Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hey! New player here ^^
Hey! I'm Flying, but I've had a variety of different names online so feel free to call me whatever. ^^ I signed up for this game a few months ago, but I'm actually just getting into playing it thanks to my friend @Tauress! Let me tell you a little bit about me~

As you'll learn pretty quickly if we talk, I'm a fairly straight-forward person. I usually say what I mean and don't do too many things that make me uncomfortable, but I'm not inconsiderate so please don't run away.<3 I can be a bit brutally honesty at times but I don't ever mean it in a harsh way.

If you could tell from my username, horses are a huge part of my life. I've been riding off and on since I've been around ten? Maybe younger, I don't even remember. My username is based off of the "flying lead chance change" that horses perform when cantering; basically for those who don't know, it's when a horse changes its leading leg in a canter without stopping. I ride and show dressage, although I have ridden in jumpers and western pleasure before. For those of you who don't know what dressage is, picture the really fancy English-looking style with white breeches, tall boots, a show coat, and a top hat (although of course I don't wear a top hat lmao) where the horse looks as though it's "dancing", and there you have dressage. It's a really, really precise style of riding, and even when you do everything perfect in a show you still barely get a decent score, but hey, it's really fun and helps you immensely with your riding.

I also do martial arts! Currently, I'm a green belt in karate, however my studio's style is more of a mixture of karate and taekwondo. If any of you are on the edge about it or never thought about doing martial arts before, it's really fun, and good workout. You can literally kick ***, and that's an amazing feeling.

I'm also a huge science nerd. Through high school, I studied biotechnology and performed procedures that my teacher didn't learn until her third year of college. Going into college now, I'm studying biochemistry my first three years, getting a bachelor's in that, and continuing on to earn my master's in biotechnology over the next two years hopefully (that's what the program says we'll do, but it's college so things always change.) I'm a huge supporter of GMOs since literally they're in every damn thing you eat whether you like it or not, and vaccines even though I'm not joking when I say I will fight the doctor every time he comes at me with a needle.

And in light of recent events, I'm going to say that I'm a huge supporter of Blue Lives Matter. Basically my entire family on both sides is involved in the police or military, or both, somehow, and I love them all to death and admire them greatly for everything they do to serve my country. A lot of people think that if you say blue lives matter, you can't think an other lives matter, but please, I do support All Lives Matter, so don't have a fit over me saying I love the police and military and everything they do to protect us.

I'd love to hear about you guys and meet new people! I also do create art, which can be found over on this thread here! I'm in a bit of need on how to price everything though, since I have no clue what the economy is like on this game. - http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1920892

Thanks for reading!<3
Hey! I'm Flying, but I've had a variety of different names online so feel free to call me whatever. ^^ I signed up for this game a few months ago, but I'm actually just getting into playing it thanks to my friend @Tauress! Let me tell you a little bit about me~

As you'll learn pretty quickly if we talk, I'm a fairly straight-forward person. I usually say what I mean and don't do too many things that make me uncomfortable, but I'm not inconsiderate so please don't run away.<3 I can be a bit brutally honesty at times but I don't ever mean it in a harsh way.

If you could tell from my username, horses are a huge part of my life. I've been riding off and on since I've been around ten? Maybe younger, I don't even remember. My username is based off of the "flying lead chance change" that horses perform when cantering; basically for those who don't know, it's when a horse changes its leading leg in a canter without stopping. I ride and show dressage, although I have ridden in jumpers and western pleasure before. For those of you who don't know what dressage is, picture the really fancy English-looking style with white breeches, tall boots, a show coat, and a top hat (although of course I don't wear a top hat lmao) where the horse looks as though it's "dancing", and there you have dressage. It's a really, really precise style of riding, and even when you do everything perfect in a show you still barely get a decent score, but hey, it's really fun and helps you immensely with your riding.

I also do martial arts! Currently, I'm a green belt in karate, however my studio's style is more of a mixture of karate and taekwondo. If any of you are on the edge about it or never thought about doing martial arts before, it's really fun, and good workout. You can literally kick ***, and that's an amazing feeling.

I'm also a huge science nerd. Through high school, I studied biotechnology and performed procedures that my teacher didn't learn until her third year of college. Going into college now, I'm studying biochemistry my first three years, getting a bachelor's in that, and continuing on to earn my master's in biotechnology over the next two years hopefully (that's what the program says we'll do, but it's college so things always change.) I'm a huge supporter of GMOs since literally they're in every damn thing you eat whether you like it or not, and vaccines even though I'm not joking when I say I will fight the doctor every time he comes at me with a needle.

And in light of recent events, I'm going to say that I'm a huge supporter of Blue Lives Matter. Basically my entire family on both sides is involved in the police or military, or both, somehow, and I love them all to death and admire them greatly for everything they do to serve my country. A lot of people think that if you say blue lives matter, you can't think an other lives matter, but please, I do support All Lives Matter, so don't have a fit over me saying I love the police and military and everything they do to protect us.

I'd love to hear about you guys and meet new people! I also do create art, which can be found over on this thread here! I'm in a bit of need on how to price everything though, since I have no clue what the economy is like on this game. - http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1920892

Thanks for reading!<3
ezgif_com_resize_by_equestriennes-dcklb5g.gif flyingchanges . she/her . commissions open
Horses ey? I've had a fair amount of involvement with 'em. Two almost took me arm off. And nearly trampled me dog.
Story goes, I was leadin' down the field an' all that, everything was goin' fine-ish, though they were bein' a bit stroppy and the like and then BAM, they see another horse, looked like any horse, but no, this horse was DANGEROUS. Apparently. To them, at least.
Either way, I dunno if they had a beef with this one or he was just scarily ugly in horse terms, but it was enough to send the both of em flying down the lane with me in the middle. It was at that point that I decided I didn't really want to go for this rolligan randy dandy o' of a ride and let go of the leads.
Nyoomph, off they went. Like I said, nearly took out the dog. Luckily, the gates were shut and what not, so they didn't manage to charge of into the sunset, taking out dogs, people and trees in their stride. And everything was lovely once again. Wonderful.

One of the things I find most annoying 'bout horses is that they are perfectly capable of killin' ya, but if they do it's only ever really gonna be because they were running away from something, the bloody cowards.
See, if a Tiger killed and ate ya, well, they'd have done it because they wanted to kill and eat ya. They respected you enough to actually take the time out of their day to make a not in their planning diary that said "Kill and eat this guy, 11:37 AM".
A horse kills ya, it's only ever gonna collateral damage from the SCARY NOISE or NEW GATE, and that particularly annoys me for some reason.

So, what's your story of injury or near injury/death involving horses? Come on, you gotta have one. If you don't then you haven't been involved with horses correctly.
If somehow you haven't lived your life in the DANGER ZONE, then feel free to tell me of some other, non horse-caused-injury related tale, poem a-la Michael Rosen style, or just enjoy the sweet...
Sound of Silence.
Horses ey? I've had a fair amount of involvement with 'em. Two almost took me arm off. And nearly trampled me dog.
Story goes, I was leadin' down the field an' all that, everything was goin' fine-ish, though they were bein' a bit stroppy and the like and then BAM, they see another horse, looked like any horse, but no, this horse was DANGEROUS. Apparently. To them, at least.
Either way, I dunno if they had a beef with this one or he was just scarily ugly in horse terms, but it was enough to send the both of em flying down the lane with me in the middle. It was at that point that I decided I didn't really want to go for this rolligan randy dandy o' of a ride and let go of the leads.
Nyoomph, off they went. Like I said, nearly took out the dog. Luckily, the gates were shut and what not, so they didn't manage to charge of into the sunset, taking out dogs, people and trees in their stride. And everything was lovely once again. Wonderful.

One of the things I find most annoying 'bout horses is that they are perfectly capable of killin' ya, but if they do it's only ever really gonna be because they were running away from something, the bloody cowards.
See, if a Tiger killed and ate ya, well, they'd have done it because they wanted to kill and eat ya. They respected you enough to actually take the time out of their day to make a not in their planning diary that said "Kill and eat this guy, 11:37 AM".
A horse kills ya, it's only ever gonna collateral damage from the SCARY NOISE or NEW GATE, and that particularly annoys me for some reason.

So, what's your story of injury or near injury/death involving horses? Come on, you gotta have one. If you don't then you haven't been involved with horses correctly.
If somehow you haven't lived your life in the DANGER ZONE, then feel free to tell me of some other, non horse-caused-injury related tale, poem a-la Michael Rosen style, or just enjoy the sweet...
Sound of Silence.
Just call me Ol' Jim John John Jackery Jim Jam Hickory Smoked Johnson
@Blackwell -

Ugh, I've had too many crazy experiences on horses haha. I'm fairly experienced, so my trainer likes to use me as a guinea pig to test out new horses.

The first time I ever fell was my first time jumping actually. We were just going over cross rails, but I was young and thought they were huge and it was such an accomplishment to go over them. I jumped it fine, but a dog barked across the yard and my horse spooked. I didn't know what to do, so of course I leaned forward to try and hold onto his neck, but when your horse spooks you never want to lean forward haha. He threw me over his shoulder and I was a bit shaken up, but I got back on and continued jumping. My friend and her mom were with me, and my friend's mom was of course freaking out thinking I had a concussion, but if I ever did get one I didn't feel any symptoms.

I've had a ton of experiences with horses spooking/bring stupid at with my trainer currently. I remember one time, my horse tripped and to catch himself he had to do a little buck, so that caught me really off guard. Another time I was testing out a new horse at the barn. I was in the dressage arena and someone else was riding along outside of it. When I asked the horse to go into a canter, he was perfectly fine until he caught sight of the other horse and chased after her. Needless to say, he got shipped back to where he came from. Another time I was trotting and I don't even know what this horse did, but he stopped suddenly and threw me forward. I felt like an acrobat because I swung across his neck and landed on my feet lol. I've had tons spook on me or take off when we cantered.

My trainer and I switched barns, and at this new one I've had some experiences too. One of the horses I exercise started doing flying changes while we were cantering and when I tried to correct the lead, he got ****** ticked (keep forgetting we can't curse on here x.x) and started acting like a maniac. I was jumping the same horse and right before the jump, he started doing flying changes. It was just a cross rail, but he ended up clearing the jump like it was 3 feet tall lol. After that I couldn't get him to stop cantering, but it was a slow canter thankfully so it was controllable. I exercise this pony who's known for bucking off kids, but thankfully he hasn't tried yet with me. I think he knows that I wouldn't let him get away with it after like the kids do lol.
@Blackwell -

Ugh, I've had too many crazy experiences on horses haha. I'm fairly experienced, so my trainer likes to use me as a guinea pig to test out new horses.

The first time I ever fell was my first time jumping actually. We were just going over cross rails, but I was young and thought they were huge and it was such an accomplishment to go over them. I jumped it fine, but a dog barked across the yard and my horse spooked. I didn't know what to do, so of course I leaned forward to try and hold onto his neck, but when your horse spooks you never want to lean forward haha. He threw me over his shoulder and I was a bit shaken up, but I got back on and continued jumping. My friend and her mom were with me, and my friend's mom was of course freaking out thinking I had a concussion, but if I ever did get one I didn't feel any symptoms.

I've had a ton of experiences with horses spooking/bring stupid at with my trainer currently. I remember one time, my horse tripped and to catch himself he had to do a little buck, so that caught me really off guard. Another time I was testing out a new horse at the barn. I was in the dressage arena and someone else was riding along outside of it. When I asked the horse to go into a canter, he was perfectly fine until he caught sight of the other horse and chased after her. Needless to say, he got shipped back to where he came from. Another time I was trotting and I don't even know what this horse did, but he stopped suddenly and threw me forward. I felt like an acrobat because I swung across his neck and landed on my feet lol. I've had tons spook on me or take off when we cantered.

My trainer and I switched barns, and at this new one I've had some experiences too. One of the horses I exercise started doing flying changes while we were cantering and when I tried to correct the lead, he got ****** ticked (keep forgetting we can't curse on here x.x) and started acting like a maniac. I was jumping the same horse and right before the jump, he started doing flying changes. It was just a cross rail, but he ended up clearing the jump like it was 3 feet tall lol. After that I couldn't get him to stop cantering, but it was a slow canter thankfully so it was controllable. I exercise this pony who's known for bucking off kids, but thankfully he hasn't tried yet with me. I think he knows that I wouldn't let him get away with it after like the kids do lol.
ezgif_com_resize_by_equestriennes-dcklb5g.gif flyingchanges . she/her . commissions open
I must say, I would never be one to claim that horses are overtly smart creatures.

Personally, I find working with plants as a more approachable hobby.
Less work.
And risk of horrible injury.
Also, you can insult them and hit the weeds with shovels and they can't do anything about it.
It's great.
I must say, I would never be one to claim that horses are overtly smart creatures.

Personally, I find working with plants as a more approachable hobby.
Less work.
And risk of horrible injury.
Also, you can insult them and hit the weeds with shovels and they can't do anything about it.
It's great.
Just call me Ol' Jim John John Jackery Jim Jam Hickory Smoked Johnson