Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Quest to save some goshdarn money
1 2 3
[center][size=5][b][color=goldenrod]Extreme No-Spend-Tember Challenge![/center][/color][/b][/size] [center](currently a wip)[/center] [center][b]Start date: November 1, 2018[/b][/center] [center][b]End date: November 1, 2019[/b][/center] [center]Hiya! I'm Nar, and welcome to me attempting to save some goshdarn money for once! I will be undertaking an extreme no-spend-tember challenge, inspired by [user=GrinningWolf24] Grinning Wolf! I have very little money or items, and I've been wanting to gene up a few dergs of mine as well as give my dergs some apparel and skins and such and generally improve my clan as a whole, so I thought what better way to do it than torture myself for a while, right?[/center] [center]I plan on doing this for 6 months instead of a year, because I'm afraid my patience will start wearing really thin, but if I hit the 6 month mark and things are still going good, I might go the distance and finish the whole year. To keep myself from cheating or bailing, I'll be posting my progress here every Friday evening (or Saturday morning, if I don't get around to it.)[/center] [center]Here are the rules I'll be using:[/center] [center][size=5][b][color=goldenrod]Rules[/color][/b][/size] [/center][list] [*]NO spending treasure or gems (Sole Exceptions: You are allowed the use of holiday currency, or to use hoard treasure or gems for the purchase of fodder for profit or DOM.) [*]Establish a regular deposit schedule, and stick to it. I will be depositing every Friday. All applicable items will be deposited at this time. (Sole Exception: You may reserve a maximum of 10g and 15kt in my hoard for the continued purchase of fodder, or as you see fit.) [*]No taking any total out of vault, for any circumstances (Use of hoard treasure is permissable for above listed uses and circumstances.) [*]A running tally must be kept of treasure, gems, and other valuables in the vault to discourage any cheating or dishonesty [*]All perma dragons must be given unawakened familiars, and they must be bonded with on a daily basis [*]All chests gained during the year must be vaulted [/list] [center][size=5][b][color=goldenrod]Extra Challenges (Super Hardcore Mode Activated)[/color][/b][/size] [center](These are just other possible, additional challenges I will undertake.) [/center] [/center][list] [*]All 99 stacks must be placed in vault for later use (or sale) [*]All Swip/Baldwin usable items must be placed in vault for later use (or sale) [*]All Baldwin mats must be placed in vault for later use (or sale) [*]All eggs gained during the year must be vaulted [*]Any gifts/donations must be vaulted as well [*]When purchasing fodder, it must be purchased using the same currency you will gain from it. (i.e. exalting for treasure means it must be bought with treasure, sending it in to a raffle for gems means it can be bought with gems.) [/list] [center][b]Now let's have some fun suffering!!![/b][/center]
Extreme No-Spend-Tember Challenge!
(currently a wip)
Start date: November 1, 2018
End date: November 1, 2019
Hiya! I'm Nar, and welcome to me attempting to save some goshdarn money for once! I will be undertaking an extreme no-spend-tember challenge, inspired by Grinning Wolf! I have very little money or items, and I've been wanting to gene up a few dergs of mine as well as give my dergs some apparel and skins and such and generally improve my clan as a whole, so I thought what better way to do it than torture myself for a while, right?
I plan on doing this for 6 months instead of a year, because I'm afraid my patience will start wearing really thin, but if I hit the 6 month mark and things are still going good, I might go the distance and finish the whole year. To keep myself from cheating or bailing, I'll be posting my progress here every Friday evening (or Saturday morning, if I don't get around to it.)
Here are the rules I'll be using:
Rules
  • NO spending treasure or gems (Sole Exceptions: You are allowed the use of holiday currency, or to use hoard treasure or gems for the purchase of fodder for profit or DOM.)
  • Establish a regular deposit schedule, and stick to it. I will be depositing every Friday. All applicable items will be deposited at this time. (Sole Exception: You may reserve a maximum of 10g and 15kt in my hoard for the continued purchase of fodder, or as you see fit.)
  • No taking any total out of vault, for any circumstances (Use of hoard treasure is permissable for above listed uses and circumstances.)
  • A running tally must be kept of treasure, gems, and other valuables in the vault to discourage any cheating or dishonesty
  • All perma dragons must be given unawakened familiars, and they must be bonded with on a daily basis
  • All chests gained during the year must be vaulted
Extra Challenges (Super Hardcore Mode Activated)
(These are just other possible, additional challenges I will undertake.)
  • All 99 stacks must be placed in vault for later use (or sale)
  • All Swip/Baldwin usable items must be placed in vault for later use (or sale)
  • All Baldwin mats must be placed in vault for later use (or sale)
  • All eggs gained during the year must be vaulted
  • Any gifts/donations must be vaulted as well
  • When purchasing fodder, it must be purchased using the same currency you will gain from it. (i.e. exalting for treasure means it must be bought with treasure, sending it in to a raffle for gems means it can be bought with gems.)
Now let's have some fun suffering!!!
[center][b][color=goldenrod][size=5]Vault Totals[/center][/b][/color][/size] [center][b]Last updated: 1/5/19[/center][/b] [center][b]206 kt[/center][/b] [center][b]170 g[/center][/b] [center][b]Chests[/center][/b] [center][item=broken penny jar]×7 [item=leafy pack]×1 [item=rusted treasure chest]×13 [item=iron treasure chest]×9 [item=strange chest]×12[/center] [center][b]Food Stacks[/center][/b] [center](Baldwin/ Swipp collectable items)[/center] [center][item=wasteland pauper]×8 [item=white cabbage butterfly] ×6 [item=nymph]×59 [item=duskrat]×7 [item=glow mushroom]×13 [item=herdbeast hoof]×2 [item=umbral catfish]×4 [item=wisp fruit]×4 [item=miniature potash peach]×4 [item=honeycomb fragment]×1 [item=dwarf fawn]×10 [item=micro deer]×1 [item=coral grouse]×2 [item=olive sea snake]×19 [item=ivy]×1[item=scalescarab]×4 [item=toxindiver]×8 [item=cindershroom] ×12 [item=tundra cactus] ×14[/center] [center][b]Baldwin Materials[/center][/b] [center][item=green goo]×4 [item=orange goo]×1 [item=purple goo]×1 [item=green ooze]×2 [item=yellow ooze]×2 [item=orange ooze]×1 [item=blue sludge]×1 [item=yellow sludge]×1 [item=orange sludge]×2 [item=red sludge]×1 [item=purple sludge]×1 [item=grey slime]×1 [item=copper muck]×1 [item=glass beaker]×2[/center] [center][b]Apparel[/center][/b] [center](specialty or festival)[/center] [center][item=infectionist's emblem][/center] [center][b]Familiars[/center][/b] [center](Awakened or considered "special")[/center] [center][item=contaminated ambassador] [item=sakura owl] [item=luna mith][/center] [center][b]Battle Stones[/center][/b] [center][item=zephyr bolt]×3 [item=freezing slash]×1 [item=concentration]×1 [item=ward]×1 [item=berserker]×2 [item=scholar]×3 [item=discipline]×1 [item=ambush]×1 [item=enfeeble]×1 [item=sear]×1 [item=natural might fragment]×1 [item=frozen acuity fragment]×1 [item=mana bolt]×1 [item=aid]×1 [item=charged might fragment] ×1[/center] [center][b]Skins[/center][/b] [center][skin=9444] [skin=11648][/center] [center][b]Specialty[/center][/b] [center][item=secondary gene: morph][/center] [center][b]Other[/center][/b] [center]Things I collect[/center] [center][item=tarnished correspondence]×1 [item=incomprehensible paragraph]×1[/center] [center](Achievement items)[/center] [center][item=black pawn]×36 [item=white pawn]×19 [item=white knight]×4 [item=black knight]×13 [item=white bishop]×4 [item=black bishop]×1 [item=white rook]×6 [item=black rook]×11 [item=white queen]×3 [item=black queen]×3 [item=white king]×2 [item=black king]×6[/center] [center](Baldwin/Swipp collectables)[/center] [center][item=clay]×30 [item=shale]×16 [item=obsidian]×26 [item=salt]×28 [item=gravel]×13 [item=sand]×23 [item=nickel ore]×17 [item=iron ore]×28 [item=copper ore]×25 [item=squirrel skull]×27 [item=chimera fangs]×30 [item=bone fragments]×74 [item=sparrow skull]×84 [item=intact parchment]×14 [item=mangled textile]×29 [item=moth-eaten rug]×9 [item=silver ore]×4 [item=crumbling leather]×5 [item=cracked leather]×18 [item=moldy leather]×16 [item=rotting leather]×44 [item=amber-trapped fly]×26 [item=amber-trapped mosquito]×28 [item=scroll case]×10 [item=broken bottle]×9 [item=fossilized fish]×3 [item=sea scorpion fossil]×13 [item=ornate porcelain jar]×1 [item=used cartography ink]×5 [item=aquatic relic]×2 [item=aviar fragment]×2 [item=forest field guide]×3 [item=softly glowing pendant]×4 [item=white gold cerdae pendant]×3 [item=pine logs]×7 [item=driftwood log]×12 [item=bonewood branch]×7 [item=bonewood log]×3 [item=smooth pebbles]×43 [item=round pebbles]×26 [item=stone fertility statue]×23 [item=small legbones]×8 [item=fragile antler]×11 [item=hardy antler]×8 [item=glowing pocket bauble]×3 [item=firestarter]×1 [item=red linen fabric scrap]×10 [item=bronze fabric scrap]×28 [item=broken pottery piece]×4 [item=wavespun cloth]×3 [item=shimmering cloth]×4 [item=sakura moss]×5 [item=bluefin charger fin]×10 [item=clown charger fin]×3 [item=azure lure]×3 [item=dancer's bell]×8 [item=reflective fish scales]×10 [item=seeker orb]×4 [item=fuiran hide]×2 [item=nightsky fuiran hide]×3[/center]
Vault Totals
Last updated: 1/5/19

206 kt
170 g

Chests

Broken Penny Jar ×7 Leafy Pack ×1 Rusted Treasure Chest ×13 Iron Treasure Chest ×9 Strange Chest ×12
Food Stacks
(Baldwin/ Swipp collectable items)
Wasteland Pauper ×8 White Cabbage Butterfly ×6 Nymph ×59 Duskrat ×7 Glow Mushroom ×13 Herdbeast Hoof ×2 Umbral Catfish ×4 Wisp Fruit ×4 Miniature Potash Peach ×4 Honeycomb Fragment ×1 Dwarf Fawn ×10 Micro Deer ×1 Coral Grouse ×2 Olive Sea Snake ×19 Ivy ×1 Scalescarab ×4 Toxindiver ×8 Cindershroom ×12 Tundra Cactus ×14

Baldwin Materials
Green Goo ×4 Orange Goo ×1 Purple Goo ×1 Green Ooze ×2 Yellow Ooze ×2 Orange Ooze ×1 Blue Sludge ×1 Yellow Sludge ×1 Orange Sludge ×2 Red Sludge ×1 Purple Sludge ×1 Grey Slime ×1 Copper Muck ×1 Glass Beaker ×2

Apparel
(specialty or festival)
Infectionist's Emblem
Familiars
(Awakened or considered "special")
Contaminated Ambassador Sakura Owl Luna Mith
Battle Stones
Zephyr Bolt ×3 Freezing Slash ×1 Concentration ×1 Ward ×1 Berserker ×2 Scholar ×3 Discipline ×1 Ambush ×1 Enfeeble ×1 Sear ×1 Natural Might Fragment ×1 Frozen Acuity Fragment ×1 Mana Bolt ×1 Aid ×1 Charged Might Fragment ×1

Skins

Specialty

Secondary Gene: Morph
Other
Things I collect
Tarnished Correspondence ×1 Incomprehensible Paragraph ×1
(Achievement items)
Black Pawn ×36 White Pawn ×19 White Knight ×4 Black Knight ×13 White Bishop ×4 Black Bishop ×1 White Rook ×6 Black Rook ×11 White Queen ×3 Black Queen ×3 White King ×2 Black King ×6
(Baldwin/Swipp collectables)
Clay ×30 Shale ×16 Obsidian ×26 Salt ×28 Gravel ×13 Sand ×23 Nickel Ore ×17 Iron Ore ×28 Copper Ore ×25 Squirrel Skull ×27 Chimera Fangs ×30 Bone Fragments ×74 Sparrow Skull ×84 Intact Parchment ×14 Mangled Textile ×29 Moth-Eaten Rug ×9 Silver Ore ×4 Crumbling Leather ×5 Cracked Leather ×18 Moldy Leather ×16 Rotting Leather ×44 Amber-trapped Fly ×26 Amber-trapped Mosquito ×28 Scroll Case ×10 Broken Bottle ×9 Fossilized Fish ×3 Sea Scorpion Fossil ×13 Ornate Porcelain Jar ×1 Used Cartography Ink ×5 Aquatic Relic ×2 Aviar Fragment ×2 Forest Field Guide ×3 Softly Glowing Pendant ×4 White Gold Cerdae Pendant ×3 Pine Logs ×7 Driftwood Log ×12 Bonewood Branch ×7 Bonewood Log ×3 Smooth Pebbles ×43 Round Pebbles ×26 Stone Fertility Statue ×23 Small Legbones ×8 Fragile Antler ×11 Hardy Antler ×8 Glowing Pocket Bauble ×3 Firestarter ×1 Red Linen Fabric Scrap ×10 Bronze Fabric Scrap ×28 Broken Pottery Piece ×4 Wavespun Cloth ×3 Shimmering Cloth ×4 Sakura Moss ×5 Bluefin Charger Fin ×10 Clown Charger Fin ×3 Azure Lure ×3 Dancer's Bell ×8 Reflective Fish Scales ×10 Seeker Orb ×4 Fuiran Hide ×2 Nightsky Fuiran Hide ×3

Ping List

Wanna harass me to make sure I don't flake on this challenge? Ask to be added to the ping list!

Current list:

Ping List

Wanna harass me to make sure I don't flake on this challenge? Ask to be added to the ping list!

Current list:

Hahaha I'm gonna die on this challenge but it'll be worth it eventually-- but I think I'm good for all the posts I'll need for now.
Now all I have to do is wait until November 1. Wish me luck!
Hahaha I'm gonna die on this challenge but it'll be worth it eventually-- but I think I'm good for all the posts I'll need for now.
Now all I have to do is wait until November 1. Wish me luck!
@Nargeorgicorn Looking good! Please slap me on the pinglist so I can help fling some more encouragement your way~ ^^
@Nargeorgicorn Looking good! Please slap me on the pinglist so I can help fling some more encouragement your way~ ^^
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
@GrinningWolf24 thanks! Slapping on the ping list now--
@GrinningWolf24 thanks! Slapping on the ping list now--
@Farwalker Thanks! Lemme add you to the ping list now!
And random off topic thing, love your username! It sounds so cool :D
@Farwalker Thanks! Lemme add you to the ping list now!
And random off topic thing, love your username! It sounds so cool :D
could i also get added to the pinglist? c:
could i also get added to the pinglist? c:
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium Sure thing!
@cordifolium Sure thing!
Friday Update!

Holy frick I'm actually starting this... Anyways, hiya! November 1st has come and gone, and I'm now starting this crazy challenge! I still need to update a bunch of things on the front page, so that'll be a pain, but I'm excited to finally start this thing! I've put pretty much everything in my vault except 10,000kt and 10 gems for fodder purchase, as well as a few familiars and apparel items that don't really matter.
My goal for this week is to get into the habit of coli grinding more so I can exalt some dragons and rake in that sweet sweet cash. I'd also like to make myself a template to use to make bio entries and backstories for all of my permas, but I might leave that one for Thanksgiving break when school's not killing me lol. Anyways, I guess have a great day, and wish me luck in this insane quest!
Friday Update!

Holy frick I'm actually starting this... Anyways, hiya! November 1st has come and gone, and I'm now starting this crazy challenge! I still need to update a bunch of things on the front page, so that'll be a pain, but I'm excited to finally start this thing! I've put pretty much everything in my vault except 10,000kt and 10 gems for fodder purchase, as well as a few familiars and apparel items that don't really matter.
My goal for this week is to get into the habit of coli grinding more so I can exalt some dragons and rake in that sweet sweet cash. I'd also like to make myself a template to use to make bio entries and backstories for all of my permas, but I might leave that one for Thanksgiving break when school's not killing me lol. Anyways, I guess have a great day, and wish me luck in this insane quest!
1 2 3