Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Gen B/Bottleneck Project
1 2 3
[center][size=6]Gen B/Bottleneck Project[/size][/center] What's a 'Gen B' you ask? Well, it's a very special kind of dragon. Basically, a Gen B dragon is able to breed with ANY dragon onsite that is not exalted despite not being a gen 1. How is this done?! Through extensive breeding. You begin with 32 UNRELATED dragons and breed down to 16 dragons (8 males, 8 females), breed them down to 8 dragons (4 males, 4 females), down to 4 dragons (2 male, 2 female), and finally down to 2 dragons (1 male, 1 female). As you go, you exalt all bred dragons. At the end, the offspring of your last 2 dragons will be able to breed with any dragon onsite once their siblings and parents are exalted. This is a VITAL step. They MUST be exalted or you could have lingering family members who destroy the value of your Gen B, and render it basically useless as an alternate G1. And I wish to attempt this! Here is a very awesome post explaining this: [url=http://wobblegong.tumblr.com/post/89287370901]Here[/url] I'll include the image they made as it's very helpful. [center] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/2c673ee0a98322a70cb4a8943a57461e/tumblr_n7fm1hAmfC1swjqayo1_500.png[/img][/center]
Gen B/Bottleneck Project

What's a 'Gen B' you ask? Well, it's a very special kind of dragon.

Basically, a Gen B dragon is able to breed with ANY dragon onsite that is not exalted despite not being a gen 1. How is this done?!

Through extensive breeding. You begin with 32 UNRELATED dragons and breed down to 16 dragons (8 males, 8 females), breed them down to 8 dragons (4 males, 4 females), down to 4 dragons (2 male, 2 female), and finally down to 2 dragons (1 male, 1 female).
As you go, you exalt all bred dragons. At the end, the offspring of your last 2 dragons will be able to breed with any dragon onsite once their siblings and parents are exalted.
This is a VITAL step. They MUST be exalted or you could have lingering family members who destroy the value of your Gen B, and render it basically useless as an alternate G1.

And I wish to attempt this!

Here is a very awesome post explaining this: Here

I'll include the image they made as it's very helpful.

tumblr_n7fm1hAmfC1swjqayo1_500.png
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
[size=6]MY GOAL:[/size] My CURRENT goal is to get enough lair space lol. I'll need about 6 expansions. I'll list the expansions I need to do, bold is the one I'm working on: [b]475k [/b]> 550k > 650k > 800k > 975k > 1.075mil Totaling about: 4.525 mil (eek) I'm actually not sure what my goal is! I know it's an imp, but I'm still debating on color schemes and genes! Here are a couple of ideas I had. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=82&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=9&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=16&wings=89&auth=12012f9adf479f4c98b7b991df7f954e0e361162&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=5&breed=8&element=5&gender=1&tert=29&tertgene=10&winggene=17&wings=29&auth=01d7c629559d6a9dcda19586955b53f0d36a5cc7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ?? Wanna offer an idea? Please do!
MY GOAL:

My CURRENT goal is to get enough lair space lol.
I'll need about 6 expansions.
I'll list the expansions I need to do, bold is the one I'm working on:
475k > 550k > 650k > 800k > 975k > 1.075mil
Totaling about: 4.525 mil (eek)

I'm actually not sure what my goal is! I know it's an imp, but I'm still debating on color schemes and genes!

Here are a couple of ideas I had.

dragon?age=1&body=82&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=9&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=16&wings=89&auth=12012f9adf479f4c98b7b991df7f954e0e361162&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=5&breed=8&element=5&gender=1&tert=29&tertgene=10&winggene=17&wings=29&auth=01d7c629559d6a9dcda19586955b53f0d36a5cc7&dummyext=prev.png

?? Wanna offer an idea? Please do!
ir82bPv.png
GENERATIONS:

Searching for the first generation dragons once I get my idea down! All dragons will be pictured here as I go down the list of all of them.
GENERATIONS:

Searching for the first generation dragons once I get my idea down! All dragons will be pictured here as I go down the list of all of them.
ir82bPv.png
Other

Notes, random shenanigans, polls. This post will have it all.

Follow Along Ping:

@/Nerilka @/Crazydoll86

Final Gen B Derg Ping:
????
Other

Notes, random shenanigans, polls. This post will have it all.

Follow Along Ping:

@/Nerilka @/Crazydoll86

Final Gen B Derg Ping:
????
ir82bPv.png
Wanna Help?

Once I get my idea down I'll for sure be looking for dragons with specific colors/genes! You can help me out by totally poking me if you feel a dragon you have will help and you're willing to have them exalted (basically, a dragon you're probably selling)
Wanna Help?

Once I get my idea down I'll for sure be looking for dragons with specific colors/genes! You can help me out by totally poking me if you feel a dragon you have will help and you're willing to have them exalted (basically, a dragon you're probably selling)
ir82bPv.png
@TheSilverFox

One suggestion. Have all your starting pairs be orphans- both parents, all siblings, and any/all of the sibling's hatchlings exalted. Then, that last hatchling will truly be the next best thing to a gen 1. Good luck!
@TheSilverFox

One suggestion. Have all your starting pairs be orphans- both parents, all siblings, and any/all of the sibling's hatchlings exalted. Then, that last hatchling will truly be the next best thing to a gen 1. Good luck!
Qn4lcwg.png
@Nerilka
That's extremely hard to do and I think at that point you'd have to start with gen 1s.

You cannot breed within 5 gens, and this is 6, so they're fine :)
@Nerilka
That's extremely hard to do and I think at that point you'd have to start with gen 1s.

You cannot breed within 5 gens, and this is 6, so they're fine :)
ir82bPv.png
@TheSilverFox

True, but I know of a few dragons that meet that criteria, so I thought I'd throw that possibility out there. As I said, best of luck! :)
@TheSilverFox

True, but I know of a few dragons that meet that criteria, so I thought I'd throw that possibility out there. As I said, best of luck! :)
Qn4lcwg.png
@Nerilka
Alright XD I'm not that crazy about having everything being exalted past 6 gens up, but it'd be neat to find dragons like that.

And thanks! :)
@Nerilka
Alright XD I'm not that crazy about having everything being exalted past 6 gens up, but it'd be neat to find dragons like that.

And thanks! :)
ir82bPv.png
@TheSilverFox

You're welcome. If you are doing follow along pings, it would be interesting to see how this works out for you. :)
@TheSilverFox

You're welcome. If you are doing follow along pings, it would be interesting to see how this works out for you. :)
Qn4lcwg.png
1 2 3