Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Terrifying stories from your life
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@Jugdral same! But you have a cat to protect you! Or to just sit and do cat things.
@Jugdral same! But you have a cat to protect you! Or to just sit and do cat things.
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
@Scorpiontail

Not sure if you're being facetious with that hug comment, but no. There's a bunch more that I left out regarding that family since I was stuck with them for 14 years. It's been over 10 years since I've been around them. I guess stuff like that just sticks.

Though I think what's worse is that after getting out of that, I found a few friends who had similar behavior for seven years and denying it until they just got too "on point" with their behavior to ignore. Like some of the ways they behaved were nearly word for word, act for act. I'm mostly ashamed at myself for not accepting it and moving on earlier instead of wasting years on them.
@Scorpiontail

Not sure if you're being facetious with that hug comment, but no. There's a bunch more that I left out regarding that family since I was stuck with them for 14 years. It's been over 10 years since I've been around them. I guess stuff like that just sticks.

Though I think what's worse is that after getting out of that, I found a few friends who had similar behavior for seven years and denying it until they just got too "on point" with their behavior to ignore. Like some of the ways they behaved were nearly word for word, act for act. I'm mostly ashamed at myself for not accepting it and moving on earlier instead of wasting years on them.
dyk3ud.jpg
@Emperoar I was completely serous with everything I said, including the hug, I've been through the same stuff with my own mother. I moved out and I live with my father now. I'm still wasting time on her. Hoping she'll change but I know she won't. Then there are the people who act like her that I hang around. It really sucks to go through this, it's like these things follow you around, and I want to help anyone who has or is going through similar situations.
@Emperoar I was completely serous with everything I said, including the hug, I've been through the same stuff with my own mother. I moved out and I live with my father now. I'm still wasting time on her. Hoping she'll change but I know she won't. Then there are the people who act like her that I hang around. It really sucks to go through this, it's like these things follow you around, and I want to help anyone who has or is going through similar situations.
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
@scorpiontail

Ah, I see. As much as one can have hope regarding whether someone will change, the only person who can really decide to do that is themselves. If they can't see what they are doing to themselves and their loved ones, then they just don't unfortunately. It's especially scary when they are able to put on a nice face to people who are not their target, and fool them into thinking everything is fine. That kind of behavior happened with my mother and the friends I had been with. It really makes you feel like you're trapped with them since no one else seems to see what's going on, even if you tell them everything.

I'm glad you are not in that situation anymore, hopefully things are better and will continue to get better. Acceptance and moving on takes time after all. I'm still working on moving on myself. The hardest thing is not holding a grudge against them for their actions.
@scorpiontail

Ah, I see. As much as one can have hope regarding whether someone will change, the only person who can really decide to do that is themselves. If they can't see what they are doing to themselves and their loved ones, then they just don't unfortunately. It's especially scary when they are able to put on a nice face to people who are not their target, and fool them into thinking everything is fine. That kind of behavior happened with my mother and the friends I had been with. It really makes you feel like you're trapped with them since no one else seems to see what's going on, even if you tell them everything.

I'm glad you are not in that situation anymore, hopefully things are better and will continue to get better. Acceptance and moving on takes time after all. I'm still working on moving on myself. The hardest thing is not holding a grudge against them for their actions.
dyk3ud.jpg
@Emperoar Yeah, she has gotten better but idk if it'll last long. Kinda the reason I made this thread, I get to read stories and relive my own similar experiences and attempt to forget for a moment what has happened or might happen. It does feel good to talk about this with someone though, kinda helps heal you know.
@Emperoar Yeah, she has gotten better but idk if it'll last long. Kinda the reason I made this thread, I get to read stories and relive my own similar experiences and attempt to forget for a moment what has happened or might happen. It does feel good to talk about this with someone though, kinda helps heal you know.
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
@scorpiontail
Oh dear, I can relate. They get better, they seem to be getting the help they need whether its medication or counseling, and then they dive right back into old behavior maybe a year or a few months after like it never happened. It's stressful to deal with and in the long term, tiring, since it starts to be routine. On them it just worsens the relationship because they're making promises they don't keep.

Reading stories like these can make you feel like you're not so alone. If you like you can PM me whenever if you want to talk or just need someone to listen. I'm open to it.
@scorpiontail
Oh dear, I can relate. They get better, they seem to be getting the help they need whether its medication or counseling, and then they dive right back into old behavior maybe a year or a few months after like it never happened. It's stressful to deal with and in the long term, tiring, since it starts to be routine. On them it just worsens the relationship because they're making promises they don't keep.

Reading stories like these can make you feel like you're not so alone. If you like you can PM me whenever if you want to talk or just need someone to listen. I'm open to it.
dyk3ud.jpg
@Emperoar Okay, I'll remember that! Thank you!
@Emperoar Okay, I'll remember that! Thank you!
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
@scorpiontail Sure thing! :>
@scorpiontail Sure thing! :>
dyk3ud.jpg
Sometimes, when I'm asleep, I would hear these super loud sounds in my dreams that would cause me to jolt awake. I remember one time it was the sound of a coke can hitting the ground. The sound was so loud, someone might as well have had me lie down on the ground and then throw a coke can on the ground, near my ear, at full force. Other times, it'd be a sudden scream or other loud noise. Like one time, I heard someone growl an "OH" loudly, in anger.

If it wasn't a loud noise, it'd be a male's voice calling out to me saying, "Hey" over and over until I finally woke up. And at one point, I was fully awake and in my room when I heard a man's voice go, "Psst. Psst. Psst!" as if he was right out my window, at night. I panicked and quickly ran out of the room.

Luckily, I haven't had anything happen like that recently. I'd say it's been a year since I've suddenly heard a man's voice or woken up due to a loud noise that no one else even heard.

@Emperoar
Oh, man. That reminds me of a family I've been with a long time ago. The mother and daughter were the absolute worst. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm wishing you the best!
Sometimes, when I'm asleep, I would hear these super loud sounds in my dreams that would cause me to jolt awake. I remember one time it was the sound of a coke can hitting the ground. The sound was so loud, someone might as well have had me lie down on the ground and then throw a coke can on the ground, near my ear, at full force. Other times, it'd be a sudden scream or other loud noise. Like one time, I heard someone growl an "OH" loudly, in anger.

If it wasn't a loud noise, it'd be a male's voice calling out to me saying, "Hey" over and over until I finally woke up. And at one point, I was fully awake and in my room when I heard a man's voice go, "Psst. Psst. Psst!" as if he was right out my window, at night. I panicked and quickly ran out of the room.

Luckily, I haven't had anything happen like that recently. I'd say it's been a year since I've suddenly heard a man's voice or woken up due to a loud noise that no one else even heard.

@Emperoar
Oh, man. That reminds me of a family I've been with a long time ago. The mother and daughter were the absolute worst. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm wishing you the best!
thW0yem.png
@Sysmic I've honestly never had that happen to me, not gonna sleep now tho, hate the thought of someone at my window. Glad it hasn't happened to you recently! With my luck something will bang on my window tonight, woo.
@Sysmic I've honestly never had that happen to me, not gonna sleep now tho, hate the thought of someone at my window. Glad it hasn't happened to you recently! With my luck something will bang on my window tonight, woo.
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17