Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Timelocke Guidebook (a locke challenge)
1 2 3 4
[center][b]Timelocke Nuzlocke Guide[/b][/center] [center][i]by CleverDual and Petall[/i][/center] Welcome to the newest variation of Pinkerlockes!! Have you ever wanted to participate in a Pinkerlocke, but find it a little to overwhelming? Is one pull a day bogging you down (or holding you back)? Do you want the fun of a Pinkerlocke while still holding a little more control?? Then the Timelocke is for you! If you don't know what a Pinkerlocke is, check out [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162#post_1904162]this thread[/url] here. A Timelocke is based around writing and expanding lore for your dragons. You basically use a random number generator to determine (most) everything that happens to a set of your dragons. [quote=How To Play] [b]Basic Rules[/b] [LIST] [*] When a dragon hits a death number (explained later), that dragon MUST be exalted - this is the life blood of every locke. [*] Write - don't get to bogged down in the menial tasks of hoping for a certian pull...BE CREATIVE! [*] There are no rules about dressing your dragons, giving them apparel, or getting them art...just have fun with it! [*] Every update MUST correspond with a number generation. [*] You can start your Timelocke with however many dragons you want, however three is the recommended number. Just follow the New Dragon Rules! [/LIST] [b]Rolls[/b] set your random number generator for 1 - 170 [b]1 - 50[/b] -- challenge - roll to see if your team of dragons survive [quote=Challenge Rules] When you get a challenge, the first thing to do is take note of the number you rolled (1 - 50). That is the number of 'battles' or rolls you must complete. Choose your difficulty mode and begin. [i]easymode[/i] - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is in danger. Roll to see who it is, and then roll between 1 and 2. If it is one, they live. If it is 2, they die. Once a dragon has been in danger, your challenge is over. [i]neutralmode[/i] - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is going to die. Roll to see who it is. Once a dragon has died, your challenge is over. [i]hardmode[/i] - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is going to die. Roll to see who it is. Even if a dragon dies, continue your challenge until you have finished all battles. When a dragon dies in a challenge, YOU MUST EXALT IT! This is the most essential piece of playing a Timelocke. [/quote] [b]51 - 150[/b] -- neutral - develop your characters, create more depth in your locke [b]151 - 165 [/b]-- new dragon - purchase a new dragon off the AH using the following rules [quote=New Dragon Rules] Roll from 1 - 14 to determine the breed of the dragon. [LIST=1] [*] fae [*] gaurdian [*] mirror [*] pearlcatcher [*] ridgeback [*] tundra [*] spiral [*] imperial [*] snapper [*] wildclaw [*] nocturne [*] cotal [*] skydancer [*] bogsneak [/LIST] Roll from 1 - 11 to determine the element of the dragon. [LIST=1] [*] earth [*] fire [*] wind [*] water [*] shadow [*] ice [*] lightning [*] light [*] nature [*] plague [*] arcane [/LIST] After that, it is up to you. Here are some variations: [LIST] [*]Pick the cheapest dragon in the AH that meets the requirements. [*]Choose your favorite dragon (in a certain price range). [*]Purchase the first named dragon. [*]Buy the first dragon with something in it's bio. [*]Go with a certain gene. [*]or....ANY OTHER VARIATION YOU WANT! [/LIST] [/quote] [b]166 - 170[/b] -- breed a nest - if there is a pair that is RTB and is alright to have a nest lore-wise, breed them. If not, see the rules. [quote=Breed a Nest Rules] If you can, breed a nest. When it hatches, roll 1 - 2 for each hatching. 1 = the hatchling survives 2 = the hatchling dies HOWEVER if there is only one egg, the hatchling will automatically survive. IF all of the hatchlings roll to die, roll for one of them to survive. This way, at least one dragon will survive from each nest. AAAAAAAAND if you do not have a pair RTB (or it doesn't make sense, lore-wise), you have two options. EITHER hatch an elemental egg OR buy the cheapest hatchling on the AH. [/quote] [center][i]there will be many many more added as we figure this out, but these are all the rolls to start with[/i][/center] Note from CleverDual and Petall: please feel free to add/change any rules to suit your game. The whole point of this is that it works out for each player. We will be adding a ton more rolls as we continue, but feel no need to include those. :D [/quote] If you have any questions, please ask either myself (@CleverDual) or my co-creator (@Petall). We will be happy to help you out! :D Also, if you decide to write a Timelocke, we would both love to get a ping so we can check it out! :D
Timelocke Nuzlocke Guide
by CleverDual and Petall

Welcome to the newest variation of Pinkerlockes!!

Have you ever wanted to participate in a Pinkerlocke, but find it a little to overwhelming? Is one pull a day bogging you down (or holding you back)? Do you want the fun of a Pinkerlocke while still holding a little more control?? Then the Timelocke is for you!

If you don't know what a Pinkerlocke is, check out this thread here.

A Timelocke is based around writing and expanding lore for your dragons. You basically use a random number generator to determine (most) everything that happens to a set of your dragons.

How To Play wrote:
Basic Rules
  • When a dragon hits a death number (explained later), that dragon MUST be exalted - this is the life blood of every locke.
  • Write - don't get to bogged down in the menial tasks of hoping for a certian pull...BE CREATIVE!
  • There are no rules about dressing your dragons, giving them apparel, or getting them art...just have fun with it!
  • Every update MUST correspond with a number generation.
  • You can start your Timelocke with however many dragons you want, however three is the recommended number. Just follow the New Dragon Rules!

Rolls

set your random number generator for 1 - 170

1 - 50 -- challenge - roll to see if your team of dragons survive

Challenge Rules wrote:
When you get a challenge, the first thing to do is take note of the number you rolled (1 - 50). That is the number of 'battles' or rolls you must complete. Choose your difficulty mode and begin.

easymode - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is in danger. Roll to see who it is, and then roll between 1 and 2. If it is one, they live. If it is 2, they die. Once a dragon has been in danger, your challenge is over.

neutralmode - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is going to die. Roll to see who it is. Once a dragon has died, your challenge is over.

hardmode - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is going to die. Roll to see who it is. Even if a dragon dies, continue your challenge until you have finished all battles.

When a dragon dies in a challenge, YOU MUST EXALT IT! This is the most essential piece of playing a Timelocke.

51 - 150 -- neutral - develop your characters, create more depth in your locke

151 - 165 -- new dragon - purchase a new dragon off the AH using the following rules
New Dragon Rules wrote:
Roll from 1 - 14 to determine the breed of the dragon.
  1. fae
  2. gaurdian
  3. mirror
  4. pearlcatcher
  5. ridgeback
  6. tundra
  7. spiral
  8. imperial
  9. snapper
  10. wildclaw
  11. nocturne
  12. cotal
  13. skydancer
  14. bogsneak

Roll from 1 - 11 to determine the element of the dragon.
  1. earth
  2. fire
  3. wind
  4. water
  5. shadow
  6. ice
  7. lightning
  8. light
  9. nature
  10. plague
  11. arcane

After that, it is up to you. Here are some variations:
  • Pick the cheapest dragon in the AH that meets the requirements.
  • Choose your favorite dragon (in a certain price range).
  • Purchase the first named dragon.
  • Buy the first dragon with something in it's bio.
  • Go with a certain gene.
  • or....ANY OTHER VARIATION YOU WANT!

166 - 170 -- breed a nest - if there is a pair that is RTB and is alright to have a nest lore-wise, breed them. If not, see the rules.
Breed a Nest Rules wrote:
If you can, breed a nest. When it hatches, roll 1 - 2 for each hatching.
1 = the hatchling survives
2 = the hatchling dies

HOWEVER if there is only one egg, the hatchling will automatically survive.
IF all of the hatchlings roll to die, roll for one of them to survive.

This way, at least one dragon will survive from each nest.

AAAAAAAAND if you do not have a pair RTB (or it doesn't make sense, lore-wise), you have two options.

EITHER hatch an elemental egg OR buy the cheapest hatchling on the AH.
there will be many many more added as we figure this out, but these are all the rolls to start with

Note from CleverDual and Petall: please feel free to add/change any rules to suit your game. The whole point of this is that it works out for each player. We will be adding a ton more rolls as we continue, but feel no need to include those. :D

If you have any questions, please ask either myself (@CleverDual) or my co-creator (@Petall). We will be happy to help you out! :D

Also, if you decide to write a Timelocke, we would both love to get a ping so we can check it out! :D
claim for faq
claim for faq
one more claim for good measure
one more claim for good measure
@Petall here it is!
@Petall here it is!
@CleverDual

Let me know if I need to delete this.

This Locke appeals to my gamer heart, and is probably one of those ones I'll actually finish. Much applause. Now I need to go plot.
@CleverDual

Let me know if I need to delete this.

This Locke appeals to my gamer heart, and is probably one of those ones I'll actually finish. Much applause. Now I need to go plot.
@CoraRosi You do NOT need to delete it!!! And thank you so much for showing interest! I would love to be put on the pinglist for your Timelocke when it starts! :D
@CoraRosi You do NOT need to delete it!!! And thank you so much for showing interest! I would love to be put on the pinglist for your Timelocke when it starts! :D
Ohhhhh, I like this. @CleverDual these rules seem a lot easier. I’m currently doing a Pinkerlocke myself. I’m not really liking it so far due to mostly getting materials and trinkets.
I do have some questions though, how would one start this out? Would they have to exalt all other dragons the their lair or can they get a set of dragons from the AH using the 151-165 roll rule? Or can one use permanent dragons to give extra drama when a dragon has to be exalted? (That’s it for now)
Ohhhhh, I like this. @CleverDual these rules seem a lot easier. I’m currently doing a Pinkerlocke myself. I’m not really liking it so far due to mostly getting materials and trinkets.
I do have some questions though, how would one start this out? Would they have to exalt all other dragons the their lair or can they get a set of dragons from the AH using the 151-165 roll rule? Or can one use permanent dragons to give extra drama when a dragon has to be exalted? (That’s it for now)
ibJfUec.png bqij4ya.png 4sMOFQ8.png profile_by_cas_a_fras-day7emf.png
@Erenee13 I am so glad you are interested!!

No, you in no way need to get rid of your current clan. My friend and I developed his as a way to run a second clan. (We were lamenting the fact that you couldn’t have two clans, and then decided to come up with this.)

The best dinner of dragons (in my opinion) to start with is three. Go to the AH, and use the new dragon rules to find your dragons! :D I would love to get a ping when you start!!
@Erenee13 I am so glad you are interested!!

No, you in no way need to get rid of your current clan. My friend and I developed his as a way to run a second clan. (We were lamenting the fact that you couldn’t have two clans, and then decided to come up with this.)

The best dinner of dragons (in my opinion) to start with is three. Go to the AH, and use the new dragon rules to find your dragons! :D I would love to get a ping when you start!!
@CleverDaul sorry, I thought of a couple more questions before I begin this.

A) are we allowed to roll/generate a number more than once a day? Like the pinkerlocke I dislike that once we get that one item a day we can’t do much after that item until another day. For a specific example, say I regenerate a number in the breeding area. If I already have a nest started and I still want to play with my timelocke clan/group can I regenerate a number and do whatever number I get?

B) if we get any of our Timelocke clan/group members to 25 can we retire them?

Also, I really like the name timelocke. It reminds me think of Doctor who, and it’s really attempting to get fandom dergs. However those are supposed to be special so I think not to start with.
@CleverDaul sorry, I thought of a couple more questions before I begin this.

A) are we allowed to roll/generate a number more than once a day? Like the pinkerlocke I dislike that once we get that one item a day we can’t do much after that item until another day. For a specific example, say I regenerate a number in the breeding area. If I already have a nest started and I still want to play with my timelocke clan/group can I regenerate a number and do whatever number I get?

B) if we get any of our Timelocke clan/group members to 25 can we retire them?

Also, I really like the name timelocke. It reminds me think of Doctor who, and it’s really attempting to get fandom dergs. However those are supposed to be special so I think not to start with.
ibJfUec.png bqij4ya.png 4sMOFQ8.png profile_by_cas_a_fras-day7emf.png
Hey this sounds like fun! I love finding new challenges to try out and this seems perfect for me. I do enjoy Pinkerlockes over actual Nuzlockes but they can be a little restrictive from time to time.

I think I'll wait until MistJam is over to get started on this, or at least until I'm finished my chest challenge.

I'll subscribe and ping myself here for now.

@Artorias
Hey this sounds like fun! I love finding new challenges to try out and this seems perfect for me. I do enjoy Pinkerlockes over actual Nuzlockes but they can be a little restrictive from time to time.

I think I'll wait until MistJam is over to get started on this, or at least until I'm finished my chest challenge.

I'll subscribe and ping myself here for now.

@Artorias
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
1 2 3 4