Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum freezing counts as fleeing.
So with the new changes and depreciating energy finally in effect, I think you tuned it a little too much when there's still too many ongoing issues with the coliseum.

At the very least, the clan energy bar needs to update in real time to reflect that it's going down, or a warning should be popping up as it reaches that 80 percent, because neither of these occurred and I just lost my progress of the last 2 days (the one for keeping energy above 80 percent), and all because the bar doesn't reflect (in time, or without entirely refreshing the page) that I was losing all that energy.

I understand you're supposed to lose a little bit when you lose a battle or flee, but the thing is... I've had to constantly reset the game due to coliseum freezing up. Resetting the game when it freezes is counting as fleeing.

:( Until all the instabilities are ironed out, can you either take the coliseum back down or disable the energy depreciation? It's really frustrating to start over/be penalised for an an issue that's out of my control.
So with the new changes and depreciating energy finally in effect, I think you tuned it a little too much when there's still too many ongoing issues with the coliseum.

At the very least, the clan energy bar needs to update in real time to reflect that it's going down, or a warning should be popping up as it reaches that 80 percent, because neither of these occurred and I just lost my progress of the last 2 days (the one for keeping energy above 80 percent), and all because the bar doesn't reflect (in time, or without entirely refreshing the page) that I was losing all that energy.

I understand you're supposed to lose a little bit when you lose a battle or flee, but the thing is... I've had to constantly reset the game due to coliseum freezing up. Resetting the game when it freezes is counting as fleeing.

:( Until all the instabilities are ironed out, can you either take the coliseum back down or disable the energy depreciation? It's really frustrating to start over/be penalised for an an issue that's out of my control.
Gone for now. Can't fight this fight. I guess those calling me nasty names and saying I'm the insensitive, ignorant, cruel, demonising witch-hunter win.
Refreshing or tabbing away removing energy is working as intended, though you're not doing so by choice. We wanted to prevent people who were losing a battle from cheating and navigating away to avoid the loss-penalty.

Apologies for the bumpy ride. The codesmiths are making some great progress, but there's a lot to cover.

The energy bar reacting in real-time is an interesting suggestion. :)
Refreshing or tabbing away removing energy is working as intended, though you're not doing so by choice. We wanted to prevent people who were losing a battle from cheating and navigating away to avoid the loss-penalty.

Apologies for the bumpy ride. The codesmiths are making some great progress, but there's a lot to cover.

Well, i have some related Problem:
Just now Colliseum just ... well... sucks (sorry for that), but its super slow and it freezes in midfight in all last 3 fights i had plus loosing energy, the victory chain isn't filled in Training ground (at least yesterday), enemies do very very often critical hits (also since yesterday) and the leveling von 4 to 5 just needs too much ep (or the enemies in Woodpath do not give me very much, also yesterday)...
Hope you can solve the colliseum Problems soon, i think you are already aware of it.
Anyway, thanks for this nice game! :)
Well, i have some related Problem:
Just now Colliseum just ... well... sucks (sorry for that), but its super slow and it freezes in midfight in all last 3 fights i had plus loosing energy, the victory chain isn't filled in Training ground (at least yesterday), enemies do very very often critical hits (also since yesterday) and the leveling von 4 to 5 just needs too much ep (or the enemies in Woodpath do not give me very much, also yesterday)...
Hope you can solve the colliseum Problems soon, i think you are already aware of it.
Anyway, thanks for this nice game! :)
banner_igel.png
[quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-11 05:55:00" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=1&id=42199#42310"]Refreshing or tabbing away removing energy is working as intended, though you're not doing so by choice. We wanted to prevent people who were losing a battle from cheating and navigating away to avoid the loss-penalty. Apologies for the bumpy ride. The codesmiths are making some great progress, but there's a lot to cover. The energy bar reacting in real-time is an interesting suggestion. :)[/quote] I do understand that the penalty is to prevent cheating (well, after the fact, now) and it makes sense. However, right now there's no indicator of this (or if there is, I sure missed it and feel dumb), so I had no idea it would apply to navigating out of the battle (I would click on the Coliseum link as a solution to stalled games). If I'd realised, I would've made the logical leap to "you lose energy as if you were fleeing." I hope I didn't come across as whinging or ungrateful. I'm a little frustrated and sad that I lost my progress, but I also do understand its a new site and everything's full of hiccups. That happens! (3 days in the long run really isn't a HUGE deal. I think I'm bothered more because I don't even know what bonuses I would've gotten out of keeping that bar up, and feel a little like I missed out on something cool? If that makes sense.) I guess if I want to find out what the bonuses are, I'll just have to peek over my roommate's shoulder tomorrow when they reach their cap of 3 days. [b]Thanks for taking the time to respond individually to me (that's been the biggest thing to impress me on the site so far is how hands-on and personable all the admins have been) [/b]and I'm glad you're interested in my suggestion. I definitely want to see something in place that will prevent suffering quite so much from my own ignorance a second time, and an update that's as quick/in the same real time as the messages/alerts/etc. menu seems to fit this well, in my opinion.

I do understand that the penalty is to prevent cheating (well, after the fact, now) and it makes sense. However, right now there's no indicator of this (or if there is, I sure missed it and feel dumb), so I had no idea it would apply to navigating out of the battle (I would click on the Coliseum link as a solution to stalled games). If I'd realised, I would've made the logical leap to "you lose energy as if you were fleeing."

I hope I didn't come across as whinging or ungrateful. I'm a little frustrated and sad that I lost my progress, but I also do understand its a new site and everything's full of hiccups. That happens! (3 days in the long run really isn't a HUGE deal. I think I'm bothered more because I don't even know what bonuses I would've gotten out of keeping that bar up, and feel a little like I missed out on something cool? If that makes sense.)

I guess if I want to find out what the bonuses are, I'll just have to peek over my roommate's shoulder tomorrow when they reach their cap of 3 days.

Thanks for taking the time to respond individually to me (that's been the biggest thing to impress me on the site so far is how hands-on and personable all the admins have been) and I'm glad you're interested in my suggestion. I definitely want to see something in place that will prevent suffering quite so much from my own ignorance a second time, and an update that's as quick/in the same real time as the messages/alerts/etc. menu seems to fit this well, in my opinion.
Gone for now. Can't fight this fight. I guess those calling me nasty names and saying I'm the insensitive, ignorant, cruel, demonising witch-hunter win.
For the time being, instead of penalizing energy when one leaves the coliseum, time the user out for like a minute where they can't access the coliseum. This will also reduce that server's load which is probably causing freezing.
For the time being, instead of penalizing energy when one leaves the coliseum, time the user out for like a minute where they can't access the coliseum. This will also reduce that server's load which is probably causing freezing.
Malo esse bonæ sub regno Textricis Lucis
Ask when you know not or cast yourself in chains of veiled silence. Question the darkness and the light within will reveal itself.
Insert Future Shop Banner Here
Text In Character will be distinguished by this colour.
I would just like to note I am running into the same problem. Coliseum often freezes for me so I refresh or go to another part of Flight Rising and I only recently noticed that my dragons lost nearly all my dragon's energy.
I would just like to note I am running into the same problem. Coliseum often freezes for me so I refresh or go to another part of Flight Rising and I only recently noticed that my dragons lost nearly all my dragon's energy.
37039_s.gif tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
This is becoming a problem for me to as the game freezes every battle now and I have to keep feeding my dragons to make up for "fleeing" every fight. >_<

This is becoming a problem for me to as the game freezes every battle now and I have to keep feeding my dragons to make up for "fleeing" every fight. >_<

I sell G2 Purebred Imps from dragons #181 and 182 Check my lair for listings.
Real-time energy bar reacting? I suppose it ... COULD be done ...

Freezing should no longer be happening, please let me know if you continue to get this.
Real-time energy bar reacting? I suppose it ... COULD be done ...

Freezing should no longer be happening, please let me know if you continue to get this.
Flight Rising Games/Interactivity Programmer ♪♫
I just got the nasty end of the freezing issue too. Between the coliseum going up and down and the energy depletion being taken on and off, I hadn&#039;t really seen any change, but I was forced to change page after the game lagged out and found that an absolutely MASSIVE chunk of my energy was gone. Not like, the cost of one fight or even two, I&#039;d gone from full to about 60/70% and therefore lost my &#039;well fed&#039; bonus. I&#039;m going to have to wait three days for that to go back up and I&#039;m really confused as to what happend. Did you make the flee or defeat penalty much higher? or am I suddenly being hit with all the losses and connection drops from previous encounters?

Either way I know that you&#039;re doing your best but I&#039;m honestly rather upset about that, just because of the amount of /real days/ that will take to get my bonus back. I&#039;m not bothered by a few gems or treasure but that&#039;s a lot of gather turns I lost with no warning.
I just got the nasty end of the freezing issue too. Between the coliseum going up and down and the energy depletion being taken on and off, I hadn&#039;t really seen any change, but I was forced to change page after the game lagged out and found that an absolutely MASSIVE chunk of my energy was gone. Not like, the cost of one fight or even two, I&#039;d gone from full to about 60/70% and therefore lost my &#039;well fed&#039; bonus. I&#039;m going to have to wait three days for that to go back up and I&#039;m really confused as to what happend. Did you make the flee or defeat penalty much higher? or am I suddenly being hit with all the losses and connection drops from previous encounters?

Either way I know that you&#039;re doing your best but I&#039;m honestly rather upset about that, just because of the amount of /real days/ that will take to get my bonus back. I&#039;m not bothered by a few gems or treasure but that&#039;s a lot of gather turns I lost with no warning.