Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | *closed!* ODCA Breezy Apparel Contest
1 2 3 4
[center][size=5]The entry period is now closed! Judges are now tallying scores~[/center][/size] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/oueEM23.png[/img][/center] [size=2]Banner created by the talented [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=47189&tab=userpage]PoisonedPaper[/url]![/size] Another month, another festival gone by. Dragons flew through the air gleefully displaying their new wind-themed accents, and hatchlings giggled while clinging on for dear life as Gustborne Balloons [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1384248]lifted them high in the sky[/url]. From the soaring heights of the Cloudsong, an ancient dragon watched it all. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9818] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/99/9818_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "There have been countless changes since I've come into this world," he mused thoughtfully while gazing over the Windswept Plateau. "Yet in the end, everything is still the same. How boring." He turned with a sigh and was surprised to see he wasn't the only dragon who was watching the land below. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39258] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/393/39258_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Boring?" inquired the matriarch with an amused gleam in your eye. "Surely you're not so old that you find nothing entertaining anymore?" He uncomfortably shifted his gaze back down toward the Plateau as GuiFeng's eyes seemed to be looking right through him. "I think you have yet to experience the sheer amount of creativity young dragons have these days." Slowly rising, she shook herself off and walked toward the edge of their balcony. "Come, Galena," she invited, looking back over her shoulder. "Let us test the dragons of Sornieth. Once you see the wit and creativity we still possess, I doubt you'll remain bored." [size=1]Special thanks to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=9818&tab=userpage]yumehisakawa[/url] for letting me use her dragons~[/size]
The entry period is now closed! Judges are now tallying scores~

oueEM23.png
Banner created by the talented PoisonedPaper!

Another month, another festival gone by. Dragons flew through the air gleefully displaying their new wind-themed accents, and hatchlings giggled while clinging on for dear life as Gustborne Balloons lifted them high in the sky.

From the soaring heights of the Cloudsong, an ancient dragon watched it all.

"There have been countless changes since I've come into this world," he mused thoughtfully while gazing over the Windswept Plateau. "Yet in the end, everything is still the same. How boring." He turned with a sigh and was surprised to see he wasn't the only dragon who was watching the land below.

"Boring?" inquired the matriarch with an amused gleam in your eye. "Surely you're not so old that you find nothing entertaining anymore?" He uncomfortably shifted his gaze back down toward the Plateau as GuiFeng's eyes seemed to be looking right through him. "I think you have yet to experience the sheer amount of creativity young dragons have these days."

Slowly rising, she shook herself off and walked toward the edge of their balcony. "Come, Galena," she invited, looking back over her shoulder. "Let us test the dragons of Sornieth. Once you see the wit and creativity we still possess, I doubt you'll remain bored."

Special thanks to yumehisakawa for letting me use her dragons~
IF7Zry6.jpg
[center][size=5][b]The Old Dragon Collector's Association's Third Apparel Contest[/b][/size][/center] Hello, and welcome to the Old Dragon Collector Association's third apparel contest: The Breezy Edition! The contest is now open for entries and will close at the end of [u]Thursday, April 2nd[/u] (so at 23:59 FR time). The judges will take time to score each contestant, and then we will announce the winners either the [u]Saturday the 4th or the Sunday the 5th[/u] depending on the number of entries and the judges' individual schedules. [color=green]Since this is following the conclusion of the Mistral Jamboree, we're looking for dragons dressed up with an airy/playful/artsy feel in mind! Also, in light of the fact that Wind dragons are known as creative storytellers, during this contest [b]the character/writing aspect of your entry will be the most important part.[/b][/color] The judges ([url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/350]BotanyBlack[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/58365]cooneyms[/url], and [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/29678]benalene[/url]) will be judging based on 6 criteria: [LIST=1] [*] [b]character (writing) [/b] – You can write about anything you want--perhaps regarding why you chose the apparel you did or describing your dragon’s character; it can be in prose, poem, RP format from the dragon’s perspective or otherwise, any way you want! [color=green](Due to this being a Wind-themed contest, this particular aspect will be double-weighted in comparison to the other five.)[/color] [*] [b]fit to theme[/b] – After all, this [i]is[/i] a wind-themed contest! [*] [b]outfit coordination[/b] – While fashion disasters are hilarious, they have their place (which isn’t here) [*] [b]originality/creativity[/b] – Creativity is important, and sometimes the seemingly unconventional approach is the once that wins people over [*] [b]apparel layering[/b] – We wanna see you masterfully layer that apparel and make your dragon look snazzy [*] [b]simple vs. overdone[/b] – That being said, things shouldn’t be [i]so[/i] over-the-top that they’re borderline ridiculous, ne? [/LIST] [size=4][color=red][b][u]IMPORTANT NOTES:[/u][/b][/color][/size] [list] [*] Since this [i]is[/i] and ODCA event, there will be an age restriction for entries. Dragons entered into the contest must have been [b]born on April 5th of 2014 or earlier[/b] (in other words, [b]they should be at least one year old[/b]) [*] Accents are allowed, but [b]skins are a no-no[/b] for this contest! Partial skins (accents that covered more than 30% and had to be printed with a skin blueprint) are okay as long as they don't cover up the majority of the dragon (i.e. people should still roughly be able to see the dragon's colors just by looking at it). [*] For clarification, dragons can be any element! The only thing that kinda matters is age. [*] You may enter more than one dragon if you wish, but you can only win once. (Note: If for some reason there are a flood of entries, this may change.) [*] This contest is NOT only limited to members of the ODCA--anyone who wishes may join in on the fun! [*] [i]I'll add more things here if there are more questions[/i]
The Old Dragon Collector's Association's
Third Apparel Contest

Hello, and welcome to the Old Dragon Collector Association's third apparel contest: The Breezy Edition! The contest is now open for entries and will close at the end of Thursday, April 2nd (so at 23:59 FR time). The judges will take time to score each contestant, and then we will announce the winners either the Saturday the 4th or the Sunday the 5th depending on the number of entries and the judges' individual schedules.

Since this is following the conclusion of the Mistral Jamboree, we're looking for dragons dressed up with an airy/playful/artsy feel in mind! Also, in light of the fact that Wind dragons are known as creative storytellers, during this contest the character/writing aspect of your entry will be the most important part.

The judges (BotanyBlack, cooneyms, and benalene) will be judging based on 6 criteria:
  1. character (writing) – You can write about anything you want--perhaps regarding why you chose the apparel you did or describing your dragon’s character; it can be in prose, poem, RP format from the dragon’s perspective or otherwise, any way you want! (Due to this being a Wind-themed contest, this particular aspect will be double-weighted in comparison to the other five.)
  2. fit to theme – After all, this is a wind-themed contest!
  3. outfit coordination – While fashion disasters are hilarious, they have their place (which isn’t here)
  4. originality/creativity – Creativity is important, and sometimes the seemingly unconventional approach is the once that wins people over
  5. apparel layering – We wanna see you masterfully layer that apparel and make your dragon look snazzy
  6. simple vs. overdone – That being said, things shouldn’t be so over-the-top that they’re borderline ridiculous, ne?

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • Since this is and ODCA event, there will be an age restriction for entries. Dragons entered into the contest must have been born on April 5th of 2014 or earlier (in other words, they should be at least one year old)
  • Accents are allowed, but skins are a no-no for this contest! Partial skins (accents that covered more than 30% and had to be printed with a skin blueprint) are okay as long as they don't cover up the majority of the dragon (i.e. people should still roughly be able to see the dragon's colors just by looking at it).
  • For clarification, dragons can be any element! The only thing that kinda matters is age.
  • You may enter more than one dragon if you wish, but you can only win once. (Note: If for some reason there are a flood of entries, this may change.)
  • This contest is NOT only limited to members of the ODCA--anyone who wishes may join in on the fun!
  • I'll add more things here if there are more questions
IF7Zry6.jpg
[size=5][b]HOW TO ENTER[/b][/size] Please list: [LIST] [*] Your dragon's name and ID# [*] Your username and ID# [*] An image of your dragon (if the image you post is not a static image, please remember not to change apparel/accents in the middle of the contest!) [*] A list of the names of the apparel items the dragon is wearing [*] The name (and number) of the accent the dragon is wearing (if applicable) [*] And a short little blurb for the Character aspect of the contest [/LIST] It doesn't have to look exactly like this (and you don't necessarily need to put your entry in a quote box either), but here's an example entry just in case you needed one~ [quote=Example Entry] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57990] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/580/57990_350.png[/img] [/url] Kamal (#57990) owned by Stormflight (#13824) [b]Apparel:[/b] Companion Comet, Pink Highnoon Hank, Red Fedora, Raider Helm, Whisperer's Cowl, Violet Deepsea Bulb, Sunguard Chest, Scarlet Satin Tunic, Chestnut Feathered Wings, Magmatic Pauldrons, Dented Iron Tail Cuffs, Purple Birdskull Wingpiece [b]Accent:[/b] Stoneswept Arabesque (#7316) [center][i]Kamal's fashion sense is too divine for mere mortals to understand. Kneel before him and weep, you peasants![/i][/center] [/quote] [size=2]Sidenote: [i]Please[/i] don't let your dragons emulate Kamal when they get dressed up...[/size] I will be keeping track of entries in the fifth post of this thread, but please be patient with me if I don't update it right away!
HOW TO ENTER

Please list:
  • Your dragon's name and ID#
  • Your username and ID#
  • An image of your dragon (if the image you post is not a static image, please remember not to change apparel/accents in the middle of the contest!)
  • A list of the names of the apparel items the dragon is wearing
  • The name (and number) of the accent the dragon is wearing (if applicable)
  • And a short little blurb for the Character aspect of the contest

It doesn't have to look exactly like this (and you don't necessarily need to put your entry in a quote box either), but here's an example entry just in case you needed one~
Example Entry wrote:

57990_350.png

Kamal (#57990) owned by Stormflight (#13824)

Apparel: Companion Comet, Pink Highnoon Hank, Red Fedora, Raider Helm, Whisperer's Cowl, Violet Deepsea Bulb, Sunguard Chest, Scarlet Satin Tunic, Chestnut Feathered Wings, Magmatic Pauldrons, Dented Iron Tail Cuffs, Purple Birdskull Wingpiece
Accent: Stoneswept Arabesque (#7316)

Kamal's fashion sense is too divine for mere mortals to understand. Kneel before him and weep, you peasants!
Sidenote: Please don't let your dragons emulate Kamal when they get dressed up...

I will be keeping track of entries in the fifth post of this thread, but please be patient with me if I don't update it right away!
IF7Zry6.jpg
[center][size=5][b]PRIZES[/b][/size][/center] Should you win, we have several prizes for you to choose from! [b]Clarification:[/b] Though there are [u][i]5 prizes[/i][/u] listed here, there will only be [u][i]3 winners[/i][/u]. The reason there are more prizes than winners is so each winner has a chance to choose what they want instead of feeling like they just get whatever's left over. ^_^ [quote] [size=5][b]THE DRAGONS[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=315391] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3154/315391_350.png[/img] [/url] Sonata, #315391, Wind Purple Tiger/Purple Eyespots/Ivory August 3rd, 2013 24 offspring, 2 unnamed XXY, second dragon of her colors on FR [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=462422] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4625/462422_350.png[/img] [/url] Wight, #462422, Earth Lavender Clown/Caribbean Seraph/Charcoal August 23rd, 2013 8 offspring, all named Gen 3/4, Wildclaw'd and Clown'd [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=581917] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5820/581917_350.png[/img] [/url] Wynnrift, #581917, Ice Stonewash Tiger/Leaf Stripes/Jungle September 7th, 2013 4 offspring, all named Level 5 [/quote] [quote] [size=5][b]THE ITEMS[/b][/size] [center][skin=4150]&[item=gilded decorative chest] [item=Sunbeam Ursa]&[item=Ambush]x2 [/quote]
PRIZES

Should you win, we have several prizes for you to choose from!

Clarification: Though there are 5 prizes listed here, there will only be 3 winners. The reason there are more prizes than winners is so each winner has a chance to choose what they want instead of feeling like they just get whatever's left over. ^_^

Quote:
THE DRAGONS

315391_350.png

Sonata, #315391, Wind
Purple Tiger/Purple Eyespots/Ivory
August 3rd, 2013
24 offspring, 2 unnamed
XXY, second dragon of her colors on FR

462422_350.png

Wight, #462422, Earth
Lavender Clown/Caribbean Seraph/Charcoal
August 23rd, 2013
8 offspring, all named
Gen 3/4, Wildclaw'd and Clown'd

581917_350.png

Wynnrift, #581917, Ice
Stonewash Tiger/Leaf Stripes/Jungle
September 7th, 2013
4 offspring, all named
Level 5
Quote:
THE ITEMS
& Gilded Decorative Chest

Sunbeam Ursa & Ambush x2

IF7Zry6.jpg
[center][size=5][b]ENTRIES[/b][/size][/center] [color=white] user#, dragon#, page#[/color] [list] [*] Conduit (#2336611) owned by Sivi (#66445), pg 2 [*] Eros (#1381086) owned by Astraya (#71364), pg 2 [*] Era (#1028792) owned by Melia (#20973), pg 2 [*] PoetQuillian (#111331) owned by SirLeafheart (#102246), pg 2 [*] Dastan (#613508) owned by Rogue (#17073), pg 2 [*] Samara (#395637) owned by SparkyLurkdragon (#90189), pg 2 [*] Blosriw (#865154) owned by Phoenix684 (#78779), pg 2 [*] Pestel (#136814) owned by hologramblue (#12788), pg 2 [*] Hope (#2570005) owned by (Candor #76768), pg 3 [*] Hephaestus (#742) owned by Rowan (#264), pg 3 [*] Thomas (#973025) owned by JinxMoonstone (#101617), pg 3 [*] Arsina (#66009) owened by Narif (#15402), pg 3 [*] Bombyx (#339599) owned by Chrestomanci (#21269), pg 3 [/list] [b]Non-entrants who wish to be pinged when the contest closes:[/b] - haikwoshevo
ENTRIES
user#, dragon#, page#
  • Conduit (#2336611) owned by Sivi (#66445), pg 2
  • Eros (#1381086) owned by Astraya (#71364), pg 2
  • Era (#1028792) owned by Melia (#20973), pg 2
  • PoetQuillian (#111331) owned by SirLeafheart (#102246), pg 2
  • Dastan (#613508) owned by Rogue (#17073), pg 2
  • Samara (#395637) owned by SparkyLurkdragon (#90189), pg 2
  • Blosriw (#865154) owned by Phoenix684 (#78779), pg 2
  • Pestel (#136814) owned by hologramblue (#12788), pg 2
  • Hope (#2570005) owned by (Candor #76768), pg 3
  • Hephaestus (#742) owned by Rowan (#264), pg 3
  • Thomas (#973025) owned by JinxMoonstone (#101617), pg 3
  • Arsina (#66009) owened by Narif (#15402), pg 3
  • Bombyx (#339599) owned by Chrestomanci (#21269), pg 3

Non-entrants who wish to be pinged when the contest closes:
- haikwoshevo
IF7Zry6.jpg
MEMBER DIRECTORY PING
@10K @Acorncap @AetherSeer @Akrona @alacri @AlexiaSilver @AloriD @Ampharos @Amulet @Anguish @Anthea @Aralynia @Ari @Arintol @Arplin @Astraya @attenuasis @Aurora23 @Axikor @benalene @Blissfire @Bluedragon @BOMB @BotanyBlack @Brokenwing @Butzefrau @CadetArlert @Caerbannog @Cairan @Candor @Catfeather @CentipedeLimbo @Chocoli @Chrestomanci @christina @Clash @Claudz @Clavicado @ClawsThatCatch @Clockworkvixen @Coldfire3 @Combatic0ns @cooneyms @CreepingCorbies @Cryolite @daintyboots @DancingHare @DarkMatter @Dask @demonpunk @dggeoff @Disease @Dorkanoora @Dotckler @DreamingAutumn @Edaigoa @Eleanor @Elus @Erato @eriophora @Fade @FaerieIshee @Faunus @Fay @Faylon @Felixitous @Fenix @Freckles108 @Fujo @Gimeurcookie @GinIchimaru @Glenfalconer5 @H0rr0r @Haikwoshevo @Hana @Harkness @Hausdaddy @Heat @Heatherly @hologramblue @HOrrOr @infomercial @Ink @Inkdeer @Irishmarmalade @Ithika @iwatobi @JD1620 @Jecai @Jinkx @JinxMoonstone @Junipa @Kairoku @Kaitii @Kardi @Kas @Keno @Kimberly @Korozo @Lackofa @Lady3Jane @Lae @Lafiel @Lansly @lawnmowers @Lexreon @LightningBug @lome @Lottie @LuminousShadow @Lunusdragoness @Lusitania @Luxio @Lykos @Mary @Megaparsecs @Melia @Melodious @Merkur @mommy @Moomargh @Morgwir @MrBrightside @mus @Narif @NeophyteRedglare @NerdEsq @Ness @NightmaricZor @Niharike @NinjaDancer @NinjaKitty @nintendoreos @NivMizzet @Oszs @Ouji @pandy91 @Peisinoe @Penguinnii @phoeniixfire @Phoenix684 @PoisonedPaper @Quicksilvr @RabitX3 @rainwaltz @Rangiku @realitychek17 @Reptyrian @rhubarbcobbler @Roadkill @Rogue @Roro @Rowan @Russia @Safirien @Sandra @Sanimir @senpai @Setnus @Shadowfire9 @ShatteredByLoss @Silverpeal @SirLeafheart @Sparkylurkdragon @StarTatami @Stormflight @Subunit @Succubi @Survivors @Tacroy @tacroy @Tangaroa @Tavvi @Terza @Tessablue @TheArcaneKitsune @TheSunTheGodsSaw @Tiarana @tigercule @Tossico @TragicallyBad @Tsaiah @Vhariyas @Vulpen @Vyrthur @Watson @WhoDoVooDoo @Why @WinterCoyote @Wow @Wryneck @Xanarcah @ysa @Zenzic @Zorigami

Greetings to members old and new! It seems like there are quite a few fresh faces out there, so let me briefly explain! Last December, we held a fundraiser for the ODCA in the hopes that we could start running some neat contests for members and nonmembers alike to participate in. We were modestly successful, and so we launched this monthly holiday-themed apparel contest series! Thanks to that fundraiser and the continued generous donations of various users, we have been able to keep this contest exciting with awesome prizes!

Anyway, this contest is now open, so feel free to enter dragons or just stick around to see what others do! Good luck to all future entrants~
MEMBER DIRECTORY PING
@10K @Acorncap @AetherSeer @Akrona @alacri @AlexiaSilver @AloriD @Ampharos @Amulet @Anguish @Anthea @Aralynia @Ari @Arintol @Arplin @Astraya @attenuasis @Aurora23 @Axikor @benalene @Blissfire @Bluedragon @BOMB @BotanyBlack @Brokenwing @Butzefrau @CadetArlert @Caerbannog @Cairan @Candor @Catfeather @CentipedeLimbo @Chocoli @Chrestomanci @christina @Clash @Claudz @Clavicado @ClawsThatCatch @Clockworkvixen @Coldfire3 @Combatic0ns @cooneyms @CreepingCorbies @Cryolite @daintyboots @DancingHare @DarkMatter @Dask @demonpunk @dggeoff @Disease @Dorkanoora @Dotckler @DreamingAutumn @Edaigoa @Eleanor @Elus @Erato @eriophora @Fade @FaerieIshee @Faunus @Fay @Faylon @Felixitous @Fenix @Freckles108 @Fujo @Gimeurcookie @GinIchimaru @Glenfalconer5 @H0rr0r @Haikwoshevo @Hana @Harkness @Hausdaddy @Heat @Heatherly @hologramblue @HOrrOr @infomercial @Ink @Inkdeer @Irishmarmalade @Ithika @iwatobi @JD1620 @Jecai @Jinkx @JinxMoonstone @Junipa @Kairoku @Kaitii @Kardi @Kas @Keno @Kimberly @Korozo @Lackofa @Lady3Jane @Lae @Lafiel @Lansly @lawnmowers @Lexreon @LightningBug @lome @Lottie @LuminousShadow @Lunusdragoness @Lusitania @Luxio @Lykos @Mary @Megaparsecs @Melia @Melodious @Merkur @mommy @Moomargh @Morgwir @MrBrightside @mus @Narif @NeophyteRedglare @NerdEsq @Ness @NightmaricZor @Niharike @NinjaDancer @NinjaKitty @nintendoreos @NivMizzet @Oszs @Ouji @pandy91 @Peisinoe @Penguinnii @phoeniixfire @Phoenix684 @PoisonedPaper @Quicksilvr @RabitX3 @rainwaltz @Rangiku @realitychek17 @Reptyrian @rhubarbcobbler @Roadkill @Rogue @Roro @Rowan @Russia @Safirien @Sandra @Sanimir @senpai @Setnus @Shadowfire9 @ShatteredByLoss @Silverpeal @SirLeafheart @Sparkylurkdragon @StarTatami @Stormflight @Subunit @Succubi @Survivors @Tacroy @tacroy @Tangaroa @Tavvi @Terza @Tessablue @TheArcaneKitsune @TheSunTheGodsSaw @Tiarana @tigercule @Tossico @TragicallyBad @Tsaiah @Vhariyas @Vulpen @Vyrthur @Watson @WhoDoVooDoo @Why @WinterCoyote @Wow @Wryneck @Xanarcah @ysa @Zenzic @Zorigami

Greetings to members old and new! It seems like there are quite a few fresh faces out there, so let me briefly explain! Last December, we held a fundraiser for the ODCA in the hopes that we could start running some neat contests for members and nonmembers alike to participate in. We were modestly successful, and so we launched this monthly holiday-themed apparel contest series! Thanks to that fundraiser and the continued generous donations of various users, we have been able to keep this contest exciting with awesome prizes!

Anyway, this contest is now open, so feel free to enter dragons or just stick around to see what others do! Good luck to all future entrants~
IF7Zry6.jpg
@Stormflight

I am so entering this *o*

Small question tho, do partial skins count as restricted skins? Basically accents that covered more than 30% and had to be printed with a skin blueprint.
@Stormflight

I am so entering this *o*

Small question tho, do partial skins count as restricted skins? Basically accents that covered more than 30% and had to be printed with a skin blueprint.
mty1nS3.gif
EVK4e3k.gifXF5EGor.gif7KVKeKl.gifCSL44D6.gif
@Stormflight

I don't have a dragon I could enter in this, but I'd love to be pinged when the contest closes. :)
@Stormflight

I don't have a dragon I could enter in this, but I'd love to be pinged when the contest closes. :)
tumblr_inline_nmpzdtnOyw1t6xkgm_500.png
@SirLeafheart - We've never had that question come up before! Hm... as long as it doesn't cover up the majority of the dragon, it should be fine (i.e. People should still roughly be able to see the dragon's colors just by looking at it). Does that make sense?

@haikwoshevo - Will do!
@SirLeafheart - We've never had that question come up before! Hm... as long as it doesn't cover up the majority of the dragon, it should be fine (i.e. People should still roughly be able to see the dragon's colors just by looking at it). Does that make sense?

@haikwoshevo - Will do!
IF7Zry6.jpg
@Stormflight

Got it ^^
I'll be sure to upload my entry when I get a good idea x)
@Stormflight

Got it ^^
I'll be sure to upload my entry when I get a good idea x)
mty1nS3.gif
EVK4e3k.gifXF5EGor.gif7KVKeKl.gifCSL44D6.gif
1 2 3 4