Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your favourite podcasts?
1 2
I'm really into podcasts rn, and at this rate I'm going to be out of episodes to listen to :')

SO, please recommend me your favourite podcasts! I'm pretty much open for everything, from fiction and audio dramas to true crime and talk shows :)

My favourite podcasts are:
  • King Falls AM: an audio drama about a weird small town and two radio hosts exploring the supernatural happenstances
  • Wolf 359: an audio drama about a dysfunctional crew on a space station, 50% funny & 50% drama
I'm really into podcasts rn, and at this rate I'm going to be out of episodes to listen to :')

SO, please recommend me your favourite podcasts! I'm pretty much open for everything, from fiction and audio dramas to true crime and talk shows :)

My favourite podcasts are:
  • King Falls AM: an audio drama about a weird small town and two radio hosts exploring the supernatural happenstances
  • Wolf 359: an audio drama about a dysfunctional crew on a space station, 50% funny & 50% drama
Stand Still. Stay Silent.
SciShow Tangents, a podcast from the people who run Scishow (science youtube channel)
-sorta set up like a gameshow? they have points they give out, for winning segments like "guess the true fact" and "which fact is cooler?" and they have a topic each episode like rodents or pregnancy

it's humor + fact
SciShow Tangents, a podcast from the people who run Scishow (science youtube channel)
-sorta set up like a gameshow? they have points they give out, for winning segments like "guess the true fact" and "which fact is cooler?" and they have a topic each episode like rodents or pregnancy

it's humor + fact
57vDzYs.png
I listen to way too many to list that are all part of the Maximum Fun network, so look them up and you're sure to find one (or ten) new podcasts to enjoy!
I listen to way too many to list that are all part of the Maximum Fun network, so look them up and you're sure to find one (or ten) new podcasts to enjoy!
9iqeDz7.png
I'm not huge into podcasts, and the only one that keeps my attention is And Thats Why We Drink. I love them so much that I've seen them live before. Its by two gals, Em and Christine. Each episode Em covers a paranormal story and Christine does a true crime story. Love the topic, and those two are so funny together.
I'm not huge into podcasts, and the only one that keeps my attention is And Thats Why We Drink. I love them so much that I've seen them live before. Its by two gals, Em and Christine. Each episode Em covers a paranormal story and Christine does a true crime story. Love the topic, and those two are so funny together.
23wp0HU.png
maybe Critical Role?

its not really a podcast, but I use it that way while I'm doing things around the house.

Its just voice actors playing dnd + its a lot of fun. Im on episode 51 of campaign one :)
maybe Critical Role?

its not really a podcast, but I use it that way while I'm doing things around the house.

Its just voice actors playing dnd + its a lot of fun. Im on episode 51 of campaign one :)
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
David Tennant does a podcast with... is one of my all time favourites;
Archive 81 is kind of a horror podcast, and i love it;
And of course, Welcome to Night Vale.
David Tennant does a podcast with... is one of my all time favourites;
Archive 81 is kind of a horror podcast, and i love it;
And of course, Welcome to Night Vale.
bfbf2a0f859f7366d61e4d75eb1520e9.png cc58de6c868a8e0af7b39907c4bd948f.png f689ce8ae278379c13e81ec9af84bb91.png
Here are a few that I like!
  • The NoSleep Podcast - It's a horror fiction telling podcast. The stories really seem to come alive, especially in the later seasons, because of some really good voice actor's/narrators. *
  • Darkest Night - This one is a binaural horror drama podcast. The binaural audio makes it sound like you are really in the story, it's super cool. It also has a pretty cool storyline to boot. *
  • Serial Killers - This is a true crime podcast that centers around serial killers, what they've done, and the psychology behind them. *
  • The Trypod - This one is a complete 180 from all the ones I've mentioned before! The Trypod is a comedy/lifestyle/talk show kind of podcast put on by the Try Guys from youtube.
  • Ear Biscuits - This is another podcast from some youtubers, Rhett and Link. They're life-long best friends an in the podcast they sit and talk about a question/situation.
  • Astonishing Legends - A podcast about all kind of legendary, strange, or unusual events throughout history. Anything from aliens to Amelia Earhart's disappearance. Lot's of good content in this one.

*These podcasts may contain some graphic content, listen at your discretion.

Here are a few that I like!
  • The NoSleep Podcast - It's a horror fiction telling podcast. The stories really seem to come alive, especially in the later seasons, because of some really good voice actor's/narrators. *
  • Darkest Night - This one is a binaural horror drama podcast. The binaural audio makes it sound like you are really in the story, it's super cool. It also has a pretty cool storyline to boot. *
  • Serial Killers - This is a true crime podcast that centers around serial killers, what they've done, and the psychology behind them. *
  • The Trypod - This one is a complete 180 from all the ones I've mentioned before! The Trypod is a comedy/lifestyle/talk show kind of podcast put on by the Try Guys from youtube.
  • Ear Biscuits - This is another podcast from some youtubers, Rhett and Link. They're life-long best friends an in the podcast they sit and talk about a question/situation.
  • Astonishing Legends - A podcast about all kind of legendary, strange, or unusual events throughout history. Anything from aliens to Amelia Earhart's disappearance. Lot's of good content in this one.

*These podcasts may contain some graphic content, listen at your discretion.

Snips
• He/him or they/them • +2 FR time •

Click Me!
lRspg.gif jMtIr.gif y6M2Q.gif
[quote name="casscain" date="2019-06-25 12:55:14" ]The Magnus Archives: spooky stories connected by an overarching spooky plot[/quote] TMA is very good and one of my current main favorites. (Jon......) I've just started listening to [b]I Am In Eskew[/b], which feels very [u]stranger[/u] and occasionally a big gory/leans pretty far into the body horror at times. [b]The Penumbra Podcast[/b] is very [i]very[/i] good. There's two main-ish storylines, one follows a noir detective, running around a town and trying to do better. The other one follows a group of knights, combating monsters and trying to figure out their places in the world. I listen to a lot of actual play podcasts, — [b]Six Feats Under, Fellowship[/b] and [b]Mouse Guard[/b] campaigns are both very good for different reasons. Their Fellowship/To Winter's End campaign focuses on four young adults who are just trying their best to stop the end of the world and figure out themselves. Mouse Guard has been ramping up tensions between being incredibly cute about two groups of mice defending the settlements from various threats. Ultimately this has left me feeling good about the world. — [b]Friends at the Table[/b] is a lot. It's just so much. There's a lot of mood whiplash between very sad, terrifying things and very funny things. If you like disaster adults just really leaning into bad decisions and struggling to build something out if it, backdropped by philosophy and just really cool plot/setting decisions, you've got three places to start. [b]Marielda[/b] if you like steampunk/fantasy/thieves. [b]COUNTER/weight[/b] if you like scifi/cyberpunk. [b]Twilight Mirage[/b] if you want something about a positive world and beautifully self indulgent. — [b]Autonomic[/b] is very cute, kid friendly, about a bunch of kids who are doing their best having gotten new powers and in a school to learn about how to use their abilities. It's very funny and very sweet.
casscain wrote on 2019-06-25 12:55:14:
The Magnus Archives: spooky stories connected by an overarching spooky plot
TMA is very good and one of my current main favorites. (Jon......)

I've just started listening to I Am In Eskew, which feels very stranger and occasionally a big gory/leans pretty far into the body horror at times.

The Penumbra Podcast is very very good. There's two main-ish storylines, one follows a noir detective, running around a town and trying to do better. The other one follows a group of knights, combating monsters and trying to figure out their places in the world.

I listen to a lot of actual play podcasts,
Six Feats Under, Fellowship and Mouse Guard campaigns are both very good for different reasons. Their Fellowship/To Winter's End campaign focuses on four young adults who are just trying their best to stop the end of the world and figure out themselves. Mouse Guard has been ramping up tensions between being incredibly cute about two groups of mice defending the settlements from various threats. Ultimately this has left me feeling good about the world.

Friends at the Table is a lot. It's just so much. There's a lot of mood whiplash between very sad, terrifying things and very funny things. If you like disaster adults just really leaning into bad decisions and struggling to build something out if it, backdropped by philosophy and just really cool plot/setting decisions, you've got three places to start. Marielda if you like steampunk/fantasy/thieves. COUNTER/weight if you like scifi/cyberpunk. Twilight Mirage if you want something about a positive world and beautifully self indulgent.

Autonomic is very cute, kid friendly, about a bunch of kids who are doing their best having gotten new powers and in a school to learn about how to use their abilities. It's very funny and very sweet.
hvtchsg.png . she/her . art . art shop . hatchery
Hehe

Small Town Murder : A true crime podcast with a dash of humor. All humor is aimed at the place it takes part in or the criminal, never the victim. Warning, there's use of foul language.

Welcome to Night Vale : A funny fictional podcast about a small town named Night Vale. The weather forcast is a musical break.
Hehe

Small Town Murder : A true crime podcast with a dash of humor. All humor is aimed at the place it takes part in or the criminal, never the victim. Warning, there's use of foul language.

Welcome to Night Vale : A funny fictional podcast about a small town named Night Vale. The weather forcast is a musical break.
1RIYgbj.gif 5BsilZ9.png
QUIpVFE.png
Vs2WmBF.png
mtHAEL4.png
PRICTGJ.png

Dungeon Runners Podcast : a bunch of friends talk about random stuff and sometimes play D&D

H3H3 : usually talks about what's happening right now or interviews other youtubers

Cold Ones : 2 guys get really drunk and talk about random stuff, usually with another person

I'm surprised no one else here watches h3h3
Dungeon Runners Podcast : a bunch of friends talk about random stuff and sometimes play D&D

H3H3 : usually talks about what's happening right now or interviews other youtubers

Cold Ones : 2 guys get really drunk and talk about random stuff, usually with another person

I'm surprised no one else here watches h3h3
akueye3.png
1 2