Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fursona redesign thoughts/help/input?
Hello there people! So I've got things I'm wanting to discuss with anyone who wants to talk with me aha

I went through a lot of different fursonas when I was younger (ages 10-19 I went through over 10 characters at least I called "sonas") and I went through all of the stages; the warrior sona, the wolf sona, the dragon sona, the pokesonas, the personas, and finally I rested on this guy here, renegade. When I was younger I thought having the flashiest, most unique, different looking sona was the most important (no offense to people who have awesome unique looking ones!) but I wanted a more simple, casual looking one after going through some crazy ones and I really liked renegade a lot.

Their primary thing is that they have serval markings and glasses but the colours are different every time they're drawn depending completely on whatever the artist felt like. I thought this was a really cool idea and I love colour so having renegade in all these different colour schemes made me real happy!

But one time I asked for critique on them, someone made a solid point in saying that while the colour change is fun, it takes away anything inhereitly unique about the design. There nothing to say it is the same character across the board. I took this into consideration and had some ideas last night.

This last week has been chaos IRL and I always get most inspired when I am depressed, so I have some concepts on how to mix up my fursona.

First off, I would change renegade's name to mine and simply call them Vincent or Vinny, keep them otherwise the same.

Next I would add two sub sonas. First part is another anthro serval named Renegade and second part is a jackalope named Stray.

I have become a huge fan of antlers and horns on not normally horned creatures a lot since I've made renegade originally, jackalopes started that for me early this year, and I also would like a bunny character to reflect my own weakness and misgivings, but I still consider myself a serval furry-wise, which is the reason for the species. Stray would have long floppy ears and very small nubs for antlers, they will be very cutest and small, unintimidating, to replicate how I look and feel in real life. I dislike being small and being so meek in person, so Stray would be me trying to overcome that-- they'd be amitious and work hard and have to speak louder to be heard, but be able to make it. They're the "try" in my life, and overcoming this **** period in my life. They'd also be male but very feminine, which also is something that bothers them and they have to fight to overcome.

Renegade will be a serval, much like the original renegade, but will be monochrome colours. Probably taking inspiration from genets when it comes to markings, mixing them with serval markings, and maybe silver or white eyes. They will have three pairs of horns I'd sketch out when I commission a ref; the first are two small but sharp nubs near their brow, close the eyes, the second pair an inch or two higher and a little taller, also sharp, with the third pair a large pair of anters. They will have the base be a long curve like buck antlers, with three spikes coming off horizontally like fingers on both sides, curving inwards. They will likely be male, to stand for my aggressive and angry side, the emotions and bad habbits I'm fighting to work towards being a better person. Renegade would always be serious with a feral look to their eyes.

Renegade and Stray would be two parts of the same coin, both anthro while Stray can also be a small feral rabbit. Renegade is always looking over Stray's shoulder, both egging them on and silently judging or threatening them, but also their sole protector. I have this image of anthro Renegade holding small feral Stray in their hands to show how fragile he is and the start difference in their sizes, but Stray remains the stronger one.

Idk am I just overcomplicating my sonas again? I'd like any input ;;
Hello there people! So I've got things I'm wanting to discuss with anyone who wants to talk with me aha

I went through a lot of different fursonas when I was younger (ages 10-19 I went through over 10 characters at least I called "sonas") and I went through all of the stages; the warrior sona, the wolf sona, the dragon sona, the pokesonas, the personas, and finally I rested on this guy here, renegade. When I was younger I thought having the flashiest, most unique, different looking sona was the most important (no offense to people who have awesome unique looking ones!) but I wanted a more simple, casual looking one after going through some crazy ones and I really liked renegade a lot.

Their primary thing is that they have serval markings and glasses but the colours are different every time they're drawn depending completely on whatever the artist felt like. I thought this was a really cool idea and I love colour so having renegade in all these different colour schemes made me real happy!

But one time I asked for critique on them, someone made a solid point in saying that while the colour change is fun, it takes away anything inhereitly unique about the design. There nothing to say it is the same character across the board. I took this into consideration and had some ideas last night.

This last week has been chaos IRL and I always get most inspired when I am depressed, so I have some concepts on how to mix up my fursona.

First off, I would change renegade's name to mine and simply call them Vincent or Vinny, keep them otherwise the same.

Next I would add two sub sonas. First part is another anthro serval named Renegade and second part is a jackalope named Stray.

I have become a huge fan of antlers and horns on not normally horned creatures a lot since I've made renegade originally, jackalopes started that for me early this year, and I also would like a bunny character to reflect my own weakness and misgivings, but I still consider myself a serval furry-wise, which is the reason for the species. Stray would have long floppy ears and very small nubs for antlers, they will be very cutest and small, unintimidating, to replicate how I look and feel in real life. I dislike being small and being so meek in person, so Stray would be me trying to overcome that-- they'd be amitious and work hard and have to speak louder to be heard, but be able to make it. They're the "try" in my life, and overcoming this **** period in my life. They'd also be male but very feminine, which also is something that bothers them and they have to fight to overcome.

Renegade will be a serval, much like the original renegade, but will be monochrome colours. Probably taking inspiration from genets when it comes to markings, mixing them with serval markings, and maybe silver or white eyes. They will have three pairs of horns I'd sketch out when I commission a ref; the first are two small but sharp nubs near their brow, close the eyes, the second pair an inch or two higher and a little taller, also sharp, with the third pair a large pair of anters. They will have the base be a long curve like buck antlers, with three spikes coming off horizontally like fingers on both sides, curving inwards. They will likely be male, to stand for my aggressive and angry side, the emotions and bad habbits I'm fighting to work towards being a better person. Renegade would always be serious with a feral look to their eyes.

Renegade and Stray would be two parts of the same coin, both anthro while Stray can also be a small feral rabbit. Renegade is always looking over Stray's shoulder, both egging them on and silently judging or threatening them, but also their sole protector. I have this image of anthro Renegade holding small feral Stray in their hands to show how fragile he is and the start difference in their sizes, but Stray remains the stronger one.

Idk am I just overcomplicating my sonas again? I'd like any input ;;
I actually do the same thing!! And also I think its very common when people make sonas/ocs based on themselves that they tend to kinda split themselves up and put a bit of themselves in every character.
Personally it makes sense for me bc fitting all of me in a single character is Chaotic and difficult, but splitting myself up into different sonas (for me its a hyena and a jackalope atm!) allows me to explore and express the different parts and sides of me!
Hopefully that makes sense lol. Also I really love vincents design!!! He looks wonderful!!
Also also if you do wanna talk more feel free to message me! Just like....say where I know you from so bc im really bad at remembering usernames lol
[Edit!] @TuxTheStrayCat pinging u just in case! Idk how notifs work when u start a forum thread
I actually do the same thing!! And also I think its very common when people make sonas/ocs based on themselves that they tend to kinda split themselves up and put a bit of themselves in every character.
Personally it makes sense for me bc fitting all of me in a single character is Chaotic and difficult, but splitting myself up into different sonas (for me its a hyena and a jackalope atm!) allows me to explore and express the different parts and sides of me!
Hopefully that makes sense lol. Also I really love vincents design!!! He looks wonderful!!
Also also if you do wanna talk more feel free to message me! Just like....say where I know you from so bc im really bad at remembering usernames lol
[Edit!] @TuxTheStrayCat pinging u just in case! Idk how notifs work when u start a forum thread
Danny/Finn [they/them]
tumblr_inline_pi905oipaz1rhxln1_100.pngtumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o6_100.png tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png