Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [MC] Help finding Woodland Mansion?
1 2
I've got a map to it but oh my god it must be far. I've been walking for hours! I tried at least 3 different directions from my base.

Do you guys have any tips to finding it x^x?
I've got a map to it but oh my god it must be far. I've been walking for hours! I tried at least 3 different directions from my base.

Do you guys have any tips to finding it x^x?
In Minecraft?
In Minecraft?
cDDSaqc.png
@GingaSnap
Yes, probably should've specified that :')
@GingaSnap
Yes, probably should've specified that :')
@Owlynx haha no worries!

If you're in survival then you can trade with cartographer villagers for a woodland explore map!

If you're in creative, command /locate mansion should work.

Just remember they're really really rare! I've only found like 2 naturally while playing survival.
@Owlynx haha no worries!

If you're in survival then you can trade with cartographer villagers for a woodland explore map!

If you're in creative, command /locate mansion should work.

Just remember they're really really rare! I've only found like 2 naturally while playing survival.
cDDSaqc.png
@GingaSnap
Yess, I've got one from my ol' boy Jack the Cartographer and been at the hunt for hours. I never knew they were that rare considering I found the ocean monument in 10 minutes.

I wish they updated maps to at least give you a better idea of where to look, going out for hours in one direction then doubling back sucks
@GingaSnap
Yess, I've got one from my ol' boy Jack the Cartographer and been at the hunt for hours. I never knew they were that rare considering I found the ocean monument in 10 minutes.

I wish they updated maps to at least give you a better idea of where to look, going out for hours in one direction then doubling back sucks
@Owlynx you can say that again! Good luck on your quest!
@Owlynx you can say that again! Good luck on your quest!
cDDSaqc.png
@Owlynx

You should be able to tell which way to go based off of where you are on the map then. Your dot should be somewhere on the edge of the map; use it to tell where you are in relation to the X. The top of the map is North, bottom is South, right is East and left is West. Press F3 to see which way you're facing ingame and use that to tell you which way is which.

Now you've just gotta find which directions you've got to head. For example, if your dot is in the far south east corner (bottom right corner of the map) use F3 to walk North until you line up with the X, then walk West until you find the mansion.

Know that it'l likely be ~10k blocks away, maybe further.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
@Owlynx

You should be able to tell which way to go based off of where you are on the map then. Your dot should be somewhere on the edge of the map; use it to tell where you are in relation to the X. The top of the map is North, bottom is South, right is East and left is West. Press F3 to see which way you're facing ingame and use that to tell you which way is which.

Now you've just gotta find which directions you've got to head. For example, if your dot is in the far south east corner (bottom right corner of the map) use F3 to walk North until you line up with the X, then walk West until you find the mansion.

Know that it'l likely be ~10k blocks away, maybe further.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
@EWSpirit
Massive help, thank you! My dot's in the top left corner.
@EWSpirit
Massive help, thank you! My dot's in the top left corner.
@Owlynx

Okay awesome! Then what you'll want to do is go south until you line up with the X and then start heading east. Eventually the dot will start getting bigger, and once it gets to its full size the map will start filling in like any other map.

I'm glad I could help!
@Owlynx

Okay awesome! Then what you'll want to do is go south until you line up with the X and then start heading east. Eventually the dot will start getting bigger, and once it gets to its full size the map will start filling in like any other map.

I'm glad I could help!
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
@EWSpirit
I found the mansion, thank you!! I also found the 2nd Ocean monument on a direct straight path towards the mansion o_o
@EWSpirit
I found the mansion, thank you!! I also found the 2nd Ocean monument on a direct straight path towards the mansion o_o
1 2