Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Bot's Breeding Log II
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Lot of WCs and Coatls... I hope you get them out soon, so that it gets a little bit faster. with "just" 30 days CD
Lot of WCs and Coatls... I hope you get them out soon, so that it gets a little bit faster. with "just" 30 days CD
2wowe9.jpg
yep! the other Breeders have Coatl/WC wishes.. so I am snagging what I can close to what I need :) Added another pair last night. Waiting on a few more dergs to hit trades to make 2 more hopefully. Working on more Ire/shim/Filigree in the pairs too edit: 2 new males. I need to assay bloodlines.. bit closer then most I have found!! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53678766] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/536788/53678766.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53682649][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/536827/53682649.png[/img][/url] Edit 2: ReAssayed all bloodlines since I have added quite a few dergs to the wish. (3rd post).. now to map all the Family Trees.
yep! the other Breeders have Coatl/WC wishes.. so I am snagging what I can close to what I need :)

Added another pair last night. Waiting on a few more dergs to hit trades to make 2 more hopefully.

Working on more Ire/shim/Filigree in the pairs too

edit:
2 new males. I need to assay bloodlines.. bit closer then most I have found!!

53678766.png
53682649.png

Edit 2:
ReAssayed all bloodlines since I have added quite a few dergs to the wish. (3rd post).. now to map all the Family Trees.
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
Oh some of them are really close... I hope you get it mapped and don't mix things up... just had that point with a friend... after sessions of breeding... they were related o.0

*crosses fingers for good hatches*
Oh some of them are really close... I hope you get it mapped and don't mix things up... just had that point with a friend... after sessions of breeding... they were related o.0

*crosses fingers for good hatches*
2wowe9.jpg
Finished mapping Family trees.

Reassembled a few breeding pairs

Pruned the first hatchling from the bunch to be sold or exalted. Keeping her sibling.

@/Kisk The first bunch of related dergs is not too bad. I can work with that.

The other related dergs will probably have at least one pruned out as I go and get them matched.
Finished mapping Family trees.

Reassembled a few breeding pairs

Pruned the first hatchling from the bunch to be sold or exalted. Keeping her sibling.

@/Kisk The first bunch of related dergs is not too bad. I can work with that.

The other related dergs will probably have at least one pruned out as I go and get them matched.
That looks really interesting, you have some really promising dragons in your list. Some look close to what I want.

It is really interesting to see how you work in it... now waiting for the first eggs. :D
That looks really interesting, you have some really promising dragons in your list. Some look close to what I want.

It is really interesting to see how you work in it... now waiting for the first eggs. :D
2wowe9.jpg
the fun part will be nit picking the genes into the right pairs so that they pass them onto desirable hatchlings!

Fingers crossed on the first two nest! another nest will be RTB in 5 days too!

edit, added gene info to the breeding pairs for quick reference.
the fun part will be nit picking the genes into the right pairs so that they pass them onto desirable hatchlings!

Fingers crossed on the first two nest! another nest will be RTB in 5 days too!

edit, added gene info to the breeding pairs for quick reference.
for what are you going in that case? correct colors or correct genes?
for what are you going in that case? correct colors or correct genes?
2wowe9.jpg
I always breed pairs that can produce the end combo needed.. even if it is a remote chance. But I also will prune any from these pairs in favor of offspring that has the right genes. Every pair listed has a chance of producing all the right colors.. I have so many more that need mates and are not listed as yet.

Currently, I am narrowing colors where I can, but also working with the closer pairs to get the genes in.
I always breed pairs that can produce the end combo needed.. even if it is a remote chance. But I also will prune any from these pairs in favor of offspring that has the right genes. Every pair listed has a chance of producing all the right colors.. I have so many more that need mates and are not listed as yet.

Currently, I am narrowing colors where I can, but also working with the closer pairs to get the genes in.
I just want to understand it, as this Lady is just one out of a set of three. But I think the other two are way easier as they are plentiful or common breeds (so breedchange is an option) and require just 2 Gemgenes... and the color combination is simpler (greenish / greenish /banana or blueish / blueish / yellow) so that is something more common.

And I also need to start this project. So you get down the coors, and then start getting in the genes from those who already have the close colors... ok, genes is a 50% chance... colors, well sometimes less than 10%. So I guess going for colors and then for genes makes total sense^^
I just want to understand it, as this Lady is just one out of a set of three. But I think the other two are way easier as they are plentiful or common breeds (so breedchange is an option) and require just 2 Gemgenes... and the color combination is simpler (greenish / greenish /banana or blueish / blueish / yellow) so that is something more common.

And I also need to start this project. So you get down the coors, and then start getting in the genes from those who already have the close colors... ok, genes is a 50% chance... colors, well sometimes less than 10%. So I guess going for colors and then for genes makes total sense^^
2wowe9.jpg
ok. I see what your asking. take this girl. As an Imp and her colors. DID NOT EXIST. when I bred for her, only thing near her colors was the triple Sapphire.. LONG range from the Raspberry I wanted. I chose to breed for color and Breed only. I sold everything for gems for a bit to get genes, expecting it to take a bit of time. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37609137][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/376092/37609137.png[/img][/url] If I am doing a personal project: *I breed for Breed for Imp and Wildclaw. Coatl scrolls are easy enough to get. * Try for gem genes where I can. If I am doing a DWF breeding: * I always breed for breed when the end Goal is Imp, Coatl, or Wildclaw * I will breed for any breed as much as possible, but can default to breed changing a hatchling if it hits exact colors/gender. * Will breed for all gem genes otherwise... In lesser breeds I will Breed for color. I will always try to get all genes in the mix, but some genes are not popular. But I will always choose genes the same rareness or higher when I can get access to the ones needed. with one exception... Terts. I always breed Gem gene terts if they are needed, but will consider any tert of limited or less IF the colors are close. as I can toss smirch on any derg to get the gene I want to breed in. Smirch are cheap... and just under the gem genes. Common breed changes are cheap. I try to always breed for this, but sometimes it is faster, cheaper and easier to just scroll... AS for the rest.. yeah. I breed for colors first. and try to work in all genes as I go.
ok. I see what your asking.

take this girl. As an Imp and her colors. DID NOT EXIST. when I bred for her, only thing near her colors was the triple Sapphire.. LONG range from the Raspberry I wanted. I chose to breed for color and Breed only. I sold everything for gems for a bit to get genes, expecting it to take a bit of time.

37609137.png

If I am doing a personal project:
*I breed for Breed for Imp and Wildclaw. Coatl scrolls are easy enough to get.
* Try for gem genes where I can.

If I am doing a DWF breeding:
* I always breed for breed when the end Goal is Imp, Coatl, or Wildclaw
* I will breed for any breed as much as possible, but can default to breed changing a hatchling if it hits exact colors/gender.
* Will breed for all gem genes

otherwise...

In lesser breeds I will Breed for color. I will always try to get all genes in the mix, but some genes are not popular. But I will always choose genes the same rareness or higher when I can get access to the ones needed. with one exception... Terts. I always breed Gem gene terts if they are needed, but will consider any tert of limited or less IF the colors are close. as I can toss smirch on any derg to get the gene I want to breed in. Smirch are cheap... and just under the gem genes.

Common breed changes are cheap. I try to always breed for this, but sometimes it is faster, cheaper and easier to just scroll...

AS for the rest.. yeah. I breed for colors first. and try to work in all genes as I go.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7