Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragons Of Pern Series
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
@TheDarkerDepth

What order am I supposed to read them in? I am utterly confused at to where the books are in the timeline.
@TheDarkerDepth

What order am I supposed to read them in? I am utterly confused at to where the books are in the timeline.
“Gently my mind escapes into the relaxing mode of pleasure.
A pleasure that will take my mind off the reality of life."
--Slipknot
@dragonsmirk

And then after that trilogy, I was going to read the one(forgot the name) where Dragondrums was in, is that good for a second arc?
@dragonsmirk

And then after that trilogy, I was going to read the one(forgot the name) where Dragondrums was in, is that good for a second arc?
--Slipknot
@Nightwhisper666
A quick google search brings up this. Chronological Order of Books.

I suggest stasrting there, or just picking up Dragonsong, since it was the first book published.
@Nightwhisper666
A quick google search brings up this. Chronological Order of Books.

I suggest stasrting there, or just picking up Dragonsong, since it was the first book published.
The last thing on my list of things to do is try dying
If you wanna live forever, then you will die trying.
@Nightwhisper666

Yeah, the Harper Hall trilogy is good for a second arc.

Dragonflight
Dragonquest
The White Dragon

and then

Dragonsong
Dragonsinger
Dragondrums

is the order.
@Nightwhisper666

Yeah, the Harper Hall trilogy is good for a second arc.

Dragonflight
Dragonquest
The White Dragon

and then

Dragonsong
Dragonsinger
Dragondrums

is the order.
24487.png24488.png
@TheDarkerDepth

Thank you! I hope it is accurate!
@TheDarkerDepth

Thank you! I hope it is accurate!
--Slipknot
@Dragonsmirk

Alright thank you!

Just a random question.. what were you fav and least fav parts of the series?
@Dragonsmirk

Alright thank you!

Just a random question.. what were you fav and least fav parts of the series?
--Slipknot
I would highly recommend this series, and a lot of people seem to forget them lol. Anne Mccaffrey basically introduced and popularized non-evil dragons with these books, dragons that work with humans and don't just eat them. I would definitely start with Dragonflight and then read the full series from Dragonsdawn if you like the original 3 :) For your question my favorite book (I haven't read any of Todd's recent ones, no access) would either have to be The White Dragon or Moreta. Least favorite... well for me that's tough and depends on if why its my least favorite part matters. Also it's spoiler-y lol
I would highly recommend this series, and a lot of people seem to forget them lol. Anne Mccaffrey basically introduced and popularized non-evil dragons with these books, dragons that work with humans and don't just eat them. I would definitely start with Dragonflight and then read the full series from Dragonsdawn if you like the original 3 :) For your question my favorite book (I haven't read any of Todd's recent ones, no access) would either have to be The White Dragon or Moreta. Least favorite... well for me that's tough and depends on if why its my least favorite part matters. Also it's spoiler-y lol
95154e6f88761c97ae7010a4917ba626.gif
@Freydra

I hear such mixed reviews about the series. What are you favorite and least fav things about it?
@Freydra

I hear such mixed reviews about the series. What are you favorite and least fav things about it?
--Slipknot
@Nightwhisper666 I love the dragons, especially since they are such a large part of the stories. As a huge dragon lover I find it difficult to find books with enough dragon in them. I also really love the nice balance between sci fi and fantasy. For the most part it is sci fi (and there is a lot of science going on in some lol) but the world and the dragons feel very medieval fantasy, but that could just be me. I grew up reading these so I may not be the best judge. There are characters to love and characters to hate but sometimes anyone who isn't a main character can be kinda flat... honestly it's probably a lot of nostalgia but I have a really hard time thinking of things that I dislike
@Nightwhisper666 I love the dragons, especially since they are such a large part of the stories. As a huge dragon lover I find it difficult to find books with enough dragon in them. I also really love the nice balance between sci fi and fantasy. For the most part it is sci fi (and there is a lot of science going on in some lol) but the world and the dragons feel very medieval fantasy, but that could just be me. I grew up reading these so I may not be the best judge. There are characters to love and characters to hate but sometimes anyone who isn't a main character can be kinda flat... honestly it's probably a lot of nostalgia but I have a really hard time thinking of things that I dislike
95154e6f88761c97ae7010a4917ba626.gif
@Freydra

How do you feel about Todd? I hear bad things about him
@Freydra

How do you feel about Todd? I hear bad things about him
--Slipknot
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45