Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Mystery Event: Signups Closed
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 52 53
I didn't ask particularly useful questions today...

To Mookie: Have you had run-ins with the law, then? Who hasn't? I don't dwell on the past.

To Baba Yo: Where do the bones you use for your charms come from? That's a trade secret child. Get your own bones where you will, my sources are my own.
I didn't ask particularly useful questions today...

To Mookie: Have you had run-ins with the law, then? Who hasn't? I don't dwell on the past.

To Baba Yo: Where do the bones you use for your charms come from? That's a trade secret child. Get your own bones where you will, my sources are my own.
jIRALXN.png
My gut's telling me that Baba Yo isn't the culprit, and someone's trying to frame her as an easy target. I don't really have a guess as to who that might be yet. An idea might be to ask someone if they recognize the handwriting in the notes.
My gut's telling me that Baba Yo isn't the culprit, and someone's trying to frame her as an easy target. I don't really have a guess as to who that might be yet. An idea might be to ask someone if they recognize the handwriting in the notes.
@prettyokayray

I'm with you there, she just seems to be such an obvious suspect. And that's a great idea about the handwriting, I might ask that if someone isn't faster than me.
@prettyokayray

I'm with you there, she just seems to be such an obvious suspect. And that's a great idea about the handwriting, I might ask that if someone isn't faster than me.
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
@prettyokayray @felistopaz

I know I'm mistrustful of too 'easy-looking' answers as well.
...I just realised that Anodyne despises bone-charms and those who use them. So if one wants to go down the 'framing' route (from Hala's answer to one of my questions it seems rhymes/proverbs could almost be a stereotype of the north-wood dwellers) then she seems worth considering.
@prettyokayray @felistopaz

I know I'm mistrustful of too 'easy-looking' answers as well.
...I just realised that Anodyne despises bone-charms and those who use them. So if one wants to go down the 'framing' route (from Hala's answer to one of my questions it seems rhymes/proverbs could almost be a stereotype of the north-wood dwellers) then she seems worth considering.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
Here's my first question for today.

In the morning, when Torvinth heard that another hatchling had disappeared, he felt rightfully worried. Another youngster going missing was bad, but a note left behind implying that they were going to be used to make bone charms was very bad. This situation was bad all round. He felt his tail start to flick with irritation, and anchored his talons into the dirt to get his mind back on the present. Thinking, he decided to go and ask one of the chicks if they'd seen anything odd recently. He decided to ask Omen, because it was often the quiet ones that saw the most. Plus, with a name like that he couldn't help but wonder if it meant something. Going to the pale Coatl, he asked, "Hey, little 'un. Have you seen any strange dragons hanging around you and your friends recently, or have any dragons been paying you an unusual amount of attention?"
Here's my first question for today.

In the morning, when Torvinth heard that another hatchling had disappeared, he felt rightfully worried. Another youngster going missing was bad, but a note left behind implying that they were going to be used to make bone charms was very bad. This situation was bad all round. He felt his tail start to flick with irritation, and anchored his talons into the dirt to get his mind back on the present. Thinking, he decided to go and ask one of the chicks if they'd seen anything odd recently. He decided to ask Omen, because it was often the quiet ones that saw the most. Plus, with a name like that he couldn't help but wonder if it meant something. Going to the pale Coatl, he asked, "Hey, little 'un. Have you seen any strange dragons hanging around you and your friends recently, or have any dragons been paying you an unusual amount of attention?"
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
@acorncap [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28195478] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/281955/28195478_350.png[/img] [/url] Lav entered town late last night, much too tired to properly figure out what was going on with this plague hatchling or whatnot. It was probably just a little one wandering around and camping in the backyard of someone's house, without anyone knowing. This morning, however, everyone was suspicious and touchy about the subject, and she knew it was a large-scale crime. Two hatchlings had been taken now, and who knows what may be happening to them? Lav's definitely concerned at this point. She approaches Tin Star and a few other dragons, inquiring about the notes. After a good read, she notices a thing for poetry, perhaps. The newest of bones? The first few words allude to something gory and disturbing ..... new. Well, it could definitely be [b]SkullBrat[/b], who seems to be the youngest hatchling. Then again, one of the newcomers is Proudfoot. Still, Lav believes he wouldn't be that easy to capture. Hatchlings have been the only ones kidnapped as well. The skydancer flies over to a rather dark looking Pearlcatcher, lifting her mage's hat to look him in the eye. "Excuse me, sir, but I'd like to ask a few questions of you, for curiosity's sake." She smiles, gently stroking her Talonclasp pendant and the large ruby at its center. Perhaps it would help in unnerving a few suspects, should they know of cursed Talonclasps. [b]"I was curious to know if there were any renowned poets or creative writers in town, because I'm an aspiring writer myself and would like some tips. Also, where did you get those fascinating birdskulls and bone chimes? I heard there was an especially puzzling kidnapping, and of course I'm not blaming anyone without evidence, but perhaps you could help me figure it out?"[/b] she asks politely, 'absentmindedly' tapping her claws on the ruby. (Lagoon) ~ She then walks to a a green Tundra with a pink belly, and dips her head respectfully. "Hello, there! I'm Lav, and I stopped by town and heard of a curious mystery going on. I heard that Babayo is a little busy, so I think I should ask you instead. Perhaps you can answer on both your terms and her behalf? [b]I was curious to know if you had any lovely bone charms to spare. I'm afraid I've been out of luck the past few days, with bad weather and some thievery, and I'd love to procure one to maybe make my days a little less troubling.[/b] If not, please forgive me for bothering you." Again, she fingers the pendant, wiping the surface of the gem to make it sparkle and shine. (Mookie)
@acorncap

28195478_350.png

Lav entered town late last night, much too tired to properly figure out what was going on with this plague hatchling or whatnot. It was probably just a little one wandering around and camping in the backyard of someone's house, without anyone knowing. This morning, however, everyone was suspicious and touchy about the subject, and she knew it was a large-scale crime. Two hatchlings had been taken now, and who knows what may be happening to them? Lav's definitely concerned at this point.

She approaches Tin Star and a few other dragons, inquiring about the notes. After a good read, she notices a thing for poetry, perhaps. The newest of bones? The first few words allude to something gory and disturbing ..... new. Well, it could definitely be SkullBrat, who seems to be the youngest hatchling. Then again, one of the newcomers is Proudfoot. Still, Lav believes he wouldn't be that easy to capture. Hatchlings have been the only ones kidnapped as well.

The skydancer flies over to a rather dark looking Pearlcatcher, lifting her mage's hat to look him in the eye. "Excuse me, sir, but I'd like to ask a few questions of you, for curiosity's sake." She smiles, gently stroking her Talonclasp pendant and the large ruby at its center. Perhaps it would help in unnerving a few suspects, should they know of cursed Talonclasps. "I was curious to know if there were any renowned poets or creative writers in town, because I'm an aspiring writer myself and would like some tips. Also, where did you get those fascinating birdskulls and bone chimes? I heard there was an especially puzzling kidnapping, and of course I'm not blaming anyone without evidence, but perhaps you could help me figure it out?" she asks politely, 'absentmindedly' tapping her claws on the ruby. (Lagoon)

~

She then walks to a a green Tundra with a pink belly, and dips her head respectfully. "Hello, there! I'm Lav, and I stopped by town and heard of a curious mystery going on. I heard that Babayo is a little busy, so I think I should ask you instead. Perhaps you can answer on both your terms and her behalf? I was curious to know if you had any lovely bone charms to spare. I'm afraid I've been out of luck the past few days, with bad weather and some thievery, and I'd love to procure one to maybe make my days a little less troubling. If not, please forgive me for bothering you." Again, she fingers the pendant, wiping the surface of the gem to make it sparkle and shine. (Mookie)
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
((Hopefully I didn’t take too many liberties with this. ^^; )) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25910804][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/259109/25910804.png[/img][/url] [item=coppercoil creeper] Elodie had attempted to keep a watch from a reasonably concealed position not far from where the suspected next victim lived. In the event that they should witness something of value, regardless of the success of the interception attempt, Tabula was active. The creeper had been powered down after their trip to the bog until a restart a short time before. Bar the wild shrieks and howls of the wilds at night and the murmur of voices of dragons in the nearest home, there was little of note. Elodie was focussed. It couldn’t be much longer until someone went wandering where they shouldn’t. It took a few moments for her to notice Tabula faltering for a shudder to then convulse the creeper’s body. Elodie bit back a curse. Bogwater, curse or bog-standard system failure, she wasn’t planning to take Tabula into a bog again. The Skydancer set to ensuring no data was lost and commencing the recovery of the creeper’s functionality. The temperature of Elodie’s blood dropped as instinct screamed something was amiss, like when a hidden trip-wire was inches from her face. Was it paranoid imagination or had the calls of the forest gotten quieter? Someone was there. Elodie leapt from her place, leaving Tabula and made pursuit. However, she’d been caught during a lapse in concentration, and the combination of darkness and lower familiarity with the area set the Skydancer at a disadvantage. After an encounter with some tangled foliage, Elodie had to accept that she’d lost them. Her beath came out in a hiss. Staying out to search any further would be futile. Waiting for daylight before further investigation seemed wise. So the Skydancer returned to check on her coppercoil creeper and ensure their recovery before bedding down for the rest of the night. Both with and without the mask, the Light Skydancer had encountered a number of rapscallions and scoundrels. Several of whom she’d assisted in the capture of, a few others she’d simply nodded to in passing. She wasn’t a hypocrite, but nor did she consider herself a particularly virtuous soul. However, though she’d hear stories, the Skydancer could not fathom why anyone would steal a hatchling. They were generally the opposite of useful, and this thief wasn’t trying to convert the value of emotional ties into monetary value with a ransom note, which at least would promise the hatchlings' eventual return. The darker stories of blood cults and sacrificial rituals painted a grotesque and grisly picture of what may lie behind current goings-on. In a way, it was fear of this ugly possibility that drove Elodie to see the investigation through. A fear that momentarily swelled on reading the latest note. [i]It could still be a case of framing.[/i] Elodie told herself. She wasn't entirely convinced either way yet. The fact there were notes was not something to ignore, so Elodie set about establishing who could be inclined to such a written style and who lacked the literacy to possibly be guilty. During the day, Elodie visited Karawaan. “Apologies that I should bring you such troubling news in times like these. I believe the youngest of the orphans in your care will be targeted next…Please take care.” Given how Guardians were inclined to react to the loss of their Charges, Karawaan’s position was not an enviable one. It would be a cruel time for him.
((Hopefully I didn’t take too many liberties with this. ^^; ))

25910804.png Coppercoil Creeper

Elodie had attempted to keep a watch from a reasonably concealed position not far from where the suspected next victim lived. In the event that they should witness something of value, regardless of the success of the interception attempt, Tabula was active. The creeper had been powered down after their trip to the bog until a restart a short time before.

Bar the wild shrieks and howls of the wilds at night and the murmur of voices of dragons in the nearest home, there was little of note. Elodie was focussed. It couldn’t be much longer until someone went wandering where they shouldn’t. It took a few moments for her to notice Tabula faltering for a shudder to then convulse the creeper’s body. Elodie bit back a curse. Bogwater, curse or bog-standard system failure, she wasn’t planning to take Tabula into a bog again. The Skydancer set to ensuring no data was lost and commencing the recovery of the creeper’s functionality.
The temperature of Elodie’s blood dropped as instinct screamed something was amiss, like when a hidden trip-wire was inches from her face. Was it paranoid imagination or had the calls of the forest gotten quieter?
Someone was there.
Elodie leapt from her place, leaving Tabula and made pursuit. However, she’d been caught during a lapse in concentration, and the combination of darkness and lower familiarity with the area set the Skydancer at a disadvantage. After an encounter with some tangled foliage, Elodie had to accept that she’d lost them. Her beath came out in a hiss. Staying out to search any further would be futile. Waiting for daylight before further investigation seemed wise. So the Skydancer returned to check on her coppercoil creeper and ensure their recovery before bedding down for the rest of the night.

Both with and without the mask, the Light Skydancer had encountered a number of rapscallions and scoundrels. Several of whom she’d assisted in the capture of, a few others she’d simply nodded to in passing. She wasn’t a hypocrite, but nor did she consider herself a particularly virtuous soul. However, though she’d hear stories, the Skydancer could not fathom why anyone would steal a hatchling. They were generally the opposite of useful, and this thief wasn’t trying to convert the value of emotional ties into monetary value with a ransom note, which at least would promise the hatchlings' eventual return. The darker stories of blood cults and sacrificial rituals painted a grotesque and grisly picture of what may lie behind current goings-on. In a way, it was fear of this ugly possibility that drove Elodie to see the investigation through. A fear that momentarily swelled on reading the latest note. It could still be a case of framing. Elodie told herself. She wasn't entirely convinced either way yet.

The fact there were notes was not something to ignore, so Elodie set about establishing who could be inclined to such a written style and who lacked the literacy to possibly be guilty.

During the day, Elodie visited Karawaan. “Apologies that I should bring you such troubling news in times like these. I believe the youngest of the orphans in your care will be targeted next…Please take care.” Given how Guardians were inclined to react to the loss of their Charges, Karawaan’s position was not an enviable one. It would be a cruel time for him.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@acorncap

I'm with everyone else, I think the answer to the daily riddle is SkullBrat.

My questions for today:

1. Anodyne, can you tell me anything about this bone charm? *shows charm* Like, what bone(s) it is made from, how old it is, anything like that?

2. Damascus, what do you know about Bess?
@acorncap

I'm with everyone else, I think the answer to the daily riddle is SkullBrat.

My questions for today:

1. Anodyne, can you tell me anything about this bone charm? *shows charm* Like, what bone(s) it is made from, how old it is, anything like that?

2. Damascus, what do you know about Bess?
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
My questions are yet to be answered, I think they might have been missed, so I put them here again, just in case. [quote name="Walzer" date=2017-05-29 09:07:35] [b]Questions[/b]: To [u]Lagoon[/u]: Look what I've found! *shows the bone charm* Is this your charm and if it is, why is your name not written on it? To [u]Tin Star[/u]: Have there been any similar disappearance-cases before in the past involving missing dragons? [/quote]
My questions are yet to be answered, I think they might have been missed, so I put them here again, just in case.
Walzer wrote on 2017-05-29:
Questions:
To Lagoon: Look what I've found! *shows the bone charm* Is this your charm and if it is, why is your name not written on it?

To Tin Star: Have there been any similar disappearance-cases before in the past involving missing dragons?
xCVbB5p.png
dEe2UrM.png
kBHm00y.png
rFZTOiI.png
6KQB58c.png
I got two interesting answers, one that could mean nothing and one that could prove promising! [quote][b]To Saint Bramble: Do dragons, hatchlings or otherwise, go missing around here, even if it's infrequently?[/b] His answer: Of course. This is not called the Labyrinth for nothing. I think this could provide water to theories of Baba using bones of dragons within the labyrinth itself--and therefore possibly these hatchlings--to create her charms.[/quote] [quote][b]To Flick: Do you know what sort of bones these charms are made from?[/b] His answer: Well, it can be hard to tell, bones is bones, and charms usually fragment them, and I'm not really familiar enough with them to tell- a tundra might be able to sniff it out. I think someone should ask Saint Bramble if he can tell us what the charm found at the scene smells like.[/quote]
I got two interesting answers, one that could mean nothing and one that could prove promising!
Quote:
To Saint Bramble: Do dragons, hatchlings or otherwise, go missing around here, even if it's infrequently? His answer: Of course. This is not called the Labyrinth for nothing.

I think this could provide water to theories of Baba using bones of dragons within the labyrinth itself--and therefore possibly these hatchlings--to create her charms.
Quote:
To Flick: Do you know what sort of bones these charms are made from? His answer:
Well, it can be hard to tell, bones is bones, and charms usually fragment them, and I'm not really familiar enough with them to tell- a tundra might be able to sniff it out.

I think someone should ask Saint Bramble if he can tell us what the charm found at the scene smells like.
If you hear the music....
It's already too late.
Eg7eN5P.png
Looking for affiliates
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 52 53