Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | penpals discussion
anybody have penpals? I have two, one an older girl named Hannah who lives in Australia and is really good at making her own cards, and my own girlfriend who I exchange letters with since she lives far away now quq also, here's a few ideas for extra things to add that i have found around the internet or made up: a simple sketch or drawing post office stamps a local leaf or flower (pressed flat) favorite stick of gum a map of your hometown detailing your favorite places a bookmark a favorite written quote a cartoon or comic a swatch of ink sample a sample card of perfume or cologne a portion of sheet music of favorite song or music a picture of a landmark or object seen everyday when going to work a picture or article of your favorite actor, artist, musician, author, etc. a seasonal holiday card or sticker a temporary tattoo a small origami item a coupon a flat toy that needs assembly (i.e. airplane or other item made of balsa wood or plastic) [quote name="Madarakita" date=2017-09-25 22:11:29] Hello! Just leaving a general reminder; sharing experiences with penpals is one thing, but please do not be giving out something as personal as your address to people on this site. Continue :) [/quote]
anybody have penpals? I have two, one an older girl named Hannah who lives in Australia and is really good at making her own cards, and my own girlfriend who I exchange letters with since she lives far away now quq

also, here's a few ideas for extra things to add that i have found around the internet or made up:

a simple sketch or drawing
post office stamps
a local leaf or flower (pressed flat)
favorite stick of gum
a map of your hometown detailing your favorite places
a bookmark
a favorite written quote
a cartoon or comic
a swatch of ink sample
a sample card of perfume or cologne
a portion of sheet music of favorite song or music
a picture of a landmark or object seen everyday when going to work
a picture or article of your favorite actor, artist, musician, author, etc.
a seasonal holiday card or sticker
a temporary tattoo
a small origami item
a coupon
a flat toy that needs assembly (i.e. airplane or other item made of balsa wood or plastic)

Madarakita wrote on 2017-09-25:
Hello! Just leaving a general reminder; sharing experiences with penpals is one thing, but please do not be giving out something as personal as your address to people on this site.

Continue :)
olly / 15
@plaant

We had "penpals" in one class for like one letter... We sent one, we got one, and it came from a student in a higher grade. I'd love to be someone's actual penpal, that sounds like it would be SUPER neat-o!
@plaant

We had "penpals" in one class for like one letter... We sent one, we got one, and it came from a student in a higher grade. I'd love to be someone's actual penpal, that sounds like it would be SUPER neat-o!
tumblr_inline_nzzpbdkauA1tgoz4u_500.gif
@plaant I had a penpal once, but I don't really remember what happened. It is fun tho.
@plaant I had a penpal once, but I don't really remember what happened. It is fun tho.
miDn30f.gif
Hello! Just leaving a general reminder; sharing experiences with penpals is one thing, but please do not be giving out something as personal as your address to people on this site.

frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png