Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Recover what was Lost
(will get fancy formatting at some point) Some edits to the rules [b]Basic rules:[/b] A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile! Addition - only apparel and familiars found in the coliseum are used but I am gonna equip good battlestones and have a starting cache of potions - You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25. - You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20. Main nuzlocke activity comes from the Pinkerton pull [b]Food: Coliseum time[/b]! Plants: 10-20 matches Insects: 20-30 matches Seafood: 30-40 matches Meat: 40-50 matches Choose from one of these two rules: Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon! OR Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above. (These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.) Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles! Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material! [b]Materials[/b]: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! [b] Trinkets[/b]: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there. Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore. [b]Rare drops: Wildcards[/b] [b]Familiars[/b]: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak [b]Apparel[/b]: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the original Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it. If no dragons are available to breed, I'm going to hatch an egg (auto-survive) [b]Battle items: Uh-oh!!![/b] Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones. Losing = all dragons die Winning = 10 dragons to level 25 I've chosen a dragon that wasn't really doing anything in my main lair to start with, and grabbed some Gen 1 hatchlings from the AH. so we have: [b]Ingrol[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43182359] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/431824/43182359_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Salmis[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49377521] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493776/49377521_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Wensum[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49326047] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493261/49326047_350.png[/img] [/url]
(will get fancy formatting at some point)

Some edits to the rules

Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Addition
- only apparel and familiars found in the coliseum are used but I am gonna equip good battlestones and have a starting cache of potions
- You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
- You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.

Main nuzlocke activity comes from the Pinkerton pull

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

OR

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

(These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets
: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the original Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

If no dragons are available to breed, I'm going to hatch an egg (auto-survive)

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

Losing = all dragons die
Winning = 10 dragons to level 25

I've chosen a dragon that wasn't really doing anything in my main lair to start with, and grabbed some Gen 1 hatchlings from the AH.

so we have:
Ingrol

43182359_350.png

Salmis

49377521_350.png

Wensum

49326047_350.png
Badge-1.pngFR-Badges-Sales-7.png
I'm keeping track of everything found in the coliseum from the challenge here

Hoard

I'm keeping track of everything found in the coliseum from the challenge here

Hoard

Those that have Fallen
Those that have Fallen
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43182359] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/431824/43182359_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Ingrol's POV[/b] The tremors faded away over an hour after they had started, the rest of my clan urge me not to investigate but I am too curious. I sneak into the stores and take some food and potions to keep me going for a short while. I head towards one of the small escape routes hidden around the lair to avoid being noticed. I squeeze through the narrow crack and fall a short distance when I loose my footing. Stood in front of me is one of the clan elders, her back turned, refusing to look at me. As she speaks her tone is full of gentle understanding. She says that if I leave I will not be welcome back. I wonder at the strange phrasing she is using, like she's not actually speaking to me, then I understand. She's supposed to stop me, but she can't if she hasn't seen me. She's going to tell the rest of the clan that I must have left a different way. When she has finished speaking, some short tips on surviving without a clan to aid me, I want to tell her thank you, but I know I must keep up the illusion. I take the advice she gave and head out, not going directly toward the source of the tremors, but instead towards a wooded area so I could hide for a bit. My clan is now behind me, and who knows what is in store for me.

Ingrol's POV

The tremors faded away over an hour after they had started, the rest of my clan urge me not to investigate but I am too curious. I sneak into the stores and take some food and potions to keep me going for a short while. I head towards one of the small escape routes hidden around the lair to avoid being noticed. I squeeze through the narrow crack and fall a short distance when I loose my footing.

Stood in front of me is one of the clan elders, her back turned, refusing to look at me. As she speaks her tone is full of gentle understanding. She says that if I leave I will not be welcome back. I wonder at the strange phrasing she is using, like she's not actually speaking to me, then I understand. She's supposed to stop me, but she can't if she hasn't seen me. She's going to tell the rest of the clan that I must have left a different way.

When she has finished speaking, some short tips on surviving without a clan to aid me, I want to tell her thank you, but I know I must keep up the illusion.
I take the advice she gave and head out, not going directly toward the source of the tremors, but instead towards a wooded area so I could hide for a bit.

My clan is now behind me, and who knows what is in store for me.