Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Personal Nuzlocke
1 2 3
Story

Chapter One- Progens

Kiera, a graceful storm-blue Guardian, was born on the highlands of the Shifting Expanse. The Lightning magic of that land crackles through her veins and is integral to her very soul, but as a Guardian, it was not where she was destined to stay. Still a young dragon, Kiera's Search did not actually take very long, but it didn't lend any concrete results either. She knows that this wooded area of territory in the sunbeam ruins is where she needs to be, but whatever it is her life's purpose to protect is not here yet.

So, she settled down to wait, tearing up golden firs to create a spacious clearing to dwell patiently in and foraging for what food she needed. She was not alone for long, however. A small tundra dragon, with brown fur and the same electric eyes as Kiera appeared not a day after she had finished her camp. His name is Almanzo, he says, and though he doesn't quite remember where he came from (Tundra memory is not the clearest) he's content in this forest, which has a great deal of flora that he is unfamiliar with and is cataloging (and sampling) with a scientist's keen curiosity.

Kiera, not wholly trusting this dragon a quarter her size to be able to take care of himself while so distracted by his work, offered that he could stay with her for protection and companionship while he explores the forest. He warmly agreed, telling Kiera that she "smells kind of like home" so he would be happy to stay with her. He picks a spot in the clearing to start scratching out a burrow when he can, but the thick roots of the pines are too much of an obstacle for the moment.

A week later, they have settled into a comfortable routine. Kiera hunts beasts along the edges of dragon and beastclan territory. Almanzo joins her, sometimes, but mostly explores the forest and starts to draw out a map covered in scribbly notes and Xs marking out different things. Then, the day he find the caravan. A small group of nocturnes bearing markings from the lands of Fire, presumably journeying through Light territory around the great sea towards the species' home in the Tangled Woods of Shadow, all dead. They look to have been killed but hours ago by a hunting party of harpies, or other such beasts. Crude but brutal arrows jut out of necks and flanks. There is only one survivor: a brightly coloured hatchling asleep and blissfully unaware under a pile of blankets. He's a little too big for Almanzo to comfortably carry by himself, but he can't bear the thought of the child waking to the sight of his family dead all around him, so he manages to haul the baby to their camp. Later, he'll ask Kiera to bury the dead, and find offerings for the Lightweaver and Flamecaller to leave at the gravesides. Right now, they have to find a way to care for a baby as best they can. Life is going to be tough.
Story

Chapter One- Progens

Kiera, a graceful storm-blue Guardian, was born on the highlands of the Shifting Expanse. The Lightning magic of that land crackles through her veins and is integral to her very soul, but as a Guardian, it was not where she was destined to stay. Still a young dragon, Kiera's Search did not actually take very long, but it didn't lend any concrete results either. She knows that this wooded area of territory in the sunbeam ruins is where she needs to be, but whatever it is her life's purpose to protect is not here yet.

So, she settled down to wait, tearing up golden firs to create a spacious clearing to dwell patiently in and foraging for what food she needed. She was not alone for long, however. A small tundra dragon, with brown fur and the same electric eyes as Kiera appeared not a day after she had finished her camp. His name is Almanzo, he says, and though he doesn't quite remember where he came from (Tundra memory is not the clearest) he's content in this forest, which has a great deal of flora that he is unfamiliar with and is cataloging (and sampling) with a scientist's keen curiosity.

Kiera, not wholly trusting this dragon a quarter her size to be able to take care of himself while so distracted by his work, offered that he could stay with her for protection and companionship while he explores the forest. He warmly agreed, telling Kiera that she "smells kind of like home" so he would be happy to stay with her. He picks a spot in the clearing to start scratching out a burrow when he can, but the thick roots of the pines are too much of an obstacle for the moment.

A week later, they have settled into a comfortable routine. Kiera hunts beasts along the edges of dragon and beastclan territory. Almanzo joins her, sometimes, but mostly explores the forest and starts to draw out a map covered in scribbly notes and Xs marking out different things. Then, the day he find the caravan. A small group of nocturnes bearing markings from the lands of Fire, presumably journeying through Light territory around the great sea towards the species' home in the Tangled Woods of Shadow, all dead. They look to have been killed but hours ago by a hunting party of harpies, or other such beasts. Crude but brutal arrows jut out of necks and flanks. There is only one survivor: a brightly coloured hatchling asleep and blissfully unaware under a pile of blankets. He's a little too big for Almanzo to comfortably carry by himself, but he can't bear the thought of the child waking to the sight of his family dead all around him, so he manages to haul the baby to their camp. Later, he'll ask Kiera to bury the dead, and find offerings for the Lightweaver and Flamecaller to leave at the gravesides. Right now, they have to find a way to care for a baby as best they can. Life is going to be tough.
[b]Daily Actions[/b]: Almanzo: Gone to the Marketplace to buy and sell! Sells all but 1 (he would hate to get rid of something only to find it useful later) of everything they have collected through the week's scavenging, except chess pieces which he would like a full set of, and blank parchment which he keeps 20 sheets of to use for his maps and notes. Makes 5110 treasure in all (added to the treasure I have left over from what I had before I started the locke) Wants to buy warm clothes for the fire-native Cardamom. Not a huge selection. Comes back with: [item=scout's gloves][item=gold steampunk vest][item=furious banner][item=windwalker's arctic boots] Kiera: Was going to do some coliseum but I have chores so she started digging a burrow, 4 turns, (4 out of uhhhh lets say 50 digs for burrow) Got some: [item=skipping stone][item=clay][item=crumbling relief][item=sand][item=broken penny jar] Cardamom: Digging as well I guess? (5/50 for burrow) 1 turn. 5 sand, 2 skipping stone, and [item=nickel ore]x2
Daily Actions:

Almanzo:

Gone to the Marketplace to buy and sell! Sells all but 1 (he would hate to get rid of something only to find it useful later) of everything they have collected through the week's scavenging, except chess pieces which he would like a full set of, and blank parchment which he keeps 20 sheets of to use for his maps and notes. Makes 5110 treasure in all (added to the treasure I have left over from what I had before I started the locke)

Wants to buy warm clothes for the fire-native Cardamom. Not a huge selection. Comes back with:
Scout's Gloves Gold Steampunk Vest Furious Banner Windwalker's Arctic Boots

Kiera:
Was going to do some coliseum but I have chores so she started digging a burrow, 4 turns, (4 out of uhhhh lets say 50 digs for burrow) Got some:
Skipping Stone Clay Crumbling Relief Sand Broken Penny Jar

Cardamom:
Digging as well I guess? (5/50 for burrow) 1 turn. 5 sand, 2 skipping stone, and
Nickel Ore x2
[b]Daily Actions[/b] All three are going to the training fields today! Kiera is determined to teach the others how to defend themselves (and I want them all to be a bit higher levels) Cardamom levelled up from 1 to 4 and became a healer, with Aid. Almanzo levelled up from 3 to 4, Kiera levelled up from 4 to 5 As well as food and materials, they found: [item=minor health potion][item=broken flower pot] Almanzo's Plant Collection has begun! I'll be keeping them in the vault so they are separate. He found 4 while they were out fighting: [item=pale pink rose][item=blue rose][item=frosted violets][item=satin violets]
Daily Actions

All three are going to the training fields today! Kiera is determined to teach the others how to defend themselves (and I want them all to be a bit higher levels)

Cardamom levelled up from 1 to 4 and became a healer, with Aid. Almanzo levelled up from 3 to 4, Kiera levelled up from 4 to 5

As well as food and materials, they found:
Minor Health Potion Broken Flower Pot

Almanzo's Plant Collection has begun! I'll be keeping them in the vault so they are separate. He found 4 while they were out fighting:
Pale Pink Rose Blue Rose Frosted Violets Satin Violets
[b]Daily actions:[/b] [b]Cardamom:[/b] Visiting the trading post! [LIST] [*]earned 1500 treasure Tomo [*][item=ambush] from Pinkerton [*]transmuted some stuff and got green goo, green ooze, yellow and green sludge, and made a couple of glass beakers[/LIST] [b]Kiera:[/b] Digging the burrow, 5 turns (10/50). Found: [item=sand]x6[item=broken penny jar]x14[item=crumbling relief]x2[item=skipping stone]x2[item=clay]x3[item=silver ore] [b]Almanzo:[/b] Excited now that he's made a start on his collection, he's looking for more plants again. I've also decided that he needs to use a piece of paper every time he wants to record a plant, so he used up 4 Intact Parchments yesterday (I vaulted them). He has 4 foraging turns. Found: [item=clover]x5[item=mycena mushroom]x3[item=stonespine]x3[item=light's breath]x5[item=sweet grass] That's 5 new types of plant and 5 pieces of parchment used up!
Daily actions:

Cardamom:
Visiting the trading post!
  • earned 1500 treasure Tomo
  • Ambush from Pinkerton
  • transmuted some stuff and got green goo, green ooze, yellow and green sludge, and made a couple of glass beakers

Kiera:
Digging the burrow, 5 turns (10/50). Found:
Sand x6 Broken Penny Jar x14 Crumbling Relief x2 Skipping Stone x2 Clay x3 Silver Ore

Almanzo:
Excited now that he's made a start on his collection, he's looking for more plants again. I've also decided that he needs to use a piece of paper every time he wants to record a plant, so he used up 4 Intact Parchments yesterday (I vaulted them). He has 4 foraging turns. Found:
Clover x5 Mycena Mushroom x3 Stonespine x3 Light's Breath x5 Sweet Grass
That's 5 new types of plant and 5 pieces of parchment used up!
[b]Daily Actions:[/b] Kiera and Almanzo: Digging the burrow! 9 turns total (19/50). Did not find anything exciting (but now I do have plenty of items for Cardamom's alchemy) Cardamom: Gone to the Trading Post! [LIST] [*]earned 900 treasure from Tomo [*]From Pinkerton: [item=ragesquid] [*]transmuted a lot of crumbling reliefs (trying to get purple sludge to make the peridot roundhorn next) [/LIST]
Daily Actions:

Kiera and Almanzo:
Digging the burrow! 9 turns total (19/50). Did not find anything exciting (but now I do have plenty of items for Cardamom's alchemy)

Cardamom:
Gone to the Trading Post!
  • earned 900 treasure from Tomo
  • From Pinkerton:
    Ragesquid
  • transmuted a lot of crumbling reliefs (trying to get purple sludge to make the peridot roundhorn next)
I adopted a grey/white coatl from a user on the Light Flight forum. This is against my rules but I wanted to be able to sit some dragons on a nest and because Kiera is a self-insert dragon, I don't really want her to have children. The dragon is now called Smoke and I will write up a chapter adding her to the story when I can. A bigger focus on the story is the reason the dragons are currently digging a burrow, and why I will also be trying to focus on each dragon's goals as well as thinking of the clan as a whole. [b]Daily Actions:[/b] Kiera and Smoke: Fishing (5+1 turns). As a coatl, Smoke only eats fish and the clan didn't have any in their stores. Almanzo and Cardamom: Coliseum. I will edit this if they find anything rare. [edit]Found their first familiar! [item=frosted pocketmouse][item=minor health potion]
I adopted a grey/white coatl from a user on the Light Flight forum. This is against my rules but I wanted to be able to sit some dragons on a nest and because Kiera is a self-insert dragon, I don't really want her to have children. The dragon is now called Smoke and I will write up a chapter adding her to the story when I can.

A bigger focus on the story is the reason the dragons are currently digging a burrow, and why I will also be trying to focus on each dragon's goals as well as thinking of the clan as a whole.

Daily Actions:

Kiera and Smoke:
Fishing (5+1 turns). As a coatl, Smoke only eats fish and the clan didn't have any in their stores.

Almanzo and Cardamom:
Coliseum. I will edit this if they find anything rare.
[edit]Found their first familiar!
Frosted Pocketmouse Minor Health Potion
[b]Daily Actions[/b] Kiera and Almanzo: Digging (9 turns total, 28/50 for burrow) Found a rusted treasure chest! It did not contain anything very useful. Cardamom: Gone to the Trading Post [LIST] [*]1200 treasure from Tomo [*]From Pinkerton: [item=umbral sea wight] [*]transmuting extra insect food items (need orange goo for peridot roundhorn) [/LIST] Smoke: Running an errand to the Auction House for Cardamom for his alchemy. Making sure to only buy from Light clans, bought 3 smoky quartz and 30 southmarsh podid claws. Sold excess materials and trinkets.
Daily Actions

Kiera and Almanzo:
Digging (9 turns total, 28/50 for burrow) Found a rusted treasure chest! It did not contain anything very useful.

Cardamom:
Gone to the Trading Post
  • 1200 treasure from Tomo
  • From Pinkerton:
    Umbral Sea Wight
  • transmuting extra insect food items (need orange goo for peridot roundhorn)

Smoke:
Running an errand to the Auction House for Cardamom for his alchemy. Making sure to only buy from Light clans, bought 3 smoky quartz and 30 southmarsh podid claws. Sold excess materials and trinkets.
Daily Actions:

I put Cardamom and Smoke on a nest before I realised that without a burrow, they shouldn't have anywhere to nest, so I won't be clicking "incubate" and I'll pick that back up when it's appropriate. With that in mind-

All dragons:
Digging (14 turns total, 42/50 for burrow). Did not find anything exciting.
Daily Actions:

I put Cardamom and Smoke on a nest before I realised that without a burrow, they shouldn't have anywhere to nest, so I won't be clicking "incubate" and I'll pick that back up when it's appropriate. With that in mind-

All dragons:
Digging (14 turns total, 42/50 for burrow). Did not find anything exciting.
[b]Daily Actions:[/b] Almanzo and Cardamom: Digging (8 turns total, burrow complete!) Found: 2x [item=rusted treasure chest] they just contained trinkets, materials, and treasure. Smoke: Incubating nest of 3 eggs! 1/5 Kiera: Coli, Training Fields. levelled up from 5 to 6 and found: [item=broken flower pot][item=shining acuity fragment]
Daily Actions:

Almanzo and Cardamom:
Digging (8 turns total, burrow complete!) Found:
2x Rusted Treasure Chest
they just contained trinkets, materials, and treasure.

Smoke:
Incubating nest of 3 eggs! 1/5

Kiera:
Coli, Training Fields. levelled up from 5 to 6 and found:
Broken Flower Pot Shining Acuity Fragment
[b]Daily actions:[/b] [b]Cardamom:[/b] sitting on nest (2/5 days) [b] Kiera:[/b] Gone to the Auction House for Almanzo. Bought him a book for to wear so he doesn't have to use parchment to write up his notes on plants, made sure to buy from a Light Flight clan. [item=studious healer's reference] Used the opportunity to sell extra stuff from the hoard, now have about 14,000 treasure. [b]Almanzo and Smoke:[/b] Coliseum (Training Fields). In terms of the story it would make more sense for Kiera to take Smoke to the coli but as she is level 6 she doesn't get very much XP in the training fields anymore. Almanzo levelled up to 5 and Smoke to 3. Almanzo catalogued the following from coli loot: [item=honeycomb fragment][item=blue honeycomb]
Daily actions:

Cardamom:
sitting on nest (2/5 days)

Kiera:

Gone to the Auction House for Almanzo. Bought him a book for to wear so he doesn't have to use parchment to write up his notes on plants, made sure to buy from a Light Flight clan.
Studious Healer's Reference
Used the opportunity to sell extra stuff from the hoard, now have about 14,000 treasure.

Almanzo and Smoke:
Coliseum (Training Fields). In terms of the story it would make more sense for Kiera to take Smoke to the coli but as she is level 6 she doesn't get very much XP in the training fields anymore. Almanzo levelled up to 5 and Smoke to 3.
Almanzo catalogued the following from coli loot: Honeycomb Fragment Blue Honeycomb
1 2 3