Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] A Land in Peril [War + Locke]
1 2
I don't know how to name these things. Sorry. [center][img]https://s3.postimg.cc/dswtlg4qb/divider.png[/img][/center] I thought doing this challenge might be fun. This is based off of the Legacy of War challenge and a Pinkerlocke, created by fenshae. I modified it a bit. Here are the rules I've set: [quote] [list] [*]The starter dragon is a* triple-basic plentiful breed on the AH. [*]Their mate must cost less than 10kt and be purchased entirely for this purpose. [*]The heir is chosen by the coli - you live, you carry on the next generation. [*]The mate for each generation can cost 10kt more than the last one. [*]Before buying, mates cannot be scried with the heirs. Careful inspection is okay, though. [/list][/quote] [size=2]*I believe it was originally supposed to be 'the cheapest'. Unfortunately, many have hideous combos that I know I'll never get a use out of, so I did inspect each one. Originally I wanted a G1, but you know the deal with G1s. I found two non-G1s that had reasonable scries, but neither were good enough. I did find a decent starter dragon.[/size] Each generation's dragons will be trained and faced with challenges, and only a few will survive. Under [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=361961&tab=dragon&did=45824809]Talon's[/url] watchful eye, these dragons will participate in a modified Pinkerlocke. ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47690587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/476906/47690587_350.png[/img] [/url] [i][color=transparent]-x-x-x[/color]The Shade is rising again, causing darkness to fall over the realm. The Beastclans, long known for conflict with dragon clans, have joined its forces, deadlier than ever now that they have the Shade on their side. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=361961&tab=dragon&did=47690587]Paradox[/url] knows it will only be a matter of time until they are all defeated, and is preparing to create a force to fight back - a heir, bred and trained to have the strongest magical abilities. They will be a dragon possessing the most powerful traits, to defeat the Shade. He knows how to execute his plan perfectly - Paradox has been finding dragons with powerful potential, knowing at any time the Shade's forces could strike - and the next attack may just as well be lethal.[/i] [quote] [list] [*]When a dragon dies in coli, they are exalted. [*]Unless otherwise specified, RNG chooses the coli teams and venues are always one level lower than the highest dragon's level. [*]When a heir is chosen, it joins the Pinkerlocke. [*]Depending on level, dragons can receive genes: [list] [*]Level 10: Primary [*]Level 15: Secondary [*]Level 20: Tertiary[/list] At any time, a breed change can be added. [*]At level 25, dragons are retired from the challenge. [*]If a non-legacy nest is hatched, hatchling lives are determined by RNG... or a flip of a coin. Heads: lives. Tails: dies. [*]All items used for the purpose of the Pinkerlocke (genes, potions, etc.) must be obtained from Pinkerlocke activities.[/list] [b]Pinkerton drops[/b] [b]Food:[/b] Coli! [b]Plants:[/b] 10-20 matches [b]Insects:[/b] 20-30 matches [b]Seafood:[/b] 30-40 matches [b]Meat:[/b] 40-50 matches [u]Medium mode[/u]: If there are more than 3 dragons to choose from, RNG selects the team. Venue is one level lower than highest level dragon (s). They stay in that venue for the rest of the day. Potions, fleeing, and ending streaks are okay, refreshing is not. [b]Materials:[/b] Writing Write additional lore for dragons. Not much to say about this, eh? [b]Trinkets:[/b] Free day! I'll explain this one. Trinkets are supposed to be 'chest opening day'. Unfortunately for me, I participate in the Chest Challenge 2018, meaning that I save all my chests for a full year. I can't open them until May/June 2019, and I have to track each month's chests before putting them in the vault - so keeping separate chest hoards is out of the question. I do not plan on breaking the chest challenge rules. [size=1]I did break the rules... twice or three times. Mostly by accident though. Mostly. There were one (or two) times where I was desperate for money and sold an egg... LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THAT NOW[/size] And I can't think of anything else... so. I can do whatever I want today. [b]Battle items:[/b] Death streak Flip a coin. Heads: Nothing happens. Tails: Death streak time. RNG a team and play 10 consecutive rounds or until a dragon dies. Potions are fine, retreats are not. [b]Apparel:[/b] Wild card This rule is modified, just like the trinket rule. Apparel is a wild card, meaning I RNG from 1-5 and whatever comes out is what I do. If I get apparel, I may have to do excessive coli, a death streak, whatever! [list=1] [*]Food [list=1] [*]Meat [*]Insects [*]Seafood [*]Meat[/list] [*]Materials [*]Trinkets [*]Battle [*]Familiar[/list] [b]Familiar:[/b] Buy something On familiar days, I can buy anything, potions, genes, dragons, etc. [b]Financial rules[/b] There are certain limitations to the challenge. [s]oh boy[/s] [list] [*]'Locke funds are [b]not[/b] separate from 'locke funds. Why? It's just that I have too many things other than this and I don't want to put everything I've got into this. [*]Potions and battle stones can't be bought, they have to come from the coli (exception: familiar days). But dragons can steal some supplies from my usual team. [*]Dailies, exalting, any form of making money is considered Pinkerlocke money. Funds, however, can at any time be used for anything.[/list][/quote] If you'd like to 'rescue' any rejected dragon before exalting, let me know!
I don't know how to name these things. Sorry.
divider.png

I thought doing this challenge might be fun. This is based off of the Legacy of War challenge and a Pinkerlocke, created by fenshae. I modified it a bit.

Here are the rules I've set:
Quote:
  • The starter dragon is a* triple-basic plentiful breed on the AH.
  • Their mate must cost less than 10kt and be purchased entirely for this purpose.
  • The heir is chosen by the coli - you live, you carry on the next generation.
  • The mate for each generation can cost 10kt more than the last one.
  • Before buying, mates cannot be scried with the heirs. Careful inspection is okay, though.

*I believe it was originally supposed to be 'the cheapest'. Unfortunately, many have hideous combos that I know I'll never get a use out of, so I did inspect each one. Originally I wanted a G1, but you know the deal with G1s. I found two non-G1s that had reasonable scries, but neither were good enough. I did find a decent starter dragon.

Each generation's dragons will be trained and faced with challenges, and only a few will survive. Under Talon's watchful eye, these dragons will participate in a modified Pinkerlocke.

47690587_350.png

-x-x-xThe Shade is rising again, causing darkness to fall over the realm. The Beastclans, long known for conflict with dragon clans, have joined its forces, deadlier than ever now that they have the Shade on their side. Paradox knows it will only be a matter of time until they are all defeated, and is preparing to create a force to fight back - a heir, bred and trained to have the strongest magical abilities. They will be a dragon possessing the most powerful traits, to defeat the Shade. He knows how to execute his plan perfectly - Paradox has been finding dragons with powerful potential, knowing at any time the Shade's forces could strike - and the next attack may just as well be lethal.
Quote:
  • When a dragon dies in coli, they are exalted.
  • Unless otherwise specified, RNG chooses the coli teams and venues are always one level lower than the highest dragon's level.
  • When a heir is chosen, it joins the Pinkerlocke.
  • Depending on level, dragons can receive genes:
    • Level 10: Primary
    • Level 15: Secondary
    • Level 20: Tertiary
    At any time, a breed change can be added.
  • At level 25, dragons are retired from the challenge.
  • If a non-legacy nest is hatched, hatchling lives are determined by RNG... or a flip of a coin. Heads: lives. Tails: dies.
  • All items used for the purpose of the Pinkerlocke (genes, potions, etc.) must be obtained from Pinkerlocke activities.

Pinkerton drops

Food: Coli!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Medium mode: If there are more than 3 dragons to choose from, RNG selects the team. Venue is one level lower than highest level dragon (s). They stay in that venue for the rest of the day. Potions, fleeing, and ending streaks are okay, refreshing is not.

Materials: Writing
Write additional lore for dragons. Not much to say about this, eh?

Trinkets: Free day!
I'll explain this one. Trinkets are supposed to be 'chest opening day'. Unfortunately for me, I participate in the Chest Challenge 2018, meaning that I save all my chests for a full year. I can't open them until May/June 2019, and I have to track each month's chests before putting them in the vault - so keeping separate chest hoards is out of the question. I do not plan on breaking the chest challenge rules. I did break the rules... twice or three times. Mostly by accident though. Mostly. There were one (or two) times where I was desperate for money and sold an egg... LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THAT NOW

And I can't think of anything else... so. I can do whatever I want today.

Battle items: Death streak
Flip a coin. Heads: Nothing happens.
Tails: Death streak time.
RNG a team and play 10 consecutive rounds or until a dragon dies. Potions are fine, retreats are not.

Apparel: Wild card
This rule is modified, just like the trinket rule. Apparel is a wild card, meaning I RNG from 1-5 and whatever comes out is what I do. If I get apparel, I may have to do excessive coli, a death streak, whatever!
  1. Food
    1. Meat
    2. Insects
    3. Seafood
    4. Meat
  2. Materials
  3. Trinkets
  4. Battle
  5. Familiar

Familiar: Buy something
On familiar days, I can buy anything, potions, genes, dragons, etc.

Financial rules
There are certain limitations to the challenge. oh boy
  • 'Locke funds are not separate from 'locke funds. Why? It's just that I have too many things other than this and I don't want to put everything I've got into this.
  • Potions and battle stones can't be bought, they have to come from the coli (exception: familiar days). But dragons can steal some supplies from my usual team.
  • Dailies, exalting, any form of making money is considered Pinkerlocke money. Funds, however, can at any time be used for anything.

If you'd like to 'rescue' any rejected dragon before exalting, let me know!
[center][img]https://s3.postimg.cc/dswtlg4qb/divider.png[/img][/center] You, again, can rescue rejected dragons from me! They'll be exalted soon, so if you like one, you can ask for it. You can ask to 'reserve' a dragon before they compete for the position of heir. [center][img]http://keelanrosa.com/imgstash/BreedingRarityCat.png[/img][/center] Chart above is not up to date. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2361926/1]Specialty Items Reference v2.0[/url] Thanks to fenshae for creating this challenge.
divider.png

You, again, can rescue rejected dragons from me! They'll be exalted soon, so if you like one, you can ask for it. You can ask to 'reserve' a dragon before they compete for the position of heir.
BreedingRarityCat.png

Chart above is not up to date. Specialty Items Reference v2.0

Thanks to fenshae for creating this challenge.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=361961&did=45824809][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=45824809&skin=0&apparel=27128,12267,8812,7284,9217&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote]Talon was a camp again. He hadn't left since... oh, how long was it? With the war raging on, endlessly, it seemed like Talon was forever stuck here. Wounded soldiers poured in every day, new recruits; the camp was always changing. But to him, there was no change. He'd seen it all, dozens of times. Talon had plenty of military experience, and he was not happy being confined to the camp. So when he heard the sound of approaching wingbeats over the dull clamor, it was anything but what he expected. Talon looked up to see a dragon with plenty of wounds, some still bleeding. [i]A scout.[/i] This dragon approached him swiftly, and he could see him limping. "Sir--Sir, I have--" he began, the faltered for a moment. "A-Are you Talon?" A single nod was sufficient enough. The scout continued. "The camp was attacked; they came at us from all places, I don't even know how they got through our defenses! A number of soldiers are dead or injured, and some may be prisoners. We don't know. The camp is still searching through the rubble." Was that possible? Was there a flaw in their defenses? What if they did lose this war? [i]What are these Beastclans going to do to us further?[/i] "Paradox--Paradox sent a message to you," the dragon said. "He said to deliver it directly to you." "Go on." "He said..." The scout paused for a moment, recalling his memory. "He said, [i]'Our forces are not enough. The darkness is rising, and soon we shall all be destroyed. The enemy is strengthening, even as we fight it. I have a plan in mind. Stay there; I will come in two days.[/i]'" Talon thought for a moment. "Did Paradox specify what the plan was, or anything else useful?" "No, sir." He doubted the scout knew any more than he did. That was fine, though, he could wait two days. Paradox had a way with being mysterious. If anybody could devise a plan to defeat the Beastclans and the terrible Shade, it would be Paradox. [i]I hope.[/i][/quote]
dragon?did=45824809&skin=0&apparel=27128,12267,8812,7284,9217&xt=dressing.png
Quote:
Talon was a camp again.

He hadn't left since... oh, how long was it? With the war raging on, endlessly, it seemed like Talon was forever stuck here. Wounded soldiers poured in every day, new recruits; the camp was always changing.

But to him, there was no change.

He'd seen it all, dozens of times. Talon had plenty of military experience, and he was not happy being confined to the camp.

So when he heard the sound of approaching wingbeats over the dull clamor, it was anything but what he expected. Talon looked up to see a dragon with plenty of wounds, some still bleeding.

A scout.

This dragon approached him swiftly, and he could see him limping. "Sir--Sir, I have--" he began, the faltered for a moment. "A-Are you Talon?"

A single nod was sufficient enough. The scout continued. "The camp was attacked; they came at us from all places, I don't even know how they got through our defenses! A number of soldiers are dead or injured, and some may be prisoners. We don't know. The camp is still searching through the rubble."

Was that possible? Was there a flaw in their defenses? What if they did lose this war?

What are these Beastclans going to do to us further?

"Paradox--Paradox sent a message to you," the dragon said. "He said to deliver it directly to you."

"Go on."

"He said..." The scout paused for a moment, recalling his memory. "He said, 'Our forces are not enough. The darkness is rising, and soon we shall all be destroyed. The enemy is strengthening, even as we fight it. I have a plan in mind. Stay there; I will come in two days.'"

Talon thought for a moment. "Did Paradox specify what the plan was, or anything else useful?"

"No, sir."

He doubted the scout knew any more than he did. That was fine, though, he could wait two days. Paradox had a way with being mysterious.

If anybody could devise a plan to defeat the Beastclans and the terrible Shade, it would be Paradox.

I hope.
[center][size=5]The Progenitor[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47843113] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/478432/47843113_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote] [b]Purchased 12/21/18[/b] 5400t Lavender/Purple/Sand triple basic[/quote] [quote] Aurea was well aware of her fate as she lay on the ground, feigning sleep, watching her family fly away. They had abandoned her. It was true, Aurea was nothing special. Not very pleasing to the eye, basic, [i]ordinary.[/i] So as she lay there, she did not expect an elegant skydancer to land beside her and whisper an offer in her ear, promising great things. "I can offer you a home, shelter and safety," he whispered. "Glory and the most special fate awaiting you... on just one small condition. You will contribute to a... project I have, and you will not resist or protest. You will be the first of a line of the most powerful dragons..." Here Aurea stopped listening. She knew he saw potential in her abilities... but was she really able to? Being the first of a legacy of generations of dragons... oh, yes, that sounded like a great responsibility indeed.[/quote] I went pre-shopping for a progenitor... and came up with quite a few interesting results. I know it's supposed to be 'the cheapest triple-basic dragon' BUT this is my challenge, so I can alter it, right? Right, right. I found a few adults that were okay, but after scrying, I realized that they were hopeless. Originally I wanted a G1, but threw that idea out the window. After browsing a bit more, I found this girl for 5400t, and snapped her up. ----- [center][size=5]The Mate[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44625050] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/446251/44625050_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote] [b]Purchased 12/24/18[/b] 10g Pearl/Pearl/Pearl Cherub/Spinner/Basic[/quote] [quote]Regius was born to a family of thieves. He was raised to learn how to trick a dragon to looking the other way, how to snatch a wallet from under one's nose, and most importantly, how to never get caught. The last rule was a difficult one to follow, for Regius was seen stealing things one too many times, and told that he must work off his freedom if he didn't want to spend the next few years in jail. Regius always gave back what he took. He was a dragon with a kind heart, and could barely stand injustice. This, his family saw as weakness. Although he only wished the best intentions, still he faced punishment. Regius promised his obedience to whoever wanted his. He swore to never steal a thing again, whether a beloved family heirloom or a scrap of parchment. To never steal again was a big thing for him to promise, having been raised all his life to do so, but Regius was determined to keep up to his oath. However, he dreaded being sent to live and work with another dragon. He did not expect, however, his purchaser to be a tall and regal skydancer, whispering promises of glory and favor, as long as he contributed to a certain 'project.' Regius did not care about glory or wealth or power. All he wanted was to be free, free of his punishment, free of his family's impatience. If that meant doing what he thought the skydancer meant... then it would be worth it, wouldn't it?[/quote] A pretty boy for my pretty progenitor. Hopefully their hatchlings will be nice. Welp, though, their tertiaries are going to have to be basic. He's RTB, but unfortunately, Aurea is not. Ah well. It's only like, what, 12 days? Totally not long. On the bright side, Aurea will be ready near the end of NotN, so during the rest of NotN I can focus on that and not this. From now on I'm buying RTB dragons, I'm i m p a t i e n t. EDIT: I dressed up Regius... I LOVE HIM [s]and I'm probably keeping him even if he dies in the coli[/s] EDIT: nevermind he died
The Progenitor

47843113_350.png
Quote:
Purchased 12/21/18
5400t
Lavender/Purple/Sand triple basic
Quote:
Aurea was well aware of her fate as she lay on the ground, feigning sleep, watching her family fly away.

They had abandoned her.

It was true, Aurea was nothing special. Not very pleasing to the eye, basic, ordinary. So as she lay there, she did not expect an elegant skydancer to land beside her and whisper an offer in her ear, promising great things.

"I can offer you a home, shelter and safety," he whispered. "Glory and the most special fate awaiting you... on just one small condition. You will contribute to a... project I have, and you will not resist or protest. You will be the first of a line of the most powerful dragons..."

Here Aurea stopped listening. She knew he saw potential in her abilities... but was she really able to?

Being the first of a legacy of generations of dragons... oh, yes, that sounded like a great responsibility indeed.

I went pre-shopping for a progenitor... and came up with quite a few interesting results. I know it's supposed to be 'the cheapest triple-basic dragon' BUT this is my challenge, so I can alter it, right?

Right, right. I found a few adults that were okay, but after scrying, I realized that they were hopeless. Originally I wanted a G1, but threw that idea out the window. After browsing a bit more, I found this girl for 5400t, and snapped her up.

The Mate

44625050_350.png
Quote:
Purchased 12/24/18
10g
Pearl/Pearl/Pearl
Cherub/Spinner/Basic
Quote:
Regius was born to a family of thieves. He was raised to learn how to trick a dragon to looking the other way, how to snatch a wallet from under one's nose, and most importantly, how to never get caught.

The last rule was a difficult one to follow, for Regius was seen stealing things one too many times, and told that he must work off his freedom if he didn't want to spend the next few years in jail.

Regius always gave back what he took. He was a dragon with a kind heart, and could barely stand injustice. This, his family saw as weakness. Although he only wished the best intentions, still he faced punishment.

Regius promised his obedience to whoever wanted his. He swore to never steal a thing again, whether a beloved family heirloom or a scrap of parchment. To never steal again was a big thing for him to promise, having been raised all his life to do so, but Regius was determined to keep up to his oath.

However, he dreaded being sent to live and work with another dragon. He did not expect, however, his purchaser to be a tall and regal skydancer, whispering promises of glory and favor, as long as he contributed to a certain 'project.'

Regius did not care about glory or wealth or power. All he wanted was to be free, free of his punishment, free of his family's impatience.

If that meant doing what he thought the skydancer meant... then it would be worth it, wouldn't it?

A pretty boy for my pretty progenitor. Hopefully their hatchlings will be nice. Welp, though, their tertiaries are going to have to be basic.

He's RTB, but unfortunately, Aurea is not. Ah well. It's only like, what, 12 days? Totally not long.

On the bright side, Aurea will be ready near the end of NotN, so during the rest of NotN I can focus on that and not this.

From now on I'm buying RTB dragons, I'm i m p a t i e n t.

EDIT: I dressed up Regius... I LOVE HIM and I'm probably keeping him even if he dies in the coli

EDIT: nevermind he died
[center][item=haunting houndskull][/center] ... Pinkerton, I was training fodder in ghostlight ruins for water's push. DO YOU NOT THINK I ALREADY GOT THOSE? SO FINALLY AUREA IS RTB [quote] "Aurea." Paradox strode toward the fae. "If I may have a moment." She raised her head, blinking at him. It was early morning, just around the crack of dawn. Surely the skydancer did not expect her to be running errands this early? "What for?" Paradox flashed a small smile. "You will see. Follow me." Reluctantly, the fae rose to her feet and trailed behind him. ----- "This is your future mate," Paradox said, after a brief introduction. Aurea and Regius were regarding each other warily, looking very unlikely to willingly do as he instructed. Still, Paradox had seen astounding things, and wouldn't be surprised if they did the exact opposite. "I will give you time to warm up to the arrangement," the skydancer instructed, and promptly strode away, leaving the two dragons staring at each other. They would breed the first generations; they were the key to the entire project. This must not fail.[/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=361961&tab=hatchery#2][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/4/3healthy_0dead.png[/img][/url][/center] Aurea and Regius are sitting on a three-egg nest. Hopefully we get some nice upgrades.
Haunting Houndskull

... Pinkerton, I was training fodder in ghostlight ruins for water's push. DO YOU NOT THINK I ALREADY GOT THOSE?

SO FINALLY AUREA IS RTB
Quote:
"Aurea." Paradox strode toward the fae. "If I may have a moment."

She raised her head, blinking at him. It was early morning, just around the crack of dawn. Surely the skydancer did not expect her to be running errands this early?

"What for?"

Paradox flashed a small smile. "You will see. Follow me." Reluctantly, the fae rose to her feet and trailed behind him.

"This is your future mate," Paradox said, after a brief introduction. Aurea and Regius were regarding each other warily, looking very unlikely to willingly do as he instructed. Still, Paradox had seen astounding things, and wouldn't be surprised if they did the exact opposite.

"I will give you time to warm up to the arrangement," the skydancer instructed, and promptly strode away, leaving the two dragons staring at each other.

They would breed the first generations; they were the key to the entire project. This must not fail.
3healthy_0dead.png

Aurea and Regius are sitting on a three-egg nest. Hopefully we get some nice upgrades.
[center][item=tropical seaslug][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48450569] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/484506/48450569.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48450570] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/484506/48450570.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48450571] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/484506/48450571.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [quote]Aurea watched as her hatchlings crawled out of their eggs. Three sisters, each of which showed powerful potential. Paradox would be pleased, wouldn't he? [i]But I'm not doing this for him.[/i] she reminded herself. They were her children, and she would love them no matter what the skydancer would do with them. Regius followed her worried gaze toward the youngest, a beautiful skydancer like her father. "Don't worry," he murmured, voicing her thoughts. "They're our children, and..." He trailed off, knowing the inevitable. Soon Paradox would arrive to take them away, to train them in ways they both feared, and they might never see their hatchlings again. It was best to not get too attached before any of them perished in battle, in a fight to the death against their own siblings.[/quote][/columns] GUYS I'M SO HAPPY The first one (Helvetia), although she's got no upgrades, is XXY. Her tert is pretty hopeless, even with stained, though. The second and third (Amaryllis and Constantia, respectively) both have Cherub, and Constantia even got a breed upgrade! Since I don't have enough dragons to fight in the coli yet, I'm not starting the Pinkerlocke portion of this challenge yet. I'm not particularly worried about who the heir might be, at this point I wouldn't mind any of them. See you in five days! ----- EDIT: Of course I had to scry Helvetia. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=15&breed=13&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=168&tertgene=0&winggene=13&wings=146&auth=6f1721a4b00fb12ac8dc8614ef7f88b677bd540c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=19&breed=13&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=168&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=146&auth=dd6d20814b94edb6a105bd17e7dac5f44ac0b299&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Tropical Seaslug

48450569.png

48450570.png

48450571.png
Quote:
Aurea watched as her hatchlings crawled out of their eggs. Three sisters, each of which showed powerful potential. Paradox would be pleased, wouldn't he?

But I'm not doing this for him. she reminded herself. They were her children, and she would love them no matter what the skydancer would do with them.

Regius followed her worried gaze toward the youngest, a beautiful skydancer like her father. "Don't worry," he murmured, voicing her thoughts. "They're our children, and..."

He trailed off, knowing the inevitable. Soon Paradox would arrive to take them away, to train them in ways they both feared, and they might never see their hatchlings again.

It was best to not get too attached before any of them perished in battle, in a fight to the death against their own siblings.

GUYS I'M SO HAPPY

The first one (Helvetia), although she's got no upgrades, is XXY. Her tert is pretty hopeless, even with stained, though. The second and third (Amaryllis and Constantia, respectively) both have Cherub, and Constantia even got a breed upgrade!

Since I don't have enough dragons to fight in the coli yet, I'm not starting the Pinkerlocke portion of this challenge yet.

I'm not particularly worried about who the heir might be, at this point I wouldn't mind any of them.

See you in five days!

EDIT: Of course I had to scry Helvetia.

dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=15&breed=13&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=168&tertgene=0&winggene=13&wings=146&auth=6f1721a4b00fb12ac8dc8614ef7f88b677bd540c&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=19&breed=13&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=168&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=146&auth=dd6d20814b94edb6a105bd17e7dac5f44ac0b299&dummyext=prev.png
[center][item=mage's peony socks][/center] It's that time to battle to the death, my friends. Let's see how these three young dragons fare in the coli! I took them out for a few rounds in the training fields. Being the fastest, Constantia had a small advantage. Nothing exciting happened until several webwing alphas decided it was a good idea to attack the skydancer, and she keeled over from blood damage shortly after the three leveled up to level 2. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/0NZcp6c3/fr-pinkerlocke-battlescene.png[/img] The battling went on until a sweetpuff knocked out the last of Helvetia's health. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48450570] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/484506/48450570_350.png[/img] [/url] Which means that our heir is the lovely Amaryllis! She'll be RTB in 9 days. ----- [quote] Amaryllis watched her sisters fall. There was nothing she could do about it. Paradox had strictly instructed her not to do anything about her siblings in battle, and although Amaryllis didn't care what he said, she couldn't help them. They were too far away. All she could do was continue striking down the last of her enemies, before trying to help her sisters. They were still breathing. It wasn't too late. ----- Paradox did not expect Amaryllis to have won. Surely the skydancer, like himself, would have shown more power, but he did not let himself jump to conclusions... not yet. Power liked to hide in surprising places, and this was not unexpected. What did surprise him, however, was seeing the heir stagger toward him, dragging her unconcious sisters beside her. Before she could say anything more, he looked down at the dragons. "Good," Paradox said with a small nod. "They will be sacrificed later. Her mouth dropped open, but he paid her no heed. "Congratulations; you have survived."[/quote]
Mage's Peony Socks

It's that time to battle to the death, my friends. Let's see how these three young dragons fare in the coli!

I took them out for a few rounds in the training fields. Being the fastest, Constantia had a small advantage.

Nothing exciting happened until several webwing alphas decided it was a good idea to attack the skydancer, and she keeled over from blood damage shortly after the three leveled up to level 2.

fr-pinkerlocke-battlescene.png

The battling went on until a sweetpuff knocked out the last of Helvetia's health.

48450570_350.png

Which means that our heir is the lovely Amaryllis! She'll be RTB in 9 days.

Quote:
Amaryllis watched her sisters fall.

There was nothing she could do about it. Paradox had strictly instructed her not to do anything about her siblings in battle, and although Amaryllis didn't care what he said, she couldn't help them.

They were too far away. All she could do was continue striking down the last of her enemies, before trying to help her sisters.

They were still breathing.

It wasn't too late.

Paradox did not expect Amaryllis to have won. Surely the skydancer, like himself, would have shown more power, but he did not let himself jump to conclusions... not yet.

Power liked to hide in surprising places, and this was not unexpected.

What did surprise him, however, was seeing the heir stagger toward him, dragging her unconcious sisters beside her.

Before she could say anything more, he looked down at the dragons. "Good," Paradox said with a small nod. "They will be sacrificed later.

Her mouth dropped open, but he paid her no heed.

"Congratulations; you have survived."
[center][item=crystal quartz][/center] Writing daaaaaaaaaaaaay!~ [quote] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46109909] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/461100/46109909.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]"Paradox. May I have a moment?"[/columns] [columns][color=transparent]________________[/color]The skydancer turned to face her. "Yes?"[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47690587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/476906/47690587.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46109909] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/461100/46109909.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]"I was wondering..." the imperial said, "if you could... assist me. I have a--"[/columns] [columns]"First," Paradox interrupted. "Have you been working on the project I assigned you to?"[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47690587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/476906/47690587.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46109909] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/461100/46109909.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]She smiled. "Yes. The potions will require a bit more, but your plan is nearly complete, and may come alive faster than... anticipated. Actually, that is what I called you for."[/columns] [columns][color=transparent]_______________________[/color]"So what is the problem, then?"[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47690587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/476906/47690587.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46109909] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/461100/46109909.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]"It appears that the sacrifices will not be as easy as planned. Energy and magic shall be recycled to the line of heirs, as planned, but the potions require... stronger magic."[/columns] [columns]"Mine." The imperial nodded slowly as he continued. "Fine. I will help. But you know what to do, and you will do it swiftly. There is no time to waste." She nodded. "Good. Get to it."[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47690587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/476906/47690587.png[/img] [/url][/columns][/quote]
Crystal Quartz

Writing daaaaaaaaaaaaay!~
Quote:

46109909.png
"Paradox. May I have a moment?"
________________The skydancer turned to face her. "Yes?"
47690587.png

46109909.png
"I was wondering..." the imperial said, "if you could... assist me. I have a--"
"First," Paradox interrupted. "Have you been working on the project I assigned you to?"
47690587.png

46109909.png
She smiled. "Yes. The potions will require a bit more, but your plan is nearly complete, and may come alive faster than... anticipated. Actually, that is what I called you for."
_______________________"So what is the problem, then?"
47690587.png

46109909.png
"It appears that the sacrifices will not be as easy as planned. Energy and magic shall be recycled to the line of heirs, as planned, but the potions require... stronger magic."
"Mine." The imperial nodded slowly as he continued. "Fine. I will help. But you know what to do, and you will do it swiftly. There is no time to waste." She nodded.

"Good. Get to it."

47690587.png
[center][item=grey basalt][/center] I'll admit I completely forgot about this yesterday and so we shall never know what Pinkerton wanted me to do that day. [quote][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48450571][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/484506/48450571.png[/img][/url] Constantia had never exactly feared death. She wasn't afraid of what was in store, after falling on the battlefield. Paradox couldn't scare her. Neither could his alchemists or magicians, or anyone who worked with him. This, however... was much worse than death. She wasn't sure exactly what Paradox had done to her, and Helvetia, but it was not good. Something about... 'energy and magic being recycled'? That didn't sound good.[/quote] I don't know what I'm doing
Grey Basalt

I'll admit I completely forgot about this yesterday and so we shall never know what Pinkerton wanted me to do that day.
Quote:
48450571.png

Constantia had never exactly feared death.

She wasn't afraid of what was in store, after falling on the battlefield. Paradox couldn't scare her. Neither could his alchemists or magicians, or anyone who worked with him.

This, however... was much worse than death.

She wasn't sure exactly what Paradox had done to her, and Helvetia, but it was not good. Something about... 'energy and magic being recycled'?

That didn't sound good.

I don't know what I'm doing
[center][item=mobile stick][/center] 20-30 matches in the coli. I took Aurea, Regius, and Amaryllis to the training fields. Then this happened in the first battle: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/Qxm03gXY/fr-pinkerlocke-curse-you-webwings.png[/img] Curse you webwings. It turns out that Aurea is GREAT at dodging. We found that out in a battle against several webwing alphas. But, we got through it. Amaryllis is level 4, and Aurea's level 3, and Regius is exalted. Maybe our skydancer line is cursed. No lore today, I'm lazy and I have to head off in a few minutes.
Mobile Stick

20-30 matches in the coli. I took Aurea, Regius, and Amaryllis to the training fields.

Then this happened in the first battle:

fr-pinkerlocke-curse-you-webwings.png

Curse you webwings.

It turns out that Aurea is GREAT at dodging. We found that out in a battle against several webwing alphas.

But, we got through it. Amaryllis is level 4, and Aurea's level 3, and Regius is exalted.

Maybe our skydancer line is cursed.

No lore today, I'm lazy and I have to head off in a few minutes.
1 2