Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Spiral Arm-Wing Anatomy??
I really don't know if this goes here or Creative or one of the discussion boards, so if a moderator wants to move it, that's a-ok.

But.

Could someone help me a little with how Spiral arm-wings (and leg-wings for that matter) work? Looking at Roundsey for a better view of them, it looks like the 'fingers' of the wings should start at the outside of the wrist under the pinky claw, but she has one handpaw upturned and the wing there looks like it has 'fingers' sprouting from the wrist under the thumb claw. In the in-game art, it looks more like it comes down from the bottomside of the wrists or the arms, facing the ground, rather than either side of the wrists.

Please, Im but a confused little artist boy, and my mind cant grasp how the wings are working lol. ;w;

Thank you for any help!
I really don't know if this goes here or Creative or one of the discussion boards, so if a moderator wants to move it, that's a-ok.

But.

Could someone help me a little with how Spiral arm-wings (and leg-wings for that matter) work? Looking at Roundsey for a better view of them, it looks like the 'fingers' of the wings should start at the outside of the wrist under the pinky claw, but she has one handpaw upturned and the wing there looks like it has 'fingers' sprouting from the wrist under the thumb claw. In the in-game art, it looks more like it comes down from the bottomside of the wrists or the arms, facing the ground, rather than either side of the wrists.

Please, Im but a confused little artist boy, and my mind cant grasp how the wings are working lol. ;w;

Thank you for any help!
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
@mmuted Roundsey, like most of the NPC dragons, may have had some artistic liberties taken with her to make the composition a little better. Or someone just forgot which side of the wrist they were working with. Other than that, the only inconsistency is something weird that I'd never noticed before happening with males' right arm; it looks like the "right" option is having the wingbones come out of the pinky side of the wrist. That would make the most sense biologically, too, since that means the wings would be pointed outward with a natural arm position. The art is inconsistent about how far up the ankle/foot the leg wings start, but the positioning is, in general, basically the same. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=52&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=98&tertgene=0&winggene=14&wings=136&auth=78f805aa8392adba156a237090195455d5ce87b5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=98&tertgene=0&winggene=14&wings=136&auth=0e36f1c47fb796fd92803b826fba32e564d507e4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=98&tertgene=0&winggene=14&wings=136&auth=453080c9770390b79e7d358c107607147e4386e9&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@mmuted
Roundsey, like most of the NPC dragons, may have had some artistic liberties taken with her to make the composition a little better. Or someone just forgot which side of the wrist they were working with. Other than that, the only inconsistency is something weird that I'd never noticed before happening with males' right arm; it looks like the "right" option is having the wingbones come out of the pinky side of the wrist. That would make the most sense biologically, too, since that means the wings would be pointed outward with a natural arm position. The art is inconsistent about how far up the ankle/foot the leg wings start, but the positioning is, in general, basically the same.

dragon?age=0&body=52&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=98&tertgene=0&winggene=14&wings=136&auth=78f805aa8392adba156a237090195455d5ce87b5&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=98&tertgene=0&winggene=14&wings=136&auth=0e36f1c47fb796fd92803b826fba32e564d507e4&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=98&tertgene=0&winggene=14&wings=136&auth=453080c9770390b79e7d358c107607147e4386e9&dummyext=prev.png
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

Thank you! I hadn't even thought to look at the hatchling art, whoops. But yeah, I really just couldn't tell where it was supposed to be coming from. Thanks for your help.
@Leopardmask

Thank you! I hadn't even thought to look at the hatchling art, whoops. But yeah, I really just couldn't tell where it was supposed to be coming from. Thanks for your help.
@mmuted

From artist to artist, i went by what i felt was right, biologically and artistically. Here is my take on it from a piece i did for someone else.
@mmuted

From artist to artist, i went by what i felt was right, biologically and artistically. Here is my take on it from a piece i did for someone else.
Spr_2c_144_s.png Lucy (FR+3 / US EST)
ShinyVIStar.png art shop
ShinyVIStar.png wishlist
ShinyVIStar.png PM me for Toyhouse codes!!
70c9b36745a49fc9888c3550f61c4379c99dc258.png
@Frothtea

Thanks so much! Looks great by the way!
@Frothtea

Thanks so much! Looks great by the way!
@mmuted

Ah thanks! Hope it helps ya, and I'd love to see your work when you finish!
@mmuted

Ah thanks! Hope it helps ya, and I'd love to see your work when you finish!
Spr_2c_144_s.png Lucy (FR+3 / US EST)
ShinyVIStar.png art shop
ShinyVIStar.png wishlist
ShinyVIStar.png PM me for Toyhouse codes!!
70c9b36745a49fc9888c3550f61c4379c99dc258.png
RoyalT made a great guide for them that I use when I draw Spirals! I don't know if it will help, but I'll link it here anyway.
RoyalT made a great guide for them that I use when I draw Spirals! I don't know if it will help, but I'll link it here anyway.
TyYgOYZ.png Hey, one of these days
We'll all get by
Don't be afraid
Don't fall in line

- Mac Miller - Blue World (explicit)
FR+2 - Boss Quest - Ping @Virtualhel
@Virtualhel Oh gosh ty! Bookmarking.
@Virtualhel Oh gosh ty! Bookmarking.