Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Gender's Nuzlocke
1 2
[item=green-edged claw][item=aid][item=sweetpuff] [size=4][color=red]Days 6, 7, and 8[/color][/size] I couldn't update over the past few days because I had to travel to London, but I'm back! Over the break, Sela "grew up" so I'm now allowed to use her in the coliseum, which is wonderful! I did a [i]lot[/i] of coli time with her and Genesis and now Sela is level 4 and Genesis level 5 (which she might have been to start with actually, I can't remember.) They spent the rest of Taraxac's life savings on a Sap for Sela and an Aid and an acuity fragment for Genesis. They can now heal which is a huge relief and is making coli battles a lot less stressful. They can even manage a few battles in the Woodland Path, though I haven't been brave enough to try more than 2 cosecutive battles there yet. During the grinding, they found an apparel item (a green-edged claw) and 3 familiars- a death's-head stag, a ruby webwing, and a sweetpuff. Sela kept the sweetpuff, I thought it suited her, and they sold the other 2. Currently they have 2127 treasure.
Green-Edged Claw Aid Sweetpuff
Days 6, 7, and 8

I couldn't update over the past few days because I had to travel to London, but I'm back!

Over the break, Sela "grew up" so I'm now allowed to use her in the coliseum, which is wonderful! I did a lot of coli time with her and Genesis and now Sela is level 4 and Genesis level 5 (which she might have been to start with actually, I can't remember.)

They spent the rest of Taraxac's life savings on a Sap for Sela and an Aid and an acuity fragment for Genesis. They can now heal which is a huge relief and is making coli battles a lot less stressful. They can even manage a few battles in the Woodland Path, though I haven't been brave enough to try more than 2 cosecutive battles there yet.

During the grinding, they found an apparel item (a green-edged claw) and 3 familiars- a death's-head stag, a ruby webwing, and a sweetpuff. Sela kept the sweetpuff, I thought it suited her, and they sold the other 2. Currently they have 2127 treasure.
transcatcher.png
[item=brightly painted bird toy] [size=4][color=red]Day 9[/color][/size] As I was editing the rules post I realised that they shouldn't have been allowed to sell the familiars, whoops! It's too late to work out what money they shouldn't have but I'll not do that again. Haven't done anything with them yet today but I will coli this evening, probably. Okay, coli time. I've been running out of patience with the training fields but it'll be a while before I can get another dragon during the fire festival so I've decided to start a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1971573]Long Drop Challenge[/url] with the Wanderers. I'll keep track of the drops in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1971573/297#post_28900087]a post on that forum[/url] and eventually keep a post of drops from all the coli areas here. With this brand new motivation, Sela and Genesis both levelled up in some endless training fields grinding today, Sela to lvl 5 and Genesis to lvl 6, also finding 2 familiars which they can't benefit from (but I can ehehehe). I also laid out in their bios how I plan to stat and stone them as we go, which I reccomend checking out. They earned about 3k from coli loot today, which is pretty good, and they also have a good stock of meat in their hoard so I can do gathering or something instead if I want another day. I'm saving up for a rally or frozen might fragment, both of which are way more expensive than I feel like they should be, but I guess that's supply and demand for you.
Brightly Painted Bird Toy
Day 9

As I was editing the rules post I realised that they shouldn't have been allowed to sell the familiars, whoops! It's too late to work out what money they shouldn't have but I'll not do that again. Haven't done anything with them yet today but I will coli this evening, probably.

Okay, coli time. I've been running out of patience with the training fields but it'll be a while before I can get another dragon during the fire festival so I've decided to start a Long Drop Challenge with the Wanderers. I'll keep track of the drops in a post on that forum and eventually keep a post of drops from all the coli areas here.

With this brand new motivation, Sela and Genesis both levelled up in some endless training fields grinding today, Sela to lvl 5 and Genesis to lvl 6, also finding 2 familiars which they can't benefit from (but I can ehehehe). I also laid out in their bios how I plan to stat and stone them as we go, which I reccomend checking out.

They earned about 3k from coli loot today, which is pretty good, and they also have a good stock of meat in their hoard so I can do gathering or something instead if I want another day. I'm saving up for a rally or frozen might fragment, both of which are way more expensive than I feel like they should be, but I guess that's supply and demand for you.
transcatcher.png
[item=dark acuity fragment] [color=red][size=4]Day 10[/color][/size] A lot of coli time again today because the finale episode of [i]The Adventure Zone[/i] dropped which gave me something amazing to listen to while I did incessant grinding. Progress on the long drop challenge is very slow due to there being so many different types of enemy in the training fields after their update, so Dark Sparrowmice hardly ever show up. Shortly before Genesis levelled up to 7, a dark acuity fragment dropped! This was perfect as she gained a new slot for it as she levelled up. Proceeds from the coli today were about 5k, meaning the Wanderers had about 10k in total, from today and yesterday. They spent all of it on a might fragment for Sela. This was a frustrating purchase to make as ultimately it will be repleced by a beserker stone, but that won't be for a long time so I think the might fragments are necessary for now. All this coli time means I'm just very, very tired of only having 2 dragons in this Nuzlocke. I wish the wildclaw cooldown wasn't so [i]long[/i] so I could breed the two of them and have some kids to write about.
Dark Acuity Fragment
Day 10

A lot of coli time again today because the finale episode of The Adventure Zone dropped which gave me something amazing to listen to while I did incessant grinding. Progress on the long drop challenge is very slow due to there being so many different types of enemy in the training fields after their update, so Dark Sparrowmice hardly ever show up. Shortly before Genesis levelled up to 7, a dark acuity fragment dropped! This was perfect as she gained a new slot for it as she levelled up.

Proceeds from the coli today were about 5k, meaning the Wanderers had about 10k in total, from today and yesterday. They spent all of it on a might fragment for Sela. This was a frustrating purchase to make as ultimately it will be repleced by a beserker stone, but that won't be for a long time so I think the might fragments are necessary for now.

All this coli time means I'm just very, very tired of only having 2 dragons in this Nuzlocke. I wish the wildclaw cooldown wasn't so long so I could breed the two of them and have some kids to write about.
transcatcher.png
[item=silver ore] [size=4][color=red]Day 11[/color][/size] Sela went to the training fields alone today, to try and catch up to Genesis' level (and also because grinding with a magic user takes a long time which I can't be bothered to use now that Sela is strong enough to go there by herself...) Genesis went gathering instead, digging through the dusty earth of the Shattered Plains and finding a number of rocks and minerals that she could sell. With some time to spare at the end of the day, she had a look around the auction house to see what prices her spoils could sell for there (something I don't normally do) and was pleasantly surprised to see that silver ore would sell for more than 2000 treasure more than it would directly from the hoard. She offered up the two ores she had with her, hoping they would sell quickly. I haven't done coli yet today, I'll edit this if Sela finds anything good.
Silver Ore
Day 11

Sela went to the training fields alone today, to try and catch up to Genesis' level (and also because grinding with a magic user takes a long time which I can't be bothered to use now that Sela is strong enough to go there by herself...)

Genesis went gathering instead, digging through the dusty earth of the Shattered Plains and finding a number of rocks and minerals that she could sell. With some time to spare at the end of the day, she had a look around the auction house to see what prices her spoils could sell for there (something I don't normally do) and was pleasantly surprised to see that silver ore would sell for more than 2000 treasure more than it would directly from the hoard. She offered up the two ores she had with her, hoping they would sell quickly.

I haven't done coli yet today, I'll edit this if Sela finds anything good.
transcatcher.png
[item=sanded cedar plank] [color=red][size=4]Day 12[/color][/size] I've been completely distracted by Stardew Valley today so I just checked in here to take the two of them scavenging as I didn't do any coli. Nothing exciting found, I'll sell the stuff tomorrow.
Sanded Cedar Plank
Day 12

I've been completely distracted by Stardew Valley today so I just checked in here to take the two of them scavenging as I didn't do any coli. Nothing exciting found, I'll sell the stuff tomorrow.
transcatcher.png
[item=turtle shell] [color=red][size=4]Day 13[/color][/size] I sold everything that's been building up in their hoard over the last few days and was pleasantly surprised to see that they've now saved over 20k! Hardly any of the item I need for the long drop challenge has dropped which is immensely frustrating- I'm going to be in the training fields for [i]so long[/i],,, Genesis went scavenging again today in the vain hope of finding an unhatched egg as Sela clawed up miths and webwings by herself. It was an okay day but a bit boring.
Turtle Shell
Day 13

I sold everything that's been building up in their hoard over the last few days and was pleasantly surprised to see that they've now saved over 20k! Hardly any of the item I need for the long drop challenge has dropped which is immensely frustrating- I'm going to be in the training fields for so long,,,

Genesis went scavenging again today in the vain hope of finding an unhatched egg as Sela clawed up miths and webwings by herself. It was an okay day but a bit boring.
transcatcher.png
[item=fire runestone][item=burnished filigree banner] [color=red][size=4]Days 14 & 15[/color][/size] Okay, okay I made my rules a little easier. So. I have given in and attained another dragon to join in this nuzlocke! I'll still be following the rules of "one dragon a month" and "the dragon must be the same element as the festival" but they now can be adopted whenever I need to adopt one, rather than on a specific day. I was just getting really fed up. (I'm beginning to think I don't have the patience for this challenge maybe...) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35130565] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351306/35130565_350.png[/img] [/url] Anyway, this is Uriel! It took a while to find a fire dragon in the adoption threads but I found cel eventually. Ce came unnamed, so I looked up names that are related to fire, and "Uriel" is the name of one of the four archangels, associated with smiting and that kind of thing. I'm experimenting with ce/cel/ces/celself pronouns for Uriel. I just made them up on the spot 2 seconds ago from the word "celestial". If anyone actually reads this thread and struggles to read these pronouns, just let me know and I'll switch to "it" or "they". Ces backstory is, essentially, that Genesis is ces charge. Gosh, guardians are very easy to adopt into a clan lore-wise. Ce's been fighting with Sela in the training fields as Genesis, at lvl 7, is now too strong to earn any exp there. Genesis grumbled, went digging, and spent money on buying cel some snazzy armour.
Fire Runestone Burnished Filigree Banner
Days 14 & 15

Okay, okay I made my rules a little easier. So. I have given in and attained another dragon to join in this nuzlocke! I'll still be following the rules of "one dragon a month" and "the dragon must be the same element as the festival" but they now can be adopted whenever I need to adopt one, rather than on a specific day. I was just getting really fed up. (I'm beginning to think I don't have the patience for this challenge maybe...)

35130565_350.png

Anyway, this is Uriel! It took a while to find a fire dragon in the adoption threads but I found cel eventually. Ce came unnamed, so I looked up names that are related to fire, and "Uriel" is the name of one of the four archangels, associated with smiting and that kind of thing. I'm experimenting with ce/cel/ces/celself pronouns for Uriel. I just made them up on the spot 2 seconds ago from the word "celestial". If anyone actually reads this thread and struggles to read these pronouns, just let me know and I'll switch to "it" or "they".

Ces backstory is, essentially, that Genesis is ces charge. Gosh, guardians are very easy to adopt into a clan lore-wise.

Ce's been fighting with Sela in the training fields as Genesis, at lvl 7, is now too strong to earn any exp there. Genesis grumbled, went digging, and spent money on buying cel some snazzy armour.
transcatcher.png
[item=gold-throated sparrow] [b]Day 16[/b] Yikes that hiatus. Sorry guys I haven't had many spoons for a long while and also I got super distracted. I'm trying to get back on this nuzlocke though! Genesis: would be digging but I already used all my turns so she's uhhhh having a chill out day, spending time with her familiar. Sela: coli Uriel: coli Xanthus: on nest Food for the day: ate bird meat from stores Sela and Uriel were in the training fields. Uriel levelled up to 4. No progress was made on the long drop challenge but they did find a broken flower pot. Genesis got to "companion" level with Dandelion and recieved an iron treasure chest, which contained a Gold-Throated sparrow, which she gave to Xanthus. Earnings from today: about 6k treasure and 4 gems.
Gold-Throated Sparrow
Day 16

Yikes that hiatus. Sorry guys I haven't had many spoons for a long while and also I got super distracted. I'm trying to get back on this nuzlocke though!

Genesis: would be digging but I already used all my turns so she's uhhhh having a chill out day, spending time with her familiar.
Sela: coli
Uriel: coli
Xanthus: on nest

Food for the day: ate bird meat from stores

Sela and Uriel were in the training fields. Uriel levelled up to 4. No progress was made on the long drop challenge but they did find a broken flower pot.

Genesis got to "companion" level with Dandelion and recieved an iron treasure chest, which contained a Gold-Throated sparrow, which she gave to Xanthus.

Earnings from today: about 6k treasure and 4 gems.
transcatcher.png
[item=false leaf] [b]Day 18[/b] Missed a day because firefox stopped working with flight rising but I've switched to edge and it seems to be working fine now. Genesis: scavenging (7 turns) Sela: on nest Uriel: coli Xanthus: coli I used stored food for yesterday to keep things fair so I think today counts as day 18. Genesis earned about 4k treasure from scavenging, including an earthen acuity fragment (which I sold). Did the bare minimum of coli time to get enough food for the day (Sela, I love you but you only eat meat??? Why can't everyone be guardians). Encountered one shadow sparrowmouse but it didn't drop the trinket I need for the long drop, sigh.
False Leaf
Day 18

Missed a day because firefox stopped working with flight rising but I've switched to edge and it seems to be working fine now.

Genesis: scavenging (7 turns)
Sela: on nest
Uriel: coli
Xanthus: coli

I used stored food for yesterday to keep things fair so I think today counts as day 18. Genesis earned about 4k treasure from scavenging, including an earthen acuity fragment (which I sold).

Did the bare minimum of coli time to get enough food for the day (Sela, I love you but you only eat meat??? Why can't everyone be guardians). Encountered one shadow sparrowmouse but it didn't drop the trinket I need for the long drop, sigh.
transcatcher.png
[b]Day 19[/b] [i]I've given up doing this every day, it's just not feasible, so instead I'll try to only perform actions with the nuzlocke dragons on the days that I perform all the nuzlocke actions. Today (a few days ago actually but we'll call it today), Sela and his... admirer?? Xanthus (a new addition to the clan from the month of the Arcane festival) had a nest of three hatchlings. I flipped three coins and got heads, tails, tails, so the eldest survived but the other two didn't. They were all named after migratory birds by Xanthus. The parents will spend 7 days of nuzlocke caring for the hatchling/mourning the stillborn. Ate food from stores (8 ire tweets) The survivor, Fieldfare: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36422742] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/364228/36422742_350.png[/img] [/url] Scoter, exalted for 2130t: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=0&tab=dragon&did=36422743][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=129&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=1&gender=1&tert=174&tertgene=1&winggene=7&wings=64&auth=6268d1ca15db8005bbb80a92638b607f6cbf986a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Brambling, exalted for 2853t: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=0&tab=dragon&did=36422744][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=119&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=1&gender=1&tert=68&tertgene=10&winggene=7&wings=170&auth=8e48218fe542ef645187fb62d9a13eb8666487c7&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [list] [*]Genesis- digging, 2 turns [*]Sela- 1st day caring for Fieldfare [*]Xanthus- 1st day caring for Fieldfare [*]Uriel- scavenging, up to 4 turns[/list][/i] The family did not work today. They held a quiet funeral for the 2 children of Sela and Xanthus who had never breathed fresh air or seen the sun before they returned to the Earthshaker. Xanthus carried its boyfriend and child on its back, large head bowed low in the shadows of the catacombs as Genesis scratched out small gravesites and Uriel blessed the area with painted on prayers and blessed offerings to cer own Flamecaller and the clan's Earthshaker. Honey, crystal quartz, a warhorn and a diamond ring. The small bodies were wrapped in linen and covered carefully by large rocks. Nobody spoke. The clan- now a family of 5- comforted each other wordlessly and slept close together that night.
Day 19

I've given up doing this every day, it's just not feasible, so instead I'll try to only perform actions with the nuzlocke dragons on the days that I perform all the nuzlocke actions.

Today (a few days ago actually but we'll call it today), Sela and his... admirer?? Xanthus (a new addition to the clan from the month of the Arcane festival) had a nest of three hatchlings. I flipped three coins and got heads, tails, tails, so the eldest survived but the other two didn't. They were all named after migratory birds by Xanthus. The parents will spend 7 days of nuzlocke caring for the hatchling/mourning the stillborn.

Ate food from stores (8 ire tweets)

The survivor, Fieldfare:

36422742_350.png

Scoter, exalted for 2130t:
dragon?age=0&body=129&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=1&gender=1&tert=174&tertgene=1&winggene=7&wings=64&auth=6268d1ca15db8005bbb80a92638b607f6cbf986a&dummyext=prev.png
Brambling, exalted for 2853t:
dragon?age=0&body=119&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=1&gender=1&tert=68&tertgene=10&winggene=7&wings=170&auth=8e48218fe542ef645187fb62d9a13eb8666487c7&dummyext=prev.png

• Genesis- digging, 2 turns
  • Sela- 1st day caring for Fieldfare
  • Xanthus- 1st day caring for Fieldfare
  • Uriel- scavenging, up to 4 turns

The family did not work today. They held a quiet funeral for the 2 children of Sela and Xanthus who had never breathed fresh air or seen the sun before they returned to the Earthshaker. Xanthus carried its boyfriend and child on its back, large head bowed low in the shadows of the catacombs as Genesis scratched out small gravesites and Uriel blessed the area with painted on prayers and blessed offerings to cer own Flamecaller and the clan's Earthshaker. Honey, crystal quartz, a warhorn and a diamond ring. The small bodies were wrapped in linen and covered carefully by large rocks. Nobody spoke. The clan- now a family of 5- comforted each other wordlessly and slept close together that night.
transcatcher.png
1 2