Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [LoW] The Infection Spreads
1 2 3
Intro

The silhouettes of a Skydancer and Fae dragon crawled across the sun-beaten landscape of the Abiding Boneyard. The Fae, a small sprightly thing named Frida, flitted in bursts of brown and purple in the air around the tall cinnamon Skydancer. She was worriedly fluttering next to a small satchel, with three green orbs visible in the small bag.

“Copper,” she began, “how are the eggs?”

“Just fine, just as they were 10 minutes ago and the half hour before that.” he teased, swiveling his bird-like head to her in a playful manner.

Frida sighed, hopping onto his back. “I know, I know… I just can’t help with being worried.” she explained, going back to examine the eggs in the satchel once again. They were perfect looking, with no visible defects under their translucent surface. “...We’ve gotta settle down. How are we gonna raise a clutch with all this moving?”

“Settle down here? Why not press on to somewhere more hospitable first?” he questioned, gesturing around at the sickened, arid landscape with his wing.

“Eggs don’t wait for convenience’s sake, Copper.” she grumbled. “They’ll hatch when they hatch. And if they hatch right in the middle of the Wasteland’s sands, by god, we’ll make do.”

“We’ll make do.”
Intro

The silhouettes of a Skydancer and Fae dragon crawled across the sun-beaten landscape of the Abiding Boneyard. The Fae, a small sprightly thing named Frida, flitted in bursts of brown and purple in the air around the tall cinnamon Skydancer. She was worriedly fluttering next to a small satchel, with three green orbs visible in the small bag.

“Copper,” she began, “how are the eggs?”

“Just fine, just as they were 10 minutes ago and the half hour before that.” he teased, swiveling his bird-like head to her in a playful manner.

Frida sighed, hopping onto his back. “I know, I know… I just can’t help with being worried.” she explained, going back to examine the eggs in the satchel once again. They were perfect looking, with no visible defects under their translucent surface. “...We’ve gotta settle down. How are we gonna raise a clutch with all this moving?”

“Settle down here? Why not press on to somewhere more hospitable first?” he questioned, gesturing around at the sickened, arid landscape with his wing.

“Eggs don’t wait for convenience’s sake, Copper.” she grumbled. “They’ll hatch when they hatch. And if they hatch right in the middle of the Wasteland’s sands, by god, we’ll make do.”

“We’ll make do.”
I have no idea who originally created the Legacy of War challenge, so if you do know, please tell me! I want to credit them. Anyways, here are the rules! I'll be using strikes to show if I'm not using a particular rule, and bold to denote if I am adding something new. The unedited rules are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f0eZPZYzkCS2K-Q50suE6QleYvmUrtI_Z-F0uO_RODU/edit

I'm playing with the All from Nothing endgoal- end with triple gem genes on a gem breed.
Rules

1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon!

Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...

~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

6 Eggs

A six-egg nest is technically impossible in the normal challenge, but if you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined:

--

1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor.

2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest.

3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

All from Nothing: Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. If you use this optional rule, I suggest also using The Chosen One optional rule.

Cheater, Cheater: During battle streaks, some of your contenders can play dirty by smuggling in potions! But this doesn't mean that you get to choose who did it or the potency of the potions used. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule:

You may only use Minor Health Potions.
After every battle in a streak, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 1 through 5, then nothing happens. If the result is 6, then someone uses a potion.
The only dragons that are allowed to use potions are those who are prospective heirs (aka: not coaches) and those who haven't fainted (aka: not yet disqualified). Therefore, if a dragon has already fainted in a trio group and you roll for a potion to be used, then that disqualified dragon is not allowed to receive the potion's benefits.
When a potion is rolled to be used, roll the six-sided die again. In a trio battle where all dragons still qualify (aka: none have fainted yet), rolling a 1 or 2 gives it to the oldest dragon, a 3 or 4 gives it to the middle dragon, and a 5 or 6 gives it to the youngest dragon. In a duo battle or a trio battle where one dragon is disqualified, rolling 1-3 gives it to the older qualifying dragon and rolling a 4-6 gives it to the younger qualifying dragon.
If a coach is being used, roll the six-sided die one more time. Rolling a 1-4 means the coach didn't notice. Rolling the 5-6 means the coach did notice and disqualifies the potion user at once, leaving the dragon that didn't use the potion in that round as your default survivor for the battle (which might make them your heir for that generation, depending on the circumstances!).

The Chosen One: If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them.

If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but only between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation.

Discount Mates: All mates must be purchased for 10kt (or its gem equivalent) or less throughout the duration of the challenge.

Level Playing Field: You must alter any differing battle stones of your potential heirs, but only so that they are the same for every contender. If this optional rule is used, it must be consistent throughout every generation of the Legacy of War. There are three viable combinations to select from:

Anticipate and Shred
Meditate and Contuse
Scratch and Shred

Mandatory Coaches: This was a rule in the original Legacy of War that I took out, but it's making a comeback. It's exactly what it sounds like: coaches are now mandatory for groups that would otherwise contain only two dragons. This can lead to some fun in-lore drama when combined with the Cheater, Cheateroptional rule.

Scraping the Barrel: A more extreme variation of the Slim Pickings optional rule. It works the same way, except you cannot filter for the biological sex that's breedable with your heir.

Slim Pickings: A more extreme variation of the Discount Mates optional rule. When picking your founder's or heir's mate on the Auction House, filter for the biological sex that's breedable with them, change the currency to treasure (if desired), and search. Make it so that you have 50 dragons per page. From here, you must pick your mate for this next generation from these 50 dragons. If the mate you try to buy is taken before you can nab them, then you must click to the next page and pick a dragon from there, or so on until a mate is successfully purchased.

Try Weggain (OR: If at First You Don't Succeed): If a Legacy of War pair gives you a one-egg nest on their first breeding, then instead of declaring the sole hatchling your heir by default, you get to have a second nest between the parents. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule:

It's all or nothing. If you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then you mustre-breed the parents for all generations that get a one-egg nest, even if the sole hatchling has one or more upgrades that would satisfy a Legacy of War challengee.

If -- deities forbid -- the parents give you another one-egg nest after the first one, then you cannot breed them a third time. This clause only applies to the first breeding of a generation, not the second.

The single dragon hatched from the one-egg nest must be kept, and will be forced to battle with the sibling(s) that come from the second breeding of their parents. In the meantime, they cannot be exalted, leveled, bred, or have their starting battle stones altered.

When looking up the heir selection rules in the quote box above, the single dragon from the first nest will qualify as the firstborn. The first child of the second nest will qualify as the secondborn, the second child of the second nest will qualify as the thirdborn, and so on.

If you get a five-egg nest after your one-egg nest, then you will have six potential heirs! This cannot happen during a normal Legacy of War challenge, but the heir selection method for a "six-egg nest" is now described in the heir selection quote box above.

Weeding Out the Unworthy: Instead of holding battle streaks, set up your Coliseum parties as you would according to the heir selection box above (without coaches) and send them to a high-level Coliseum venue (ex: the Arena) where -- obviously -- no one would survive. From here, watch the enemies obliterate your prospective heirs. The one who is struck down last is considered the survivor. Repeat according to the heir selection box as needed to discover who your deity has deemed worthy of continuing your legacy.

The Infection: Once there are hatchlings, each day roll a d6 for each hatchling. If the dice gets a 1, put down a tally mark for that hatchling. Once the hatchling amasses 3 tally marks, they are infected.
Once a dragon is infected in this way, it is disqualified, and the other hatchlings must roll again.
I have no idea who originally created the Legacy of War challenge, so if you do know, please tell me! I want to credit them. Anyways, here are the rules! I'll be using strikes to show if I'm not using a particular rule, and bold to denote if I am adding something new. The unedited rules are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f0eZPZYzkCS2K-Q50suE6QleYvmUrtI_Z-F0uO_RODU/edit

I'm playing with the All from Nothing endgoal- end with triple gem genes on a gem breed.
Rules

1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon!

Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...

~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

6 Eggs

A six-egg nest is technically impossible in the normal challenge, but if you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined:

--

1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor.

2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest.

3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

All from Nothing: Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. If you use this optional rule, I suggest also using The Chosen One optional rule.

Cheater, Cheater: During battle streaks, some of your contenders can play dirty by smuggling in potions! But this doesn't mean that you get to choose who did it or the potency of the potions used. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule:

You may only use Minor Health Potions.
After every battle in a streak, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 1 through 5, then nothing happens. If the result is 6, then someone uses a potion.
The only dragons that are allowed to use potions are those who are prospective heirs (aka: not coaches) and those who haven't fainted (aka: not yet disqualified). Therefore, if a dragon has already fainted in a trio group and you roll for a potion to be used, then that disqualified dragon is not allowed to receive the potion's benefits.
When a potion is rolled to be used, roll the six-sided die again. In a trio battle where all dragons still qualify (aka: none have fainted yet), rolling a 1 or 2 gives it to the oldest dragon, a 3 or 4 gives it to the middle dragon, and a 5 or 6 gives it to the youngest dragon. In a duo battle or a trio battle where one dragon is disqualified, rolling 1-3 gives it to the older qualifying dragon and rolling a 4-6 gives it to the younger qualifying dragon.
If a coach is being used, roll the six-sided die one more time. Rolling a 1-4 means the coach didn't notice. Rolling the 5-6 means the coach did notice and disqualifies the potion user at once, leaving the dragon that didn't use the potion in that round as your default survivor for the battle (which might make them your heir for that generation, depending on the circumstances!).

The Chosen One: If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them.

If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but only between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation.

Discount Mates: All mates must be purchased for 10kt (or its gem equivalent) or less throughout the duration of the challenge.

Level Playing Field: You must alter any differing battle stones of your potential heirs, but only so that they are the same for every contender. If this optional rule is used, it must be consistent throughout every generation of the Legacy of War. There are three viable combinations to select from:

Anticipate and Shred
Meditate and Contuse
Scratch and Shred

Mandatory Coaches: This was a rule in the original Legacy of War that I took out, but it's making a comeback. It's exactly what it sounds like: coaches are now mandatory for groups that would otherwise contain only two dragons. This can lead to some fun in-lore drama when combined with the Cheater, Cheateroptional rule.

Scraping the Barrel: A more extreme variation of the Slim Pickings optional rule. It works the same way, except you cannot filter for the biological sex that's breedable with your heir.

Slim Pickings: A more extreme variation of the Discount Mates optional rule. When picking your founder's or heir's mate on the Auction House, filter for the biological sex that's breedable with them, change the currency to treasure (if desired), and search. Make it so that you have 50 dragons per page. From here, you must pick your mate for this next generation from these 50 dragons. If the mate you try to buy is taken before you can nab them, then you must click to the next page and pick a dragon from there, or so on until a mate is successfully purchased.

Try Weggain (OR: If at First You Don't Succeed): If a Legacy of War pair gives you a one-egg nest on their first breeding, then instead of declaring the sole hatchling your heir by default, you get to have a second nest between the parents. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule:

It's all or nothing. If you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then you mustre-breed the parents for all generations that get a one-egg nest, even if the sole hatchling has one or more upgrades that would satisfy a Legacy of War challengee.

If -- deities forbid -- the parents give you another one-egg nest after the first one, then you cannot breed them a third time. This clause only applies to the first breeding of a generation, not the second.

The single dragon hatched from the one-egg nest must be kept, and will be forced to battle with the sibling(s) that come from the second breeding of their parents. In the meantime, they cannot be exalted, leveled, bred, or have their starting battle stones altered.

When looking up the heir selection rules in the quote box above, the single dragon from the first nest will qualify as the firstborn. The first child of the second nest will qualify as the secondborn, the second child of the second nest will qualify as the thirdborn, and so on.

If you get a five-egg nest after your one-egg nest, then you will have six potential heirs! This cannot happen during a normal Legacy of War challenge, but the heir selection method for a "six-egg nest" is now described in the heir selection quote box above.

Weeding Out the Unworthy: Instead of holding battle streaks, set up your Coliseum parties as you would according to the heir selection box above (without coaches) and send them to a high-level Coliseum venue (ex: the Arena) where -- obviously -- no one would survive. From here, watch the enemies obliterate your prospective heirs. The one who is struck down last is considered the survivor. Repeat according to the heir selection box as needed to discover who your deity has deemed worthy of continuing your legacy.

The Infection: Once there are hatchlings, each day roll a d6 for each hatchling. If the dice gets a 1, put down a tally mark for that hatchling. Once the hatchling amasses 3 tally marks, they are infected.
Once a dragon is infected in this way, it is disqualified, and the other hatchlings must roll again.
[center][Color=red][U][size=7]The Lineage[/size][/U][/color][/center] ---------- To keep the surprise, I'm going to link to the heirs of each generation (besides Generation 0 ofc) with items. The new hatchlings will have proper links until they go into the coli. In the description of each hatchling will be a list of their lineage for easy tracing. ---------- [center][Color=red][U][size=5]Generation 0[/size][/U][/color][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49172550] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491726/49172550_350.png[/img] [/url] Frida [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49157069] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491571/49157069_350.png[/img] [/url] Copper ---------- [center][Color=red][U][size=5]Generation 1[/size][/U][/color][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50060601] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/22381.png[/img] [/url] Troy [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50060602] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/22381.png[/img] [/url] Plum [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50060603] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/22381.png[/img] [/url] Halo
The Lineage

To keep the surprise, I'm going to link to the heirs of each generation (besides Generation 0 ofc) with items. The new hatchlings will have proper links until they go into the coli.
In the description of each hatchling will be a list of their lineage for easy tracing.
Generation 0

49172550_350.png
Frida

49157069_350.png
Copper
Generation 1

22381.png
Troy

22381.png
Plum

22381.png
Halo
Pinglist
mermaidlorelei, Decaffeinated, onemessyperson, Purplelizard, SoulOfChaos
Pinglist
mermaidlorelei, Decaffeinated, onemessyperson, Purplelizard, SoulOfChaos
reserved juuuust in case
reserved juuuust in case
Okay, guys! Frida and Copper, as you guys heard in the intro, have a three-egg nest! [img]https://i.imgur.com/QuRTTHC.jpg[/img] I'm praying for at least [b]some[/b] genes to be passed down, or at the very least they'll be pretty- They have nice brown ranges aside from the tertiary (eww) but WHATEVER i am here for G E N E S They hatch in 4 more periods/5 days so stay tuned!
Okay, guys! Frida and Copper, as you guys heard in the intro, have a three-egg nest!
QuRTTHC.jpg
I'm praying for at least some genes to be passed down, or at the very least they'll be pretty-
They have nice brown ranges aside from the tertiary (eww) but WHATEVER i am here for G E N E S
They hatch in 4 more periods/5 days so stay tuned!
Day 1
Frida had successfully found a cave. Copper took a bit of squeezing to fit through its small mouth, but luckily it was bigger on the inside than on the outside. A small, barren thing, it offered protection from the beating sun and blowing sands. Carefully taking the precious eggs out of the satchel, Frida resumed sitting on them- no small task for a Fae such as her.

“I’m off to get some food,” Copper called from the other side of the cave. Worming his way out of it wasn’t as hard as getting into it- he hoped he’d get used to the squeeze.

Frida looked up from the eggs and nodded. “Okay- just please stay safe.”

“Will do.” After a bit of a struggle, the graceful brown Skydancer had left their temporary home.

Now alone, Frida sat in silence with her clutch, their small amount of things strewn around them- bandages of course, some clothes, including Copper's turquoise mantle, and two journals. One of them was bound with colorful paper and fancy looking leather strips- a healer’s reference, maybe? Wasn’t Copper training to be a doctor? The other was a beaten, hide bound journal- most likely something private. It wasn’t her place to be going through his things, after all, so she let it be.

The eggs were surprisingly warm- and resilient, too. Their translucent shells gave them a faint glow as the light passed through, but peering down at them revealed no traces of what kind of dragons could possibly reside inside. Oh, god. If there are skydancers in here, my new kids will be just as big as me! She realized, chuckling to herself at the thought. Well… hopefully there’ll be a Fae like me- one that I can teach to get in all the nooks and crannies, and fly around, and-

“Frida, get the bandages!” A shout came from outside the cave- Copper. She launched up, saying a silent apology to her eggs, and zoomed over to the outside of the cave, bandages in tow. Copper was limping towards her across the sands, a wide gash in his back leg bleeding copious amounts of blood.

“What happened to you?!” she yelped as she opened up the bandages mid flight. Once she got to him, she began the process of bandaging up his currently bleeding leg.

“Another dragon, a lone mirror.” he said in response, paying close attention to her work. “We’re not as alone as we thought.”

“Do we have to move again? Agh, I thought we found a good spot!” she spat, angry at herself for putting him into danger.

“I’m not sure. They didn’t seem to be a part of a pack, and also…” he trailed off and looked away. But the silence said everything.

“...It was in self defense.” he muttered. By now, his leg was secured, although it seemed like the bandages would be soaked through in a matter of time. “Let’s not stand out here to discuss.”

“...Understood.” she solemnly said, and they both disappeared into the mouth of the cave.
Copper’s Private Journal
That wasn’t a Mirror.

I’ve seen mirrors before. Floppy ears, four eyes, well built for the pack hunting lifestyle. None of them have had maggots living in their skin.

I thought it was dead. It looked dead. It had been flopped out on the ground, baking in the sunlight. Went to investigate-who just leaves a corpse out without burying it??- and it snapped at me. I was able to put it down but not before it bit me.

I’m going to hold off on telling Frida about this until our eggs hatch. She’s right; we need to settle down. I can’t worry her with anything right now- she’s got enough on her plate as is. Guess I finally have use for all my medical notes, haha. Will take a look at em tomorrow, see if there's anything matching the description of what that Mirror had, but right now I’m tired. Gonna go to sleep.
@mermaidlorelei @Decaffeinated
EDIT: Removed the indents because they broke everything.
Day 1
Frida had successfully found a cave. Copper took a bit of squeezing to fit through its small mouth, but luckily it was bigger on the inside than on the outside. A small, barren thing, it offered protection from the beating sun and blowing sands. Carefully taking the precious eggs out of the satchel, Frida resumed sitting on them- no small task for a Fae such as her.

“I’m off to get some food,” Copper called from the other side of the cave. Worming his way out of it wasn’t as hard as getting into it- he hoped he’d get used to the squeeze.

Frida looked up from the eggs and nodded. “Okay- just please stay safe.”

“Will do.” After a bit of a struggle, the graceful brown Skydancer had left their temporary home.

Now alone, Frida sat in silence with her clutch, their small amount of things strewn around them- bandages of course, some clothes, including Copper's turquoise mantle, and two journals. One of them was bound with colorful paper and fancy looking leather strips- a healer’s reference, maybe? Wasn’t Copper training to be a doctor? The other was a beaten, hide bound journal- most likely something private. It wasn’t her place to be going through his things, after all, so she let it be.

The eggs were surprisingly warm- and resilient, too. Their translucent shells gave them a faint glow as the light passed through, but peering down at them revealed no traces of what kind of dragons could possibly reside inside. Oh, god. If there are skydancers in here, my new kids will be just as big as me! She realized, chuckling to herself at the thought. Well… hopefully there’ll be a Fae like me- one that I can teach to get in all the nooks and crannies, and fly around, and-

“Frida, get the bandages!” A shout came from outside the cave- Copper. She launched up, saying a silent apology to her eggs, and zoomed over to the outside of the cave, bandages in tow. Copper was limping towards her across the sands, a wide gash in his back leg bleeding copious amounts of blood.

“What happened to you?!” she yelped as she opened up the bandages mid flight. Once she got to him, she began the process of bandaging up his currently bleeding leg.

“Another dragon, a lone mirror.” he said in response, paying close attention to her work. “We’re not as alone as we thought.”

“Do we have to move again? Agh, I thought we found a good spot!” she spat, angry at herself for putting him into danger.

“I’m not sure. They didn’t seem to be a part of a pack, and also…” he trailed off and looked away. But the silence said everything.

“...It was in self defense.” he muttered. By now, his leg was secured, although it seemed like the bandages would be soaked through in a matter of time. “Let’s not stand out here to discuss.”

“...Understood.” she solemnly said, and they both disappeared into the mouth of the cave.
Copper’s Private Journal
That wasn’t a Mirror.

I’ve seen mirrors before. Floppy ears, four eyes, well built for the pack hunting lifestyle. None of them have had maggots living in their skin.

I thought it was dead. It looked dead. It had been flopped out on the ground, baking in the sunlight. Went to investigate-who just leaves a corpse out without burying it??- and it snapped at me. I was able to put it down but not before it bit me.

I’m going to hold off on telling Frida about this until our eggs hatch. She’s right; we need to settle down. I can’t worry her with anything right now- she’s got enough on her plate as is. Guess I finally have use for all my medical notes, haha. Will take a look at em tomorrow, see if there's anything matching the description of what that Mirror had, but right now I’m tired. Gonna go to sleep.
EDIT: Removed the indents because they broke everything.
Apologies for the small update- there isn't too much one can do while waiting for eggs to hatch- but I updated Frida and Copper's bios/outfits! You can find them in their descriptions.
Apologies for the small update- there isn't too much one can do while waiting for eggs to hatch- but I updated Frida and Copper's bios/outfits! You can find them in their descriptions.
Copper’s Private Journal, scrawled in the margin
Symptoms: Lethargy, aches and pains, fever.

Time Since Bite: 3 days

Notes: Feeling pretty itchy, though that might just be the sand. I’m not quite used to it yet.
Gosh, I'm craving insects right now. Something with crunch. Don't want plants right now, not that there are any to be found here. Gonna go see if Frida has any more.

Copper’s Private Journal, scrawled in the margin
Symptoms: Lethargy, aches and pains, fever.

Time Since Bite: 3 days

Notes: Feeling pretty itchy, though that might just be the sand. I’m not quite used to it yet.
Gosh, I'm craving insects right now. Something with crunch. Don't want plants right now, not that there are any to be found here. Gonna go see if Frida has any more.

[u][i]Day 5[/i][/u] Frida, snoozing near the lukewarm coals of the fire, was curled around her eggs as best as her little Fae body could manage. Cozy around the warm eggs and latent heat of the fire, she was about to fully doze off when- She felt one shift. Eyes shooting open, she fixed them on the pale green eggs. Could it be…? The largest one visibly shook now, and strained against its shell. “COPPER! COPPER, COME QUICK! THE EGGS!” she called to him, unable to take her eyes off them. Thinking quickly, she dragged the eggs away from the coals- she didn't need anyone burned today. The slumped over Skydancer woke from his slumber, and scrambled over, the first large movement he had done in days. His feather crest had begun to wither and fall off, a pile of scrawny plucked feathers forming next to his nest. But, to his credit, he managed not to cause a feather explosion as he came over. “I’m here, I’m here.” he said with excitement, wide yellow eyes fixated. Just as he sat down, the eggshell was punctured by a brown beaklike muzzle, not unlike his father’s. “Another skydancer, like me… You can do it, come on out!” he encouraged the young hatchling, as its limbs flailed inside the egg. Finally, with a great tearing noise, his beautifully plumed wings tore through the sides of the egg, and with that the egg disintegrated into a sopping wet pile of leathery stripes and fluid. Still dripping, the hatchling flopped over to Copper, landing in a disorderly pretzel of limbs and wings at his claws. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50060601] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=138&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=171&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=56&auth=54c96b77c951a2bf3aad4d302f4bdc795327774d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] “I’m sick, buddy… you can’t…” he chided him gently, turning him towards Frida. “Go see her, okay?” With a happy chirp, the young Skydancer galloped to his mom. True to her predictions, he was already almost the size of her, and would continue to grow. “Let’s name him Troy.” “Troy..? I like that name.” Copper agreed, nodding. “Hi, Tr-” he was cut short by another tearing noise. The second egg had begun to hatch. A small, light brown head poked out, this time a Fae dragon. Shaking her head to rid herself of the liquid, the minute dragon pulled itself out of the egg with a bit of effort. Its soaked, small wings were a beautiful shade of light purple. “It’s a mini me!” Frida cried, scooping the hatchling up to be with her brother. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50060602] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=162&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=93&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=92&auth=f49836637f2a249adb951190eb050f80e9ed73b9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] “The resemblance is uncanny.” he mused, craning his neck to get a better look at the newest hatchling. Its wide, red eyes, dyed from the Plagueland’s influence, shone in the limited light. “Hmm… how about Lilac? Or Plum?” he offered up as the hatchling stretched out its vibrant wings. “Eh, Lilac sounds a bit too flowery for my tastes. I like Plum better.” she answered, looking down at the fae. A small leathery piece of the shell had remained stubbornly stuck to her ear, weighing it down. In a show of affection that briefly surprised Copper, she plucked it off and fixed Plum’s ear for her. “There you go, you little rascal.” she cooed, smiling. “Now, the third one should go…” As if on cue, the third egg rattled and shook, a thin brown arm piercing the shell. The hole widened as a second arm came through, and as they pulled it wider, the egg split and fell off. A male fae walked out, dusty purple wings accented by dark purple stripes. His body was the same light brown of his sister. “He’s got your stripes!” Frida gleefully cheered, “How handsome!” [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50060603] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=162&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=41&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=119&auth=7fee7701cab2ec16477c58803d66f636002f44f7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Copper shyly extended his wings, noting the resemblance- he had really picked up his Peregrine. “Let’s call him Stripes!” Frida crowed. “Frida, I don’t know… isn’t that a bit too on the nose?” he responded, staring at the hatchling. The stripes circled around the fae’s wings like a dark purple halo, with his head at the origin. “How about Halo?” he offered. Frida thought to herself about it. “Yeah… yeah! I like it!” She scooped up Halo as well, all three hatchlings snuggled in a pile. Staring down at her hard work, she beamed. All seemed good and quiet. Until she heard a sniffle. Looking up, she saw Copper… crying? He hid his face behind his hands, but they didn’t cover up the big, wet tears that rolled down his muzzle. “Hey… are you okay?” she asked worriedly. The hatchlings noticed her mood shift, and Troy untangled himself from the others to sit next to him. “I-I’m fine… I’m just so happy…” he choked out. “I’m so happy I got to see them…” “What’s gotten into you?” Frida asked again, this time with a hint of pepper in her voice. “I… I’ve got something to tell you.” -------------- You have NO IDEA how hype I was to crack these bad boys open I was waiting for this all week I'm really excited about Troy and Halo, they got breed and gene upgrades respectively But Plum.... eeeh please don't win thanks If she wins, we'll be back to square one so no thanks EDIT: Got the day number wrong, sorry for any re-pings -------------- @mermaidlorelei @Decaffeinated @onemessyperson
Day 5
Frida, snoozing near the lukewarm coals of the fire, was curled around her eggs as best as her little Fae body could manage. Cozy around the warm eggs and latent heat of the fire, she was about to fully doze off when-

She felt one shift.

Eyes shooting open, she fixed them on the pale green eggs. Could it be…?

The largest one visibly shook now, and strained against its shell. “COPPER! COPPER, COME QUICK! THE EGGS!” she called to him, unable to take her eyes off them. Thinking quickly, she dragged the eggs away from the coals- she didn't need anyone burned today.

The slumped over Skydancer woke from his slumber, and scrambled over, the first large movement he had done in days. His feather crest had begun to wither and fall off, a pile of scrawny plucked feathers forming next to his nest. But, to his credit, he managed not to cause a feather explosion as he came over.

“I’m here, I’m here.” he said with excitement, wide yellow eyes fixated. Just as he sat down, the eggshell was punctured by a brown beaklike muzzle, not unlike his father’s. “Another skydancer, like me… You can do it, come on out!” he encouraged the young hatchling, as its limbs flailed inside the egg.

Finally, with a great tearing noise, his beautifully plumed wings tore through the sides of the egg, and with that the egg disintegrated into a sopping wet pile of leathery stripes and fluid. Still dripping, the hatchling flopped over to Copper, landing in a disorderly pretzel of limbs and wings at his claws.

dragon?age=0&body=138&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=171&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=56&auth=54c96b77c951a2bf3aad4d302f4bdc795327774d&dummyext=prev.png

“I’m sick, buddy… you can’t…” he chided him gently, turning him towards Frida. “Go see her, okay?”

With a happy chirp, the young Skydancer galloped to his mom. True to her predictions, he was already almost the size of her, and would continue to grow. “Let’s name him Troy.”

“Troy..? I like that name.” Copper agreed, nodding. “Hi, Tr-” he was cut short by another tearing noise. The second egg had begun to hatch.

A small, light brown head poked out, this time a Fae dragon. Shaking her head to rid herself of the liquid, the minute dragon pulled itself out of the egg with a bit of effort. Its soaked, small wings were a beautiful shade of light purple. “It’s a mini me!” Frida cried, scooping the hatchling up to be with her brother.

dragon?age=0&body=162&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=93&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=92&auth=f49836637f2a249adb951190eb050f80e9ed73b9&dummyext=prev.png

“The resemblance is uncanny.” he mused, craning his neck to get a better look at the newest hatchling. Its wide, red eyes, dyed from the Plagueland’s influence, shone in the limited light.

“Hmm… how about Lilac? Or Plum?” he offered up as the hatchling stretched out its vibrant wings.

“Eh, Lilac sounds a bit too flowery for my tastes. I like Plum better.” she answered, looking down at the fae. A small leathery piece of the shell had remained stubbornly stuck to her ear, weighing it down. In a show of affection that briefly surprised Copper, she plucked it off and fixed Plum’s ear for her. “There you go, you little rascal.” she cooed, smiling.

“Now, the third one should go…” As if on cue, the third egg rattled and shook, a thin brown arm piercing the shell. The hole widened as a second arm came through, and as they pulled it wider, the egg split and fell off. A male fae walked out, dusty purple wings accented by dark purple stripes. His body was the same light brown of his sister. “He’s got your stripes!” Frida gleefully cheered, “How handsome!”

dragon?age=0&body=162&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=41&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=119&auth=7fee7701cab2ec16477c58803d66f636002f44f7&dummyext=prev.png

Copper shyly extended his wings, noting the resemblance- he had really picked up his Peregrine. “Let’s call him Stripes!” Frida crowed.

“Frida, I don’t know… isn’t that a bit too on the nose?” he responded, staring at the hatchling. The stripes circled around the fae’s wings like a dark purple halo, with his head at the origin. “How about Halo?” he offered.

Frida thought to herself about it. “Yeah… yeah! I like it!” She scooped up Halo as well, all three hatchlings snuggled in a pile. Staring down at her hard work, she beamed. All seemed good and quiet.

Until she heard a sniffle. Looking up, she saw Copper… crying? He hid his face behind his hands, but they didn’t cover up the big, wet tears that rolled down his muzzle.

“Hey… are you okay?” she asked worriedly. The hatchlings noticed her mood shift, and Troy untangled himself from the others to sit next to him.

“I-I’m fine… I’m just so happy…” he choked out. “I’m so happy I got to see them…”

“What’s gotten into you?” Frida asked again, this time with a hint of pepper in her voice.

“I… I’ve got something to tell you.”
You have NO IDEA how hype I was to crack these bad boys open
I was waiting for this all week
I'm really excited about Troy and Halo, they got breed and gene upgrades respectively
But Plum.... eeeh please don't win thanks
If she wins, we'll be back to square one so no thanks
EDIT: Got the day number wrong, sorry for any re-pings
@mermaidlorelei @Decaffeinated @onemessyperson
1 2 3