonderful it is, though, it can get quite hectic - that's why the booth in front of you is so appealing, the quiet a breath of fresh air. "Well hello there." comes a soft and welcoming voice. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8671102] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86712/8671102_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [color=#6600cc] Focusing on the dragon in front of you, it seems impossible that you could have missed her, given her eccentric clothing and significant size. "Come! Come join us in our feats of creativity!" At that the snapper motions behind her with her large tail, indicating the numerous dragons floating around or sitting down, all clearly revelling in their story-telling, some mumbling to themselves, others peacefully silent as their brains work overtime. "All are welcome here. The only thing we ask is that you're kind, and hope that everyone feels welcome to share their wordful masterpieces with us." With that the old snapper shuffles away, leaving you to your own devices. It is up to you - will you enter for the chance at glory, or will you leave the wonderful little booth behind?
topbanner.jpg

It's not hard to see that the Trickmurk Circus is fantastic - full of activity and cheer, happiness all around (and perhaps the odd prank!) Despite how wonderful it is, though, it can get quite hectic - that's why the booth in front of you is so appealing, the quiet a breath of fresh air.

"Well hello there." comes a soft and welcoming voice.

Focusing on the dragon in front of you, it seems impossible that you could have missed her, given her eccentric clothing and significant size.

"Come! Come join us in our feats of creativity!" At that the snapper motions behind her with her large tail, indicating the numerous dragons floating around or sitting down, all clearly revelling in their story-telling, some mumbling to themselves, others peacefully silent as their brains work overtime.

"All are welcome here. The only thing we ask is that you're kind, and hope that everyone feels welcome to share their wordful masterpieces with us."

With that the old snapper shuffles away, leaving you to your own devices. It is up to you - will you enter for the chance at glory, or will you leave the wonderful little booth behind?
[center][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/kahlannightwing/Flight%20Rising/BTSandPC/about.jpg[/IMG] [/center] [color=#6600cc]You've made it to the writing booth - now what? Well now you start writing, silly! There's only a few things to keep in mind... [quote=The Ins and Outs]Theme: Fantastic Festivities Summary: Write a story or a poem featuring any elemental festival of your choosing. You may write about one of your dragons visiting a festival for the first time, compare and contrast (in a positive way of course!) elemental festivals, the best part of festivals. Anything you can think of goes, so long as you use your imagination and have fun! How to Enter: Send me (spindelberrygirl) a pm with the link to a google doc containing your entry. If you are unable to do so for whatever reason, you may also simply send it through pm. However, if you are able to send it as a link to a doc that would be much easier! Contest Begins: February 19th Contest Deadline: February 29th at rollover Judging: begins March 1st. While we will be giving ourselves until the end of March, we hope to be done far before then! Prizes Given Out: April 1st (or whenever judging ends) Miscellaneous: If you would like a ping for the last day as a reminder, let me know and I'll add you to a list[/quote] [center][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/kahlannightwing/Flight%20Rising/BTSandPC/rules.png[/IMG] [/center] [center][quote=Let's Get Down To Business] Rules: - Follow all of FR’s ToU and Rules & Guidelines. -Judges decisions are final -English only -Please be kind and conscientious -Rules are subject to change at any point in time [/quote][/center]
about.jpg
You've made it to the writing booth - now what? Well now you start writing, silly! There's only a few things to keep in mind...

The Ins and Outs wrote:
Theme: Fantastic Festivities
Summary: Write a story or a poem featuring any elemental festival of your choosing. You may write about one of your dragons visiting a festival for the first time, compare and contrast (in a positive way of course!) elemental festivals, the best part of festivals. Anything you can think of goes, so long as you use your imagination and have fun!
How to Enter: Send me (spindelberrygirl) a pm with the link to a google doc containing your entry. If you are unable to do so for whatever reason, you may also simply send it through pm. However, if you are able to send it as a link to a doc that would be much easier!
Contest Begins: February 19th
Contest Deadline: February 29th at rollover
Judging: begins March 1st. While we will be giving ourselves until the end of March, we hope to be done far before then!
Prizes Given Out: April 1st (or whenever judging ends)
Miscellaneous: If you would like a ping for the last day as a reminder, let me know and I'll add you to a list
rules.png
Let's Get Down To Business wrote:
Rules:
- Follow all of FR’s ToU and Rules & Guidelines.
-Judges decisions are final
-English only
-Please be kind and conscientious
-Rules are subject to change at any point in time

[center][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/kahlannightwing/Flight%20Rising/BTSandPC/prizes.jpg[/IMG][/center] [color=#6600cc]Whether you enter poetry or prose (or both!), there are excellent prizes to win. While the ones listed below are guaranteed, there may be others added throughout the duration of the contest, so keep checking back! [quote=Prose] [center][item=coarsefur yeti][item=wave sweeper][/center] [/quote] [quote=Poetry] [center][item=hawksbill goliath][item=mantarune][/center] [/quote] Thanks for all the wonderful entries! After much deliberation, @Marmite and myself have decided on the winners. I would like to thank everyone for your entries - they were all fantastic, and it wasn't an easy decision. Now, without further ado..... For prose, we'd like to recognize @Clarax for their hard work! And for poetry, @Fallowsthorn gets the prize! Both of you will receive your prizes shortly :) Congrats, and thanks for all your hard work!
prizes.jpg

Whether you enter poetry or prose (or both!), there are excellent prizes to win. While the ones listed below are guaranteed, there may be others added throughout the duration of the contest, so keep checking back!

Prose wrote:
Coarsefur Yeti Wave Sweeper
Poetry wrote:
Hawksbill Goliath Mantarune

Thanks for all the wonderful entries! After much deliberation, @Marmite and myself have decided on the winners.

I would like to thank everyone for your entries - they were all fantastic, and it wasn't an easy decision.

Now, without further ado.....

For prose, we'd like to recognize @Clarax for their hard work!

And for poetry, @Fallowsthorn gets the prize!

Both of you will receive your prizes shortly :)

Congrats, and thanks for all your hard work!
Reserved
Reserved
Okay, feel free to post!
Okay, feel free to post!
So cool! Might do this.
So cool! Might do this.
5C5FJH0.gif

Fuzzy
He/him
FR+3

AAaAaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaA
Bookmarking this so I don't forget this.
Bookmarking this so I don't forget this.
Na5WGHa.png
I can't wait to see the great entries :D
I can't wait to see the great entries :D
@spindelberrygirl Ooh, this is neat. I'm eager to try out! I had a few questions:
-Do we only have one entry per category? In total one poem and one short story?
-What's the min/max word length you'd like to see?
-Can I be added to the last-day-reminder pinglist, please? ^_^
@spindelberrygirl Ooh, this is neat. I'm eager to try out! I had a few questions:
-Do we only have one entry per category? In total one poem and one short story?
-What's the min/max word length you'd like to see?
-Can I be added to the last-day-reminder pinglist, please? ^_^
1u3H6jas.png
I need to remember to do this aaaah~!
I need to remember to do this aaaah~!
BhAMKZa.png6qljig.jpg
1 2 3