Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 169 170
@DisastrousAbsol You will be pinged for every event unless you ask not to be and you are still in the running for the RP prize (coatl breed change). You can RP as your tribute that miraculously survived, someone who is watching the games, or by bumping the thread (which you just did, for example, so that post earns you a raffle ticket since your Tribute is "dead")
@DisastrousAbsol You will be pinged for every event unless you ask not to be and you are still in the running for the RP prize (coatl breed change). You can RP as your tribute that miraculously survived, someone who is watching the games, or by bumping the thread (which you just did, for example, so that post earns you a raffle ticket since your Tribute is "dead")
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
Round 2 RPers:
@Insalem @ridill @Mercerd @Sincerity11 @Lednik @CinamonPizza @vanillaicecream1 @QuartzDragons @yeezy13 @Snek @Taytenn @SenchaDrake @Eialyne @Alurayune @ArcticEira @DisastrousAbsol

I hadn't actually bought the coatl breed change scroll yet so I'm going to change the RP raffle prize to a WC scroll. They cost the same and the WC scroll is more valuable in the long run.
Round 2 RPers:
@Insalem @ridill @Mercerd @Sincerity11 @Lednik @CinamonPizza @vanillaicecream1 @QuartzDragons @yeezy13 @Snek @Taytenn @SenchaDrake @Eialyne @Alurayune @ArcticEira @DisastrousAbsol

I hadn't actually bought the coatl breed change scroll yet so I'm going to change the RP raffle prize to a WC scroll. They cost the same and the WC scroll is more valuable in the long run.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
Garnet | District 11 | Lightning | Guardian

Garnet heard voices. Not those of her subjects, nor her family, or even Twilight. Light shined above the arena, she could tell even through her closed lids. The warm light warmed her scales and nearly lulled her back into sleep.

The voices were above her now. They Guardian tried to force herself to move, but her body just wouldn't listen, still exhausted from the day before. Just as she was about to lift her head when something landed on the ground. It didn't sound like it was very far.

A loud boom pierced her hearing, as did a searing pain. Everything hurt. She couldn't scream. And then she felt nothing. In the depths of her own mind, she couldn't tell if she survived or died in the explosion. She still hoped Twilight was okay. She hoped Mira and Delta were alright too..
Garnet | District 11 | Lightning | Guardian

Garnet heard voices. Not those of her subjects, nor her family, or even Twilight. Light shined above the arena, she could tell even through her closed lids. The warm light warmed her scales and nearly lulled her back into sleep.

The voices were above her now. They Guardian tried to force herself to move, but her body just wouldn't listen, still exhausted from the day before. Just as she was about to lift her head when something landed on the ground. It didn't sound like it was very far.

A loud boom pierced her hearing, as did a searing pain. Everything hurt. She couldn't scream. And then she felt nothing. In the depths of her own mind, she couldn't tell if she survived or died in the explosion. She still hoped Twilight was okay. She hoped Mira and Delta were alright too..
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
Pertama | District 3 | Wind | Pearlcatcher

While the Wildclaw he ran into was obviously ill, he couldnt bring himself to follow them. He needed to stay well for the coming days, and a disease that seemed to bring one to a less than ideal mental state was the last thing he wanted. He continued onwards, his mind racing with what he could use his now dried hemp ropes for in the future.
Pertama | District 3 | Wind | Pearlcatcher

While the Wildclaw he ran into was obviously ill, he couldnt bring himself to follow them. He needed to stay well for the coming days, and a disease that seemed to bring one to a less than ideal mental state was the last thing he wanted. He continued onwards, his mind racing with what he could use his now dried hemp ropes for in the future.
Cleaning up the dust...
@yeezy13 I'm actually on the fence about keeping her alive just to add to her lore. But yes, they can absolutely have that truce now XD
@yeezy13 I'm actually on the fence about keeping her alive just to add to her lore. But yes, they can absolutely have that truce now XD
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
((OH DAMN KRUDA!! I thought your whole strategy was to stay AWAY from Atrox?? Geeze first you go against the rules I asked about and you have to do it in the most dangerous way possible?

Seriously though I was laughing my head off until I got to Garnet and Twilight because they were my choices to win if Kruda didn't make it))
Kruda | District 10 | Wind | Spiral

Why was he in there?! Kruda's thoughts were paniced as she weaved her way in and out amongst outcroppings in the canyon.

It had been such a brilliant plan! Getting an early start after a (somewhat) restful sleep allowed her a chance to scope out the shelter she stumbled across and she swore the only on in there appeared to be the District 5 pearlcatcher. And if she was careful enough, she might be able to snag some useful supplies.

Or she could murder them in their sleep, but so far the "staying low and gather supplies" strategy seemed to be working for her. And besides, for all she knew Bloodcatcher was just pretending to be asleep. If he saw someone trying to sneak up on him, he could corner her in the small dwelling. But this option allowed her a chance to flee if he woke up.

Thank the Windsinger she did that though as she hadn't been expecting Atrox to be in there as well. That was probably the only thing that saved her from having her throat ripped out or worse!

Though if she couldn't loose him or find a way to turn the tables, that still might happen...
((OH DAMN KRUDA!! I thought your whole strategy was to stay AWAY from Atrox?? Geeze first you go against the rules I asked about and you have to do it in the most dangerous way possible?

Seriously though I was laughing my head off until I got to Garnet and Twilight because they were my choices to win if Kruda didn't make it))
Kruda | District 10 | Wind | Spiral

Why was he in there?! Kruda's thoughts were paniced as she weaved her way in and out amongst outcroppings in the canyon.

It had been such a brilliant plan! Getting an early start after a (somewhat) restful sleep allowed her a chance to scope out the shelter she stumbled across and she swore the only on in there appeared to be the District 5 pearlcatcher. And if she was careful enough, she might be able to snag some useful supplies.

Or she could murder them in their sleep, but so far the "staying low and gather supplies" strategy seemed to be working for her. And besides, for all she knew Bloodcatcher was just pretending to be asleep. If he saw someone trying to sneak up on him, he could corner her in the small dwelling. But this option allowed her a chance to flee if he woke up.

Thank the Windsinger she did that though as she hadn't been expecting Atrox to be in there as well. That was probably the only thing that saved her from having her throat ripped out or worse!

Though if she couldn't loose him or find a way to turn the tables, that still might happen...
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
Sardonyx | District 2 | Interactions: Open

Sardonyx was calmly talking when he was surprised by the explosion. He flapped his wings flustered and jumped back. He tried to shield himself with his wings. Bits of rock flew against his wings slightly tearing his wings. He put his wings down and through the dust he could make up the limp form of Alex, and Garnet, both clearly dead.

The coatl turned and chased after the dragon who threw the explosive. He quickly lost the dragon who threw the explosive. He decided to just try and find some food, and maybe a river or so. He was tired, and he was beginning to get hungry and thirsty. Sardonyx hurried through the rocks, looking for a creek, stream, or river. He soon found a small river. He took up a bit of the water in his claws drinking a bit. He quickly drank more water quenching his thirst.
Sardonyx | District 2 | Interactions: Open

Sardonyx was calmly talking when he was surprised by the explosion. He flapped his wings flustered and jumped back. He tried to shield himself with his wings. Bits of rock flew against his wings slightly tearing his wings. He put his wings down and through the dust he could make up the limp form of Alex, and Garnet, both clearly dead.

The coatl turned and chased after the dragon who threw the explosive. He quickly lost the dragon who threw the explosive. He decided to just try and find some food, and maybe a river or so. He was tired, and he was beginning to get hungry and thirsty. Sardonyx hurried through the rocks, looking for a creek, stream, or river. He soon found a small river. He took up a bit of the water in his claws drinking a bit. He quickly drank more water quenching his thirst.
[b][u]Spectator RP Post[/b][/u] Lance shouted to Rohgir to come watch, quickly, as Kruda received the package. With a sigh, the fae scrambled over to see, perching on his mate's spines. The red spiral had a look of hope to her as she took the rope and laid the banner out across the rocks. In the wasteland's harshest sun, a lone fiery fabric. [columns] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/257549/25754886p.png[/img][nextcol] [size=4]"She got it. I'm glad," Lance gives a simple smile.[/size] [/columns] ----- [b]On the Hunger Games chat...[/b] [columns] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/242553/24255203p.png[/img] [nextcol] Roh.Caravan posts: [size=4][i]We're down to half of the tributes and it's only day 2. The gamemasters really aren't messing around.[/i]
Spectator RP Post

Lance shouted to Rohgir to come watch, quickly, as Kruda received the package. With a sigh, the fae scrambled over to see, perching on his mate's spines. The red spiral had a look of hope to her as she took the rope and laid the banner out across the rocks. In the wasteland's harshest sun, a lone fiery fabric.

25754886p.png
"She got it. I'm glad," Lance gives a simple smile.

On the Hunger Games chat...
24255203p.png Roh.Caravan posts:
We're down to half of the tributes and it's only day 2. The gamemasters really aren't messing around.
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
@CinamonPizza @yeezy13
Aah I'm super sorry I didn't make RP posts with you guys! The past 24 hours was really busy for me, and I didn't have time to write anything. In my next post I'll try to fill in some of the details that happened in Night 1 with your characters! Sorry again :c

@Snek
I'm excited to see what happens with Calamintha and Beniir! I think it could make for some interesting interactions c:

@CinamonPizza @yeezy13
Aah I'm super sorry I didn't make RP posts with you guys! The past 24 hours was really busy for me, and I didn't have time to write anything. In my next post I'll try to fill in some of the details that happened in Night 1 with your characters! Sorry again :c

@Snek
I'm excited to see what happens with Calamintha and Beniir! I think it could make for some interesting interactions c:

oNzCdIg.gif
x
x
/ f2u codes /
[center][b]Spectator RP Post[/b][/center] ------ [center][b][u]Clan of the Howling Inferno[/u][/b][/center] Leilana huffs as she scales up the last incline. [i]We should really expand these outer tunnels some.[/i] she thinks as she squeezes through the narrow opening at the top. The tunnel is lit by only small veins of cooling lava that cast dim shadows on the walls. Her ears catch the noise she's been hearing and picks up her pace towards the source. She freezes when she finds the reason for her venture out. "Oh Night..." She runs to the wolf/ridgeback hybrid, curled around the scrying mirror she had smuggled, who was shaking and sobbing uncontrollably. Leilana throws her wings around her and tries to comfort her but Nighthunter's howls of pain continue in increasing volume. "Why? Why did you do it?" Reznin had forbidden the clan from watching the games in hopes to prevent the horror that would come from them. "Our young ones don't need to be exposed to this." But really it had been to try and spare Night until they found a way of telling her about Storm. The matriarch stroked the small wolf's fur in an attempt to calm her but didn't push her to speak as her cries eventually softened. Nighthunter suddenly growled, startling the tundra. "Why? Why do they do it?" "Night-" "Do they think it makes them [i]strong[/i]?!" She rises and flares her wings. "Dragging dragons from their homes [i]do they think killing those make them great?[/i]" She snarls, eyes rimmed with red from her tears, "If they're so strong then why don't they come and take us all when we're equal? Fight the true warriors of this world instead of hiding behind a wall and puppeteering a game!" It's so rare to see Nigthunter truly angry, usually she's so carefree. Leilana glares at the mirror responsible for this pain, tempted to smash it to shards. [i]No... this is our fault. We should have told her right away. She didn't need to watch her mate be torn to shreds with her own eyes.[/i] She stands up with Nighthunter and gently shakes her. "Stop. I know how you feel about plague. I can't pretend to know the pain and suffering you're going through right now but I do know lashing out will get you no where. I've seen this destroy dragons and eat them alive." "I can't just [i]pretend[/i] that I didn't watch Storm die after being stolen from me!" "And I'm not asking you to!" Leilana snaps. She regrets that after Nighthunter falls silent, ears and tail drooping. She sighs, "You are allowed to be angry, furious about this even, but you can not just sit here away from your clan and let it fester. I will not allow you to. Storm would not want to see you like this, so please. Come back with me." Nighthunter stared at the ground before giving a hollow laugh, "Storm would be just as furious but I guess she was always like that." "Perhaps but you would do the same thing to stop her would you not?" "....." Leilana extends a claw, "Come on, Wail has prepared a special meal for you. We all loved Storm, let us burden this pain together and comfort you." Nighthunter wipes a paw across her snout before nodding. Leilana doesn't want to give her false hope but she can't let her fall into despair just yet. The two Reznin sent were unusual for a rescue mission but the use of Nathaniel did not escape her notice. [i]I see what you're doing, it's a smart backup plan. That said... I wonder if he can really do it. He's not a proper necromancer and so many things could go wrong.[/i] A question from Nighthunter breaks through her thoughts. "Hey Leilana? What items are we allowed to send to the tributes?" She whirls around to stare at Night who was now clutching the mirror and looking into it with an intensity rarely seen outside her work. "Why on earth would you want to participate in the games?!" "Because..." she chokes but presses on, "Storm wasn't alone when she died. I saw... I saw another dragon trying to help her. She threw something at them but I couldn't see what it was but that tells me she trusted them." She fixes Leilana with a hard look. "I want to help them survive." ------ @ridill [quote=A gift] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/15116.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/17506.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/21375.png[/img] A small note attached reads: The string and fishing hook are to help with better fishing, its one of the best and most effective designs. The smoldering embers I've sent you should last a while. They'll help purify any water you may find and if fish you catch is soaked with it it'll help disinfect, though it won't be perfect. The fresh featherback pelt is one of my favorite beddings, its soft and will help you get some rest and dries easily. Please, survive.[/quote] ----- [size=2]I figured with all the fishing that's been happening everyone has just turned to that for food at this point :') [s]ngl I may or may not have teared up some at your post with storm's death[/s]
Spectator RP Post

Clan of the Howling Inferno

Leilana huffs as she scales up the last incline. We should really expand these outer tunnels some. she thinks as she squeezes through the narrow opening at the top. The tunnel is lit by only small veins of cooling lava that cast dim shadows on the walls. Her ears catch the noise she's been hearing and picks up her pace towards the source.

She freezes when she finds the reason for her venture out. "Oh Night..." She runs to the wolf/ridgeback hybrid, curled around the scrying mirror she had smuggled, who was shaking and sobbing uncontrollably. Leilana throws her wings around her and tries to comfort her but Nighthunter's howls of pain continue in increasing volume.
"Why? Why did you do it?" Reznin had forbidden the clan from watching the games in hopes to prevent the horror that would come from them. "Our young ones don't need to be exposed to this." But really it had been to try and spare Night until they found a way of telling her about Storm. The matriarch stroked the small wolf's fur in an attempt to calm her but didn't push her to speak as her cries eventually softened. Nighthunter suddenly growled, startling the tundra. "Why? Why do they do it?" "Night-" "Do they think it makes them strong?!" She rises and flares her wings. "Dragging dragons from their homes do they think killing those make them great?" She snarls, eyes rimmed with red from her tears, "If they're so strong then why don't they come and take us all when we're equal? Fight the true warriors of this world instead of hiding behind a wall and puppeteering a game!"

It's so rare to see Nigthunter truly angry, usually she's so carefree. Leilana glares at the mirror responsible for this pain, tempted to smash it to shards. No... this is our fault. We should have told her right away. She didn't need to watch her mate be torn to shreds with her own eyes. She stands up with Nighthunter and gently shakes her. "Stop. I know how you feel about plague. I can't pretend to know the pain and suffering you're going through right now but I do know lashing out will get you no where. I've seen this destroy dragons and eat them alive." "I can't just pretend that I didn't watch Storm die after being stolen from me!" "And I'm not asking you to!" Leilana snaps. She regrets that after Nighthunter falls silent, ears and tail drooping. She sighs, "You are allowed to be angry, furious about this even, but you can not just sit here away from your clan and let it fester. I will not allow you to. Storm would not want to see you like this, so please. Come back with me." Nighthunter stared at the ground before giving a hollow laugh, "Storm would be just as furious but I guess she was always like that." "Perhaps but you would do the same thing to stop her would you not?" "....." Leilana extends a claw, "Come on, Wail has prepared a special meal for you. We all loved Storm, let us burden this pain together and comfort you." Nighthunter wipes a paw across her snout before nodding.

Leilana doesn't want to give her false hope but she can't let her fall into despair just yet. The two Reznin sent were unusual for a rescue mission but the use of Nathaniel did not escape her notice. I see what you're doing, it's a smart backup plan. That said... I wonder if he can really do it. He's not a proper necromancer and so many things could go wrong. A question from Nighthunter breaks through her thoughts.

"Hey Leilana? What items are we allowed to send to the tributes?"

She whirls around to stare at Night who was now clutching the mirror and looking into it with an intensity rarely seen outside her work. "Why on earth would you want to participate in the games?!" "Because..." she chokes but presses on, "Storm wasn't alone when she died. I saw... I saw another dragon trying to help her. She threw something at them but I couldn't see what it was but that tells me she trusted them." She fixes Leilana with a hard look. "I want to help them survive."
@ridill
A gift wrote:
15116.png 17506.png 21375.png

A small note attached reads: The string and fishing hook are to help with better fishing, its one of the best and most effective designs. The smoldering embers I've sent you should last a while. They'll help purify any water you may find and if fish you catch is soaked with it it'll help disinfect, though it won't be perfect. The fresh featherback pelt is one of my favorite beddings, its soft and will help you get some rest and dries easily.

Please, survive.

I figured with all the fishing that's been happening everyone has just turned to that for food at this point :')
ngl I may or may not have teared up some at your post with storm's death
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 169 170