Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How does this site works?
Just to say in advance that I understand it takes a lot of work to create a site like this and no I'm not planning to make one, I was procrastinating just wondering how does this site actually works? Coding-wise and other stuff on the technical side.

If I have to guess, I'd say theres the web-hosting service part, and databases for both the sites's stuff (items & familiars, etc) and for users' stuff (familiars that I have), and a forum part thats all linked together. But thats all I can guess.

Now that I'm typing this, I'm actually curious how the dragons are generated as well. I heard somewhere that the site changed from artists-colouring-every-dragon to using a image generator of sort? But does the generator creates all the images and then store them in the database which gets pulled out when the codes match, or does the generator received the code for what image is needed and put it together?

Anyway, it'd be great if someone tech-savy could explain this to me, the more detailed the better :)
Just to say in advance that I understand it takes a lot of work to create a site like this and no I'm not planning to make one, I was procrastinating just wondering how does this site actually works? Coding-wise and other stuff on the technical side.

If I have to guess, I'd say theres the web-hosting service part, and databases for both the sites's stuff (items & familiars, etc) and for users' stuff (familiars that I have), and a forum part thats all linked together. But thats all I can guess.

Now that I'm typing this, I'm actually curious how the dragons are generated as well. I heard somewhere that the site changed from artists-colouring-every-dragon to using a image generator of sort? But does the generator creates all the images and then store them in the database which gets pulled out when the codes match, or does the generator received the code for what image is needed and put it together?

Anyway, it'd be great if someone tech-savy could explain this to me, the more detailed the better :)
41iIz95.png
I'm going to bump this, and subscribe, since this is interesting to me as well! I know that one of the Developers, Undel I believe, actually has books on how to draw, look up "Dragonart" on Amazon.
I'm going to bump this, and subscribe, since this is interesting to me as well! I know that one of the Developers, Undel I believe, actually has books on how to draw, look up "Dragonart" on Amazon.
H5oS9j0.png
Please ping me even if you're not interested in the dragons I show you :)
Bump! Its good to know I'm not the only one interested :)
Bump! Its good to know I'm not the only one interested :)
41iIz95.png
Be careful about bumping here you guys. It’s against the rules on every single topic board with the exception of the “Auctions” one!

JUST WANTED TO GIVE A QUICK WARNING. Mods will lock it otherwise if it’s bumped too much.
Be careful about bumping here you guys. It’s against the rules on every single topic board with the exception of the “Auctions” one!

JUST WANTED TO GIVE A QUICK WARNING. Mods will lock it otherwise if it’s bumped too much.
This user has Autism and epilepsy, please be nice to her.
This is a pretty interesting set of questions!

I'm super glad that the dragons are autogenerated, though! I've been playing on Aywas for several years, and the breeding takes soooo long, because each baby has to be created by artists and then approved, and it's such a bum waiting for them to arrive. Though it is also exciting, I much prefer the method employed here on FR :)

This is a pretty interesting set of questions!

I'm super glad that the dragons are autogenerated, though! I've been playing on Aywas for several years, and the breeding takes soooo long, because each baby has to be created by artists and then approved, and it's such a bum waiting for them to arrive. Though it is also exciting, I much prefer the method employed here on FR :)

135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
I know exactly how they did it, c:. I am a web designer myself, however I aren't advance or that good as they are. It takes 3 languages of webdesign, HTML and CSS ( To build a site and make a style design like this. ) Next they use another language called PHP. Basically it allows you to add behaviors and so on. c: Making it more believably alive with images!

However it may sound hard, but PHP is harder than HTML and CSS language. Because it requires Command Prompt. And it is hard to set it up if you don't have things to do it, I myself am trying to build a site like this but with my own species. And I found a tutorial on that, however as I gotten to Command Prompt, I found out I cannot continue due to this one issue on it. :c Hopefully that get solve soon. Anyway I hope that answers your question and others as well. ^ ^
Also you need some understanding in code language to even make a site or game, I learn this the hard way lol.

It is hard to make a site as I said, but it is fun to do once you understand it, I build a site from complete sketch of code and images that I drawn! However it is down due to payment with the link.

Here is a screenshot of it when it was up. c: ( And yes I drawn one of my characters, which is a persona of mine when I was so happy 2 years ago.)

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/54aff0f1-b2b9-421a-a87e-8243777879ee/dax40d8-690018fb-c1ee-4bee-9cbe-c95dfe7ba79e.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_644,q_80,strp/i_am_so_hype_for_this__by_angelcnderdream14_dax40d8-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjQ0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTRhZmYwZjEtYjJiOS00MjFhLWE4N2UtODI0Mzc3Nzg3OWVlXC9kYXg0MGQ4LTY5MDAxOGZiLWMxZWUtNGJlZS05Y2JlLWM5NWRmZTdiYTc5ZS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.MhLyB4QLztr8vptExZp_84TXefz6IP_EBqcT4xo0eHM

( Okay I lied turns out, the image is actually before it was live and public, but it was up once! Some day my baby shall return. c:)

Anyway I am still learning web design but this is what I know, still hope this was helpful, sorry for the long text tho lol. I get carry away some times.
I know exactly how they did it, c:. I am a web designer myself, however I aren't advance or that good as they are. It takes 3 languages of webdesign, HTML and CSS ( To build a site and make a style design like this. ) Next they use another language called PHP. Basically it allows you to add behaviors and so on. c: Making it more believably alive with images!

However it may sound hard, but PHP is harder than HTML and CSS language. Because it requires Command Prompt. And it is hard to set it up if you don't have things to do it, I myself am trying to build a site like this but with my own species. And I found a tutorial on that, however as I gotten to Command Prompt, I found out I cannot continue due to this one issue on it. :c Hopefully that get solve soon. Anyway I hope that answers your question and others as well. ^ ^
Also you need some understanding in code language to even make a site or game, I learn this the hard way lol.

It is hard to make a site as I said, but it is fun to do once you understand it, I build a site from complete sketch of code and images that I drawn! However it is down due to payment with the link.

Here is a screenshot of it when it was up. c: ( And yes I drawn one of my characters, which is a persona of mine when I was so happy 2 years ago.)

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/54aff0f1-b2b9-421a-a87e-8243777879ee/dax40d8-690018fb-c1ee-4bee-9cbe-c95dfe7ba79e.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_644,q_80,strp/i_am_so_hype_for_this__by_angelcnderdream14_dax40d8-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjQ0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTRhZmYwZjEtYjJiOS00MjFhLWE4N2UtODI0Mzc3Nzg3OWVlXC9kYXg0MGQ4LTY5MDAxOGZiLWMxZWUtNGJlZS05Y2JlLWM5NWRmZTdiYTc5ZS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.MhLyB4QLztr8vptExZp_84TXefz6IP_EBqcT4xo0eHM

( Okay I lied turns out, the image is actually before it was live and public, but it was up once! Some day my baby shall return. c:)

Anyway I am still learning web design but this is what I know, still hope this was helpful, sorry for the long text tho lol. I get carry away some times.
My commissions are open! More info here: Click here