Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Cryptid Concoctions-Closed
1 2 3 4 5
Ack!!! I knew I forgot to do something yesterday! I'll make a concoction for yesterday and today's prompt when I can!
Ack!!! I knew I forgot to do something yesterday! I'll make a concoction for yesterday and today's prompt when I can!
AQqNlME.png
What does the kraken like? The taste of fish and blood. And when those things come together, you know what you want to do... [center][item=Bloodred Kelpie Mane][/center] Ingredients: [item=Swamphaunt Kelpie] [item=Blood Spath] [item=Redblood Sapper] [item=Analogous Pigment Blend] [item=Floating Maiden] [item=Amber Algae] [LIST=1][*] Do NOT, under any circumstance, attempt to cut a Swamphaunt Kelpie's mane; only terrible things have befallen to those who have tried. Instead, wait for the kelpie to naturally shed in between seasons, and collect the shed. [*] Store the mane in a box with Blood Spath. Leave to rest for at least one week. [*] Once the mane has acquired the smell of the Blood Spath (careful if your nose is delicate), carefully drop the Analogous Pigment Blend on the Redblood Sapper so that it takes a red tint. [*] Pour the red pigment blend on the mane. Leave to rest until red and dry for at least three days before proceeding to the next phase. [*] Imbue the mane with Floating Maiden water. It is crucial that this be done at least three days after the first phase, else there is a risk that the mane may lose the reddish tint. [*] Weave Amber Algae fragments into the edges of the mane. Done![/LIST]
What does the kraken like? The taste of fish and blood.

And when those things come together, you know what you want to do...
Bloodred Kelpie Mane

Ingredients:

Swamphaunt Kelpie Blood Spath Redblood Sapper Analogous Pigment Blend Floating Maiden Amber Algae
  1. Do NOT, under any circumstance, attempt to cut a Swamphaunt Kelpie's mane; only terrible things have befallen to those who have tried. Instead, wait for the kelpie to naturally shed in between seasons, and collect the shed.
  2. Store the mane in a box with Blood Spath. Leave to rest for at least one week.
  3. Once the mane has acquired the smell of the Blood Spath (careful if your nose is delicate), carefully drop the Analogous Pigment Blend on the Redblood Sapper so that it takes a red tint.
  4. Pour the red pigment blend on the mane. Leave to rest until red and dry for at least three days before proceeding to the next phase.
  5. Imbue the mane with Floating Maiden water. It is crucial that this be done at least three days after the first phase, else there is a risk that the mane may lose the reddish tint.
  6. Weave Amber Algae fragments into the edges of the mane. Done!
Didn't have a chance to post yesterday, and almost thought I wouldn't be able to today...but I managed! So here's two entries, one for yesterday's Mithman, and one for today's Kraken! :D [b]@Ladyrenee[/b] [b]Username: [/b] Illyrael [b]Cryptid to Capture: [/b] Mithman [b] Concoction to Create: [/b] THE SUPER TRAP. You're not creating a potion this time...you're [i]capturing[/i], and a prescient creature at that! [b] Ingredients required [/b] [item=glowing globe] As many as you can collect. [item=magic mirror] Several. [item=sticky pollen][item=mimic powder][item=black-wing hummingbird][item=enchanted armaments] INSTRUCTIONS and NOTES: To capture a creature that already knows what you've planned to do, you have to take yourself out of the equation as much as possible! Rely on enchanted inanimate objects, and let the Mithman trap himself. Step 1: Find an appropriate clearing and place all the glowing globes around it. Step 2: Coat the magic mirrors in the sticky pollen and mimic powder. Place in the clearing facing each other. Step 3: Release the black-wing hummingbirds in the clearing. Step 4: Place the Enchanted Armaments near the Magic Mirrors. Step 5: Leave the area. Observe from a safe distance. Perhaps with binoculars. NOTES: Moths are attracted to light. Presumably Miths are too. Mithman ought to be no exception. Barring that, perhaps his curiosity will be piqued to see so many glowing globes in one space. Once he decides to investigate, enchanted mirrors and armaments that are not entirely sentient are the perfect capturing tool for a creature that, by its very nature, will be a few steps ahead of you. As the Mithman is part Mith, he will also, logically, be temped to collect the pollen that the mirrors are coated in. The mirrors are placed facing each other, so whichever way the Mithman turns, he will be looking into a mirror. The pollen, mixed with the mimic powder, will cause confusion. Mithman will be entranced by his magical reflection and therefore not paying attention to his surroundings. The black-wing hummingbirds will compound this effect by acting as 'white noise', distracting the Mithman from thinking about what's happening. Then, once the Mithman is well and truly distracted, the enchanted armaments will knock the Mithman unconscious. At this point, you may proceed into the clearing to capture the Mithman and learn his secrets. [b]Username: [/b] Illyrael [b]Cryptid to Capture: [/b] The Kraken [b] Concoction to Create: [/b] Sheer Dumb Luck. aka You want to hunt a Kraken? Are you out of your mind??? [u]So You Want to Hunt a Kraken[/u] Step 1: Don't. Step 2: If threats of sinking to the abyss and/or dying a horrible death at the whim of a colossal sea monster do not faze you, then by all means, read on. Step 3: Gather the following: [b] Ingredients required [/b] [item=nudibranch] As many as you can. Then some more. And then more after that. [item=blue dragon reef snail] Same amount as the nudibranches. [item=dwarf mushroom] Same. [item=fishing net] You are hunting an eldritch nightmare of the aquatic abyss. How many do [i]you[/i] think you'll need? [item=deeprealm hunter][item=spiney whale][item=blackline bicorn whale] [item=maren ambusher][item=maren spearman][item=maren shark hunter][item=maren warlock] INSTRUCTIONS and NOTES: Step 4: Gather a maren and aquatic army of ambushers, hunters, spearmen and warlocks brave (or foolish?) enough to join you. And some deeprealm hunters. You'll need all the help you can get. Step 5: Supply each and every member of your army with an overwhelming amount of nudibranch shells for luck. Step 6: Create Sheer Dumb Luck: reduce the blue dragon reef snail venom with the dwarf mushrooms to form a thick paste. Step 7: Coat the army's weaponry with Sheer Dumb Luck. Step 8: Create as large a net as possible. Step 9: Pray you don't actually run into the Kraken and everyone can go home safe. Step 10: If step 9 is unsuccessful, fight and hope you live to tell the tale. NOTES: Why are you doing this? WHY? Your goal here is survival. You are relying on numbers, luck and a hellish mixture on your army's weaponry that will hopefully poison the Kraken, and with sheer dumb luck (if the nudibranch shells do their work and the potion is successful) cause it to shrink to a manageable size. But really, having read all this, don't you want to go capture a Mithman instead?
Didn't have a chance to post yesterday, and almost thought I wouldn't be able to today...but I managed! So here's two entries, one for yesterday's Mithman, and one for today's Kraken! :D

@Ladyrenee

Username: Illyrael

Cryptid to Capture: Mithman

Concoction to Create:

THE SUPER TRAP. You're not creating a potion this time...you're capturing, and a prescient creature at that!

Ingredients required
Glowing Globe
As many as you can collect.
Magic Mirror
Several.

Sticky Pollen Mimic Powder Black-wing Hummingbird Enchanted Armaments

INSTRUCTIONS and NOTES:

To capture a creature that already knows what you've planned to do, you have to take yourself out of the equation as much as possible! Rely on enchanted inanimate objects, and let the Mithman trap himself.

Step 1: Find an appropriate clearing and place all the glowing globes around it.
Step 2: Coat the magic mirrors in the sticky pollen and mimic powder. Place in the clearing facing each other.
Step 3: Release the black-wing hummingbirds in the clearing.
Step 4: Place the Enchanted Armaments near the Magic Mirrors.
Step 5: Leave the area. Observe from a safe distance. Perhaps with binoculars.

NOTES:
Moths are attracted to light. Presumably Miths are too. Mithman ought to be no exception. Barring that, perhaps his curiosity will be piqued to see so many glowing globes in one space. Once he decides to investigate, enchanted mirrors and armaments that are not entirely sentient are the perfect capturing tool for a creature that, by its very nature, will be a few steps ahead of you.

As the Mithman is part Mith, he will also, logically, be temped to collect the pollen that the mirrors are coated in. The mirrors are placed facing each other, so whichever way the Mithman turns, he will be looking into a mirror. The pollen, mixed with the mimic powder, will cause confusion. Mithman will be entranced by his magical reflection and therefore not paying attention to his surroundings. The black-wing hummingbirds will compound this effect by acting as 'white noise', distracting the Mithman from thinking about what's happening. Then, once the Mithman is well and truly distracted, the enchanted armaments will knock the Mithman unconscious. At this point, you may proceed into the clearing to capture the Mithman and learn his secrets.

Username: Illyrael

Cryptid to Capture: The Kraken

Concoction to Create:

Sheer Dumb Luck. aka You want to hunt a Kraken? Are you out of your mind???

So You Want to Hunt a Kraken

Step 1: Don't.
Step 2: If threats of sinking to the abyss and/or dying a horrible death at the whim of a colossal sea monster do not faze you, then by all means, read on.
Step 3: Gather the following:

Ingredients required
Nudibranch As many as you can. Then some more. And then more after that.
Blue Dragon Reef Snail Same amount as the nudibranches.
Dwarf Mushroom Same.
Fishing Net You are hunting an eldritch nightmare of the aquatic abyss. How many do you think you'll need?
Deeprealm Hunter Spiney Whale Blackline Bicorn Whale
Maren Ambusher Maren Shark Hunter Maren Warlock

INSTRUCTIONS and NOTES:
Step 4: Gather a maren and aquatic army of ambushers, hunters, spearmen and warlocks brave (or foolish?) enough to join you. And some deeprealm hunters. You'll need all the help you can get.
Step 5: Supply each and every member of your army with an overwhelming amount of nudibranch shells for luck.
Step 6: Create Sheer Dumb Luck: reduce the blue dragon reef snail venom with the dwarf mushrooms to form a thick paste.
Step 7: Coat the army's weaponry with Sheer Dumb Luck.
Step 8: Create as large a net as possible.
Step 9: Pray you don't actually run into the Kraken and everyone can go home safe.
Step 10: If step 9 is unsuccessful, fight and hope you live to tell the tale.

NOTES:
Why are you doing this? WHY?
Your goal here is survival. You are relying on numbers, luck and a hellish mixture on your army's weaponry that will hopefully poison the Kraken, and with sheer dumb luck (if the nudibranch shells do their work and the potion is successful) cause it to shrink to a manageable size.
But really, having read all this, don't you want to go capture a Mithman instead?
qTNOOYr.gifhOKF9XS.pngIhwCFGI.giffkpFObc.pngo6RASqM.png

3GyKulQ.gif
[b]@Ladyrenee[/b] [b]Username:[/b] Sachqua [b]Cryptid to Capture:[/b] The Kraken [b] Concoction to Create: Powerful Serthis Poison with Dwarf Mushroom[/b] [item=Powerful Serthis Poison][item=Dwarf Mushroom] INSTRUCTIONS and NOTES: Since so little is known about the mighty Kraken (such as what it eats, where it sleeps, and most importantly, what are its weaknesses) we are going to use a number of different tactics to hopefully obtain a live specimen which we can study further. [item=Powerful Serthis Poison] x99 Since the Kraken is such a huge beast we are going to need a large quantity of poison, and even then it will probably wont kill it but hopefully weaken it enough for capture. Boil the poison down for more than 24 hours until it reduces in volume. [item=Dwarf Mushroom] Add the dwarf mushroom just before taking off the heat. This is the ingredient we are praying will work to reduce this huge behemoth into a manageable size. Bottle a small amount of this potion. This will be used for plan B. The rest will be used for Plan A: [item=Stubby Squid]x10 [item=Thick Meat Strips]x10 Chop into chunks and add to the potion. Allow to marinate overnight. The appealing taste and smell of these ingredients should hide that of the poison. [item=Burlap Sack]x10[item=Lurefish]x10 Put the poisoned meat into bags and attach to the back a lurefish which is released near the locations of the most recent Kraken sightings. Hopefully the Kraken will be attracted by the lurings of the lurefish and/or the taste of the meat, gobble it up and be affected by the poison and/or shrunk by the mushroom. Plan B: [item=Expertly-Crafted Spear] If the Kraken is sighted but doesn't take the bait, dip the tip of the spear in the poison and have a strong Ridgeback throw it at the Kraken while keeping as far away as possible. While that may seem like a lot of unknowns, geez, we're trying to capture a Kraken, what else do you expect!
@Ladyrenee
Username: Sachqua
Cryptid to Capture: The Kraken
Concoction to Create: Powerful Serthis Poison with Dwarf Mushroom
Powerful Serthis Poison Dwarf Mushroom

INSTRUCTIONS and NOTES: Since so little is known about the mighty Kraken (such as what it eats, where it sleeps, and most importantly, what are its weaknesses) we are going to use a number of different tactics to hopefully obtain a live specimen which we can study further.

Powerful Serthis Poison x99
Since the Kraken is such a huge beast we are going to need a large quantity of poison, and even then it will probably wont kill it but hopefully weaken it enough for capture. Boil the poison down for more than 24 hours until it reduces in volume.
Dwarf Mushroom
Add the dwarf mushroom just before taking off the heat. This is the ingredient we are praying will work to reduce this huge behemoth into a manageable size.

Bottle a small amount of this potion. This will be used for plan B. The rest will be used for Plan A:
Stubby Squid x10 Thick Meat Strips x10
Chop into chunks and add to the potion. Allow to marinate overnight. The appealing taste and smell of these ingredients should hide that of the poison.
Burlap Sack x10 Lurefish x10
Put the poisoned meat into bags and attach to the back a lurefish which is released near the locations of the most recent Kraken sightings.

Hopefully the Kraken will be attracted by the lurings of the lurefish and/or the taste of the meat, gobble it up and be affected by the poison and/or shrunk by the mushroom.

Plan B:
Expertly-Crafted Spear
If the Kraken is sighted but doesn't take the bait, dip the tip of the spear in the poison and have a strong Ridgeback throw it at the Kraken while keeping as far away as possible.

While that may seem like a lot of unknowns, geez, we're trying to capture a Kraken, what else do you expect!
zVI7i7V.png27754151187_13038e2c8e_o.png41904606024_0cc8ac141a_o.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/kpYIGQ7.png[/img] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17495939] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174960/17495939_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hi everyone," you hear in the absolutely sweetest and most musical voice you have ever heard in your life. Looking around you find it originated the tiny tundra in the front of the open-air classroom. "I will be leading your class today on our journey to find the Yeti." Several dragons in your immediate area share concerned looks and start quiet conservations. This Tundra is TINY, and well, you hate to think in any way that could possibly be construed as racist, but it is true that tundra's have memories like Swiss cheese. Plus, she is so TINY. "Allow me to allay your fears," she says, and you could swear she is looking right at you. "I do not have the memory problems associated with my species." Is she looking at you? "I was changed to this form magically and retain all the abilities of my born-race. Only my appearance changed to that of a tundra. My other senses and abilities are still those of a nocturne, well, except the flight. That is why I am such a small tundra. My mass stayed the same, it just re-arranged itself. I am more than capable of taking care of myself- and you, as well." When she smiled at this, the entire group smiled with her. She had the most soothing quality about her. "Now, let's read this assignment, shall we?" [img]https://i.imgur.com/dvjoLaV.png[/img] [quote][size=4][u][b]Challenge for Day Five: Find Yeti & Get Out Alive: Thursday[/b][/u] [size=3]What do we REALLY know about the Yeti? We know its habitat is the cooler to the Frigidly Cold Regions. We know it is lured by the sights, smells, and sounds of a picnic, but pull out a camera or a canvas and it is gone. We don't even know if it is one or many! It's a mystery wrapped up in an enigma thrown into a paper bag of Greatshell parts put on your doorstep and set on fire. I mean- who knows? [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HMv9J3o.png[/img] [size=1] @SilverQuark @EbonyBadge @Cheshly @HSoup @EbonyBadger @AscendedGrace @Valyrie @Sachqua @naga @Illyrael @BrassicaOracle

kpYIGQ7.png

"Hi everyone," you hear in the absolutely sweetest and most musical voice you have ever heard in your life. Looking around you find it originated the tiny tundra in the front of the open-air classroom.

"I will be leading your class today on our journey to find the Yeti."

Several dragons in your immediate area share concerned looks and start quiet conservations. This Tundra is TINY, and well, you hate to think in any way that could possibly be construed as racist, but it is true that tundra's have memories like Swiss cheese. Plus, she is so TINY.

"Allow me to allay your fears," she says, and you could swear she is looking right at you.

"I do not have the memory problems associated with my species."

Is she looking at you?

"I was changed to this form magically and retain all the abilities of my born-race. Only my appearance changed to that of a tundra. My other senses and abilities are still those of a nocturne, well, except the flight. That is why I am such a small tundra. My mass stayed the same, it just re-arranged itself. I am more than capable of taking care of myself- and you, as well."

When she smiled at this, the entire group smiled with her. She had the most soothing quality about her.

"Now, let's read this assignment, shall we?"

dvjoLaV.png
Quote:
Challenge for Day Five: Find Yeti & Get Out Alive: Thursday

What do we REALLY know about the Yeti? We know its habitat is the cooler to the Frigidly Cold Regions. We know it is lured by the sights, smells, and sounds of a picnic, but pull out a camera or a canvas and it is gone. We don't even know if it is one or many! It's a mystery wrapped up in an enigma thrown into a paper bag of Greatshell parts put on your doorstep and set on fire. I mean- who knows?
HMv9J3o.png

@SilverQuark
@EbonyBadge
@Cheshly
@HSoup
@EbonyBadger
@AscendedGrace
@Valyrie
@Sachqua
@naga
@Illyrael
@BrassicaOracle
7UQxf9D.pngUE9oFgo.png823umPc.png23C40BP.pngIghW64t.png
The Yeti has but one secret weakness: [center][item=Snowsquall Floracat] CUTE KITTENS.[/center] Ingredients: [item=Ashmane Cat] [item=Calico Cat] [item=Unhatched Ice Egg] [item=Winter Wolf Pelt] [item=Ice Crystal] [item=Incorporeal Dinner] There's a reason why the Snowsquall Floracat are few and seldom spoken of. The "recipe" to making one involves a lot more patience and breeding strategies than it does magic. By all means, do not expect instant results if you wish to own one. [LIST=1][*] Select the parents. In Snowsquall Floracat lineages, it is recommended to start with a female Ashmane Cat and a male Calico Cat. Male Ashmane are adept at passing down the thickness of their fur, while female Calico contribute to the clearness of the fur and the slim physical build. This layout should be maintained for three generations, after which it should be changed to crossbreed plus pure Ashmane, regardless of gender. [*] Incubate the kittens in cracked Ice Eggs for two days upon birth. This will not hurt them - Ice eggs are actually warm and frail on the inside. Ashmane kittens have enough body fat to survive this phase, and it will contribute greatly to their endurance in the long run. [*] Expose the kittens to chilly, but not too cold, weather from a young age. The ideal ambient temperature to grow future Snowsquall Floracat in is 16°C, or 60°F. [*] Use Winter Wolf Pelt to give them shelter at night, or during particularly cold days. Ashmane crossbreed are prone to absorption of this pelt, and it will thicken their fur (and resistance to cold weather) across generations. [*] Feed Incorporeal Dinner at least twice a week to the kittens as they grow up. Wait until the lactation phase is over to start this. [*] After the second generation, begin feeding Ice Crystals to the mother during the pregnancy and lactation phase; do this with the kittens when they become old enough to chew. Fish-flavoured Ice Crystals are best, as the smell encourages consumption; ideally, kittens should start seeking Ice Crystals instead of regular water when thirsty. [*] The end result should look exactly like a purebred Snowsquall within five generations.[/LIST] (Please let me know if this is "too sciency" or it goes against the spirit of the game. I'm not sure myself what I'm doing here. XD)
The Yeti has but one secret weakness:
Snowsquall Floracat

CUTE KITTENS.

Ingredients:

Ashmane Cat Calico Cat Unhatched Ice Egg Winter Wolf Pelt Ice Crystal Incorporeal Dinner

There's a reason why the Snowsquall Floracat are few and seldom spoken of. The "recipe" to making one involves a lot more patience and breeding strategies than it does magic. By all means, do not expect instant results if you wish to own one.
  1. Select the parents. In Snowsquall Floracat lineages, it is recommended to start with a female Ashmane Cat and a male Calico Cat. Male Ashmane are adept at passing down the thickness of their fur, while female Calico contribute to the clearness of the fur and the slim physical build. This layout should be maintained for three generations, after which it should be changed to crossbreed plus pure Ashmane, regardless of gender.
  2. Incubate the kittens in cracked Ice Eggs for two days upon birth. This will not hurt them - Ice eggs are actually warm and frail on the inside. Ashmane kittens have enough body fat to survive this phase, and it will contribute greatly to their endurance in the long run.
  3. Expose the kittens to chilly, but not too cold, weather from a young age. The ideal ambient temperature to grow future Snowsquall Floracat in is 16°C, or 60°F.
  4. Use Winter Wolf Pelt to give them shelter at night, or during particularly cold days. Ashmane crossbreed are prone to absorption of this pelt, and it will thicken their fur (and resistance to cold weather) across generations.
  5. Feed Incorporeal Dinner at least twice a week to the kittens as they grow up. Wait until the lactation phase is over to start this.
  6. After the second generation, begin feeding Ice Crystals to the mother during the pregnancy and lactation phase; do this with the kittens when they become old enough to chew. Fish-flavoured Ice Crystals are best, as the smell encourages consumption; ideally, kittens should start seeking Ice Crystals instead of regular water when thirsty.
  7. The end result should look exactly like a purebred Snowsquall within five generations.

(Please let me know if this is "too sciency" or it goes against the spirit of the game. I'm not sure myself what I'm doing here. XD)
[b]@Ladyrenee[/b] [b]Username: JinxMoonstone [/b] [b]Cryptid to Capture: Yeti [/b] [b] Concoction to Create: [/b] [item=Incorporeal Dinner] [b]Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:[/b] Picnic you say? Of course food will lure a yeti out of hiding. Although there are many sub-species of Yeti, an incorporeal diner will most likely net you a Coarsefur Yeti, as the natural version is one of its favorite foods in its primary hunting grounds of the Boreal Woods. This version, however, includes some enhancements to boost its scent and increase your chance of seeing the elusive creature. [b]Ingredients:[/b] [item=Turkey Dinner] x 1 [item=Ghostly Aura] x1 [item=Unstable Serthis Concoction] x1 [item=Strange-smelling Vellum] x2 [item=Fragrant Orchid] x1 [item=Turkeywing Seashell] x5 [b]INSTRUCTIONS and NOTES:[/b] [i]Step 1:[/i] Place the Turkey Dinner in the Cauldron and reheat it. Fortunately, it's already cooked so this step only takes 30 minutes. [i]Step 2:[/i] Add in the Ghostly Aura and Unstable Serthis potion. Simmer for 5 hours. This step will start the incorporealization process. [i]Step 3:[/i] Add the Strangle-smelling Vellum and Fragrant Orchid. Boil rapidly for 15 minutes. This will enhance the potency of the small of the finished dinner. Don't worry - the rotting meat smell will dissipate into something more appealing to the Yeti, although perhaps not to you. [i]Step 4:[/i] Add all of the Turkeywing Seashells into the mixture, after finely grounding them. This will act as a binding agent and allow the ghostly aura to join with the turkey dinner carcass. The mixture should brew for another 2 hours on low. [i]Additional step:[/i] Set up a picnic! Spread out your blanket, place the incorporeal dinner in the center, and then retreat to nearby cover to see if the Yeti will be lured out by the smells of your delicious meal.
@Ladyrenee
Username: JinxMoonstone
Cryptid to Capture: Yeti
Concoction to Create:
Incorporeal Dinner
Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid: Picnic you say? Of course food will lure a yeti out of hiding. Although there are many sub-species of Yeti, an incorporeal diner will most likely net you a Coarsefur Yeti, as the natural version is one of its favorite foods in its primary hunting grounds of the Boreal Woods. This version, however, includes some enhancements to boost its scent and increase your chance of seeing the elusive creature.

Ingredients:
Turkey Dinner x 1 Ghostly Aura x1 Unstable Serthis Concoction x1 Strange-smelling Vellum x2
Fragrant Orchid x1 Turkeywing Seashell x5

INSTRUCTIONS and NOTES:

Step 1: Place the Turkey Dinner in the Cauldron and reheat it. Fortunately, it's already cooked so this step only takes 30 minutes.
Step 2: Add in the Ghostly Aura and Unstable Serthis potion. Simmer for 5 hours. This step will start the incorporealization process.
Step 3: Add the Strangle-smelling Vellum and Fragrant Orchid. Boil rapidly for 15 minutes. This will enhance the potency of the small of the finished dinner. Don't worry - the rotting meat smell will dissipate into something more appealing to the Yeti, although perhaps not to you.
Step 4: Add all of the Turkeywing Seashells into the mixture, after finely grounding them. This will act as a binding agent and allow the ghostly aura to join with the turkey dinner carcass. The mixture should brew for another 2 hours on low.

Additional step: Set up a picnic! Spread out your blanket, place the incorporeal dinner in the center, and then retreat to nearby cover to see if the Yeti will be lured out by the smells of your delicious meal.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
Day 6 [quote][size=4][u][b]Challenge for Day Six: Set A TRAP FOR NESSIE[/b][/u] [size=3]How much thought have you given to the Legend of the Loch Ness Monster? We've thought about it enough to know that words HURT. For example, "Monster." So, being the evolved, woke dragons that we are here in the Viridian Labyrinth we don't use hurtful words like "monster." We just call her "Nessie." From all the most recent reported sightings she has gotten caught up in fashion and is sporting quite the most recent couture. How should you go about catching her? Not the foggiest. . . [/quote] [size=1] @ JinxMoonstone @SilverQuark @EbonyBadge @Cheshly @HSoup @EbonyBadger @AscendedGrace @Valyrie @Naga @Illyrael

Day 6
Quote:
Challenge for Day Six: Set A TRAP FOR NESSIE
How much thought have you given to the Legend of the Loch Ness Monster? We've thought about it enough to know that words HURT. For example, "Monster." So, being the evolved, woke dragons that we are here in the Viridian Labyrinth we don't use hurtful words like "monster." We just call her "Nessie." From all the most recent reported sightings she has gotten caught up in fashion and is sporting quite the most recent couture. How should you go about catching her? Not the foggiest. . .

@ JinxMoonstone
@SilverQuark
@EbonyBadge
@Cheshly
@HSoup
@EbonyBadger
@AscendedGrace
@Valyrie
@Naga
@Illyrael
7UQxf9D.pngUE9oFgo.png823umPc.png23C40BP.pngIghW64t.png
If you want a Nessie, throw her a treat. [center][item=Green Algae][/center] And mind, this isn't just any green algae - it's an algae [i]salad![/i] Ingredients: [item=Amber Algae] [item=Sweet Grass] [item=Water Lilies] [item=Sour Green Apple] [item=Centaur Nut Mix] [item=Sunkernel] [item=Salt] [item=Vegetable Oil] [item=Honeyed Woodbasket] [LIST=1][*] Dry the Amber Algae and Sweet Grass, and mix them together. [*] Chop Water Lily leaves. Make sure the pieces are bigger than the Amber Algae and Sweet Grass filaments, but not too big to be long to chew. [*] Slice the Sour Green Apple into thin pieces. [*] Crush the Sunkernel almost to powder. Add it to the Centaur Nut Mix. [*] Dress the algae and grass with lily leaves. [*] Put the vegetables in the Honeyed Woodbasket. [*] Add a half teaspoon of Salt and two teaspoons of Vegetable Oil. [*] Add the nuts and sunkernels. [*] Seal the woodbasket and shake it. Leave to rest for thirty minutes, to let the leaves absorb the honeyed flavour.[/LIST] And done! This is also an excellent treat for veggie dragons. Glademum would recommend.
If you want a Nessie, throw her a treat.
Green Algae

And mind, this isn't just any green algae - it's an algae salad!

Ingredients:

Amber Algae Sweet Grass Water Lilies Sour Green Apple Centaur Nut Mix Sunkernel Salt Vegetable Oil Honeyed Woodbasket
  1. Dry the Amber Algae and Sweet Grass, and mix them together.
  2. Chop Water Lily leaves. Make sure the pieces are bigger than the Amber Algae and Sweet Grass filaments, but not too big to be long to chew.
  3. Slice the Sour Green Apple into thin pieces.
  4. Crush the Sunkernel almost to powder. Add it to the Centaur Nut Mix.
  5. Dress the algae and grass with lily leaves.
  6. Put the vegetables in the Honeyed Woodbasket.
  7. Add a half teaspoon of Salt and two teaspoons of Vegetable Oil.
  8. Add the nuts and sunkernels.
  9. Seal the woodbasket and shake it. Leave to rest for thirty minutes, to let the leaves absorb the honeyed flavour.

And done! This is also an excellent treat for veggie dragons. Glademum would recommend.
@Ladyrenee [b]Username:[/b] BrassicaOracle [b]Cryptid to Capture:[/b] Chupacabra [b]Concoction to Create:[/b] Poisonous Goats [center][item=goat][/center] [b]Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:[/b] Ever heard of “less is more”? If you just slap everything chupacabra likes in one place, that will be too good to be true for it. You need to act natural, like a simple herder, to lure it. Once it attacked the poisonous goat and get poisoned, it’s go time. [b]Materials:[/b] [item=goat][item=corpsemaker ivy][item=powerful serthis poison][item=Leopard Coralclimber Toxin][item=yellow ooze][item=green goo] [LIST] [*]Goats, as many as possible * [*]500 ug/ml Water extract of corpsemaker ivy [*]20 U Serthis poison [*]150 ug/ml Leopard Coralclimber Toxin [*]Yellow ooze [*]Green goo [/LIST] * Not every goat can survive the process, and you will need several of them to pull off the lure. [b]Tools:[/b] [item=lab coat][item=Rubber Laboratory Gloves][item=Peacock Scorpion Tail][item=sinew net] [LIST] [*]Lab coat [*]Gloves [*]Cleaned peacock scorpion tails [*]Net [/LIST] [b]Protocol:[/b] [LIST=1] [*] Mix up the adjuvant Mix 200 ul yellow ooze and 200 ul green goo together to make the adjuvant. Note: The adjuvant will improve the goats’ immune response, making the vaccination more effective without using high dose of toxin from the beginning. [*] Mix the adjuvant Mix the toxin, adjuvant, and water in 1:1:8 v/v to make the vaccine. [*] Vaccination Randomly divide the goats into three groups, each group will be vaccinated with different kinds of toxin. Inject the goats with vaccine using peacock scorpion tail every month, increase the dosage every time. [indent]1st month: 500 ul 2nd month: 1 ml 3rd month: 1.7 ml[/indent] Note: Always freshly prepare the vaccine! [*] High dose challenge Inject the goats with 500 ul of undiluted toxin, making the goat blood poisonous. [*] Luring the chupacabra Mix all the poisonous goats together and lead them to the place where the chupacabra is known to appear. Disguise yourself as a farmer and wait for it to attack your poisonous goat. Once the chupacabra is poisoned, catch it with a net. [/LIST] -------------- [b]Cryptid to Capture: [/b]Mithman [b]Concoction to Create: [/b]Bogeneak puppet [center][item=bogsneak puppet][/center] [b]Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:[/b] The mithman is known to kidnap naughty children*. By making a curious bogsneak golem wander in the wilds alone, it can attract the cryptid who likes to kidnap children. It has podid claws attached on it, which can poison the mithman when the cryptid tries to kidnap the puppet, making it easier to capture. * It is a reference of [url=http://yume2kki.wikia.com/wiki/Chasers]one of the chasers in Yume 2kki[/url]. [b]Materials:[/b] [item=tracker runt][item=southmarsh podid claws][item=Brass Steampunk Wings][item=lump of clay][item=moldy leather] [LIST] [*]1 tracker runt [*]4 southmarsh podid claws [*]1 pair of brass steampunk wings [*]Clay [*]Leather [/LIST] [b]Tools:[/b] [item=tanned rogue gloves][item=tanned rogue footpads][item=fine filament][item=leather wrapping set] [LIST] [*]Rogue gloves and footpads [*]Fine Filament [*]Leather wrappings [/LIST] [b]Protocol:[/b] [LIST=1] [*] Use the tracker runt as the basic structure of the puppet. It is a mechanical skeleton with a happy personality who likes to make mischief, very suitable in this work. There is an off switch on the back of its neck, click it to temporary shut it down. [*] Install the wings. Wire the steampunk wings on the tracker runt’s back. [*] Make the skin. Put clay on the tracker runt, and sculpt it into the shape of bogsneak. Sew the leather on the steampunk wing. Sew the podid claws on its feet. [*] Wrap it up. Wrap the puppet up with leather wrapping so that it won’t fall apart. Put the Rogue gloves and footpads on it so that it won’t hurt its maker when it reactivates. [*] Reactivation. Reactivate the tracker runt, it will be a little panic when it was just reactivated. Give it time to adapt. [*] Lure the mithman Take the puppet to the woods where the mithman is said to appear. Remove the glove and footpad. Let the puppet plays in the woods to lure the mithman. When the mithman showed up and attack the puppet, the podid poison will render the mithman vulnerable and catchable. [/LIST]
@Ladyrenee
Username: BrassicaOracle
Cryptid to Capture: Chupacabra
Concoction to Create: Poisonous Goats
Goat
Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:
Ever heard of “less is more”? If you just slap everything chupacabra likes in one place, that will be too good to be true for it. You need to act natural, like a simple herder, to lure it. Once it attacked the poisonous goat and get poisoned, it’s go time.

Materials:
Goat Corpsemaker Ivy Powerful Serthis Poison Leopard Coralclimber Toxin Yellow Ooze Green Goo
  • Goats, as many as possible *
  • 500 ug/ml Water extract of corpsemaker ivy
  • 20 U Serthis poison
  • 150 ug/ml Leopard Coralclimber Toxin
  • Yellow ooze
  • Green goo

* Not every goat can survive the process, and you will need several of them to pull off the lure.

Tools:
Lab Coat Rubber Laboratory Gloves Peacock Scorpion Tail Sinew Net
  • Lab coat
  • Gloves
  • Cleaned peacock scorpion tails
  • Net

Protocol:
  1. Mix up the adjuvant
    Mix 200 ul yellow ooze and 200 ul green goo together to make the adjuvant.
    Note: The adjuvant will improve the goats’ immune response, making the vaccination more effective without using high dose of toxin from the beginning.
  2. Mix the adjuvant
    Mix the toxin, adjuvant, and water in 1:1:8 v/v to make the vaccine.
  3. Vaccination
    Randomly divide the goats into three groups, each group will be vaccinated with different kinds of toxin.
    Inject the goats with vaccine using peacock scorpion tail every month, increase the dosage every time.
    1st month: 500 ul
    2nd month: 1 ml
    3rd month: 1.7 ml
    Note: Always freshly prepare the vaccine!
  4. High dose challenge
    Inject the goats with 500 ul of undiluted toxin, making the goat blood poisonous.
  5. Luring the chupacabra
    Mix all the poisonous goats together and lead them to the place where the chupacabra is known to appear. Disguise yourself as a farmer and wait for it to attack your poisonous goat. Once the chupacabra is poisoned, catch it with a net.

Cryptid to Capture: Mithman
Concoction to Create: Bogeneak puppet
Bogsneak Puppet
Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:
The mithman is known to kidnap naughty children*. By making a curious bogsneak golem wander in the wilds alone, it can attract the cryptid who likes to kidnap children. It has podid claws attached on it, which can poison the mithman when the cryptid tries to kidnap the puppet, making it easier to capture.

* It is a reference of one of the chasers in Yume 2kki.

Materials:
Tracker Runt Southmarsh Podid Claws Brass Steampunk Wings Lump of Clay Moldy Leather
  • 1 tracker runt
  • 4 southmarsh podid claws
  • 1 pair of brass steampunk wings
  • Clay
  • Leather

Tools:
Tanned Rogue Gloves Tanned Rogue Footpads Fine Filament Leather Wrapping Set
  • Rogue gloves and footpads
  • Fine Filament
  • Leather wrappings

Protocol:
  1. Use the tracker runt as the basic structure of the puppet.
    It is a mechanical skeleton with a happy personality who likes to make mischief, very suitable in this work.
    There is an off switch on the back of its neck, click it to temporary shut it down.
  2. Install the wings.
    Wire the steampunk wings on the tracker runt’s back.
  3. Make the skin.
    Put clay on the tracker runt, and sculpt it into the shape of bogsneak. Sew the leather on the steampunk wing. Sew the podid claws on its feet.
  4. Wrap it up.
    Wrap the puppet up with leather wrapping so that it won’t fall apart. Put the Rogue gloves and footpads on it so that it won’t hurt its maker when it reactivates.
  5. Reactivation.
    Reactivate the tracker runt, it will be a little panic when it was just reactivated. Give it time to adapt.
  6. Lure the mithman
    Take the puppet to the woods where the mithman is said to appear. Remove the glove and footpad. Let the puppet plays in the woods to lure the mithman. When the mithman showed up and attack the puppet, the podid poison will render the mithman vulnerable and catchable.
Golden filigree of mustard flower. Used in Lost in the Woods dom event. This link to pinglist of my foddart shop.A silver filigree of an asphodel flower and two pairs of dragonfly wings.A plushie of an Obelisk. This link to my avatar dragon.
1 2 3 4 5