Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Swarm (modified Pinkerlocke)
The blessing they received was plague.

They were born in the Wyrmwound; raised there, with the rot and filth and disease. They were strong, chosen at hatch for the signs they bore on their hides, and brought to adulthood without the taste of kindness.

The Mother marked their faces, one long cut from brow to nose with a knife dipped in liquid agony, and they lived. They were chosen. They were revenge.

Go, was the command, and they went - across land and sea, to verdant green, the Behemoth's shadow on the horizon their north star. They came with death in their veins, a blessing for their sister, who had hurt them so...
The blessing they received was plague.

They were born in the Wyrmwound; raised there, with the rot and filth and disease. They were strong, chosen at hatch for the signs they bore on their hides, and brought to adulthood without the taste of kindness.

The Mother marked their faces, one long cut from brow to nose with a knife dipped in liquid agony, and they lived. They were chosen. They were revenge.

Go, was the command, and they went - across land and sea, to verdant green, the Behemoth's shadow on the horizon their north star. They came with death in their veins, a blessing for their sister, who had hurt them so...
b6c909a097384df55457cdfcbf869a92.png
This is going to be a more casual Pinkerlocke, with some flexibility built in so I don't get bored and drop it. Overall I will be following the standard Pinkerlocke rules, with the following modifications:
  • Fainting during training will be ignored, except for one-hit kills. Training can be done solo, or with a trainer.
  • To make up for reduced deaths, apparel pulls will add a single dragon on heads, and none on tails; familiar pulls will allow nesting or geneing.
  • Eggs dropped in the coli while training will be "hatched" by purchasing a hatchling G1 of the appropriate element.
  • All apparel obtained from the coliseum or from familiar bonding chests must be worn, no exceptions.
  • Trinket pulls are neutral - nothing happens.
This is going to be a more casual Pinkerlocke, with some flexibility built in so I don't get bored and drop it. Overall I will be following the standard Pinkerlocke rules, with the following modifications:
  • Fainting during training will be ignored, except for one-hit kills. Training can be done solo, or with a trainer.
  • To make up for reduced deaths, apparel pulls will add a single dragon on heads, and none on tails; familiar pulls will allow nesting or geneing.
  • Eggs dropped in the coli while training will be "hatched" by purchasing a hatchling G1 of the appropriate element.
  • All apparel obtained from the coliseum or from familiar bonding chests must be worn, no exceptions.
  • Trinket pulls are neutral - nothing happens.
[center][size=5][b]Starting Dragons[/b][/size][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48381871] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483819/48381871_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Exsanguinate - "Sang"[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48456271] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/484563/48456271_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Excoriate - "Core"[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48597711] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/485978/48597711_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Exhumate - "Hume"[/b]
Starting Dragons

48381871_350.png

Exsanguinate - "Sang"

48456271_350.png

Excoriate - "Core"

48597711_350.png

Exhumate - "Hume"
[center][b][size=5]Day 1[/size][/b] [item=scholar] [b]Battlestone[/b][/center] She rattled the bones, and cast them on the ground, unfamiliar in its mossy verdant green. They fell, bounced, lay still; fell into the sign for death. She licked her lips. They had only just reached the green lands. So soon? [i]A fight, then,[/i] Sang replied, looking across the bones to Core. [i]A fight,[/i] the other mirror agreed with a growl. She shook herself and gathered the bones, tucking them beneath her wolf-skin in a pouch of leather. Hume hissed her amusement, and put her nose to the ground, sniffing like a hunting-hound. She caught a scent, and threw her head back and bayed. The two other mirrors joined her in a hunting-scream, and then they were off, talons tearing into delicate green and carrying them towards their destiny. [rule] They made camp for the night in the fields, laughing about their luck. Death there had been... for their enemies, and they feasted on chipskink tails and webwings, crunching the beaks and fine wing-bones with rapacious glee. Hume wore the forest green wraps of one fallen on her wings, blending in almost seamlessly with the kelpie mane that helped her blend with the woods. It was a good omen, the three agreed. A good omen indeed.
Day 1
Scholar
Battlestone

She rattled the bones, and cast them on the ground, unfamiliar in its mossy verdant green. They fell, bounced, lay still; fell into the sign for death. She licked her lips. They had only just reached the green lands. So soon?

A fight, then, Sang replied, looking across the bones to Core.

A fight, the other mirror agreed with a growl. She shook herself and gathered the bones, tucking them beneath her wolf-skin in a pouch of leather.

Hume hissed her amusement, and put her nose to the ground, sniffing like a hunting-hound. She caught a scent, and threw her head back and bayed. The two other mirrors joined her in a hunting-scream, and then they were off, talons tearing into delicate green and carrying them towards their destiny.

They made camp for the night in the fields, laughing about their luck. Death there had been... for their enemies, and they feasted on chipskink tails and webwings, crunching the beaks and fine wing-bones with rapacious glee. Hume wore the forest green wraps of one fallen on her wings, blending in almost seamlessly with the kelpie mane that helped her blend with the woods.

It was a good omen, the three agreed. A good omen indeed.
[b][center][size=5]Day 2[/size][/b] [item=grey basalt] [b]Material[/b][/center] It was Hume's turn to cast the bones, and she rolled them between her cupped hands, listening to the [i]clink-clink-clink[/i] as the old knucklebones chattered together. Then she dropped them, letting them fall where they would on the bed of moss. The three mirrors gathered around the bones and examined them. [i]Flight,[/i] Sang indicated, touching the marking etched and stained on the side of the bone. [i]And sight,[/i] Core added, and nudged the knucklebone showing the mark. The two looked to Hume, who from sundown to sundown was their oracle. She bared her teeth. [i]We search by air,[/i] the dragon declared. They took to the air, skeining out over the trees, heads swiveling as they swept the forest for habitation. It was an exhausting way to hunt, but it gave them a new perspective on the lands. They were vast and wild hunting-lands, and the day's close saw them with sore wings and empty forest. They gathered to watch the red eye of the sun set, and Hume took the bones out of the pouch around her neck, passing them to Sang with the reverence due such objects, given to them by their Clan Mother. "Perhaps I read them wrong," she muttered aloud. Core cuffed her and growled. [i]I defy you,[/i] her posture said, then she relaxed her crest and shifted to indicate, [i]The hunt goes on.[/i] Hume shook herself. [i]I submit, you are right,[/i] she replied. Theirs was a language of body posture and movement - simple, but effective for a hunting pack. More complex thoughts were spoken aloud during encampments, but the pack on the hunt communicated in silence, save for growls or hunting-cries. [i]Rest now,[/i] Sang declared, and the pack obeyed.
Day 2
Grey Basalt
Material

It was Hume's turn to cast the bones, and she rolled them between her cupped hands, listening to the clink-clink-clink as the old knucklebones chattered together. Then she dropped them, letting them fall where they would on the bed of moss. The three mirrors gathered around the bones and examined them.

Flight, Sang indicated, touching the marking etched and stained on the side of the bone.

And sight, Core added, and nudged the knucklebone showing the mark.

The two looked to Hume, who from sundown to sundown was their oracle. She bared her teeth. We search by air, the dragon declared.

They took to the air, skeining out over the trees, heads swiveling as they swept the forest for habitation. It was an exhausting way to hunt, but it gave them a new perspective on the lands. They were vast and wild hunting-lands, and the day's close saw them with sore wings and empty forest.

They gathered to watch the red eye of the sun set, and Hume took the bones out of the pouch around her neck, passing them to Sang with the reverence due such objects, given to them by their Clan Mother. "Perhaps I read them wrong," she muttered aloud.

Core cuffed her and growled. I defy you, her posture said, then she relaxed her crest and shifted to indicate, The hunt goes on.

Hume shook herself. I submit, you are right, she replied. Theirs was a language of body posture and movement - simple, but effective for a hunting pack. More complex thoughts were spoken aloud during encampments, but the pack on the hunt communicated in silence, save for growls or hunting-cries.

Rest now, Sang declared, and the pack obeyed.