Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Auction Length?
I’m auctioning off a XXY G1 this weekend, but I’m not sure how long auctions normally run for, not including snipe guards?
I’m auctioning off a XXY G1 this weekend, but I’m not sure how long auctions normally run for, not including snipe guards?
tumblr_inline_oau8reiKiO1soemy4_100.png Any Pronouns
FR + 3
Please Ping!
My Sales Lair Tab
My Sales Den Tab

Nest Network 3.4
Wishlist
My FR Tumblr
@GreenGalaxy

Unless you're thinking the price will go into tens of thousands of gems where many people would need to liquidate to get funds, I don't recommend longer than a week. That is, I suspect most people bidding are going from funds on hand or whatever they'll liquidate happens within a few days. The smaller the expected final bid the less time you need to give.

An example: if the expected final bid was 75,000 you could honestly have an auction length of a few hours because the Fairgrounds can be capped through several methods in under an hour.

Shorter than a day means someone is asleep and will miss the auction, even if you use a ping list which is highly recommended.

It's been a while since I auctioned anything, but I would shoot for at least one weekend day included and probably a minimum of 2 days.
@GreenGalaxy

Unless you're thinking the price will go into tens of thousands of gems where many people would need to liquidate to get funds, I don't recommend longer than a week. That is, I suspect most people bidding are going from funds on hand or whatever they'll liquidate happens within a few days. The smaller the expected final bid the less time you need to give.

An example: if the expected final bid was 75,000 you could honestly have an auction length of a few hours because the Fairgrounds can be capped through several methods in under an hour.

Shorter than a day means someone is asleep and will miss the auction, even if you use a ping list which is highly recommended.

It's been a while since I auctioned anything, but I would shoot for at least one weekend day included and probably a minimum of 2 days.
@Dagomor Thank you, this was very helpful!
@Dagomor Thank you, this was very helpful!
tumblr_inline_oau8reiKiO1soemy4_100.png Any Pronouns
FR + 3
Please Ping!
My Sales Lair Tab
My Sales Den Tab

Nest Network 3.4
Wishlist
My FR Tumblr