Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | weird and totally not useful facts
During hibernation, turtles survive by breathing through their butts.

For some reason everyone finds this amusing.
During hibernation, turtles survive by breathing through their butts.

For some reason everyone finds this amusing.
2029 < Used to be MoonEclispe, still the Friendly Friend I was earlier, just with an easier to spell name! Yay!
@Paladingineer @Beefuzz thanks for correcting me! Like I mentioned in the post, I really didn't know whether or not it was true. I probably should have checked it by looking it up, or something.
@Paladingineer @Beefuzz thanks for correcting me! Like I mentioned in the post, I really didn't know whether or not it was true. I probably should have checked it by looking it up, or something.
Los Illegals is one of the most influential bands to come out of East Los Angeles.
Los Illegals is one of the most influential bands to come out of East Los Angeles.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
Canada keeps maple syrup reserves and had a large amount stolen before.
Canada keeps maple syrup reserves and had a large amount stolen before.
L1PVzvc.png
[color=green]The vertebrate with the longest lifespan is-- nope, not a turtle nor a whale, but a shark! Scientists did a study of Greenland sharks and found that one female was around [b]400 years old[/b] and still going strong! Plus they found that individuals regularly live to be 200+ years, so it's not even rare for them to live immensely long lives. Also they look really cool and weird, and are the same size as a great white. :D [img]http://dinoanimals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Greenland_shark-2.jpg[/img]
The vertebrate with the longest lifespan is-- nope, not a turtle nor a whale, but a shark! Scientists did a study of Greenland sharks and found that one female was around 400 years old and still going strong! Plus they found that individuals regularly live to be 200+ years, so it's not even rare for them to live immensely long lives. Also they look really cool and weird, and are the same size as a great white. :D

Greenland_shark-2.jpg

it's possible that one of the cleanest, high poly count models of mario was actually made by sega, though it's not known if nintendo simply lent the model to sega for the mario and sonic olympic games.

majora's mask was going to be about a week long instead of three days, but development time restraints cut it back (also because the extra days would have been harder for the player to keep track of)

also, twilight princess' gamecube version was released a month after the wii version in 2006.

i only know random video game facts.
help.
it's possible that one of the cleanest, high poly count models of mario was actually made by sega, though it's not known if nintendo simply lent the model to sega for the mario and sonic olympic games.

majora's mask was going to be about a week long instead of three days, but development time restraints cut it back (also because the extra days would have been harder for the player to keep track of)

also, twilight princess' gamecube version was released a month after the wii version in 2006.

i only know random video game facts.
help.
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
Australia lost a war against a bunch of emus, because they were destroying a fence designed to keep rabbits out of the more fertile areas of Australia, which spawned from 24,which turned into millions

There is a bird species called the pitohui which have poison in their skin and feathers

In the first gen of pokemon, there is a glitch where a 100% accuracy move that can miss a small percentage of the time. Someone with ungodly luck could sue this to get out of an infinite loop involving a mon weak to psychic that knows rage battling lorilei's dewgong, in which you would use rage and the dewgong would use rest due to a mechanic where an npc's mon would always use a superffective move. Npc's also negate pp, so this causes an almost infinite loop

There are images of early splatoon weapons and clothes in super mario maker

There are early medieval pictures of knights fighting snails

Some species of shrews actually have poison

There is a snake that feels like rubber

The least popular pokemon in japan is semisear ranked at 721st out of 721 pokemon at the time. That is a yikes and a half for it
Australia lost a war against a bunch of emus, because they were destroying a fence designed to keep rabbits out of the more fertile areas of Australia, which spawned from 24,which turned into millions

There is a bird species called the pitohui which have poison in their skin and feathers

In the first gen of pokemon, there is a glitch where a 100% accuracy move that can miss a small percentage of the time. Someone with ungodly luck could sue this to get out of an infinite loop involving a mon weak to psychic that knows rage battling lorilei's dewgong, in which you would use rage and the dewgong would use rest due to a mechanic where an npc's mon would always use a superffective move. Npc's also negate pp, so this causes an almost infinite loop

There are images of early splatoon weapons and clothes in super mario maker

There are early medieval pictures of knights fighting snails

Some species of shrews actually have poison

There is a snake that feels like rubber

The least popular pokemon in japan is semisear ranked at 721st out of 721 pokemon at the time. That is a yikes and a half for it
ico-a_old_570.gif 7NSPPKK.png
cIA3D75.png
X2otc9f.png
QetF0Qf.png
0d3QBVM.png
yS4smQr.png
ico-a_old_570.gif
Contrary to popular belief, Ice Flowers in the Super Mario franchise made their debut in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, as opposed to Super Mario Galaxy.

There was once a rumor that Super Smash Bros. (N64) was originally intended to be on the SNES. This rumor was eventually proven false by the Director of Smash Bros.
Contrary to popular belief, Ice Flowers in the Super Mario franchise made their debut in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, as opposed to Super Mario Galaxy.

There was once a rumor that Super Smash Bros. (N64) was originally intended to be on the SNES. This rumor was eventually proven false by the Director of Smash Bros.
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
When you have a dream you're falling and wake up with a gasp, it's your body's way of making you take in more oxygen!
When you have a dream you're falling and wake up with a gasp, it's your body's way of making you take in more oxygen!
digestion is actually rly painful your brain just tells u its not

digestion is actually rly painful your brain just tells u its not

comm__pomie_by_juliafliess-dbj32pz.gif
saturn #406067
thank you for your time