Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What was your first anime?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
My first anime was Tokyo Mew Mew! I wouldn't necessarily call it "good", but it's definitely nostalgic enough that I'd watch it again. I'm pretty sure I googled "shows about animals" and stumbled upon it that way.
My first anime was Tokyo Mew Mew! I wouldn't necessarily call it "good", but it's definitely nostalgic enough that I'd watch it again. I'm pretty sure I googled "shows about animals" and stumbled upon it that way.
tumblr_pshm8gf6Wq1vb7houo1_500.png
I'm not really a fan of anime these days but it was probably One Piece. The 4kids (yes, 4kids) dub aired in the mornings before school when I was a kid. I thought it was pretty funny.

Wait, I remember before that, the first VHS tape thingo I figured out how to work was Yu-Gi-Oh (is that how you spell it? it's been so long) I think I watched it a lot? I can hardly remember.
I'm not really a fan of anime these days but it was probably One Piece. The 4kids (yes, 4kids) dub aired in the mornings before school when I was a kid. I thought it was pretty funny.

Wait, I remember before that, the first VHS tape thingo I figured out how to work was Yu-Gi-Oh (is that how you spell it? it's been so long) I think I watched it a lot? I can hardly remember.
talVTRC.pngPVLY9UN.pngDHJ7JWN.png
Aside from Pokémon, Fairy Tail was the first anime I watched, though I only liked the first two episodes. I haven't watched it since 6th grade. I didn't like the plot all that much.
Aside from Pokémon, Fairy Tail was the first anime I watched, though I only liked the first two episodes. I haven't watched it since 6th grade. I didn't like the plot all that much.
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
my first anime was Special A ! i didn't really understand everything in the later episodes when i was younger, and i wouldn't say it holds up very well - but it was a gateway into more anime back then, so i'm glad i watched it !
my first anime was Special A ! i didn't really understand everything in the later episodes when i was younger, and i wouldn't say it holds up very well - but it was a gateway into more anime back then, so i'm glad i watched it !
MMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif92mLQx5.gif92ST5Ld.gif
Technically it was Pokemon but this was back when I was a dumb kid who didn't know what anime was yet. I definitely don't think the anime is good - it's cheesy, repetitive and kind of dumb - but I have a lot of nostalgic love for it and can't bring myself to hate it too much. As for how I found it, well, it was on TV every Saturday ahaha.

The first anime I properly watched as an anime was Naruto. I was invited to take part in a role-playing guild set in an alternative Naruto canon, and since a lot of my friends were part of the group already I accepted and decided to "research" the source material. Looking back I can't say I'm particularly fond of the series anymore, but I still like the original run quite a bit (not Shippuden or anything beyond that).

...though nowadays I don't really watch anime at all. I watch One Piece because my best friend is a massive fan of the show and demands me to be as emotionally invested as she is (...it worked too, damn it), but otherwise I haven't found an anime that held my interest for a very long time. I tend to just stick to Western shows now.
Technically it was Pokemon but this was back when I was a dumb kid who didn't know what anime was yet. I definitely don't think the anime is good - it's cheesy, repetitive and kind of dumb - but I have a lot of nostalgic love for it and can't bring myself to hate it too much. As for how I found it, well, it was on TV every Saturday ahaha.

The first anime I properly watched as an anime was Naruto. I was invited to take part in a role-playing guild set in an alternative Naruto canon, and since a lot of my friends were part of the group already I accepted and decided to "research" the source material. Looking back I can't say I'm particularly fond of the series anymore, but I still like the original run quite a bit (not Shippuden or anything beyond that).

...though nowadays I don't really watch anime at all. I watch One Piece because my best friend is a massive fan of the show and demands me to be as emotionally invested as she is (...it worked too, damn it), but otherwise I haven't found an anime that held my interest for a very long time. I tend to just stick to Western shows now.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
Pokemon, the first season. Used to watch it on TV when I went to my grandparents after school when I was about 8 years old.
Pokemon, the first season. Used to watch it on TV when I went to my grandparents after school when I was about 8 years old.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png

I believe the first anime I actively watched was Inuyasha, subtitles and all on Netflix. Of course I had seen Naruto and Bleach in passing on the tv, but Inuyasha was the first series I ever wanted to watch in full. Before even that though I was obsessed with Howl’s Moving Castle as a young kid, and one year (2009 think??) I saw the cover on Netflix and forced my friend to watch it with me because of those good ol memories. After watching that we watched a lot more anime series together- Inuyasha being one of them.

I believe the first anime I actively watched was Inuyasha, subtitles and all on Netflix. Of course I had seen Naruto and Bleach in passing on the tv, but Inuyasha was the first series I ever wanted to watch in full. Before even that though I was obsessed with Howl’s Moving Castle as a young kid, and one year (2009 think??) I saw the cover on Netflix and forced my friend to watch it with me because of those good ol memories. After watching that we watched a lot more anime series together- Inuyasha being one of them.
egg_earth_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dadb11a.gifHelpy3NW8md.gifEhegg_earth_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dadb11a.gif
Twerkshaker Plz
I think it's hilarious that a lot of people didn't know something was technically anime when they started watching anime. :'D When I was younger and banned from watching Pokemon, Naruto, etc. I thought they were nothing more than "normal cartoons". I didn't know they originated from Japan, or anything about the huge fan base they had/would have and that adults actually watched them.
I think it's hilarious that a lot of people didn't know something was technically anime when they started watching anime. :'D When I was younger and banned from watching Pokemon, Naruto, etc. I thought they were nothing more than "normal cartoons". I didn't know they originated from Japan, or anything about the huge fan base they had/would have and that adults actually watched them.
tumblr_n7samaE1iy1sl6hkto1_500.gif
I have quite a number of firsts surprisingly.

I believe my first anime was Inuyasha? When I was about 5 or 6, honestly don't quite remember much from it but I do remember loving the opening songs

Official first ever animes would be One Piece, watched it with my Dad for a really long time (my Dad is still watching it now but I dropped it a few years back), also there's the anime called Idaten Jump (one about mountain biking) which I absolutely LOVE to the point I would wake up early just to catch it every weekend.

The first ever anime that got me INTO animes was Naruto, when it was still on Cartoon Network. This show opened my eyes to the world of anime but sadly I didn't quite keep up with this anime for that long.

The first official anime fandom that I've fallen into is Katekyo Hitman Reborn! when I was about 11, which still remains as one of my top favourite animes till this day.
I have quite a number of firsts surprisingly.

I believe my first anime was Inuyasha? When I was about 5 or 6, honestly don't quite remember much from it but I do remember loving the opening songs

Official first ever animes would be One Piece, watched it with my Dad for a really long time (my Dad is still watching it now but I dropped it a few years back), also there's the anime called Idaten Jump (one about mountain biking) which I absolutely LOVE to the point I would wake up early just to catch it every weekend.

The first ever anime that got me INTO animes was Naruto, when it was still on Cartoon Network. This show opened my eyes to the world of anime but sadly I didn't quite keep up with this anime for that long.

The first official anime fandom that I've fallen into is Katekyo Hitman Reborn! when I was about 11, which still remains as one of my top favourite animes till this day.
Anything please ping or PM!
I never had cable or satellite much when I was growing up so my parents would go into thrift shops and such and buy cheap VHS movies. They ranged from Disney movies, some Dreamworks ones, ones not everyone knows about/watches (like The Last Unicorn and Balto for instance)
Amongst those were a few scatter episodes of anime.

I remember having a few Sailor Moon ones, and Cardcaptor Sakura. Oh, and a whooooole lot of Pokemon movies. So I guess those three were my first since I can't remember exactly which one I would have watched first.

I can't say I ever fully watched Sailor Moon or Cardcaptors, but I'm sure they're great anime! A few years later my friend introduced me to Inuyasha, and at that point I actually learned what the term 'anime' meant. So I guess that was a start to watching it as well for me
I never had cable or satellite much when I was growing up so my parents would go into thrift shops and such and buy cheap VHS movies. They ranged from Disney movies, some Dreamworks ones, ones not everyone knows about/watches (like The Last Unicorn and Balto for instance)
Amongst those were a few scatter episodes of anime.

I remember having a few Sailor Moon ones, and Cardcaptor Sakura. Oh, and a whooooole lot of Pokemon movies. So I guess those three were my first since I can't remember exactly which one I would have watched first.

I can't say I ever fully watched Sailor Moon or Cardcaptors, but I'm sure they're great anime! A few years later my friend introduced me to Inuyasha, and at that point I actually learned what the term 'anime' meant. So I guess that was a start to watching it as well for me
FalYOWW.png
| Tundra
| She/Her
| FR Time +5

| FR Blog
| Art Blog
| DeviantArt
HvCm96W.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12