Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | IRL Giant Desert Centipedes
1 2
So, I was in the coli and got a Giant Desert Centipede as a reward. I took a screenshot of it and the text for it and sent it to my friend via text. Apparently Giant Desert Centipedes are chill and live in Texas? What!? [img]https://cals.arizona.edu/yavapai/graphics/giantdesertcentipede.jpg[/img] Image courtesy of Google Edit: And apparently, there's one [u][i][b]BIGGER[/b][/i][/u] than that. Say hello to the amazonian giant centipede. Sorry for the nightmare fuel. But these are reasons why you should research places you're traveling to. [img]http://www.bizarbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/giant-centipede.jpg[/img] Image again, courtesy of Google
So, I was in the coli and got a Giant Desert Centipede as a reward. I took a screenshot of it and the text for it and sent it to my friend via text. Apparently Giant Desert Centipedes are chill and live in Texas? What!?

giantdesertcentipede.jpg
Image courtesy of Google

Edit: And apparently, there's one BIGGER than that. Say hello to the amazonian giant centipede. Sorry for the nightmare fuel. But these are reasons why you should research places you're traveling to.
giant-centipede.jpg
Image again, courtesy of Google
there wasn't enough space in this text box to contain all the 'nopes' i wanted to write.
there wasn't enough space in this text box to contain all the 'nopes' i wanted to write.

When on your way out
Be sure that you say goodbye
Then lock the door tight.

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
Beautiful critter.

The colours and everything make me think that this would make a great Fallout enemy.
Beautiful critter.

The colours and everything make me think that this would make a great Fallout enemy.
@CosmicTrash
Yep. But that doesn't keep me from converting them for some unbeknown, unfathomable reason.

@Xionahri
You're right! They'd fit wonderfully in the Fallout universe, only they'd be 50X bigger. (shudder) But, with all of the Botflies, Radscorpions, and Deathclaws, no one would bat an eye at how they look. They'd be to worried about how to defend themselves from it. XD
@CosmicTrash
Yep. But that doesn't keep me from converting them for some unbeknown, unfathomable reason.

@Xionahri
You're right! They'd fit wonderfully in the Fallout universe, only they'd be 50X bigger. (shudder) But, with all of the Botflies, Radscorpions, and Deathclaws, no one would bat an eye at how they look. They'd be to worried about how to defend themselves from it. XD
I actually think those things are pretty cute. They show up around where I live every now and then.
I actually think those things are pretty cute. They show up around where I live every now and then.
they/it | fr+2 tiick_pseudo_turnaround_90.gif
Pretty sure those are venomous...

(I fear these and other desert bugs so much you gotta be careful uncovering anything in or on the ground...)
Pretty sure those are venomous...

(I fear these and other desert bugs so much you gotta be careful uncovering anything in or on the ground...)
IMG_0247.jpg
Absolutely and definitely no.
Absolutely and definitely no.
"Solas, have I ever wanted to hear one of your endless explanations? Ever."
Oh I used to know someone who kept them as pets, but they'd never hold them with their bare hands like that. Although their bite isn't deadly, it is one of the most painful insect bites in the world and the pain can last for a day or two. I think they look cool from a distance but I wouldn't want to hold one.
Oh I used to know someone who kept them as pets, but they'd never hold them with their bare hands like that. Although their bite isn't deadly, it is one of the most painful insect bites in the world and the pain can last for a day or two. I think they look cool from a distance but I wouldn't want to hold one.
Nice to see centipedes getting some appreciation! I love them. All of them. They're the sort of animals I respect, but I certainly wouldn't want to hold one! Nasty bites on those guys. Reminds me of how amazing and terrifying nature is.
Nice to see centipedes getting some appreciation! I love them. All of them. They're the sort of animals I respect, but I certainly wouldn't want to hold one! Nasty bites on those guys. Reminds me of how amazing and terrifying nature is.
My nature side: aww what a cool guy his colors are very interesting

My painfully panicked side: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
My nature side: aww what a cool guy his colors are very interesting

My painfully panicked side: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Vah krii ko morokei kein los wah zin geiinmaar
wah dirko morokei kein los wah zin pah do KeizaaL
1 2