Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Loregacy Of War Challenge- Free Dergs!
1 2 3 4 5 6
@RadientAngel
...oops I was wrong, it's Orange XD. Very close.
Anyway thank you for taking care of her!
@RadientAngel
...oops I was wrong, it's Orange XD. Very close.
Anyway thank you for taking care of her!
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
@Dragonfruiteen Of course! She has a special place in my heart :)
@Dragonfruiteen Of course! She has a special place in my heart :)
Would you mind adding me to the ping list? This is a really great story so far!
Would you mind adding me to the ping list? This is a really great story so far!
@Nargeorgicorn
Added and thank you!
@Nargeorgicorn
Added and thank you!
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ux2ZS18.png[/img] Krya hadn't been particularly enthusiastic about her son's choice of mate, while Jun adored her, mostly for the same reasons. Firstly, she wasn't a Ridgeback. Second, she wasn't Clanborn. Third, she was, while certainly not gentle, much nicer than the majority of her clanmates. However she was strong, the most important trait looked for in a mate, and she was intelligent, also important. Now she coiled possessively around her clutch of four. Jotun perched on a rocky outcrop just above her. Jun was excited to see the eggs that held his grandbabies, however he was clearly upset about something. Jotun finally asked what the matter was. Jun touched his necklace, a slender woven cord threaded with three thin scales. “Only one will survive. It's not right.” Kuri snorted. “Not right? It's all we have, our only way to ensure our survival. The strongest survive and pass on their strength, the weak fade from life and memory.” She caressed one egg's shell with her claw. “Part of me is saddened that most of my offspring will never see adulthood. But that is a weakness, and weakness is poison.” Jotun fluttered down next to Jun. The son overshadowed the father in height and build. Already dozens of scars graced his hide, and his eyes held a dangerous light that was unusual, to say the least, in a diminutive Fae dragon. He smiled strangely, as though he had a secret. “Besides, if every hatchling was allowed to grow and breed, soon we would run out of room and food, and then we would need either to make war on other clans, or chase the young dragons away as the Serthis do. This is better. The question of survival is settled quickly, and then the child can have the full protection and guidance of both parents without competing for attention.” He turned abruptly away and fell to studying the eggs, although there was as yet no discernable difference in size and health. Soon that would change. The healthiest, strongest eggs would grow a little and float higher in the lava that kept them warm, while weak or sick eggs would have thin shells and fall down beneath the surface of the liquid rock. Jun silently wondered at how swiftly Jotun had matured. When he had been the same age he still shared a den with his family and his thoughts were of fun and friends, not clan morals and raising hatchlings. Jun was still young himself, yet here were two not even a year old sharing a nest. It felt almost wrong, this headlong rush through life. He had spent some time observing the dragons of the clan, and they lived for the moment. Fights were frequent, politics held little sway. Matings were arranged between adolescents who barely knew each other by parents eager to advance their bloodline. Selfishness and pride ran strong in each member of the clan, and their morals were that of might makes right. They could hold a grudge for years, if they survived that long. And yet… they were not entirely without love and compassion. When the survivor of a nest was determined, the parents gave it all their time and affection. Jun had seen it with Krya. So aloof and distant as their progeny slaughtered each other, he knew that if something were to happen to Jotun now she would grieve like any mother of any clan might. Her sorrow would rival that he had felt for little Amaranth. And when two dragons came together as mates for their own love and not simply to strengthen the clan, the bonded pair seemed almost like one being. They lived and fought for each other, not themselves. Furthermore, pets and familars, while rare, were clearly cherished and protected. Jun sighed. As he began to understand the underlying emotions of the clan as a whole, he slowly grew more comfortable. While still technically a prisoner, he was allowed free run of the place. Most clan members ignored him, knowing of the bet. Furthermore, Krya was greatly respected, and while she tended to ignore him now, he knew that if someone were to insult her by attacking him, the offender would not escape unscathed. His Arcane curiosity was sparking now, excited by the barbaric lifestyle and ideals he was now surrounded by, and he knew that he couldn't leave, even if he won the bet, until he had answered every last question he had about this unusual clan. ___________________________________________________________________ Sorry if it got a bit rambly near the end, I'm trying to kinda elaborate on the how the clan as a whole works? Also any name suggestions for the clan and hatchlings are appreciated! Dester is still available for adoption. Krya has been adopted by my sister, so she is no longer in my lair, but for story purposes nothing has changed. Pinglist: @Millapede85 @RadientAngel @Everburn @Nargeorgicorn
Ux2ZS18.png

Krya hadn't been particularly enthusiastic about her son's choice of mate, while Jun adored her, mostly for the same reasons. Firstly, she wasn't a Ridgeback. Second, she wasn't Clanborn. Third, she was, while certainly not gentle, much nicer than the majority of her clanmates. However she was strong, the most important trait looked for in a mate, and she was intelligent, also important.
Now she coiled possessively around her clutch of four. Jotun perched on a rocky outcrop just above her. Jun was excited to see the eggs that held his grandbabies, however he was clearly upset about something. Jotun finally asked what the matter was.
Jun touched his necklace, a slender woven cord threaded with three thin scales. “Only one will survive. It's not right.”
Kuri snorted. “Not right? It's all we have, our only way to ensure our survival. The strongest survive and pass on their strength, the weak fade from life and memory.”
She caressed one egg's shell with her claw.
“Part of me is saddened that most of my offspring will never see adulthood. But that is a weakness, and weakness is poison.”
Jotun fluttered down next to Jun. The son overshadowed the father in height and build. Already dozens of scars graced his hide, and his eyes held a dangerous light that was unusual, to say the least, in a diminutive Fae dragon.
He smiled strangely, as though he had a secret.
“Besides, if every hatchling was allowed to grow and breed, soon we would run out of room and food, and then we would need either to make war on other clans, or chase the young dragons away as the Serthis do. This is better. The question of survival is settled quickly, and then the child can have the full protection and guidance of both parents without competing for attention.”
He turned abruptly away and fell to studying the eggs, although there was as yet no discernable difference in size and health. Soon that would change. The healthiest, strongest eggs would grow a little and float higher in the lava that kept them warm, while weak or sick eggs would have thin shells and fall down beneath the surface of the liquid rock.
Jun silently wondered at how swiftly Jotun had matured. When he had been the same age he still shared a den with his family and his thoughts were of fun and friends, not clan morals and raising hatchlings. Jun was still young himself, yet here were two not even a year old sharing a nest. It felt almost wrong, this headlong rush through life. He had spent some time observing the dragons of the clan, and they lived for the moment. Fights were frequent, politics held little sway. Matings were arranged between adolescents who barely knew each other by parents eager to advance their bloodline. Selfishness and pride ran strong in each member of the clan, and their morals were that of might makes right. They could hold a grudge for years, if they survived that long.
And yet… they were not entirely without love and compassion. When the survivor of a nest was determined, the parents gave it all their time and affection. Jun had seen it with Krya. So aloof and distant as their progeny slaughtered each other, he knew that if something were to happen to Jotun now she would grieve like any mother of any clan might. Her sorrow would rival that he had felt for little Amaranth.
And when two dragons came together as mates for their own love and not simply to strengthen the clan, the bonded pair seemed almost like one being. They lived and fought for each other, not themselves. Furthermore, pets and familars, while rare, were clearly cherished and protected.
Jun sighed. As he began to understand the underlying emotions of the clan as a whole, he slowly grew more comfortable. While still technically a prisoner, he was allowed free run of the place. Most clan members ignored him, knowing of the bet. Furthermore, Krya was greatly respected, and while she tended to ignore him now, he knew that if someone were to insult her by attacking him, the offender would not escape unscathed.
His Arcane curiosity was sparking now, excited by the barbaric lifestyle and ideals he was now surrounded by, and he knew that he couldn't leave, even if he won the bet, until he had answered every last question he had about this unusual clan.

Sorry if it got a bit rambly near the end, I'm trying to kinda elaborate on the how the clan as a whole works? Also any name suggestions for the clan and hatchlings are appreciated!

Dester is still available for adoption.

Krya has been adopted by my sister, so she is no longer in my lair, but for story purposes nothing has changed.

Pinglist:

@Millapede85 @RadientAngel @Everburn @Nargeorgicorn
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ig6UsPD.png[/img] The first egg choose to hatch in the middle of the night. Jotun awoke with a start as he heard a sharp crack. Kuri was already lifting a Fae girl out from the nest. Jotun hopped over and looked at her. She was beautifully dark, with brilliant fiery eyes that seemed to snap and crackle. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46101846] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461019/46101846_350.png[/img] [/url] She lunged at Kuri's ear and tried to chew on it. Jotun couldn't help but smile. “She's fiesty.” Kuri set the female down, a blank expression on her face. “Yes, but she is small. Smaller, I think, than is normal for a Fae hatchling?” Jotun shrugged. “Perhaps. I remember little of my hatching and siblings.” The female hatchling hooked her claws over the rim of the nest and perched on the brim. She chirped at the eggs. Two chirped back, stone flaking off the shell. In a moment they cracked and liquid fire spurted out of the cracks like a geyser, effectively pulverizing the shell. From each crawled a curious Spiral. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46101847] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461019/46101847_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46101848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461019/46101848_350.png[/img] [/url] Jotun picked up the first. “Male.” He said. Kuri suppressed a snort as the other started chewing on her hand. “Why are they all trying to eat me? This one's male as well.” The Spirals wriggled out of their parents’ grips and wound around their sister, who flared her wings and launched herself at them with a spirit that defied her small size. The three began wrestling playfully, friends already. The final egg seemed eager to hatch and join its siblings. It rocked crazily back and forth for several minutes before finally cracking almost in half. Another Fae crawled out and blinked curiously at the two adults watching her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46101849] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461019/46101849_350.png[/img] [/url] She chirped happily when Jotun picked her up. She watched her siblings wrestle seemingly without any desire to join them. When Jotun set her down she squealed indignantly and wobbled over to the writhing ball that was her brothers and sister. The three stopped and looked at her curiously. Then one of the males wrapped around her and she giggled. Her brother seemed surprised at the sound and looked at her in amazement. The other two decided to ignore them and resume their sparring. Jotun and Kuri discussed the hatchling as they looked over their brood with a critical eye. Kuri favored the darker Spiral. “See how he knows already to kick at her underbelly? He's a fighter, through and through.” Jotun nodded thoughtfully. “Although the Fae is small, she has spirit. And she's very good at getting out of his grip. See!” As he spoke she squirmed free of her brother's coils and bit him on the nose. He squalled in surprise and both froze as a drop of blood welled up. The other two smelled it and crawled over. The youngest draped her wings over him and crooned soothingly as the other brother gingerly touched the injured nose. The oldest seemed apogetic, but her eyes flashed with victory and she couldn't hide her proud swagger. Kuri wrinkled her nose. “Are all hatchlings this soft? You said that you were fighting your brother the moment you both emerged. These four only wrestled, and not much at that!” Jotun frowned. “I don't know. Perhaps it's to be expected. Well, it will be trained out of them.” Kuri bit her lip. Jotun knew her well enough by this time to see she was worried. He waited. She could never keep something to herself for long. “What if they don't fight? If they refuse? I know it's happened before, although not for a while.” Jotun paused. The thought hadn't occurred to him. He shrugged it off. “It won't get to that, don't worry. They'll fight.” ___________________________________________________________ No gene upgrades, but half the nest got a breed upgrade! What a gorgeous clutch. Dester will be exalted tomorrow if no one wants him. Pinglist: @Millapede85 @RadientAngel @Everburn @Nargeorgicorn
ig6UsPD.png
The first egg choose to hatch in the middle of the night.
Jotun awoke with a start as he heard a sharp crack. Kuri was already lifting a Fae girl out from the nest. Jotun hopped over and looked at her. She was beautifully dark, with brilliant fiery eyes that seemed to snap and crackle.

46101846_350.png

She lunged at Kuri's ear and tried to chew on it. Jotun couldn't help but smile.
“She's fiesty.”
Kuri set the female down, a blank expression on her face. “Yes, but she is small. Smaller, I think, than is normal for a Fae hatchling?”
Jotun shrugged.
“Perhaps. I remember little of my hatching and siblings.”
The female hatchling hooked her claws over the rim of the nest and perched on the brim. She chirped at the eggs. Two chirped back, stone flaking off the shell. In a moment they cracked and liquid fire spurted out of the cracks like a geyser, effectively pulverizing the shell. From each crawled a curious Spiral.

46101847_350.png

46101848_350.png

Jotun picked up the first.
“Male.” He said.
Kuri suppressed a snort as the other started chewing on her hand.
“Why are they all trying to eat me? This one's male as well.”
The Spirals wriggled out of their parents’ grips and wound around their sister,
who flared her wings and launched herself at them with a spirit that defied her small size. The three began wrestling playfully, friends already.
The final egg seemed eager to hatch and join its siblings. It rocked crazily back and forth for several minutes before finally cracking almost in half. Another Fae crawled out and blinked curiously at the two adults watching her.

46101849_350.png

She chirped happily when Jotun picked her up. She watched her siblings wrestle seemingly without any desire to join them. When Jotun set her down she squealed indignantly and wobbled over to the writhing ball that was her brothers and sister. The three stopped and looked at her curiously. Then one of the males wrapped around her and she giggled. Her brother seemed surprised at the sound and looked at her in amazement. The other two decided to ignore them and resume their sparring.
Jotun and Kuri discussed the hatchling as they looked over their brood with a critical eye. Kuri favored the darker Spiral.
“See how he knows already to kick at her underbelly? He's a fighter, through and through.”
Jotun nodded thoughtfully.
“Although the Fae is small, she has spirit. And she's very good at getting out of his grip. See!”
As he spoke she squirmed free of her brother's coils and bit him on the nose. He squalled in surprise and both froze as a drop of blood welled up. The other two smelled it and crawled over. The youngest draped her wings over him and crooned soothingly as the other brother gingerly touched the injured nose. The oldest seemed apogetic, but her eyes flashed with victory and she couldn't hide her proud swagger.
Kuri wrinkled her nose.
“Are all hatchlings this soft? You said that you were fighting your brother the moment you both emerged. These four only wrestled, and not much at that!”
Jotun frowned.
“I don't know. Perhaps it's to be expected. Well, it will be trained out of them.”
Kuri bit her lip. Jotun knew her well enough by this time to see she was worried. He waited. She could never keep something to herself for long.
“What if they don't fight? If they refuse? I know it's happened before, although not for a while.”
Jotun paused. The thought hadn't occurred to him. He shrugged it off.
“It won't get to that, don't worry. They'll fight.”

No gene upgrades, but half the nest got a breed upgrade! What a gorgeous clutch.

Dester will be exalted tomorrow if no one wants him.

Pinglist:

@Millapede85 @RadientAngel @Everburn @Nargeorgicorn
@Dragonfruiteen [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461019/46101848_350.png[/img] YOU. You are gorgeous. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=7&bodygene=3&breed=7&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=121&tertgene=8&winggene=6&wings=118&auth=e07b96f7cbdf2702dd2b77db29207708a3d4539b&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@Dragonfruiteen

46101848_350.png

YOU.

You are gorgeous.

dragon?age=1&body=7&bodygene=3&breed=7&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=121&tertgene=8&winggene=6&wings=118&auth=e07b96f7cbdf2702dd2b77db29207708a3d4539b&dummyext=prev.png
@RadientAngel
Yesssss he's my favorite shhhh.
I hope he wins. I know that using Defend is technically allowed, but I really want to give them all a chance for the principal of the thing
@RadientAngel
Yesssss he's my favorite shhhh.
I hope he wins. I know that using Defend is technically allowed, but I really want to give them all a chance for the principal of the thing
@Dragonfruiteen Defend?
@Dragonfruiteen Defend?
@RadientAngel
Instead of attacking, fleeing, or using an item, a dragon can defend, and then they take less damage until their next turn.
@RadientAngel
Instead of attacking, fleeing, or using an item, a dragon can defend, and then they take less damage until their next turn.
1 2 3 4 5 6