Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Great Hobby Thread!
1 2
Yeah so done before and will be done again I'm sure; but here it is once more - a thread all about your hobbies! Come share your interests, your latest activities, your favourite things etc...! For me one of mine is photography - wildlife, equine, nature and bugs like this tiny micro moth [img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4372/36003292584_6f4f95ec40_z.jpg[/img]
Yeah so done before and will be done again I'm sure; but here it is once more - a thread all about your hobbies!

Come share your interests, your latest activities, your favourite things etc...!

For me one of mine is photography - wildlife, equine, nature and bugs like this tiny micro moth
36003292584_6f4f95ec40_z.jpg
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
i'm currently writing a bunch of dragon bios, does that count

i love writing lmao, i haven't done it in a while tho
i'm currently writing a bunch of dragon bios, does that count

i love writing lmao, i haven't done it in a while tho
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
My main thing is sewing. I make clothes, costumes, and random things that are just for fun. My biggest sewing adventure is my Fon Master Ion cosplay from TotA. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/c564/f/2018/031/8/6/fon_master_ion_conplete_cosplay_3_by_iifatreeshop-dc1sabc.jpg[/img] And all of my other stuff that I've made can been seen[url=https://iifatreeshop.deviantart.com/gallery/] here.[/url] :> I also do a crapload of other stuff as well. Everything from making jewelry (mostly earrings) I do foam carvings (mostly for props) Make resin art, crochet, make specialized winged headbands, paper strip art, glass etchings, and so on. I do enough that it's hard to figure out what I want to do and when. But I mostly sew. It's my biggest passion. :>
My main thing is sewing. I make clothes, costumes, and random things that are just for fun. My biggest sewing adventure is my Fon Master Ion cosplay from TotA.
fon_master_ion_conplete_cosplay_3_by_iifatreeshop-dc1sabc.jpg
And all of my other stuff that I've made can been seen here. :>

I also do a crapload of other stuff as well. Everything from making jewelry (mostly earrings) I do foam carvings (mostly for props) Make resin art, crochet, make specialized winged headbands, paper strip art, glass etchings, and so on. I do enough that it's hard to figure out what I want to do and when. But I mostly sew. It's my biggest passion. :>

emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
drawing's a pretty big one. i've also recently been interested in clay/sculpture making as well as sewing (like, plushies and stuff. not clothing) just don't know where to start. >_>

doll customs are also really intriguing to me. been watching a couple videos on them.
drawing's a pretty big one. i've also recently been interested in clay/sculpture making as well as sewing (like, plushies and stuff. not clothing) just don't know where to start. >_>

doll customs are also really intriguing to me. been watching a couple videos on them.
image.png

| hello
| becca | she/her |
| FR +2
@Overread

that is a fantastic photo, where was it taken? Do you find bugs and take them to a stupid or something? For a nature photo it is stunningly modern and minimalist. Also (sorry for all the questions) do you know the species of the little guy?

I have a lot of random hobbies, almost all of which are slowed down or on various degrees of hiatus rn. I like woodworking (whittling and wood burning mainly), jewelry making, taxidermy type stuff (dry/wet preserve, bone collecting, no actual taxidermy yet), tight lacing, melt and out soap making, and soon I intend to take up ink embossing.
@Overread

that is a fantastic photo, where was it taken? Do you find bugs and take them to a stupid or something? For a nature photo it is stunningly modern and minimalist. Also (sorry for all the questions) do you know the species of the little guy?

I have a lot of random hobbies, almost all of which are slowed down or on various degrees of hiatus rn. I like woodworking (whittling and wood burning mainly), jewelry making, taxidermy type stuff (dry/wet preserve, bone collecting, no actual taxidermy yet), tight lacing, melt and out soap making, and soon I intend to take up ink embossing.
My hobby is lamenting my lack of hobbies.
My hobby is lamenting my lack of hobbies.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Photography is my hobby too! That, and hiking which go great together. I took this yesterday at a Herpetology weekend :D [img]https://i.imgur.com/brAMkY0.jpg[/img]
Photography is my hobby too! That, and hiking which go great together. I took this yesterday at a Herpetology weekend :D

brAMkY0.jpg
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
@LizardKing my thanks! It's a type of phycitine, but beyond that I can't work out what species it is (micro moths are tricky to start with and the wings are a bit worn on this one plus the photo angle isn't great for seeing the wing patterns).
As for the photo this one was taken outside. I've got a moth trap I setup which has a flat white top to it, so when I get the moths in the trap I use the lid to form the base to put them on for this kind of photo (then in theory I can use the photo to work out what the moth is). Early in the morning the moths are cold from the night and thus quite docile so they can be easy to work with.
The only studio style bit of it would be that I had two flashes (one either side) to light the moth up for the shot.

@Mokuroh neat is that some kind of slow worm? It looks more slow worm than full snake.
@LizardKing my thanks! It's a type of phycitine, but beyond that I can't work out what species it is (micro moths are tricky to start with and the wings are a bit worn on this one plus the photo angle isn't great for seeing the wing patterns).
As for the photo this one was taken outside. I've got a moth trap I setup which has a flat white top to it, so when I get the moths in the trap I use the lid to form the base to put them on for this kind of photo (then in theory I can use the photo to work out what the moth is). Early in the morning the moths are cold from the night and thus quite docile so they can be easy to work with.
The only studio style bit of it would be that I had two flashes (one either side) to light the moth up for the shot.

@Mokuroh neat is that some kind of slow worm? It looks more slow worm than full snake.
The Great Library
@Overread A 2-lined Salamander and her eggs!
@Overread A 2-lined Salamander and her eggs!
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
Ahh now you mention it I can see one rear leg part rising up and the shape of the shoulder as well.
Ahh now you mention it I can see one rear leg part rising up and the shape of the shoulder as well.
The Great Library
1 2