Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Help me calm down a little bit? :c
1 2
tl;dr: I'm freaked out because there might be a tornado (at least that's what my scared mind says, don't take it super literally) Please help me feel happier/reassured, maybe?

Edit: Thank you all for the support so far! c: Sadly, there's still many huge thunderstorms coming, but i'm very grateful to interact with others to help me calm down a bit. Again, thanks everyone. <3

I'm really, really scared of thunderstorms, and ESPECIALLY tornados since I live on pretty flat land. And we've been having a lot of very anxiety-inducing storms (for me) lately, and since I get worried extremely easily.

To put it short, there's going to be storms tonight and tomorrow afternoon apparently, with "....some turning strong to severe with gusty winds, hail and heavy rain." And I'm super, super freaked out about it as usual... :c

Any calming things, a funny video, a joke, or maybe just chatting a little about video games or something would really be helpful. Even some reassuring weather facts would help as well? I rarely post things like this, but I'm at least hoping some of you can help since FR's community is honestly really friendly. (although I can't guarantee they'll be internet or power, I'll try to respond!)

tl;dr: I'm freaked out because there might be a tornado (at least that's what my scared mind says, don't take it super literally) Please help me feel happier/reassured, maybe?

Edit: Thank you all for the support so far! c: Sadly, there's still many huge thunderstorms coming, but i'm very grateful to interact with others to help me calm down a bit. Again, thanks everyone. <3

I'm really, really scared of thunderstorms, and ESPECIALLY tornados since I live on pretty flat land. And we've been having a lot of very anxiety-inducing storms (for me) lately, and since I get worried extremely easily.

To put it short, there's going to be storms tonight and tomorrow afternoon apparently, with "....some turning strong to severe with gusty winds, hail and heavy rain." And I'm super, super freaked out about it as usual... :c

Any calming things, a funny video, a joke, or maybe just chatting a little about video games or something would really be helpful. Even some reassuring weather facts would help as well? I rarely post things like this, but I'm at least hoping some of you can help since FR's community is honestly really friendly. (although I can't guarantee they'll be internet or power, I'll try to respond!)

reXWqRR.png
ziIQtqz.pngx2PIMnL.pngUcm50ZY.pngm4v93AM.pngi9SQ1MW.png
@SakuraOkami7

Well, think on the bright side, if there is a tornado, you might get transported to Oz!
@SakuraOkami7

Well, think on the bright side, if there is a tornado, you might get transported to Oz!
tastefulmarketing.gif
@RavenSong11

Hey, that's true, lol! I've got a small dog too... It must be destiny.

also your sig is hilarous XD
@RavenSong11

Hey, that's true, lol! I've got a small dog too... It must be destiny.

also your sig is hilarous XD
reXWqRR.png
@SakuraOkami7
Thank you! ^ ^
I see you like kiki's delivery service! It's one of my favorite movies by studio gibly (oh, derp, I don't know how it's spelled)! Princess mononoke is also a good one!
@SakuraOkami7
Thank you! ^ ^
I see you like kiki's delivery service! It's one of my favorite movies by studio gibly (oh, derp, I don't know how it's spelled)! Princess mononoke is also a good one!
tastefulmarketing.gif
@RavenSong11

Sorry for the slow response, eheh

Yes! It's a really good movie, honestly. It's super cute, and I honestly love the setting too. And the music in the "restored" version is really lovely. The characters were nice too! I have a thing for old anime, haha.

Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite movie, though! Japanese mythology with fantastic animation and storytelling? Yep. Yep, without a doubt my favorite, haha. May I ask your favorite movie? :o
@RavenSong11

Sorry for the slow response, eheh

Yes! It's a really good movie, honestly. It's super cute, and I honestly love the setting too. And the music in the "restored" version is really lovely. The characters were nice too! I have a thing for old anime, haha.

Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite movie, though! Japanese mythology with fantastic animation and storytelling? Yep. Yep, without a doubt my favorite, haha. May I ask your favorite movie? :o
reXWqRR.png
@SakuraOkami7

Don't worry. When you dies we meet us again in Gensokyo :)

//your Sig is cool
@SakuraOkami7

Don't worry. When you dies we meet us again in Gensokyo :)

//your Sig is cool
CeLSHOy.png
@SakuraOkami7
I'm really sorry for not answering, but my mom found out that we had one last parkour session and we had to meet up with some friends. :/ it hasn't really been our day.
About my favorite movie, it's a tie between big hero six, song of the sea, and kiki's delivery service. I love the animation for song of the sea, and how it's about Irish legends. Mythology is really cool, especially when it has faeries and stuff!
@SakuraOkami7
I'm really sorry for not answering, but my mom found out that we had one last parkour session and we had to meet up with some friends. :/ it hasn't really been our day.
About my favorite movie, it's a tie between big hero six, song of the sea, and kiki's delivery service. I love the animation for song of the sea, and how it's about Irish legends. Mythology is really cool, especially when it has faeries and stuff!
tastefulmarketing.gif
@SakuraOkami7

Hey.

Tell me.

Do you...

like...

Inuyasha or Kagome more.
@SakuraOkami7

Hey.

Tell me.

Do you...

like...

Inuyasha or Kagome more.
xTLBQuX.png
@SakuraOkami7 Well first, when a tornado approaches I heard it sounds like a moving train and is [i]super[/i] loud. So that would be a helpful heads up to get-your-booty-in-a-basement. You would know when it's coming. Second, there are no tornadoes recorded happening in the arctic circle, so you could move there? Third tornadoes are definitely not as common right now as they are in the spring... Which even then they're not popping up like flowers! Fourth, look at the ferret! [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FyQPIUCTrzE/Vgrc-JeSKAI/AAAAAAABeUQ/EJEHFxYYg-s/s1600/05-funny-gif-170-relaxing-ferret.gif[/img] Fun fact: A fear of storms is called Lilapsophobia
@SakuraOkami7
Well first, when a tornado approaches I heard it sounds like a moving train and is super loud. So that would be a helpful heads up to get-your-booty-in-a-basement. You would know when it's coming.

Second, there are no tornadoes recorded happening in the arctic circle, so you could move there?

Third tornadoes are definitely not as common right now as they are in the spring... Which even then they're not popping up like flowers!

Fourth, look at the ferret!
05-funny-gif-170-relaxing-ferret.gif

Fun fact: A fear of storms is called Lilapsophobia
yjGtVoK.png
@SakuraOkami7

I see you like Naruto, Doctor Who and Studio Ghibli movies! (Fantastic taste by the way!) Who are some of your favorite characters from each show?

Personally mine are Gaara; Nine, Ten, the Ponds and River Song; and Ponyo, and Howl and Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle! Sophie is actually what I plan to name my daughter if I'm ever blessed with one :3

Sometimes when I'm nervous I listen to music. If that's an option, perhaps try listening to classical music? It's peaceful and calming.

I hope that the storms are subsiding and all is well!
@SakuraOkami7

I see you like Naruto, Doctor Who and Studio Ghibli movies! (Fantastic taste by the way!) Who are some of your favorite characters from each show?

Personally mine are Gaara; Nine, Ten, the Ponds and River Song; and Ponyo, and Howl and Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle! Sophie is actually what I plan to name my daughter if I'm ever blessed with one :3

Sometimes when I'm nervous I listen to music. If that's an option, perhaps try listening to classical music? It's peaceful and calming.

I hope that the storms are subsiding and all is well!
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥

Sarah
Wife, Mama and Christian
+ 3 hrs FR Time

Seeking 10/22 Fem Dragon!
1 2