Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Treasured Knowledge (Hiatus)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Geez it feels like forever since I've done one of these. With my recent lair expansion combined with a small lair purge, I've found myself with a little extra space that I'd like to use for another one of these! Believe it or not, I've done three of these, but only one I felt really good about and sadly had to abandon once my time got taken up by college shortly after I made the mistake of splitting up my group of dragons. You can read the first Pinkerlocke by clicking the link in Verdant's bio. As for the other two, I'm afraid that I'm not going to pull up the link to either because they barely lasted a couple weeks. Hopefully this one will turn out as I hope it does, as I don't plan to write something every day, but will when it's required or when I have the need to. I also will add some rules to the normal Pinkerlocke ones to try and make things more interesting. --------------- Without further ado, the rules! [center][b]Basic rules:[/b][/center] [LIST] [*]A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. [i]Note:[/i]I will have dead dragons available to be 'adopted' for up to one week after they've been killed. Just state who you want. [*][s]All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant[/s], as is the loot obtained from gathering. [b]I will elaborate on coliseum drops being semi-important later.[/b] [*][s]There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.[/s][b]Again, I'll elaborate on my changes further down.[/b] [*]And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile! [/LIST] [b]Drops of Fate:[/b] [center][b]Food: Coliseum time![/b] [i]Plants:[/i] 10-20 matches [i]Insects:[/i] 20-30 matches [i]Seafood:[/i] 30-40 matches [i]Meat:[/i] 40-50 matches[/center] [b]Difficulty:[/b] [i]Customized:[/i] Teams are chosen at random, but I pick the venue they enter. I will start with 10 Minor Health Potions and 5 Health Potions to use. I cannot refresh the page to restart; I have to use the Flee button. I will attempt to do the maximum number of battles required every time unless I have time constraints. This is so if needed, I can do battles simply to get them out of the way, or I can do battles to get dragons experience. [s]Should I skip a day, the rules become set to Hardmode until I've caught up on missed battles, which will be recorded in a later post.[/s] Update: While it was fun doing this, it becomes more tedious than fun when I've been gone for a week, and I'd rather have fun with this. I also will likely do battles outside of food drops, and the death rules still apply. [b]Materials/Trinkets:[/b] Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! I will do art when I feel like doing art of my dragons. These will still be on material/trinket days, but it saves me from drawing when I have artist block, especially when college inevitably starts back up. [center][size=4] [u]Rare Drops[/u] [/size][/center] [b]Familiars:[/b] Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak [b]Apparel:[/b] Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. [b]I will likely not do much breeding unless there is built chemistry between two characters. However, I will try to gene up my dragons whenever possible. I will keep a backlog of apparel to remind me of how many I still need to do in this case. This backlog can not be used for breeding dragons.[/b] Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. [b]Battle items:[/b] Uh-oh!!! [center]Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = [s]Nothing happens[/s][/center] [quote=Hidden Rule] Just know that I have a new hidden rule that I came up with that I can't put in here. Just know that it involves certain events happening when I flip tails on a Battle Stone. [/quote] DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones. [b]Starting out:[/b] Due to fun circumstances, I'm starting out with two GenOnes and a rather...special dragon. [b]Losing:[/b] If all of my non-important dragons die, I will immediately buy one new dragon to avoid having to wait for a Familiar drop. This is due to story purposes, as it requires that I own at least two dragons. -------------- [center][size=4][i]Additional/Personal Rules:[/i][/size][/center] These are extra rules specific to my pinkerlocke. I can add and modify rules at will, and should this happen, I will have a directory with the posts of when this happens. [b]Modified Apparel/Familiar Rule:[/b] I can only use familiars and apparel I get from the Coliseum, Pinkerton, or with treasure I get from this. As much as I'd love apparel donations, I'd prefer to get my dragons' outfits on my own. [b]All apparel donations will either be sent back or sold in some fashion. Readers have been warned.[/b] [b]The Treasure Pile:[/b] The amount of treasure my dragons have is determined by what I get as drops and how much they sell for. This will be tallied in a different post, but it does play a role in the overall plot. As time goes on and I get more treasure/gems, I will slowly reveal what this does. It increases with what I sell, be it through hoardselling or the AH, and decreases when I spend the funds on various things. Other users can also donate to the Treasure Pile at any time, whether it's a single coin or tens of thousands of them. [b]Goodies!:[/b] My dragons will each have at least one favored item that they carry with them at all times. Whether it be for sentimental purposes or just something they find as really neat, they'll have at least one on them. This rule will also be expanded as the Treasure Pile rule gets expanded as well. [quote=New Rule: To Build a Home] Okay, this is a bit complex, but this is why the Treasure Pile exists. First off, in order for me to get new permanent dragons, I now need to 'buy' the slot using earnings from the Treasure Pile as a way to show that they are buying the materials. Unlike in-game lair expansions, these don't increase in price over time, but the price does depend on the size of the dragon, stated here. [center][b]Small:[/b] 7,000 treasure [i]Breeds:[/i] Faes, Tundras, Spirals [b]Medium:[/b] 10,000 treasure [i]Breeds:[/i] Pearlcatchers, Skydancers, Mirrors, Wildclaws, Snappers, Bogsneaks, Nocturnes, Coatls [b]Large:[/b] 15,000 treasure [i]Breeds:[/i] Guardians, Imperials, Ridgebacks [/center] Secondly, I can now 'upgrade' the house. These cost a lot more treasure to do, but allow me to expand on the types of rooms the house can have, as well as 'level-up/upgrade' existing rooms. This will also take a specific amount of days, and those days only go down as I actively post. In other words, these upgrades only progress if the story does. Third, as mentioned above, I can now build new rooms for the house. Each room has a list of materials and a cost in treasure that need to be met before it can be built. The materials may or may not make sense, but the materials will have to come from the coliseum (with exceptions, but that's a ways off). These also have a timer for how long it takes to be built, but unlike upgrades to the entire house, these count down even while I'm on hiatus. There's another catch to these rooms though. In order to receive the benefits of the rooms, there has to be a qualifying dragon. For example, a room for alchemy may require that I have a dragon that uses Contuse, comes from the Arcane Flight, or is a Fae. Other requirements my be that the dragon is a certain level or has reached a certain number in a stat, such as requiring a Strength of 40 or higher. These rooms can also be upgraded/leveled up, but there are requirements here too. The house has to be a certain level itself, it'll cost more treasure and more materials, and in order to use the upgraded functions, the qualifying dragon in charge of the room must also be capable of using the new functions added. Should they not meet the new requirements, they can still use lower level functions. The higher level functions will still be available, but unusable until that dragon meets the requirements. Finally, my dragons can only have one 'job' at a time, and can only switch their job once a week. This is so I don't abuse them to gain multiple benefits during a week. [/quote] [quote=New Rule: A Second Chance] Due to the nature of breeding and the circumstances that require it, I gave myself a third way to get new dragons. First, this only applies if I cannot breed two dragons, whether due to cooldowns, not having chemistry between two dragons, or because I don't have a nest free. Second, this is decided via coinflip. Heads, I have to treat the apparel as a part of the Apparel Backlog for genes. Tails, and I can get a new dragon, following the rules that are in place for obtaining new dragons. [/quote]
Geez it feels like forever since I've done one of these. With my recent lair expansion combined with a small lair purge, I've found myself with a little extra space that I'd like to use for another one of these!

Believe it or not, I've done three of these, but only one I felt really good about and sadly had to abandon once my time got taken up by college shortly after I made the mistake of splitting up my group of dragons. You can read the first Pinkerlocke by clicking the link in Verdant's bio. As for the other two, I'm afraid that I'm not going to pull up the link to either because they barely lasted a couple weeks.

Hopefully this one will turn out as I hope it does, as I don't plan to write something every day, but will when it's required or when I have the need to. I also will add some rules to the normal Pinkerlocke ones to try and make things more interesting.

Without further ado, the rules!
Basic rules:
  • A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. Note:I will have dead dragons available to be 'adopted' for up to one week after they've been killed. Just state who you want.
  • All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering. I will elaborate on coliseum drops being semi-important later.
  • There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.Again, I'll elaborate on my changes further down.
  • And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Drops of Fate:
Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Difficulty: Customized: Teams are chosen at random, but I pick the venue they enter. I will start with 10 Minor Health Potions and 5 Health Potions to use. I cannot refresh the page to restart; I have to use the Flee button. I will attempt to do the maximum number of battles required every time unless I have time constraints. This is so if needed, I can do battles simply to get them out of the way, or I can do battles to get dragons experience.

Should I skip a day, the rules become set to Hardmode until I've caught up on missed battles, which will be recorded in a later post. Update: While it was fun doing this, it becomes more tedious than fun when I've been gone for a week, and I'd rather have fun with this. I also will likely do battles outside of food drops, and the death rules still apply.

Materials/Trinkets: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

I will do art when I feel like doing art of my dragons. These will still be on material/trinket days, but it saves me from drawing when I have artist block, especially when college inevitably starts back up.
Rare Drops
Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get!

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. I will likely not do much breeding unless there is built chemistry between two characters. However, I will try to gene up my dragons whenever possible. I will keep a backlog of apparel to remind me of how many I still need to do in this case. This backlog can not be used for breeding dragons.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!
Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens
Hidden Rule wrote:
Just know that I have a new hidden rule that I came up with that I can't put in here. Just know that it involves certain events happening when I flip tails on a Battle Stone.

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

Starting out:
Due to fun circumstances, I'm starting out with two GenOnes and a rather...special dragon.

Losing:
If all of my non-important dragons die, I will immediately buy one new dragon to avoid having to wait for a Familiar drop. This is due to story purposes, as it requires that I own at least two dragons.

Additional/Personal Rules:
These are extra rules specific to my pinkerlocke. I can add and modify rules at will, and should this happen, I will have a directory with the posts of when this happens.

Modified Apparel/Familiar Rule: I can only use familiars and apparel I get from the Coliseum, Pinkerton, or with treasure I get from this. As much as I'd love apparel donations, I'd prefer to get my dragons' outfits on my own. All apparel donations will either be sent back or sold in some fashion. Readers have been warned.

The Treasure Pile: The amount of treasure my dragons have is determined by what I get as drops and how much they sell for. This will be tallied in a different post, but it does play a role in the overall plot.

As time goes on and I get more treasure/gems, I will slowly reveal what this does. It increases with what I sell, be it through hoardselling or the AH, and decreases when I spend the funds on various things. Other users can also donate to the Treasure Pile at any time, whether it's a single coin or tens of thousands of them.

Goodies!: My dragons will each have at least one favored item that they carry with them at all times. Whether it be for sentimental purposes or just something they find as really neat, they'll have at least one on them. This rule will also be expanded as the Treasure Pile rule gets expanded as well.

New Rule: To Build a Home wrote:
Okay, this is a bit complex, but this is why the Treasure Pile exists.

First off, in order for me to get new permanent dragons, I now need to 'buy' the slot using earnings from the Treasure Pile as a way to show that they are buying the materials. Unlike in-game lair expansions, these don't increase in price over time, but the price does depend on the size of the dragon, stated here.
Small: 7,000 treasure
Breeds: Faes, Tundras, Spirals
Medium: 10,000 treasure
Breeds: Pearlcatchers, Skydancers, Mirrors, Wildclaws, Snappers, Bogsneaks, Nocturnes, Coatls
Large: 15,000 treasure
Breeds: Guardians, Imperials, Ridgebacks

Secondly, I can now 'upgrade' the house. These cost a lot more treasure to do, but allow me to expand on the types of rooms the house can have, as well as 'level-up/upgrade' existing rooms. This will also take a specific amount of days, and those days only go down as I actively post. In other words, these upgrades only progress if the story does.

Third, as mentioned above, I can now build new rooms for the house. Each room has a list of materials and a cost in treasure that need to be met before it can be built. The materials may or may not make sense, but the materials will have to come from the coliseum (with exceptions, but that's a ways off). These also have a timer for how long it takes to be built, but unlike upgrades to the entire house, these count down even while I'm on hiatus. There's another catch to these rooms though.

In order to receive the benefits of the rooms, there has to be a qualifying dragon. For example, a room for alchemy may require that I have a dragon that uses Contuse, comes from the Arcane Flight, or is a Fae. Other requirements my be that the dragon is a certain level or has reached a certain number in a stat, such as requiring a Strength of 40 or higher.

These rooms can also be upgraded/leveled up, but there are requirements here too. The house has to be a certain level itself, it'll cost more treasure and more materials, and in order to use the upgraded functions, the qualifying dragon in charge of the room must also be capable of using the new functions added. Should they not meet the new requirements, they can still use lower level functions. The higher level functions will still be available, but unusable until that dragon meets the requirements.

Finally, my dragons can only have one 'job' at a time, and can only switch their job once a week. This is so I don't abuse them to gain multiple benefits during a week.
New Rule: A Second Chance wrote:
Due to the nature of breeding and the circumstances that require it, I gave myself a third way to get new dragons.

First, this only applies if I cannot breed two dragons, whether due to cooldowns, not having chemistry between two dragons, or because I don't have a nest free. Second, this is decided via coinflip. Heads, I have to treat the apparel as a part of the Apparel Backlog for genes. Tails, and I can get a new dragon, following the rules that are in place for obtaining new dragons.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
Want to jump to a specific day? Wondering when a rule was added or changed? Check here for links to both!

List of Days:

Prologue- Link
Day 1- Link
Day 2- Link
Day 3- Link
Day 4- Link
Day 5- Link
Day 6- Link
Day 7- Link
Day 8- Link
Day 9- Link
Day 10 & 11- Link
Day 12 & 13- Link
Day 14 - Link
Day 15 - Link
Day 16 - Link
Day 17 - Link
Day 18 & 19 - Link
Day 20 - Link
Day 21 - Link
Day 22 - Link
Day 23 - Link
Day 24 - Link
Day 25 & 26 - Link
Day 27 - Link
Day 28 - Link
Day 29 - Link
Day 30 - Link

Day 31 - Link
Day 32 - Link
Day 33 - Link
Day 34 - Link
Day 35 - Link
Day 36 - Link
Day 37 - Link
Day 38 - Link
Day 39 - Link
Day 40 - Link
Day 41 - Link
Day 42 - Link
Day 43 - Link
Day 44 - Link
Day 45 - Link
Day 46 - Link
Day 47 - Link
Day 48 - Link
Day 49 - Link
Day 50 - Link
Day 51 - Link
Day 52 - Link
Day 53 - Link
Day 54 - Link
Day 55 - Link
Day 56 - Link
Day 57 - Link

Day 58 - Link
Day 59 - Link
Day 60 - Link
Day 61 - Link
Day 62 - Link
Day 63 - Link
Day 64 - Link
Day 65 - Link
Day 66 - Link
Day 67 - Link
Day 68 - Link
Day 69 - Link
Day 70 - Link
Day 71 - Link
Day 72 - Link
Day 73 - Link
Day 74 - Link
Day 75 - Link
Day 76 - Link
Day 77 - Link
Day 78 - Link
Day 79 - Link
Day 80 - Link
Day 81 - Link
Day 82 - Link
Day 83 - Link
Day 84 - Link

List of Rule Changes:
Most Major Rule of the Pinkerlocke (Day 16)- Link
A New Way to Get Dragons (Day 33)- Link
Legend of the Hidden Rule (Day 42) - Link
**Note: This rule isn't directly written out for spoiler reasons, but as it is a change to the Pinkerlocke, I still feel it should be linked to.
Want to jump to a specific day? Wondering when a rule was added or changed? Check here for links to both!

List of Days:

Prologue- Link
Day 1- Link
Day 2- Link
Day 3- Link
Day 4- Link
Day 5- Link
Day 6- Link
Day 7- Link
Day 8- Link
Day 9- Link
Day 10 & 11- Link
Day 12 & 13- Link
Day 14 - Link
Day 15 - Link
Day 16 - Link
Day 17 - Link
Day 18 & 19 - Link
Day 20 - Link
Day 21 - Link
Day 22 - Link
Day 23 - Link
Day 24 - Link
Day 25 & 26 - Link
Day 27 - Link
Day 28 - Link
Day 29 - Link
Day 30 - Link

Day 31 - Link
Day 32 - Link
Day 33 - Link
Day 34 - Link
Day 35 - Link
Day 36 - Link
Day 37 - Link
Day 38 - Link
Day 39 - Link
Day 40 - Link
Day 41 - Link
Day 42 - Link
Day 43 - Link
Day 44 - Link
Day 45 - Link
Day 46 - Link
Day 47 - Link
Day 48 - Link
Day 49 - Link
Day 50 - Link
Day 51 - Link
Day 52 - Link
Day 53 - Link
Day 54 - Link
Day 55 - Link
Day 56 - Link
Day 57 - Link

Day 58 - Link
Day 59 - Link
Day 60 - Link
Day 61 - Link
Day 62 - Link
Day 63 - Link
Day 64 - Link
Day 65 - Link
Day 66 - Link
Day 67 - Link
Day 68 - Link
Day 69 - Link
Day 70 - Link
Day 71 - Link
Day 72 - Link
Day 73 - Link
Day 74 - Link
Day 75 - Link
Day 76 - Link
Day 77 - Link
Day 78 - Link
Day 79 - Link
Day 80 - Link
Day 81 - Link
Day 82 - Link
Day 83 - Link
Day 84 - Link

List of Rule Changes:
Most Major Rule of the Pinkerlocke (Day 16)- Link
A New Way to Get Dragons (Day 33)- Link
Legend of the Hidden Rule (Day 42) - Link
**Note: This rule isn't directly written out for spoiler reasons, but as it is a change to the Pinkerlocke, I still feel it should be linked to.
[center][size=4][b]He Who Ran:[/b][/size][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39554109] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/395542/39554109_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Treasure:[/b] Male - Plague - Level 7 This is Treasure. He's quite...special, but he doesn't know why yet. Due to this, he is unable to die by the normal Pinkerlocke rules. As such, he can participate in normal coli endeavors, but cannot participate in battles determined by Food Drops or the Death Streaks given out by Battle Stones.[/center] [center][size=4][b]Those Who Follow:[/b][/size][/center] [center]These are the other dragons participating in this Pinkerlocke. They don't quite do as their name implies yet, but as the plot progresses, they'll start following the title more accurately.[/center] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41736997] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417370/41736997_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [b]Onyx:[/b] Male - Light - Level 12 Onyx has grown up to be a caring a cheerful member of the group. While the deaths of Melancholy and Spore have had an impact on him, he does his best not to let the others be worried about him. He's quite quirky, with a undying love of pretty feathers and flowers that decorate his room. He's also very dexterous and hardy, often traveling into the wooded area around his home to gather vines and bedding for new rooms. In a relationship with Ember, and has a budding friendship with Siren. [/columns] [columns] [b]Ember:[/b] Female - Fire - Level 11 Ember is patient and intelligent. She's not one to dabble in the hard work the others do, preferring to prepare herself to become a diplomat for the group. Despite her Fire Element, she's often found wading in the nearby pond while the others perform their tasks. When Margaret isn't accompanying Treasure, she's with Ember, teaching her whatever she feels the Guardian will enjoy learning. Recently, due to learning about her inevitable Search, and Splash's death while just barely starting his, she dreads her own, as she doesn't want to leave the clan. Currently in a relationship with Onyx. [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42158091] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421581/42158091_350.png[/img] [/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42374262] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/423743/42374262_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [b]Siren:[/b] Female - Plague - Level 10 Siren is another oddity in the group. After a tree fell on her, she has lost her ability to speak properly, resulting in her only able to make noises with them. Her Spellbound Tome, a gift from two traveling merchants, acts as her new vocal cords however, and she now speaks through that. She's proven to be generally kind and social, even if she doesn't have a proper voice. When it comes to being in a conversation with more than one other dragon though, she tends to become quiet and withdrawn, as it becomes much more difficult for her to get a proper word in, even with her new tome. [/columns] [columns] [b]Stardust:[/b] Female - Arcane - Level 11 Stardust is what Margaret refers to as a "typical Bogsneak". Solitary and a dragon of very few words, she spends most of her day lying about. She either sticks to laying under the bedding in her room or in the mud of the pond, and generally remains there for most of the day. Despite her quiet nature though, she's a good listener, and will perform tasks asked of her should she be needed. She also doesn't mind the others, and understands as well as respects what they're doing. She's not the best at talking to younger dragons however, and as such, she tends not to say much to them. [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42434418] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424345/42434418_350.png[/img] [/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42919416] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/429195/42919416_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [b]Petal[/b] Female - Plague - Level 9 A very cautious and shy dragon, Petal really only trusts those in the Clan of Gilded Memories. She doesn't mind socializing with others though, and despite crowded situations overloading her senses at times, it doesn't stop her from exploring them. She also is showing signs of not being much of a fighter in the future, preferring to have the others protect her instead of protecting herself. [/columns] [columns] [b]Jasmine:[/b] Female - Light - Level 5 Jasmine is definitely a troublemaker. She demands a lot of attention, and when she doesn't get it, she runs off and uses her coloration to hide until the group is forced to give her attention in the form of looking for her. Hopefully Magi will curb this behavior a little once the Fae gets a little more courageous. [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43394376] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/433944/43394376_350.png[/img] [/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43456234] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434563/43456234_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [b]Magi[/b] Female - Light - Level 5 Magi is a shy Fae, generally avoiding attention at all costs. If dragged into a conversation though, she'll gladly participate, and is rather close to anyone she considers a friend. Enjoys having conversations with Petal, and considers Onyx and adoptive father and Ember as an adoptive mother. [/columns]
He Who Ran:

39554109_350.png

Treasure:
Male - Plague - Level 7

This is Treasure. He's quite...special, but he doesn't know why yet. Due to this, he is unable to die by the normal Pinkerlocke rules. As such, he can participate in normal coli endeavors, but cannot participate in battles determined by Food Drops or the Death Streaks given out by Battle Stones.

Those Who Follow:
These are the other dragons participating in this Pinkerlocke. They don't quite do as their name implies yet, but as the plot progresses, they'll start following the title more accurately.

41736997_350.png
Onyx:
Male - Light - Level 12
Onyx has grown up to be a caring a cheerful member of the group. While the deaths of Melancholy and Spore have had an impact on him, he does his best not to let the others be worried about him. He's quite quirky, with a undying love of pretty feathers and flowers that decorate his room. He's also very dexterous and hardy, often traveling into the wooded area around his home to gather vines and bedding for new rooms. In a relationship with Ember, and has a budding friendship with Siren.
Ember:
Female - Fire - Level 11
Ember is patient and intelligent. She's not one to dabble in the hard work the others do, preferring to prepare herself to become a diplomat for the group. Despite her Fire Element, she's often found wading in the nearby pond while the others perform their tasks. When Margaret isn't accompanying Treasure, she's with Ember, teaching her whatever she feels the Guardian will enjoy learning. Recently, due to learning about her inevitable Search, and Splash's death while just barely starting his, she dreads her own, as she doesn't want to leave the clan. Currently in a relationship with Onyx.

42158091_350.png

42374262_350.png
Siren:
Female - Plague - Level 10
Siren is another oddity in the group. After a tree fell on her, she has lost her ability to speak properly, resulting in her only able to make noises with them. Her Spellbound Tome, a gift from two traveling merchants, acts as her new vocal cords however, and she now speaks through that. She's proven to be generally kind and social, even if she doesn't have a proper voice. When it comes to being in a conversation with more than one other dragon though, she tends to become quiet and withdrawn, as it becomes much more difficult for her to get a proper word in, even with her new tome.
Stardust:
Female - Arcane - Level 11
Stardust is what Margaret refers to as a "typical Bogsneak". Solitary and a dragon of very few words, she spends most of her day lying about. She either sticks to laying under the bedding in her room or in the mud of the pond, and generally remains there for most of the day. Despite her quiet nature though, she's a good listener, and will perform tasks asked of her should she be needed. She also doesn't mind the others, and understands as well as respects what they're doing. She's not the best at talking to younger dragons however, and as such, she tends not to say much to them.

42434418_350.png

42919416_350.png
Petal
Female - Plague - Level 9
A very cautious and shy dragon, Petal really only trusts those in the Clan of Gilded Memories. She doesn't mind socializing with others though, and despite crowded situations overloading her senses at times, it doesn't stop her from exploring them. She also is showing signs of not being much of a fighter in the future, preferring to have the others protect her instead of protecting herself.
Jasmine:
Female - Light - Level 5
Jasmine is definitely a troublemaker. She demands a lot of attention, and when she doesn't get it, she runs off and uses her coloration to hide until the group is forced to give her attention in the form of looking for her. Hopefully Magi will curb this behavior a little once the Fae gets a little more courageous.

43394376_350.png

43456234_350.png
Magi
Female - Light - Level 5
Magi is a shy Fae, generally avoiding attention at all costs. If dragged into a conversation though, she'll gladly participate, and is rather close to anyone she considers a friend. Enjoys having conversations with Petal, and considers Onyx and adoptive father and Ember as an adoptive mother.
[center][size=4][b]The Graveyard:[/b][/size][/center] [center]The graveyard in this story will actually be a physical graveyard. This will likely play a role later on in the plot, when there have been deaths and the dragons who witnessed them will have a place to return to should they wish to mourn.[/center] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41735541] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417356/41735541_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [b]Melancholy:[/b] Male - Shadow - Level 7 An energetic Tundra with a passion for exploring. Ever curious, he's one to start asking questions without waiting for an answer, and if it weren't for Spore, he'd probably would have gotten himself in a lot more trouble than he has. [color=red]Turns out that without Spore, he really did get himself into a bit of trouble he couldn't escape from.[/color] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41710150] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417102/41710150_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [center][b]Spore:[/b] Male - Nature - Level 7 After the death of Melancholy, Spore has lost a bit of himself. He's quieter than normal, and it's unsure how he'll recover after the abrupt death of a dragon he called 'brother'. [color=red]No one will ever know, as he became victim to the same kindness his 'brother' showed.[/color][/center] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42104607] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421047/42104607_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [b]Splash:[/b] Male - Shadow - Level 10 Splash, while energetic, tends to remain quiet most of the time. He enjoys any task handed to him, no matter how repetitive or difficult it appears to be. He's the main muscle in the group, despite what others may joke about when it comes to comparing him to Ember. Enjoys a swim in the pond in his free time, sometimes passively hunting down fish while doing so. [color=red]His death will be forever shrouded in mystery,his life lost as he unknowingly began his Search.[/color] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43511615] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/435117/43511615_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [b]Saturn:[/b] Male - Plague - Level 2 Saturn is the surviving son of Onyx and Ember's nest. [color=red]Turns out his bad attitude cost him his life. Perhaps if his mother had been there for him, this may have never happened.[/color] [/columns]
The Graveyard:
The graveyard in this story will actually be a physical graveyard. This will likely play a role later on in the plot, when there have been deaths and the dragons who witnessed them will have a place to return to should they wish to mourn.

41735541_350.png
Melancholy:
Male - Shadow - Level 7

An energetic Tundra with a passion for exploring. Ever curious, he's one to start asking questions without waiting for an answer, and if it weren't for Spore, he'd probably would have gotten himself in a lot more trouble than he has. Turns out that without Spore, he really did get himself into a bit of trouble he couldn't escape from.

41710150_350.png
Spore:
Male - Nature - Level 7

After the death of Melancholy, Spore has lost a bit of himself. He's quieter than normal, and it's unsure how he'll recover after the abrupt death of a dragon he called 'brother'. No one will ever know, as he became victim to the same kindness his 'brother' showed.

42104607_350.png
Splash:
Male - Shadow - Level 10
Splash, while energetic, tends to remain quiet most of the time. He enjoys any task handed to him, no matter how repetitive or difficult it appears to be. He's the main muscle in the group, despite what others may joke about when it comes to comparing him to Ember. Enjoys a swim in the pond in his free time, sometimes passively hunting down fish while doing so. His death will be forever shrouded in mystery,his life lost as he unknowingly began his Search.

43511615_350.png
Saturn:
Male - Plague - Level 2
Saturn is the surviving son of Onyx and Ember's nest. Turns out his bad attitude cost him his life. Perhaps if his mother had been there for him, this may have never happened.
First, a Pinglist! [b]Pinglist:[/b] @Kittychat47 @Insectoid @Jaspernoir @TruthandLies @MitraSunshine ----------- Now, a bunch of counters that will be added onto in the future! [center][b]The Treasure Pile:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 46,080 [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img] 1 [b]The Apparel Backlog:[/b] [item=Black Linen Arm Wraps][item=Weary Focus] [b]The Food Backlog:[/b] [b]Number of Rooms: (Occupied/Vacant)[/b] [u]Small:[/u] 2/0 [u]Medium: [/u]3/0 [u]Large: [/u]3/1 [/center] ------------ [center][size=4][b]Current Rooms:[/b][/size] [quote= Nursery: Level 1] [i]"This room is a must for any dragons wishing to have a nest!"[/i] Building this room will grant a single nest to house a clutch of eggs from bred dragons. Only one nest can be housed in the small room, which is complete with a bed of soft moss to hold the eggs and decorated with feathers and colorful trinkets. [b]Dragon:[/b] None required! [b]Time Left to Finish:[/b] Finished! [/quote][/center] ------------ [center][size=4][b]House Upgrade:[/b][/size] [b]Current Level:[/b] 2 (4 on-site days of activity left) [b]Next Upgrade Requirements:[/b] 25,000 Treasure [b]Time Required to Finish Upgrade:[/b] 10 days [/center] ------------ [center][size=4][b]Available Rooms:[/b][/size] [/center] ----------- [center][size=4][b]Unavailable Rooms:[/b][/size] [b]Note:[/b] These rooms are subject to change. This will likely happen as I think of better materials to use in the room's construction. [quote= Alchemist's Workshop: Level 1] [i]"A quaint little workshop for a dragon that wishes to do more with their magic than cast spells."[/i] Once built, this room can be used to reduce materials and create materials at Baldwin's up to level 3. It's quite empty for such a strangely large room, but there has to be somewhere to put all those Goos, Slimes, and Sludges! Comes complete with a small cauldron and rudimentary ventilation system so the alchemist doesn't suffer any ill effects. [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] [b]House level:[/b] 2 [b]Items:[/b] [item= Glowing Pocket Bauble]x10 [item=Bottled Embers]x10 [item= Flycatcher]x25 [item= Sticky Pollen]x15 [item=Minor Health Potion]x3 [b]Treasure:[/b] 15,000 [b]Dragon:[/b] Must use the Contuse line of Battle Stones; At least level 3. [b]Time Required to Finish Upgrade:[/b] 7 days [/quote] [quote=Infirmary: Level 1] [i]"It is important to tend to your wounded and sick!"[/i] A large room capable of housing two injured and sick dragons. Once built, any dragon who dies in the Coliseum has a chance to survive. Roll a d10, and if the result is 9 or 10, the dragon lives. Then, roll a d6 to determine how many days they are inactive for while they recover. Inactive dragons cannot complete their assigned tasks until they have recovered fully. They also can not be put on teams unless a Death Streak is taking place. [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] [b]House level:[/b] 5 [b]Items:[/b] [item=Minor Health Potion]x15 [item=Health Potion]x5 [item=Powerful Serthis Poison]x20 [item= Bonepriest Venom]x20 [item= Maggot]x15 [b]Treasure:[/b] 50,000 [b]Dragon:[/b] Must use the Contuse Battle Stone Line; required to have a Regeneration or Aid Battle Stone; Minimum level of 7. [b]Time Required to Finish Upgrade:[/b] 21 days [/quote] [quote= Garden: Level 1] [i]"A rudimentary garden to grow all the favorite plants that the herbivores of your clan!"[/i] A small garden that's kinda hard to distinguish from its surroundings. The edges are marked with small rocks, and the soil is simply what was already there. The plants are some of the more preferred meals for dragons however, rather than what they normally can find in a forest. Once built, the clan can use five gathering turns in Foraging and sell what is obtained from it, as long as there's a dragon tending to it. [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] [b]House level:[/b] 3 [b]Items:[/b] Ten of any item that can be found in Foraging that also drops in the coliseum. This [b]does not[/b] include what comes out of openables. Example: [item=Black Tulip] [b]Treasure:[/b] 20,000 [b]Dragon:[/b] Breed has to be one that eats Plants. [b]Time Required to Finish Upgrade:[/b] 10 Days [/quote] [quote= Pisciculture Pool: Level 1] [i]"An odd little pool, filled with harvestable fish for those hungry dragons who prefer their food to be from the water."[/i] A small dug-out pool that simply looks like it's trying to become a pond separate from the one it comes from. However, it has been dug out cleverly to prevent fish from escaping while also keeping them alive and well. It provides a constant supply of easy to obtain fish, great for those who aren't so good at catching them. Once built, the clan can use five gathering turns in Fishing and sell what is obtained from it, as long as there's a dragon tending to it. [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] [b]House level:[/b] 3 [b]Items:[/b] Ten of any item that can be found in Fishing that also drops in the coliseum. This [b]does not[/b] include what comes out of openables. Example: [item=Snowflake Urchin] [b]Treasure:[/b] 20,000 [b]Dragon:[/b] Breed has to be one that eats Seafood. [b]Time Required to Finish Upgrade:[/b] 10 Days [/quote] [quote= Pasture: Level 1] [i]"A plain full of livestock, ready for easy hunting for the Carnivores in the clan!"[/i] Hardly a plain full of what could hardly be called livestock, the pasture at least is able to keep the creatures within from escaping. A small patch of treeless land, the land is fenced off with carefully stacked tree trunks and filled with whatever woodland creatures can be trapped within it. Once built, the clan can use five gathering turns in Hunting and sell what is obtained from it, as long as there's a dragon tending to it. [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] [b]House level:[/b] 3 [b]Items:[/b] Ten of any item that can be found in Hunting that also drops in the coliseum. This [b]does not[/b] include what comes out of openables. Example: [item=Roan Mouse] [b]Treasure:[/b] 20,000 [b]Dragon:[/b] Breed has to be one that eats Meat. [b]Time Required to Finish Upgrade:[/b] 10 Days [/quote] [quote= Hive: Level 1] [i]"A small container for insects to make their home, this structure makes it easy for Insectivores to get their fill!"[/i] This hive is more of a collection of foliage that certain insects like to call home surrounded in wood. It makes for a nice isolated ecosystem, but hardly any decide to nest here for prolonged periods. It's still easier to gather insects to eat here than simply run out in the forest and hope to find enough to eat though! Once built, the clan can use five gathering turns in Insect Catching and sell what is obtained from it, as long as there's a dragon tending to it. [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] [b]House level:[/b] 3 [b]Items:[/b] Five of any item that can be found in Insect Catching that also drops in the coliseum. This [b]does not[/b] include what comes out of openables. Example: [item=White Lace Honeybee] [b]Treasure:[/b] 20,000 [b]Dragon:[/b] Breed has to be one that eats Insects. [b]Time Required to Finish Upgrade:[/b] 10 Days [/quote]
First, a Pinglist!

Pinglist:
@Kittychat47 @Insectoid @Jaspernoir @TruthandLies @MitraSunshine

Now, a bunch of counters that will be added onto in the future!
The Treasure Pile:
icon_treasure.png 46,080
icon_gems.png 1

The Apparel Backlog:
Black Linen Arm Wraps Weary Focus

The Food Backlog:

Number of Rooms: (Occupied/Vacant)
Small: 2/0
Medium: 3/0
Large: 3/1

Current Rooms:
Nursery: Level 1 wrote:
"This room is a must for any dragons wishing to have a nest!"
Building this room will grant a single nest to house a clutch of eggs from bred dragons. Only one nest can be housed in the small room, which is complete with a bed of soft moss to hold the eggs and decorated with feathers and colorful trinkets.
Dragon: None required!
Time Left to Finish: Finished!

House Upgrade:
Current Level: 2 (4 on-site days of activity left)
Next Upgrade Requirements:
25,000 Treasure
Time Required to Finish Upgrade:
10 days

Available Rooms:

Unavailable Rooms:
Note: These rooms are subject to change. This will likely happen as I think of better materials to use in the room's construction.
Alchemist's Workshop: Level 1 wrote:
"A quaint little workshop for a dragon that wishes to do more with their magic than cast spells."
Once built, this room can be used to reduce materials and create materials at Baldwin's up to level 3. It's quite empty for such a strangely large room, but there has to be somewhere to put all those Goos, Slimes, and Sludges! Comes complete with a small cauldron and rudimentary ventilation system so the alchemist doesn't suffer any ill effects.

Requirements:
House level: 2
Items:
Glowing Pocket Bauble x10 Bottled Embers x10 Flycatcher x25 Sticky Pollen x15 Minor Health Potion x3
Treasure: 15,000
Dragon: Must use the Contuse line of Battle Stones; At least level 3.
Time Required to Finish Upgrade: 7 days
Infirmary: Level 1 wrote:
"It is important to tend to your wounded and sick!"
A large room capable of housing two injured and sick dragons. Once built, any dragon who dies in the Coliseum has a chance to survive. Roll a d10, and if the result is 9 or 10, the dragon lives. Then, roll a d6 to determine how many days they are inactive for while they recover. Inactive dragons cannot complete their assigned tasks until they have recovered fully. They also can not be put on teams unless a Death Streak is taking place.

Requirements:
House level: 5
Items:
Minor Health Potion x15 Health Potion x5 Powerful Serthis Poison x20 Bonepriest Venom x20 Maggot x15
Treasure: 50,000
Dragon: Must use the Contuse Battle Stone Line; required to have a Regeneration or Aid Battle Stone; Minimum level of 7.
Time Required to Finish Upgrade: 21 days
Garden: Level 1 wrote:
"A rudimentary garden to grow all the favorite plants that the herbivores of your clan!"
A small garden that's kinda hard to distinguish from its surroundings. The edges are marked with small rocks, and the soil is simply what was already there. The plants are some of the more preferred meals for dragons however, rather than what they normally can find in a forest. Once built, the clan can use five gathering turns in Foraging and sell what is obtained from it, as long as there's a dragon tending to it.
Requirements:
House level: 3
Items:
Ten of any item that can be found in Foraging that also drops in the coliseum. This does not include what comes out of openables.

Example: Black Tulip
Treasure: 20,000
Dragon: Breed has to be one that eats Plants.
Time Required to Finish Upgrade: 10 Days
Pisciculture Pool: Level 1 wrote:
"An odd little pool, filled with harvestable fish for those hungry dragons who prefer their food to be from the water."
A small dug-out pool that simply looks like it's trying to become a pond separate from the one it comes from. However, it has been dug out cleverly to prevent fish from escaping while also keeping them alive and well. It provides a constant supply of easy to obtain fish, great for those who aren't so good at catching them. Once built, the clan can use five gathering turns in Fishing and sell what is obtained from it, as long as there's a dragon tending to it.
Requirements:
Items:
Ten of any item that can be found in Fishing that also drops in the coliseum. This does not include what comes out of openables.

Example: Snowflake Urchin
Dragon: Breed has to be one that eats Seafood.
Pasture: Level 1 wrote:
"A plain full of livestock, ready for easy hunting for the Carnivores in the clan!"
Hardly a plain full of what could hardly be called livestock, the pasture at least is able to keep the creatures within from escaping. A small patch of treeless land, the land is fenced off with carefully stacked tree trunks and filled with whatever woodland creatures can be trapped within it. Once built, the clan can use five gathering turns in Hunting and sell what is obtained from it, as long as there's a dragon tending to it.
Requirements:
Items:
Ten of any item that can be found in Hunting that also drops in the coliseum. This does not include what comes out of openables.

Example: Roan Mouse
Dragon: Breed has to be one that eats Meat.
Hive: Level 1 wrote:
"A small container for insects to make their home, this structure makes it easy for Insectivores to get their fill!"
This hive is more of a collection of foliage that certain insects like to call home surrounded in wood. It makes for a nice isolated ecosystem, but hardly any decide to nest here for prolonged periods. It's still easier to gather insects to eat here than simply run out in the forest and hope to find enough to eat though! Once built, the clan can use five gathering turns in Insect Catching and sell what is obtained from it, as long as there's a dragon tending to it.
Requirements:
Items:
Five of any item that can be found in Insect Catching that also drops in the coliseum. This does not include what comes out of openables.

Example: White Lace Honeybee
Dragon: Breed has to be one that eats Insects.
Prologue:

That place…

A Skydancer raced across the barren earth, his loosely fitted armor clattering loudly against his golden body.

It was a curse…

He fruitlessly spread his wings, the sun reflecting off the golden feathers that glistened like gems in its rays as he attempted to take flight, only to come back crashing down to the ground. He shook the dust from his body before he started back into a sprint, fear wide in his eyes.

What was his purpose?

He mustered up the courage to look back behind him. Despite the distance he had covered since his escape, he could see the shining gold of the temple in the distance, the sun reflecting off its exterior in the same brilliant fashion as his body. He wasted no extra time looking back at where he had escaped, focusing back on the sound of his armored claws striking the parched soil as he dared to go even faster than he already was.

How did he find himself here?

He found himself remembering how he ended up in his current state through the adrenaline coursing through his body and mind. He remembered the two he called his parents. He remembered how they admired him over his ‘siblings’. How he was made in a near perfect image of ‘him’. How he would be worth so much to ‘him’. He was a wondrous treasure to be added to his ‘collection’.

….but there were no siblings that he knew of. He was alone, watched over by the two he had trusted since the day he was born…no. Since he was created. The two took pride in their creation. He was not born, but made. They were quick to make sure he knew that. Yet, he wasn’t alone. He could hear the footsteps of others, but never saw the owners. He was always watched over by ominous statues, some that resembled him, and some that looked like his ‘mother’, their eyes unblinking as they stared into the empty space beyond.

Occasionally he could hear another voice that was not that of his parents. One that sounded bored and disappointed, but sometimes, when he would disobey his guardians cries to return to the vault room, he could hear the voice cackling with maniacal laughter. He never once saw the owner of this voice, but he learned a lot about them.

They were never given a name by his parents. They only ever referred the voice’s owner as ‘Him’ growing angry when he pressured them for a name. They told him that the owner of the voice owned the temple and everything within, displaying his wealth on his body in the form of brilliant golden armor over blood-red garments. A sign of his wealth and the violence and power he wielded to protect it.

But why did he flee the comfort of the temple?

The memories flooded the Skydancer’s mind as he began to focus on them. As he grew older, he understood more about what was going on around him. The piles of gold and jewels that seemed to pour out of every room. The ornate armors and weapons lining every hall he walked down. The luxurious mosaics coating the floors and the brilliantly woven tapestries that decorated the ceilings. The massive wooden doors with stories carved into their faces of the owner of the place he called home.

He had once admired every inch of his place, but he eventually grew to realize his purpose. At first, he had believed that he was born to be trained by ‘Him’ to be a personal assistant or guard. But then he had come to realize there was not a single one to be found in the entire temple, despite how massive it was. It was only populated by his ‘parents’, the owner, and himself, overlooked by the countless statues that lined the halls of varying appearance.

His true purpose…

He remembered the last couple of days in what felt like only a few seconds. The realization that he was to be turned into another golden statue like the rest. Frantically searching for armor resembling what he saw on the decorations in the temple. Disfiguring a statue resembling his ‘mother’ to disguise himself further. Practicing his demeanor to match ‘Him’. The anxiety that wracked his body as he attempted to slip outside the temple past those he dared to call his parents. The first few steps away that nearly left him frozen in terror as he expected ‘Him’ to find out about his escape.

And here he was now, running faster than he thought he could, only the outfit of the disguise left on his body as the statue pieces had long since scattered across the barren ground. It was hot, and the Skydancer found himself gasping for breath, but he dared not to stop. Not until he believed himself to be out of harm’s way.

He didn’t stop until he had stumbled across an expanse of blue that stretched for as far as he could see. He had long since lost sight of the temple, and here, with the stretches of emerald green plants and the calming sound of the water crashing ashore, he found out just how far he had stressed his body. Every inch of him burned with pain as the running he had done caught up with him and the adrenaline wore off. He collapsed onto the ground, panting heavily as he drifted into an exhausted slumber…
Prologue:

That place…

A Skydancer raced across the barren earth, his loosely fitted armor clattering loudly against his golden body.

It was a curse…

He fruitlessly spread his wings, the sun reflecting off the golden feathers that glistened like gems in its rays as he attempted to take flight, only to come back crashing down to the ground. He shook the dust from his body before he started back into a sprint, fear wide in his eyes.

What was his purpose?

He mustered up the courage to look back behind him. Despite the distance he had covered since his escape, he could see the shining gold of the temple in the distance, the sun reflecting off its exterior in the same brilliant fashion as his body. He wasted no extra time looking back at where he had escaped, focusing back on the sound of his armored claws striking the parched soil as he dared to go even faster than he already was.

How did he find himself here?

He found himself remembering how he ended up in his current state through the adrenaline coursing through his body and mind. He remembered the two he called his parents. He remembered how they admired him over his ‘siblings’. How he was made in a near perfect image of ‘him’. How he would be worth so much to ‘him’. He was a wondrous treasure to be added to his ‘collection’.

….but there were no siblings that he knew of. He was alone, watched over by the two he had trusted since the day he was born…no. Since he was created. The two took pride in their creation. He was not born, but made. They were quick to make sure he knew that. Yet, he wasn’t alone. He could hear the footsteps of others, but never saw the owners. He was always watched over by ominous statues, some that resembled him, and some that looked like his ‘mother’, their eyes unblinking as they stared into the empty space beyond.

Occasionally he could hear another voice that was not that of his parents. One that sounded bored and disappointed, but sometimes, when he would disobey his guardians cries to return to the vault room, he could hear the voice cackling with maniacal laughter. He never once saw the owner of this voice, but he learned a lot about them.

They were never given a name by his parents. They only ever referred the voice’s owner as ‘Him’ growing angry when he pressured them for a name. They told him that the owner of the voice owned the temple and everything within, displaying his wealth on his body in the form of brilliant golden armor over blood-red garments. A sign of his wealth and the violence and power he wielded to protect it.

But why did he flee the comfort of the temple?

The memories flooded the Skydancer’s mind as he began to focus on them. As he grew older, he understood more about what was going on around him. The piles of gold and jewels that seemed to pour out of every room. The ornate armors and weapons lining every hall he walked down. The luxurious mosaics coating the floors and the brilliantly woven tapestries that decorated the ceilings. The massive wooden doors with stories carved into their faces of the owner of the place he called home.

He had once admired every inch of his place, but he eventually grew to realize his purpose. At first, he had believed that he was born to be trained by ‘Him’ to be a personal assistant or guard. But then he had come to realize there was not a single one to be found in the entire temple, despite how massive it was. It was only populated by his ‘parents’, the owner, and himself, overlooked by the countless statues that lined the halls of varying appearance.

His true purpose…

He remembered the last couple of days in what felt like only a few seconds. The realization that he was to be turned into another golden statue like the rest. Frantically searching for armor resembling what he saw on the decorations in the temple. Disfiguring a statue resembling his ‘mother’ to disguise himself further. Practicing his demeanor to match ‘Him’. The anxiety that wracked his body as he attempted to slip outside the temple past those he dared to call his parents. The first few steps away that nearly left him frozen in terror as he expected ‘Him’ to find out about his escape.

And here he was now, running faster than he thought he could, only the outfit of the disguise left on his body as the statue pieces had long since scattered across the barren ground. It was hot, and the Skydancer found himself gasping for breath, but he dared not to stop. Not until he believed himself to be out of harm’s way.

He didn’t stop until he had stumbled across an expanse of blue that stretched for as far as he could see. He had long since lost sight of the temple, and here, with the stretches of emerald green plants and the calming sound of the water crashing ashore, he found out just how far he had stressed his body. Every inch of him burned with pain as the running he had done caught up with him and the adrenaline wore off. He collapsed onto the ground, panting heavily as he drifted into an exhausted slumber…
[center][size=4][b]Day One[/b][/size][/center] The pain had faded to a dull throb when he finally woke to the sound of voices. At first, he thought he had been found by the others at the temple, and unable to find the strength to rise to his feet, he simply awaited the punishing words that they would have for him. However, as they drew nearer, he could tell that they were not who he had thought they were. He laid where he was, taking what extra time he could to rest before attention would inevitably be drawn to him. The first voice he could make out words too was young and energetic, “See guys! I told you I smelled treasure along the shore!” A second voice quickly responded, “If you ask me, it looks like a dragon from here.” It was monotonous and unchanging, something unfamiliar to the Skydancer. The first voice spoke again, “But Spoooooore, dragons can’t be treasure! They’re supposed to be the ones collecting it!” A third voice interjected this time, old, irritated, and feminine, “Quiet you two. It looks like he’s alive.” He felt a jab in his side as the voice spoke again, “Ey, kid. You alive enough to wake up?” He slowly opened his eyes, revealing a strange bipedal furred creature of some kind looking over him, a staff in their hands. This was obviously the owner of female voice, confirmed when she spoke up again, “Good. Saves me from having to explain to the youngins why I had to leave ya. Can you stand?” “Yeah, I think so,” He answered, struggling to his feet. He nearly fell over from the sharp pain that filled his legs, but was able to save himself. He quickly shifted to a sitting position, “I don’t think I’ll be able to walk much though.” “Well, that’s good enough for me. Spore, Melancholy, it’s safe for you two now.” The Skydancer was caught off guard by the sudden appearance of two dragons from behind a bush, one covered in purple and green fur, and one that was orange and blue with big frills on their head. They simply stood admiring him for a minute before the furred one tucked his much smaller companion under his wing before dashing up to him. To his surprise, after letting the smaller dragon go, the furry one began to sniff him and his armor before admiring him once more. “You’re so cool! You smell like treasure and a friend!” the first voice had belonged to this little one, and boy, was he a bundle of energy, “So, where did you come from? What’s your name? Where’d you get that armor? Did you...” The frilled dragon interrupted his speaking, “Melancholy, don’t ask so many questions if you don’t give him time to respond.” His was the owner of the second voice the Skydancer had heard. He didn’t say anything after this, allowing his friend to continue. His thought process thrown off, the furred dragon spoke up again, “So, uh, what’s your name?” “I…” The Skydancer started, but as he went to reply, he realized that he was never given one. He never needed one because outside of his ‘parents’ and ‘Him’, he was alone. He always knew that he was the one being spoken to. “I don’t have one.” “Then I’ll call you Treasure!” Melancholy cheerfully responded almost immediately. The frilled dragon, who the Skydancer assumed was Spore now, had other thoughts though, “Melancholy, you can’t just give him a name! What if he’s just forgotten it?” “I really don’t have one though. I don’t think I ever had,” he had sided with the furred dragon, as it was the truth. This caused the non-dragon creature to speak up again, “Ya know, dragons your age normally have one. Are ya certain that you aren’t just forgettin?” She watched him nod before sighing, “Well, then Treasure it is. I’m not in the mood to argue with the others on a more suitin name, so that’ll have to do.” She looked at the two young dragons, the furred one beaming after seeing she had approved of the name he had suggested, “Come on you two. We need to be heading back home.” “Can Treasure come?” Both of the young dragons asked in unison. It was only then that the Skydancer noticed a third dragon, a bit bigger than the other two and as dark as the night. They stuck close to the non-dragon, saying nothing as they eyed the stranger the group had found along the shore. They gently tugged at the shirt she was wearing before mouthing something, and she turned to look back at him. “Of course he can. He’s a bit hurt, but I’m sure he’ll be able to make it.” ----------------------- @Kittychat47 [item=Longneck Mender] Gotta love when I get a familiar on the first day. Guess I have a full party now. Here's the cute little Noc who will be added to the first post! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41736997] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417370/41736997_350.png[/img] [/url] As for plot things, there should hopefully be more answers and information sometime tomorrow since today was just Treasure meeting the others. Depends on how things go for me and what drops from Pinkerton.
Day One

The pain had faded to a dull throb when he finally woke to the sound of voices. At first, he thought he had been found by the others at the temple, and unable to find the strength to rise to his feet, he simply awaited the punishing words that they would have for him. However, as they drew nearer, he could tell that they were not who he had thought they were. He laid where he was, taking what extra time he could to rest before attention would inevitably be drawn to him.

The first voice he could make out words too was young and energetic, “See guys! I told you I smelled treasure along the shore!”

A second voice quickly responded, “If you ask me, it looks like a dragon from here.” It was monotonous and unchanging, something unfamiliar to the Skydancer.

The first voice spoke again, “But Spoooooore, dragons can’t be treasure! They’re supposed to be the ones collecting it!”

A third voice interjected this time, old, irritated, and feminine, “Quiet you two. It looks like he’s alive.” He felt a jab in his side as the voice spoke again, “Ey, kid. You alive enough to wake up?”

He slowly opened his eyes, revealing a strange bipedal furred creature of some kind looking over him, a staff in their hands. This was obviously the owner of female voice, confirmed when she spoke up again, “Good. Saves me from having to explain to the youngins why I had to leave ya. Can you stand?”

“Yeah, I think so,” He answered, struggling to his feet. He nearly fell over from the sharp pain that filled his legs, but was able to save himself. He quickly shifted to a sitting position, “I don’t think I’ll be able to walk much though.”

“Well, that’s good enough for me. Spore, Melancholy, it’s safe for you two now.”

The Skydancer was caught off guard by the sudden appearance of two dragons from behind a bush, one covered in purple and green fur, and one that was orange and blue with big frills on their head. They simply stood admiring him for a minute before the furred one tucked his much smaller companion under his wing before dashing up to him. To his surprise, after letting the smaller dragon go, the furry one began to sniff him and his armor before admiring him once more.

“You’re so cool! You smell like treasure and a friend!” the first voice had belonged to this little one, and boy, was he a bundle of energy, “So, where did you come from? What’s your name? Where’d you get that armor? Did you...”

The frilled dragon interrupted his speaking, “Melancholy, don’t ask so many questions if you don’t give him time to respond.” His was the owner of the second voice the Skydancer had heard. He didn’t say anything after this, allowing his friend to continue.

His thought process thrown off, the furred dragon spoke up again, “So, uh, what’s your name?”

“I…” The Skydancer started, but as he went to reply, he realized that he was never given one. He never needed one because outside of his ‘parents’ and ‘Him’, he was alone. He always knew that he was the one being spoken to. “I don’t have one.”

“Then I’ll call you Treasure!” Melancholy cheerfully responded almost immediately.

The frilled dragon, who the Skydancer assumed was Spore now, had other thoughts though, “Melancholy, you can’t just give him a name! What if he’s just forgotten it?”

“I really don’t have one though. I don’t think I ever had,” he had sided with the furred dragon, as it was the truth.

This caused the non-dragon creature to speak up again, “Ya know, dragons your age normally have one. Are ya certain that you aren’t just forgettin?” She watched him nod before sighing, “Well, then Treasure it is. I’m not in the mood to argue with the others on a more suitin name, so that’ll have to do.” She looked at the two young dragons, the furred one beaming after seeing she had approved of the name he had suggested, “Come on you two. We need to be heading back home.”

“Can Treasure come?” Both of the young dragons asked in unison.

It was only then that the Skydancer noticed a third dragon, a bit bigger than the other two and as dark as the night. They stuck close to the non-dragon, saying nothing as they eyed the stranger the group had found along the shore. They gently tugged at the shirt she was wearing before mouthing something, and she turned to look back at him.

“Of course he can. He’s a bit hurt, but I’m sure he’ll be able to make it.”

@Kittychat47
Longneck Mender
Gotta love when I get a familiar on the first day. Guess I have a full party now.
Here's the cute little Noc who will be added to the first post!

41736997_350.png

As for plot things, there should hopefully be more answers and information sometime tomorrow since today was just Treasure meeting the others. Depends on how things go for me and what drops from Pinkerton.
[center][size=4][b]Day Two[/b][/size][/center] Not much else was discussed that night. Treasure found himself in run-down camp not far from where he was laying as he followed the group of four, and they did their best to set up a place for him to lay for the night. He was given food and fresh water before he fell asleep once again, resting his sore body. The following morning, he learned more about the group that had stumbled across him after he had fled the temple. The strange bipedal creature’s name was Margaret, a member of a species called Longnecks. Her tribe had been destroyed in a flood, and while she was left alive, she had been separated from any other survivors. She had stumbled upon the three young dragons while searching the area, and all three appeared to have been washed away in the flood as well. It didn’t take long for the Longneck to catch onto Treasure’s lack of knowledge of the outside world. He supposed it was when she said Longneck and he looked back at her with confusion. She then pointed to each of the dragons she had found with her staff, asking if he knew what kinds of dragons they were. When he shook his head, she sighed, and did her best to explain what she knew about the three of them. Melancholy was a Tundra. Fluffy, friendly, generally non-violent dragons that have a hard time remembering faces. To aid them with their memory problems, they learned to recognize the scents of those around them as friend or foe. Apparently they liked to dig as well, as Melancholy’s ‘bed’ was just a slowly growing hole in the ground that he had dug himself. Spore was apparently a Fae, the smallest known species of dragons. Known for their magical prowess and using their frills to express emotions, these dragons were more dangerous than their small size suggests. Due to their ways of expressing emotions, it is difficult to determine the tone of their words, but with enough time and experience, almost anyone could pick up on it. Spore currently resided in Margaret’s tent, as he was too young to make a nest of his own using his magic and tree sap. Treasure learned of the third dragon in this conversation. The nearly all-black dragon’s name was Onyx, and he was a breed of dragon known as a Nocturne. Margaret knew very little about the species, stating that she only knew that they liked to mimic those they were around, and were generally nocturnal. Onyx had shown neither of these characteristics yet, as he was incredibly shy and quiet. Margaret didn’t know where he slept, but he would always find his way back into the camp, so she wasn’t worried about him running off. After explaining her small group to Treasure, the Longneck turned her attention towards him, “So, even without a name, ya had to have come from somewhere. So, how ‘bout it?” Treasure didn’t quite know what to tell her. He couldn’t just tell her about the temple, and he couldn’t tell her what exactly he was, but was being pressed for an answer. He ended up doing his best to not give away everything, but to give her enough information to have her at least understand why he didn’t have a name. His voice was shaky as he started, but quickly calmed as he shoved his fear of being caught out of his head, “I’m from a temple back in the desert. Nothing but gold and other valuable things within it. I don’t know what was going on in there myself, but I was apparently born, or rather created, to eventually be turned into another one of the many statues lining the place.” Margaret interrupted him, “So, ya mean to me that you were raised nameless because you’d be turned into a statue?” “I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s the only explanation I could come up with. I was raised alone in a massive temple, with only what you could call my parents, and the owner, who I never once saw in the flesh. I only ever heard his voice and saw what I assumed was his image in tapestries and mosaics.” Treasure paused, thinking of his escape before looking over his armor he wore, still in almost pristine condition. “I take it that fancy armor is part of why you’re here?” The Longneck jabbed at Treasure’s right gauntlet, sending a resounding ring into the still air. “Yeah,” he paused, wondering if he should continue. He had considered leaving it at that, but the young dragons around him were completely in awe at his story, sitting together with their full attention on him as he spoke. He sighed and gave a small smile to them before continuing, “I had been in the temple long enough to get a feel for what the owner was like. From how my supposed parents reacted to his approaching to a room, I guessed that they had never seen him, or they had once, and never wanted to again.” “What did you do then?” Melancholy spoke up suddenly, his excitement barely contained by his tiny body. “Shhhhh. Melancholy, he’s going to tell us! Just wait a moment!” Spore replied, frills expanded. Treasure chuckled a bit at the two, but Onyx remained perfectly still, his eyes locked on the speaker. The Skydancer continued, “It took a while to find all the pieces, especially the ones made of cloth, but eventually, a put on this outfit, took apart one of the statues to help me match the owner’s appearance, and I pretended to be him. I was terrified, but once I had found my way out, I started sprinting. You guys know the rest.” “Quite a story you’ve got there,” Margaret looked back at the children, all of them sharing excited murmurs with one another, “I doubt any reasonable adult dragons will believe such a thing, but they seem to. I personally do too. After livin as long as I have with the risk of malicious dragons threatening your way of life every day, ya start to believe anythin is possible.” “There’s a lot ya need to learn about this world you’ve walked out into. But first, help me get food for the youngins. With luck, you’ll be enough to intimidate the dryads that live in the forest enough for us to gather more food than I’ve been able to alone.” “Dryads?” Margaret sighed, “I’ll explain later.” ------------ @Kittychat47 [item=Garden Lace] Just some writing today. So we find out the Nocturne and the Longneck's name, as well as the fact that Treasure knows next to nothing outside of what he had been told at the temple, which isn't much. He has to learn almost everything there is to know about Sornieth, and here's hoping that the rest of the group can help him along with that. Today he has learned about the group and Dryads, and while he doesn't have its appearance memorized, he has taken a piece of Garden Lace so that he can see if there are Dryads in an area at any given time.
Day Two

Not much else was discussed that night. Treasure found himself in run-down camp not far from where he was laying as he followed the group of four, and they did their best to set up a place for him to lay for the night. He was given food and fresh water before he fell asleep once again, resting his sore body.

The following morning, he learned more about the group that had stumbled across him after he had fled the temple. The strange bipedal creature’s name was Margaret, a member of a species called Longnecks. Her tribe had been destroyed in a flood, and while she was left alive, she had been separated from any other survivors. She had stumbled upon the three young dragons while searching the area, and all three appeared to have been washed away in the flood as well.

It didn’t take long for the Longneck to catch onto Treasure’s lack of knowledge of the outside world. He supposed it was when she said Longneck and he looked back at her with confusion. She then pointed to each of the dragons she had found with her staff, asking if he knew what kinds of dragons they were. When he shook his head, she sighed, and did her best to explain what she knew about the three of them.

Melancholy was a Tundra. Fluffy, friendly, generally non-violent dragons that have a hard time remembering faces. To aid them with their memory problems, they learned to recognize the scents of those around them as friend or foe. Apparently they liked to dig as well, as Melancholy’s ‘bed’ was just a slowly growing hole in the ground that he had dug himself.

Spore was apparently a Fae, the smallest known species of dragons. Known for their magical prowess and using their frills to express emotions, these dragons were more dangerous than their small size suggests. Due to their ways of expressing emotions, it is difficult to determine the tone of their words, but with enough time and experience, almost anyone could pick up on it. Spore currently resided in Margaret’s tent, as he was too young to make a nest of his own using his magic and tree sap.

Treasure learned of the third dragon in this conversation. The nearly all-black dragon’s name was Onyx, and he was a breed of dragon known as a Nocturne. Margaret knew very little about the species, stating that she only knew that they liked to mimic those they were around, and were generally nocturnal. Onyx had shown neither of these characteristics yet, as he was incredibly shy and quiet. Margaret didn’t know where he slept, but he would always find his way back into the camp, so she wasn’t worried about him running off.

After explaining her small group to Treasure, the Longneck turned her attention towards him, “So, even without a name, ya had to have come from somewhere. So, how ‘bout it?”

Treasure didn’t quite know what to tell her. He couldn’t just tell her about the temple, and he couldn’t tell her what exactly he was, but was being pressed for an answer. He ended up doing his best to not give away everything, but to give her enough information to have her at least understand why he didn’t have a name. His voice was shaky as he started, but quickly calmed as he shoved his fear of being caught out of his head, “I’m from a temple back in the desert. Nothing but gold and other valuable things within it. I don’t know what was going on in there myself, but I was apparently born, or rather created, to eventually be turned into another one of the many statues lining the place.”

Margaret interrupted him, “So, ya mean to me that you were raised nameless because you’d be turned into a statue?”

“I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s the only explanation I could come up with. I was raised alone in a massive temple, with only what you could call my parents, and the owner, who I never once saw in the flesh. I only ever heard his voice and saw what I assumed was his image in tapestries and mosaics.” Treasure paused, thinking of his escape before looking over his armor he wore, still in almost pristine condition.

“I take it that fancy armor is part of why you’re here?” The Longneck jabbed at Treasure’s right gauntlet, sending a resounding ring into the still air.

“Yeah,” he paused, wondering if he should continue. He had considered leaving it at that, but the young dragons around him were completely in awe at his story, sitting together with their full attention on him as he spoke. He sighed and gave a small smile to them before continuing, “I had been in the temple long enough to get a feel for what the owner was like. From how my supposed parents reacted to his approaching to a room, I guessed that they had never seen him, or they had once, and never wanted to again.”

“What did you do then?” Melancholy spoke up suddenly, his excitement barely contained by his tiny body.

“Shhhhh. Melancholy, he’s going to tell us! Just wait a moment!” Spore replied, frills expanded.

Treasure chuckled a bit at the two, but Onyx remained perfectly still, his eyes locked on the speaker. The Skydancer continued, “It took a while to find all the pieces, especially the ones made of cloth, but eventually, a put on this outfit, took apart one of the statues to help me match the owner’s appearance, and I pretended to be him. I was terrified, but once I had found my way out, I started sprinting. You guys know the rest.”

“Quite a story you’ve got there,” Margaret looked back at the children, all of them sharing excited murmurs with one another, “I doubt any reasonable adult dragons will believe such a thing, but they seem to. I personally do too. After livin as long as I have with the risk of malicious dragons threatening your way of life every day, ya start to believe anythin is possible.”

“There’s a lot ya need to learn about this world you’ve walked out into. But first, help me get food for the youngins. With luck, you’ll be enough to intimidate the dryads that live in the forest enough for us to gather more food than I’ve been able to alone.”

“Dryads?”

Margaret sighed, “I’ll explain later.”
@Kittychat47
Garden Lace
Just some writing today. So we find out the Nocturne and the Longneck's name, as well as the fact that Treasure knows next to nothing outside of what he had been told at the temple, which isn't much. He has to learn almost everything there is to know about Sornieth, and here's hoping that the rest of the group can help him along with that.

Today he has learned about the group and Dryads, and while he doesn't have its appearance memorized, he has taken a piece of Garden Lace so that he can see if there are Dryads in an area at any given time.
[center][size=4][b]Day Three[/b][/size][/center] @Kittychat47 [item=Blue-Footed Gull] Sorry, no typing today as I am away from home without Wifi or my laptop, so this post is being made using my cellphone. Luckily, no one’s grown up yet, so no fighting was required, but this will be added to the backlog. This makes things fun for whenever I do have to battle though! I should get back to typing tomorrow, so expect something then. I’ll hopefully have writing to make up for this tomorrow.
Day Three

@Kittychat47
Blue-footed Gull

Sorry, no typing today as I am away from home without Wifi or my laptop, so this post is being made using my cellphone. Luckily, no one’s grown up yet, so no fighting was required, but this will be added to the backlog. This makes things fun for whenever I do have to battle though!

I should get back to typing tomorrow, so expect something then. I’ll hopefully have writing to make up for this tomorrow.
[center][size=4][b]Day Four[/b][/size][/center] The dryads residing in the forest that Treasure and Margaret visited didn’t seem to be too aggressive towards the pair, as confrontations between them were few and far between. Usually, the Longneck was able to diffuse any hostility they held towards the two of them, and when a fight would break out, Treasure found he was able to take care of them easily on his own. After the first day, the two almost freely roamed the outer parts of the woods, picking up firewood and food for the others back at camp. It was around this time that Onyx was opening up a bit more to Treasure, often by showing off that his body also glittered a bit like the Skydancer’s in the sun’s rays. While much less noticeable than his, the Nocturne’s body gave off a similar shine to his, but his wings did not, being a patchwork of black and white markings. He also began to mimic Treasure’s eating habits, ditching the breed’s preferred diet of meat for insects. By this point, Treasure had made a nice bedding for himself out of a few specifically placed logs and rummaged remains of fabrics combined with dried grass. Onyx attempted to do the same as he grew closer to the Skydancer, but after many frustrated attempts that ended in failure, the golden dragon found himself with an unexpected guest. He didn’t mind though, simply doing his best to expand his resting area to accommodate for the Nocturne. Margaret approached him the following morning with a strange question. She gestured at his head with her staff as she spoke, “So, I’m guessin ya have no idea what that little gem on your head does?” Treasure was taken aback by the question, “You act as though I don’t.” She gave him a doubtful look, “Is that a yes?” He sighed heavily, “Well, my ‘father’, as you could call him, told me it’s used for sensing emotions, magic, and motives, but I shouldn’t worry about it.” “And why is that?” she pressured. “Long story short, he told me since I was ‘made’ and not ‘born’, I would never be like the rest of my kind,” his gaze shifted towards the hatchlings, “I’ve already tried multiple times with them, especially Spore, but I just can’t.” “Hey, maybe ya can’t behave like the rest of your kind, but those three still look up to ya,” she motioned with her staff, “Ya don’t need a magic gem on your head to confirm that for ya.” There was a moment of silence where the two watched the three youngsters playing around with one another before Margaret spoke up again, “It won’t be long until the three of them will be old enough to learn how to fight.” She paused, a look of dread on her face suddenly, “Can I trust ya to teach them for me?” “Why me?” “I know ya don’t have much trainin yourself, but I doubt I could convince them myself,” there was another pause as she thought about something, “The world’s more dangerous than they think, but I don’t think my words would reach them properly. I trust that you’ll be able to use their existing admiration to inspire them to learn how to fight like ya have.” “But I don’t know how to fight!” “Those dryads thought otherwise,” she started towards the edge of the forest again, stopping suddenly to turn back towards the children, “Treasure and I are going hunting. I expect all of you to remain here while we’re gone.” “Don’t worry, we will!” Melancholy responded cheerfully, Spore uncomfortably tucked under one wing. “I’m fairly certain she’s referring to [i]your[/i] antics!” the Fae retorted, fins spread out aggressively as he struggled. Onyx took a few steps away from the others before he added, “Don’t worry, I’ll keep an eye on them!” There was a smile on his face as he said this, something Margaret took quick notice of. “Well, it seems you’ve gotten through to Onyx. Glad to see he’s gettin to be a bit less anxious around the others,” she started towards the forest again, “Come along. If you’re going to learn how to fight, it’s best to do it now.” “Aren’t you going to help any?” Treasure asked, worried. “I won’t aid you in fightin, but I’ll make sure nothin kills ya. If there’s one thing my tribe taught me, it was healin.” “You make it sound like I’m going to be fighting a lot.” The longneck chuckled, “Trust me, you are.” ---------------- @Kittychat47 [item=Scholar] Thankfully, I flipped Tails. That means I don't have to add this to the backlog. I would hate to go from doing 50 battles to doing 10 in a row for when the others grow up. So...yeah, Treasure can't use his antenna like a normal Skydancer. Lore-wise, he was created, not hatched from an egg, and as such, his 'parents' didn't bother with too many details. As he was created to eventually be turned into a statue, he lacks some things that most other dragons have because of it. In other news, back on my laptop, so I'll be able to continue this! I'm off to go train Treasure some now, and I'm hoping to get him to level 3 or 4 and start building up the treasure pile some. Expect that number to change here soon!
Day Four

The dryads residing in the forest that Treasure and Margaret visited didn’t seem to be too aggressive towards the pair, as confrontations between them were few and far between. Usually, the Longneck was able to diffuse any hostility they held towards the two of them, and when a fight would break out, Treasure found he was able to take care of them easily on his own. After the first day, the two almost freely roamed the outer parts of the woods, picking up firewood and food for the others back at camp.

It was around this time that Onyx was opening up a bit more to Treasure, often by showing off that his body also glittered a bit like the Skydancer’s in the sun’s rays. While much less noticeable than his, the Nocturne’s body gave off a similar shine to his, but his wings did not, being a patchwork of black and white markings. He also began to mimic Treasure’s eating habits, ditching the breed’s preferred diet of meat for insects.

By this point, Treasure had made a nice bedding for himself out of a few specifically placed logs and rummaged remains of fabrics combined with dried grass. Onyx attempted to do the same as he grew closer to the Skydancer, but after many frustrated attempts that ended in failure, the golden dragon found himself with an unexpected guest. He didn’t mind though, simply doing his best to expand his resting area to accommodate for the Nocturne.

Margaret approached him the following morning with a strange question. She gestured at his head with her staff as she spoke, “So, I’m guessin ya have no idea what that little gem on your head does?”

Treasure was taken aback by the question, “You act as though I don’t.”

She gave him a doubtful look, “Is that a yes?”

He sighed heavily, “Well, my ‘father’, as you could call him, told me it’s used for sensing emotions, magic, and motives, but I shouldn’t worry about it.”

“And why is that?” she pressured.

“Long story short, he told me since I was ‘made’ and not ‘born’, I would never be like the rest of my kind,” his gaze shifted towards the hatchlings, “I’ve already tried multiple times with them, especially Spore, but I just can’t.”

“Hey, maybe ya can’t behave like the rest of your kind, but those three still look up to ya,” she motioned with her staff, “Ya don’t need a magic gem on your head to confirm that for ya.”

There was a moment of silence where the two watched the three youngsters playing around with one another before Margaret spoke up again, “It won’t be long until the three of them will be old enough to learn how to fight.” She paused, a look of dread on her face suddenly, “Can I trust ya to teach them for me?”

“Why me?”

“I know ya don’t have much trainin yourself, but I doubt I could convince them myself,” there was another pause as she thought about something, “The world’s more dangerous than they think, but I don’t think my words would reach them properly. I trust that you’ll be able to use their existing admiration to inspire them to learn how to fight like ya have.”

“But I don’t know how to fight!”

“Those dryads thought otherwise,” she started towards the edge of the forest again, stopping suddenly to turn back towards the children, “Treasure and I are going hunting. I expect all of you to remain here while we’re gone.”

“Don’t worry, we will!” Melancholy responded cheerfully, Spore uncomfortably tucked under one wing.

“I’m fairly certain she’s referring to your antics!” the Fae retorted, fins spread out aggressively as he struggled.

Onyx took a few steps away from the others before he added, “Don’t worry, I’ll keep an eye on them!” There was a smile on his face as he said this, something Margaret took quick notice of.

“Well, it seems you’ve gotten through to Onyx. Glad to see he’s gettin to be a bit less anxious around the others,” she started towards the forest again, “Come along. If you’re going to learn how to fight, it’s best to do it now.”

“Aren’t you going to help any?” Treasure asked, worried.

“I won’t aid you in fightin, but I’ll make sure nothin kills ya. If there’s one thing my tribe taught me, it was healin.”

“You make it sound like I’m going to be fighting a lot.”

The longneck chuckled, “Trust me, you are.”

@Kittychat47
Scholar
Thankfully, I flipped Tails. That means I don't have to add this to the backlog. I would hate to go from doing 50 battles to doing 10 in a row for when the others grow up.

So...yeah, Treasure can't use his antenna like a normal Skydancer. Lore-wise, he was created, not hatched from an egg, and as such, his 'parents' didn't bother with too many details. As he was created to eventually be turned into a statue, he lacks some things that most other dragons have because of it.

In other news, back on my laptop, so I'll be able to continue this! I'm off to go train Treasure some now, and I'm hoping to get him to level 3 or 4 and start building up the treasure pile some. Expect that number to change here soon!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12