Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Multiaccounting - what counts?
So can anyone please explain to me what technically counts as multi-accounting, that can then get both accounts banned? I have introduced my boyfriend to FR and he's interested in making his own account, but we share our computer. Even if he's logged into his own personal account (apart from my own account) when he then logs into FR on the internet, will it still count as having multiple accounts and get both of us banned? Even if the emails and everything in our personal information is different? .-.

I really want to help him create an account here, but I don't want to get banned in the process. xD
So can anyone please explain to me what technically counts as multi-accounting, that can then get both accounts banned? I have introduced my boyfriend to FR and he's interested in making his own account, but we share our computer. Even if he's logged into his own personal account (apart from my own account) when he then logs into FR on the internet, will it still count as having multiple accounts and get both of us banned? Even if the emails and everything in our personal information is different? .-.

I really want to help him create an account here, but I don't want to get banned in the process. xD
zdkBiZa.png
@LunaNightSky

Sharing a computer is fine.

The rules only forbid:
  • multiple people sharing one account
  • one person using multiple accounts
  • one or more accounts existing solely to benefit another

There's no automatic system that detects accounts using the same computer. After all, there are perfectly legitimate reasons for two accounts to use the same computer. You can also freely gift between each other without worry. So as long as your boyfriend's account doesn't solely exist to benefit yours (e.g. he only logs in to gather items, then sends all the items to your account, and doesn't play otherwise), there's no issue.

Some people who share the same IP address or computer as another user like to add a note on their profile page, like, "I share a computer with [username]." This isn't necessary, but you can do it if it makes you feel less worried.
@LunaNightSky

Sharing a computer is fine.

The rules only forbid:
  • multiple people sharing one account
  • one person using multiple accounts
  • one or more accounts existing solely to benefit another

There's no automatic system that detects accounts using the same computer. After all, there are perfectly legitimate reasons for two accounts to use the same computer. You can also freely gift between each other without worry. So as long as your boyfriend's account doesn't solely exist to benefit yours (e.g. he only logs in to gather items, then sends all the items to your account, and doesn't play otherwise), there's no issue.

Some people who share the same IP address or computer as another user like to add a note on their profile page, like, "I share a computer with [username]." This isn't necessary, but you can do it if it makes you feel less worried.
@Kasael

Alright, makes sense! Thanks for responding!
@Kasael

Alright, makes sense! Thanks for responding!
zdkBiZa.png