Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WC] Deep Sea Discoveries
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Krycelli May I please be added to the pinglist? I love this idea! Thank you :3

I was the first to spot the strange, mystical, horrifying creature. The first thing I noticed was the single bulging red eye in the center of it's body. It's located right above it's sharp fangs that actually seem to glow through its mouth. Upon capture we were able to get a better look and took note of the long dark pinkish tendrils floating all around it's body. The best way to describe them is almost like a jellyfish's tendrils. However, it doesn't look nor move like one. Its pale shape molds to fit into anything, it's tendrils moving with its slimy, mushy body. It moves by lengthening and shortening its body in order to propel itself forward. We're not sure how dangerous it is, and further examination is to be conducted, no matter how creepy it is to have its eye follow our every move.
@Krycelli May I please be added to the pinglist? I love this idea! Thank you :3

I was the first to spot the strange, mystical, horrifying creature. The first thing I noticed was the single bulging red eye in the center of it's body. It's located right above it's sharp fangs that actually seem to glow through its mouth. Upon capture we were able to get a better look and took note of the long dark pinkish tendrils floating all around it's body. The best way to describe them is almost like a jellyfish's tendrils. However, it doesn't look nor move like one. Its pale shape molds to fit into anything, it's tendrils moving with its slimy, mushy body. It moves by lengthening and shortening its body in order to propel itself forward. We're not sure how dangerous it is, and further examination is to be conducted, no matter how creepy it is to have its eye follow our every move.
qVhWRny.png
@Krycelli add me please!

What is the beast?

How large is she? Massive, the rumors say. Estimates are everywhere, but this they can agree on. She is long enough to dwarf any Imperial, the only being comparable in size an Emperor they say. Long as a river, with a head large enough to swallow a Snapper whole, large enough to eat Fae like popcorn. Perhaps she does.

Her appearance? Vaguely like a Maren they say. Perhaps she is a vile ancestor of the creatures at our shores? Her tail is most of her length, long spines lining her back. Her scales are a dark color that blends into the dark, either blue or green or some other color. Her tail is like that of a demonic viperfish, or perhaps an eel, deadly sharp and pockmarked with wounds from centuries of battles. Her hands, if they can even be called that, are contorted claws, built for tearing things apart with ease. She looks bony, as though no amount of food could ease her hunger. Her skin is an unnatural color, more comparable with mummified remains than that of the living.

Her face is nothing like the Maren. A mouth like an anglerfish juts out, huge yellowed teeth a menacing glint in the darkness, some poking out through skin they long ago tore through. Lobed gills pulse against her neck, algae clinging to the ends. Two sits function as a nose. Long spiny fins serve as ears, constantly adjusting to listen. Cords of hair like thin fish bones tangles together, trophies of past victories intertwined within. Several unblinking dark eyes peer through the depths of the abyss, searching for her next prey. She must have an impeccable ability to sense the living, as most who go looking for her never return.
@Krycelli add me please!

What is the beast?

How large is she? Massive, the rumors say. Estimates are everywhere, but this they can agree on. She is long enough to dwarf any Imperial, the only being comparable in size an Emperor they say. Long as a river, with a head large enough to swallow a Snapper whole, large enough to eat Fae like popcorn. Perhaps she does.

Her appearance? Vaguely like a Maren they say. Perhaps she is a vile ancestor of the creatures at our shores? Her tail is most of her length, long spines lining her back. Her scales are a dark color that blends into the dark, either blue or green or some other color. Her tail is like that of a demonic viperfish, or perhaps an eel, deadly sharp and pockmarked with wounds from centuries of battles. Her hands, if they can even be called that, are contorted claws, built for tearing things apart with ease. She looks bony, as though no amount of food could ease her hunger. Her skin is an unnatural color, more comparable with mummified remains than that of the living.

Her face is nothing like the Maren. A mouth like an anglerfish juts out, huge yellowed teeth a menacing glint in the darkness, some poking out through skin they long ago tore through. Lobed gills pulse against her neck, algae clinging to the ends. Two sits function as a nose. Long spiny fins serve as ears, constantly adjusting to listen. Cords of hair like thin fish bones tangles together, trophies of past victories intertwined within. Several unblinking dark eyes peer through the depths of the abyss, searching for her next prey. She must have an impeccable ability to sense the living, as most who go looking for her never return.
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
@Krycelli Pinglist please!

From far away, it seems to be a blob-like mass, flowing and undulating with the ocean currents. It glows a bright blue, illuminating the abyss around it as it floats alone. Upon further inspection, though, the blob is actually made up of tiny translucent specks, smaller than a fish egg, but covered with numerous cilia-like tentacles. They squirm around in their close proximity with one another, forming a tight-knit community. The colony forms an unstable spherical shape, with a hollow inside surrounded by a thin layer of the tiny organisms. The salt water within contains high levels of nutrients that the organisms give off and share with one another. The colony is a hive mind, and when one section is destroyed or eaten, the other organisms quickly close off the gap and start to repair their colony to its previous size.
@Krycelli Pinglist please!

From far away, it seems to be a blob-like mass, flowing and undulating with the ocean currents. It glows a bright blue, illuminating the abyss around it as it floats alone. Upon further inspection, though, the blob is actually made up of tiny translucent specks, smaller than a fish egg, but covered with numerous cilia-like tentacles. They squirm around in their close proximity with one another, forming a tight-knit community. The colony forms an unstable spherical shape, with a hollow inside surrounded by a thin layer of the tiny organisms. The salt water within contains high levels of nutrients that the organisms give off and share with one another. The colony is a hive mind, and when one section is destroyed or eaten, the other organisms quickly close off the gap and start to repair their colony to its previous size.
quill.png
@Krycelli Can you add me to the pinglist? Thank you! :D Also, my entry is around 300 words; I was having trouble shaving it down. Does it still work? ---------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32507737] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/325078/32507737_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Field Notes: Appearance[/b] We expected our first mission to be a wash. It almost was. The Leviathan Trench is a desolate, unforgiving place that has been explored very little, and the rocky sea floor around it seems entirely unnoteworthy. This is what drew us into Cragmaw's trap. See, amongst the barren wastes of Sornieth's undersea crust, we located what appeared to be a small pocket of life: small, pale green and pink coral formations; a few snails, fish, and tubeworms. The formations grew upon a rock jutting out above the abyss of the trench, and beneath the little ledge of life was an opening. A cave, perhaps. My crew was ecstatic, this was the breakthrough we were looking for! A cave that held possible new species of deep sea life! Foolishly, we had the captain of our rickety submarine pilot it toward the cliff with a wave of his claws across the wheels. And then it happened. The waters began to grow turbulent. The sub was having trouble keeping its forward path. To our horror, the cliff began to rumble and slowly extend towards us. This rock was [i]alive,[/i] and staring at us with two red eyes that opened upon the sides of the triangular rock formation. We could see the land itself behind the cliff moving with it, quaking tremendously and throwing a thick cloud of dust up into the ocean. As we manned the controls and began turning the vessel back the way it came, we could see the cave open up, revealing itself as the great maw of a rocky, turtle-like beast that had buried itself in the side of the cliff, waiting for prey just like us. We barely escaped. The clawed ends of its flat limbs grazed our submarine, creating a metallic screech that will haunt my dreams for years to come. I am lucky to be alive.
@Krycelli Can you add me to the pinglist? Thank you! :D

Also, my entry is around 300 words; I was having trouble shaving it down. Does it still work?

32507737_350.png

Field Notes: Appearance

We expected our first mission to be a wash.

It almost was.

The Leviathan Trench is a desolate, unforgiving place that has been explored very little, and the rocky sea floor around it seems entirely unnoteworthy. This is what drew us into Cragmaw's trap.

See, amongst the barren wastes of Sornieth's undersea crust, we located what appeared to be a small pocket of life: small, pale green and pink coral formations; a few snails, fish, and tubeworms. The formations grew upon a rock jutting out above the abyss of the trench, and beneath the little ledge of life was an opening. A cave, perhaps. My crew was ecstatic, this was the breakthrough we were looking for! A cave that held possible new species of deep sea life! Foolishly, we had the captain of our rickety submarine pilot it toward the cliff with a wave of his claws across the wheels.

And then it happened. The waters began to grow turbulent. The sub was having trouble keeping its forward path.

To our horror, the cliff began to rumble and slowly extend towards us. This rock was alive, and staring at us with two red eyes that opened upon the sides of the triangular rock formation. We could see the land itself behind the cliff moving with it, quaking tremendously and throwing a thick cloud of dust up into the ocean.

As we manned the controls and began turning the vessel back the way it came, we could see the cave open up, revealing itself as the great maw of a rocky, turtle-like beast that had buried itself in the side of the cliff, waiting for prey just like us.

We barely escaped.

The clawed ends of its flat limbs grazed our submarine, creating a metallic screech that will haunt my dreams for years to come.

I am lucky to be alive.

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
@Krycelli Please add me to the pinglist! (This is a bit long, sorry, I will keep the count down in the future)

The most unnerving thing is that it looks unremarkable, at first glance. Almost exactly like a sea turtle, its shell maybe a shade darker that you'd expect, but nonetheless recognizable. I almost moved on, when I first spotted it, in search of more interesting creatures. After all, that was the point of booking a deep-sea submarine expedition.

But then I remembered - Yes, this is a deep-sea expedition. I may know more about land creatures than aquatic ones, but this... We were in the Leviathan Trench. I'm not sure how far down sea turtles tend to dive, but this was far too deep.

I pressed my face against the glass, trying to get a better look at it. On closer examination, the shell was not divided into plates like a turtle. It was covered in scales - dragon scales, or close enough to them that I couldn't tell the difference. The color was strange - it seemed to shift with the current, or perhaps with my own state of mind, I don't know. I can only say that it's the kind of color you can't stand to look at, and yet can't tear yourself away.

And the limbs that jutted out of the shell... It took me too long to realize what was wrong, but when I did, I almost cried out. You know, there are things that we don't realize we notice, but when they're changed, we feel like something is deeply wrong. Because a limb - it should only have two joints, right? But as I watched its limbs move with the currents, I counted, with a strange sense of horror, four distinct joints per limb.

And when I finally gathered the courage to look at its head - I don't know why I was so afraid, but I was, I was, I still am - I found its enormous milky eyes fixed on me.

(I'll admit I did yelp a little, this time.)
@Krycelli Please add me to the pinglist! (This is a bit long, sorry, I will keep the count down in the future)

The most unnerving thing is that it looks unremarkable, at first glance. Almost exactly like a sea turtle, its shell maybe a shade darker that you'd expect, but nonetheless recognizable. I almost moved on, when I first spotted it, in search of more interesting creatures. After all, that was the point of booking a deep-sea submarine expedition.

But then I remembered - Yes, this is a deep-sea expedition. I may know more about land creatures than aquatic ones, but this... We were in the Leviathan Trench. I'm not sure how far down sea turtles tend to dive, but this was far too deep.

I pressed my face against the glass, trying to get a better look at it. On closer examination, the shell was not divided into plates like a turtle. It was covered in scales - dragon scales, or close enough to them that I couldn't tell the difference. The color was strange - it seemed to shift with the current, or perhaps with my own state of mind, I don't know. I can only say that it's the kind of color you can't stand to look at, and yet can't tear yourself away.

And the limbs that jutted out of the shell... It took me too long to realize what was wrong, but when I did, I almost cried out. You know, there are things that we don't realize we notice, but when they're changed, we feel like something is deeply wrong. Because a limb - it should only have two joints, right? But as I watched its limbs move with the currents, I counted, with a strange sense of horror, four distinct joints per limb.

And when I finally gathered the courage to look at its head - I don't know why I was so afraid, but I was, I was, I still am - I found its enormous milky eyes fixed on me.

(I'll admit I did yelp a little, this time.)
Artemis | She/her | FR+1
@Krycelli pinglist, please!

It was not, in fact, the overwhelming scale of the gaping maw, that had him frozen in fear. Actually, the massive creature -whose mouth he was currently floating inside of- would have been a preferable discovery to recant later.

No - it was something much worse.

It was small, and that meant something coming from a Fae. It had seemed to be a single strange growth at first, almost like a ball of moss. But the moment he noticed it, the thing shot out a puff of cloudy water towards him, a single thread from the mass following close behind. Before he could stop it, it had trailed over a single clawtip. More threads burst out, the mound unraveling more, not seeming to get any smaller as the threads wound around wings, tail, and limbs. Each strand began to send out shoots of its own, weaving over and around the other threads. Filaments started to pull at his face, and his startled burst of Light magic showed the whole of it. The inside walls of the giant creature's mouth were thick with the same material or monster that now had him completely immobilized. It was a sickly, dead-looking green, and the threads looked like they were decaying, even as they purposefully moved, strong as ever. The original mass had pulled away from the wall, and now he could see its brain-like center, and from it, a single thread splitting into the rest.
@Krycelli pinglist, please!

It was not, in fact, the overwhelming scale of the gaping maw, that had him frozen in fear. Actually, the massive creature -whose mouth he was currently floating inside of- would have been a preferable discovery to recant later.

No - it was something much worse.

It was small, and that meant something coming from a Fae. It had seemed to be a single strange growth at first, almost like a ball of moss. But the moment he noticed it, the thing shot out a puff of cloudy water towards him, a single thread from the mass following close behind. Before he could stop it, it had trailed over a single clawtip. More threads burst out, the mound unraveling more, not seeming to get any smaller as the threads wound around wings, tail, and limbs. Each strand began to send out shoots of its own, weaving over and around the other threads. Filaments started to pull at his face, and his startled burst of Light magic showed the whole of it. The inside walls of the giant creature's mouth were thick with the same material or monster that now had him completely immobilized. It was a sickly, dead-looking green, and the threads looked like they were decaying, even as they purposefully moved, strong as ever. The original mass had pulled away from the wall, and now he could see its brain-like center, and from it, a single thread splitting into the rest.
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
[center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/1292.png[/img][/center] "It has amber spit." The translation from the mer-folk was choppy at best. It wasn't much info to go off at all and was hardly worth the bartering it took to get it. [i]Amber spit? [/i] Never had a a recording of wings or a tail been made. Nary an ear, fin, or horn was ever seen. The creature was entirely bare--its skin an itchy, translucent membrane. The skin was pink and plush like a newborn bird or rodent. Its face was smooth and eyeless. The head sucked into its body at will, like a turtle that had been transfigured into a worm. And it bobbled through the water with numerous water jet-powered nubs all along its body. Odd, and so far a useless creature. Petitions have been called to dub it the "Salty Saveloy," to honor its pink body, long like a delicious sav. The mer-folk had been honest though. It had amber spit.
1292.png

"It has amber spit."

The translation from the mer-folk was choppy at best. It wasn't much info to go off at all and was hardly worth the bartering it took to get it.

Amber spit?

Never had a a recording of wings or a tail been made. Nary an ear, fin, or horn was ever seen.
The creature was entirely bare--its skin an itchy, translucent membrane.
The skin was pink and plush like a newborn bird or rodent.

Its face was smooth and eyeless. The head sucked into its body at will, like a turtle that had been transfigured into a worm.
And it bobbled through the water with numerous water jet-powered nubs all along its body.

Odd, and so far a useless creature. Petitions have been called to dub it the "Salty Saveloy," to honor its pink body, long like a delicious sav.

The mer-folk had been honest though.

It had amber spit.
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1110401] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/11105/1110401_350.png[/img] [/url] All that can be said is that it has gathered the interest of the Sovereign, which they have sent several members to observe. Amongst the team is Melar, Nephele, Azramas, and Nalyth. Azramas was sent last evening to scout the creature. These are her words: "It's body glows a deep, ruby red. I have noticed it can move with such speed, whether due to swimming or magic, that is unknown. It's larger than any Imperial I have ever seen, it's tail the length of a four full grown Spirals. It gives off a powerful aura. 'Don't come near.' I stay as far away as I can while reviewing it. It's tail is whip like, constantly moving back and forth. If I had to say, it acts as a propeller. It appears to have arms and legs, but I can't make out the details. They don't seem to help the creature move, only it's tail. I watch it longer as it moves slowly through the depth. For whatever reason, it seems to know I'm watching and doesn't appear to want to make a fast getaway. Suddenly, a small group of sea turtles swim by, unusual for this deep down but not unheard of. The creatures tail lashes out and stabs straight through one of the turtles and I gulp. The power of it's tail is amazing. Slowly, it turns it's massive head towards me, regarding me with glowing eyes, and gives me a toothy grin. I am now well aware of what fear truly is."

1110401_350.png

All that can be said is that it has gathered the interest of the Sovereign, which they have sent several members to observe. Amongst the team is Melar, Nephele, Azramas, and Nalyth.

Azramas was sent last evening to scout the creature. These are her words:

"It's body glows a deep, ruby red. I have noticed it can move with such speed, whether due to swimming or magic, that is unknown. It's larger than any Imperial I have ever seen, it's tail the length of a four full grown Spirals. It gives off a powerful aura. 'Don't come near.' I stay as far away as I can while reviewing it. It's tail is whip like, constantly moving back and forth. If I had to say, it acts as a propeller. It appears to have arms and legs, but I can't make out the details. They don't seem to help the creature move, only it's tail. I watch it longer as it moves slowly through the depth. For whatever reason, it seems to know I'm watching and doesn't appear to want to make a fast getaway.

Suddenly, a small group of sea turtles swim by, unusual for this deep down but not unheard of. The creatures tail lashes out and stabs straight through one of the turtles and I gulp. The power of it's tail is amazing. Slowly, it turns it's massive head towards me, regarding me with glowing eyes, and gives me a toothy grin. I am now well aware of what fear truly is."
Pinglist updated to here, and prizes have been updated!

Prompt 2 will be released later this evening!
Pinglist updated to here, and prizes have been updated!

Prompt 2 will be released later this evening!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
I'm aware that I'm a tiny bit late, but I'm from a FR+9 zone, so I lose precious hours sleeping away the day or being AFK. I hope you understand.
---

The creature leers at him with orange-coloured eyes through the glass of the ocean-walker. The magical construct protects the inmates from the cold water and pressure which would otherwise tear them apart— but that’s far from the mind of Christoph. His talons shake as he clutches his notes together. Excitement makes him giddy, making his writing on the parchment all the more illegible.

“You are one fat son of a dragon,” he breathes.

The creature inflates its blue-ringed grey collars and displays its needle-like teeth with a snarl. Christoph doesn’t know if it understood him, or if it feels threatened in general. Its body is of a seal, but the head resembles a Chlamydosaurus – a frilled-neck lizard. Christoph notes that it has two lower fins and an upper one running down its spine, presumably good for navigation. A powerful tail keeps him in place, lazily waving back and forth, but growing more agitated as the seconds go by.
Suddenly its otherwise cream-coloured stomach flares with luminescent light, and the creature rams its head into the glass. Christoph startles so hard, his glasses hit the ground. He scrambles backwards, but doesn’t get far as a paw between his wings stops him.

“Careful with the staring, Christoph.” Professor Colombo pats him on the shoulder. “Ah, a Depin. A nice find, I admit, but not the specimen we are looking for.” He chuckles. “They are piscivorous. They can’t be behind the disappearances. We shall proceed further. ” His greying mane whooshes in the air as he leaves the cabin.
I'm aware that I'm a tiny bit late, but I'm from a FR+9 zone, so I lose precious hours sleeping away the day or being AFK. I hope you understand.
---

The creature leers at him with orange-coloured eyes through the glass of the ocean-walker. The magical construct protects the inmates from the cold water and pressure which would otherwise tear them apart— but that’s far from the mind of Christoph. His talons shake as he clutches his notes together. Excitement makes him giddy, making his writing on the parchment all the more illegible.

“You are one fat son of a dragon,” he breathes.

The creature inflates its blue-ringed grey collars and displays its needle-like teeth with a snarl. Christoph doesn’t know if it understood him, or if it feels threatened in general. Its body is of a seal, but the head resembles a Chlamydosaurus – a frilled-neck lizard. Christoph notes that it has two lower fins and an upper one running down its spine, presumably good for navigation. A powerful tail keeps him in place, lazily waving back and forth, but growing more agitated as the seconds go by.
Suddenly its otherwise cream-coloured stomach flares with luminescent light, and the creature rams its head into the glass. Christoph startles so hard, his glasses hit the ground. He scrambles backwards, but doesn’t get far as a paw between his wings stops him.

“Careful with the staring, Christoph.” Professor Colombo pats him on the shoulder. “Ah, a Depin. A nice find, I admit, but not the specimen we are looking for.” He chuckles. “They are piscivorous. They can’t be behind the disappearances. We shall proceed further. ” His greying mane whooshes in the air as he leaves the cabin.
9653400.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15