Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Wyrmwounded!: A casual Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 322 323
[size=1]@Tynethyne @Dragonfruiteen @softbun @Jaspernoir @AlterMoon @donuts3132 @Birdleap18 @EchoDance @Stri @Mythkat[/size] [center][b][u]Day 112:[/u][/b] [item=Black and White Flair Scarf] [b]Black and White Flair Scarf[/b][/center] Yep, you guessed it: all my nests are full again, so that means means Xenea's getting his tert gene! Which by the power of RNG is... Ringlets: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48084557] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497321931205509122/537273856348651541/48084557_350.png[/img] [/url] He's ended up not being bad-looking, overall. Probably not how I would've gened him on my own, but that's sort of the point, right? And Thorbjorn gets to wear the scarf: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47244179] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497321931205509122/537274893574864896/47244179_350.png[/img] [/url] Huh, he's kinda turned into a Dark and Edgy version of his dad. [s]And now that I've said that, watch his next piece of apparel be something super bright and cheerful. :P[/s]
@Tynethyne @Dragonfruiteen @softbun @Jaspernoir @AlterMoon @donuts3132 @Birdleap18 @EchoDance @Stri @Mythkat
Day 112:

Black and White Flair Scarf
Black and White Flair Scarf

Yep, you guessed it: all my nests are full again, so that means means Xenea's getting his tert gene! Which by the power of RNG is... Ringlets:

48084557_350.png

He's ended up not being bad-looking, overall. Probably not how I would've gened him on my own, but that's sort of the point, right?

And Thorbjorn gets to wear the scarf:

47244179_350.png

Huh, he's kinda turned into a Dark and Edgy version of his dad. And now that I've said that, watch his next piece of apparel be something super bright and cheerful. :P
Please copy-paste my username (@LingwysticMistic) if you ping me!
( No need to ping in Forum Games )
[quote]he's kinda turned into a Dark and Edgy version of his dad.[/quote] Yanno, if he rolls a 1 and I end up taking him, he's gonna get one of these. [item=astonishing sweater] Also Xenea looks oddly cute with Ringlets. Also he needs a cowboy hat, and more pants. ALL THE PANTS.
Quote:
he's kinda turned into a Dark and Edgy version of his dad.

Yanno, if he rolls a 1 and I end up taking him, he's gonna get one of these.

Astonishing Sweater

Also Xenea looks oddly cute with Ringlets. Also he needs a cowboy hat, and more pants. ALL THE PANTS.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2019-01-22 06:37:10" ] [quote]he's kinda turned into a Dark and Edgy version of his dad.[/quote] Yanno, if he rolls a 1 and I end up taking him, he's gonna get one of these. [item=astonishing sweater] [/quote] *DEAD* It's almost like your aesthetic is dragons in shame sweaters or something. :P
JonSnOwO wrote on 2019-01-22 06:37:10:
Quote:
he's kinda turned into a Dark and Edgy version of his dad.

Yanno, if he rolls a 1 and I end up taking him, he's gonna get one of these.

Astonishing Sweater

*DEAD* It's almost like your aesthetic is dragons in shame sweaters or something. :P
[size=1]@Tynethyne @Dragonfruiteen @softbun @Jaspernoir @AlterMoon @donuts3132 @Birdleap18 @EchoDance @Stri @Mythkat[/size] [center][b][u]Day 113:[/u][/b] [item=Strangling Root] [b]Strangling Root[/b][/center] This rain had been pouring down on them incessantly for what seemed like years, although Xenea knew it had only been a few days. They'd taken shelter under an outcropping of rock when it had started, but the space wasn't quite big enough to accommodate all of them, so they'd ended up soaking regardless. Ion sighed and shifted. "If you ask me, it's a little unfair that I have to act as the windbreak," she said. "Just because I'm the biggest..." "But you're so warm and comfy!" Thorbjorn said, snuggling closer to her side. "I haven't slept this well in weeks." "Glad to know [i]someone's[/i] enjoying themselves," Ion sniffed. She didn't push the Spiral away, though. Xenea glanced over at Parchment. The new leader of their small clan was absently stroking Shiva's head where it rested in her lap, though she was looking out at the rain instead of at the young Skydancer. After a moment, Parchment noticed Xenea watching her, and nodded to him. Xenea nodded back, unsure if he should say anything. Everything that came to mind seemed either too trite or too serious. Parchment filled the silence herself before he could make up his mind, though. "It's okay," she said softly. "I want to strangle whoever's causing this rain, too." The unexpected statement, said so matter-of-factly, made Xenea let out a snort of laughter. Parchment grinned back, eyes dancing, and for a short while, their small shelter was a little warmer.
@Tynethyne @Dragonfruiteen @softbun @Jaspernoir @AlterMoon @donuts3132 @Birdleap18 @EchoDance @Stri @Mythkat
Day 113:

Strangling Root
Strangling Root

This rain had been pouring down on them incessantly for what seemed like years, although Xenea knew it had only been a few days. They'd taken shelter under an outcropping of rock when it had started, but the space wasn't quite big enough to accommodate all of them, so they'd ended up soaking regardless.

Ion sighed and shifted. "If you ask me, it's a little unfair that I have to act as the windbreak," she said. "Just because I'm the biggest..."

"But you're so warm and comfy!" Thorbjorn said, snuggling closer to her side. "I haven't slept this well in weeks."

"Glad to know someone's enjoying themselves," Ion sniffed. She didn't push the Spiral away, though.

Xenea glanced over at Parchment. The new leader of their small clan was absently stroking Shiva's head where it rested in her lap, though she was looking out at the rain instead of at the young Skydancer.

After a moment, Parchment noticed Xenea watching her, and nodded to him. Xenea nodded back, unsure if he should say anything. Everything that came to mind seemed either too trite or too serious.

Parchment filled the silence herself before he could make up his mind, though.

"It's okay," she said softly. "I want to strangle whoever's causing this rain, too."

The unexpected statement, said so matter-of-factly, made Xenea let out a snort of laughter. Parchment grinned back, eyes dancing, and for a short while, their small shelter was a little warmer.
...Pinkerton gave me the same item today..
SVt2S0L.png
[quote name="@Mythkat" date="2019-01-23 11:22:43" ] ...Pinkerton gave me the same item today.. [/quote] Wow, that's weird. o.O
@Mythkat wrote on 2019-01-23 11:22:43:

Wow, that's weird. o.O
Yes Parchment, comfort your son.
Yes Parchment, comfort your son.
[size=1]@Tynethyne @Dragonfruiteen @softbun @Jaspernoir @AlterMoon @donuts3132 @Birdleap18 @EchoDance @Stri @Mythkat[/size] [center][b][u]Day 114:[/u][/b] [item=Vial of River Muck] [b]Vial of River Muck[/b][/center] "Is it safe to drink?" Ion asked, looking askance at the cup. Thorbjorn shrugged. "Well, there's one way to find out for sure." "What's that?" "If you drink it and you don't die, it's safe." "Ha ha ha." Ion sniffed at the water, wrinkling her nose at the scent. "We must be getting closer to the Wyrmwound. This smells like..." "Yeah, it does," Thorbjorn said, making a face. "At least there's nothing visibly swimming around in there, right? ...Although maybe that just means everything that used to live in it is already dead." Ion huffed. "Thanks, Thorbjorn. That's super helpful." Thorbjorn grinned. "It's what I'm best at." Ion eyed the water again, and then shrugged. "Well, here goes nothing." Holding her nose with one claw, she drained the contents of the cup in one go, contemplatively swishing the liquid around in her mouth for a few moments before swallowing. "Well?" Thorbjorn said, watching her carefully for any signs of distress. "What's the verdict?" "It's passable," Ion said. "Probably won't win any awards in the flavor department, but it tastes better than it smells, and I don't think it'll kill anyone, either." "Good enough for me," Thorbjorn said, lifting the empty waterskins out of their carrying basket on Ion's flank. "Let's fill these up and get back to the others. I'm sure they're starting to miss me already." Ion rolled her eyes. "Gods forbid they go five minutes without your presence." "Hey, it's not my fault I'm handsome. And charming. And helpful." "Hi handsome and charming and helpful," Ion said, "I'm gonna abandon you in the wilderness if you don't quit." Still bickering cheerfully, the two dragons filled the waterskins and began the journey back to camp.
Day 114:

Vial of River Muck
Vial of River Muck

"Is it safe to drink?" Ion asked, looking askance at the cup.

Thorbjorn shrugged. "Well, there's one way to find out for sure."

"What's that?"

"If you drink it and you don't die, it's safe."

"Ha ha ha." Ion sniffed at the water, wrinkling her nose at the scent. "We must be getting closer to the Wyrmwound. This smells like..."

"Yeah, it does," Thorbjorn said, making a face. "At least there's nothing visibly swimming around in there, right? ...Although maybe that just means everything that used to live in it is already dead."

Ion huffed. "Thanks, Thorbjorn. That's super helpful."

Thorbjorn grinned. "It's what I'm best at."

Ion eyed the water again, and then shrugged. "Well, here goes nothing." Holding her nose with one claw, she drained the contents of the cup in one go, contemplatively swishing the liquid around in her mouth for a few moments before swallowing.

"Well?" Thorbjorn said, watching her carefully for any signs of distress. "What's the verdict?"

"It's passable," Ion said. "Probably won't win any awards in the flavor department, but it tastes better than it smells, and I don't think it'll kill anyone, either."

"Good enough for me," Thorbjorn said, lifting the empty waterskins out of their carrying basket on Ion's flank. "Let's fill these up and get back to the others. I'm sure they're starting to miss me already."

Ion rolled her eyes. "Gods forbid they go five minutes without your presence."

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm handsome. And charming. And helpful."

"Hi handsome and charming and helpful," Ion said, "I'm gonna abandon you in the wilderness if you don't quit."

Still bickering cheerfully, the two dragons filled the waterskins and began the journey back to camp.
why do I feel personally attacked by this post
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2019-01-24 10:27:43" ] why do I feel personally attacked by this post [/quote] *innocent whistle*
JonSnOwO wrote on 2019-01-24 10:27:43:

*innocent whistle*
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 322 323