Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | "OVERPOWERED" Anime/ Manga?
1 2 3 4
I recently discovered something about myself; I absolutely love 'overpowered' main characters in anime and manga!

For example, I adore Saitama in 'One Punch Man', Alucard in 'Hellsing: Ultimate', and Ainz Ooal Gown in 'Overlord' (just to name a few).
I would love to hear if anyone has suggestions for more anime and manga with 'overpowered' main characters! New or old, I don't mind. ^^

Also, one more question:
What anime/manga tropes are your favorite(s)? I'd love to know!

Anime/ Manga that's been Suggested so Far

Fist of the North Star
Code Geass
Fairy Tale
The King's Avatar (chinese anime)
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Nanatsu no Taizai
Beelzebub
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Sengoku Basara
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
Heroic Age
Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront)
No Game No Life
Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Katanagatari

I recently discovered something about myself; I absolutely love 'overpowered' main characters in anime and manga!

For example, I adore Saitama in 'One Punch Man', Alucard in 'Hellsing: Ultimate', and Ainz Ooal Gown in 'Overlord' (just to name a few).
I would love to hear if anyone has suggestions for more anime and manga with 'overpowered' main characters! New or old, I don't mind. ^^

Also, one more question:
What anime/manga tropes are your favorite(s)? I'd love to know!

Anime/ Manga that's been Suggested so Far

Fist of the North Star
Code Geass
Fairy Tale
The King's Avatar (chinese anime)
Nanatsu no Taizai
Beelzebub
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Sengoku Basara
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
Heroic Age
Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront)
No Game No Life
Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Katanagatari

+ Gen1 Clearance Sale and Trade +

Click HERE!
No opinions or suggestions? ;v;
No opinions or suggestions? ;v;

Click HERE!
My husband and I are really into Naruto right now! You're probably familiar with the characters and just how overpowered they all are. :D

I don't have time to watch much though. Honestly my anime soft spot is magical girl (Sailor Moon is my jam right now!) and it's been a few days since I've had time, due to work. I hope you find more anime/manga you're interested in!
My husband and I are really into Naruto right now! You're probably familiar with the characters and just how overpowered they all are. :D

I don't have time to watch much though. Honestly my anime soft spot is magical girl (Sailor Moon is my jam right now!) and it's been a few days since I've had time, due to work. I hope you find more anime/manga you're interested in!
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥

Sarah
Wife, Mama and Christian
+ 3 hrs FR Time

Seeking 10/22 Fem Dragon!
@Ryodan I've watched/read Bleach but the main character Ichigo was actually one of my least favorite characters haha. I'm more attracted to characters who just HAVE all the power to begin with and are just [redacted] about it (which is why I liked the Arrancars much more; I was sad they weren't the main characters lol).

Edited by @JCstitches for circumventing the word filter.
@Ryodan I've watched/read Bleach but the main character Ichigo was actually one of my least favorite characters haha. I'm more attracted to characters who just HAVE all the power to begin with and are just [redacted] about it (which is why I liked the Arrancars much more; I was sad they weren't the main characters lol).

Edited by @JCstitches for circumventing the word filter.

Click HERE!
@Sherlolly I tried so hard to get into Naruto but I just can't stand Naruto himself so I never got far lol. I absolutely LOVE the art style of the manga though! I really wish I could get into it but Naruto just annoys me SO MUCH! Dx

EDIT: Also YES Sailor Moon was my jam in gradeschool! Definitely one of the best hehe. <3
@Sherlolly I tried so hard to get into Naruto but I just can't stand Naruto himself so I never got far lol. I absolutely LOVE the art style of the manga though! I really wish I could get into it but Naruto just annoys me SO MUCH! Dx

EDIT: Also YES Sailor Moon was my jam in gradeschool! Definitely one of the best hehe. <3

Click HERE!
@SenayDragon

Dragonball/Dragonball Z and the rest of that franchise may be the epitome of extremely over-powered characters. I can't believe no one has yet mentioned it!

Some of my personal favorites are Fist of the North Star (manga and anime) and Vampire Hunter D (novels, two movies, and recently, manga). Be warned, these two contain mature content and can be quite gory. Both came out in the 80's and, while I prefer older stuff over today's material, their age may be off-putting to some.

I'm a bit of a sucker for the overpowered trope, too. XP
@SenayDragon

Dragonball/Dragonball Z and the rest of that franchise may be the epitome of extremely over-powered characters. I can't believe no one has yet mentioned it!

Some of my personal favorites are Fist of the North Star (manga and anime) and Vampire Hunter D (novels, two movies, and recently, manga). Be warned, these two contain mature content and can be quite gory. Both came out in the 80's and, while I prefer older stuff over today's material, their age may be off-putting to some.

I'm a bit of a sucker for the overpowered trope, too. XP
23826.png7103.png23828.png
@Astrocomet I've been on the DBZ train since it was on Toonami lol. Yes, there's definitely many overpowered characters there (my favorites are Vegeta and Beerus)!

I've seen Fist of the North Star around a lot ever since I was young, but I never got around to actually reading/ watching it. I'll have to give it a shot! Same with Vampire Hunter D. My roommate has a ton of Vampire Hunter D stuff so I'll just borrow some from her hehe. ^^
@Astrocomet I've been on the DBZ train since it was on Toonami lol. Yes, there's definitely many overpowered characters there (my favorites are Vegeta and Beerus)!

I've seen Fist of the North Star around a lot ever since I was young, but I never got around to actually reading/ watching it. I'll have to give it a shot! Same with Vampire Hunter D. My roommate has a ton of Vampire Hunter D stuff so I'll just borrow some from her hehe. ^^

Click HERE!
I'm going to second Dragonball/Dragonball Z if you haven't seen them although I love the two more for the villian/turned hero trope that I'm a sucker for. Others hmmmm I'd say Sword Art Online (though the quality of the series really sinks quickly, but the main character is very much overpowered) and maybe Fairy Tale as well? Many of the characters are pretty overpowered in there (and more endearing than SAO imo). Oh Code Geass is a good one- the main character doesn't necessarily start out right away but quickly masters his powers (and is a REALLY interesting show).
I'm going to second Dragonball/Dragonball Z if you haven't seen them although I love the two more for the villian/turned hero trope that I'm a sucker for. Others hmmmm I'd say Sword Art Online (though the quality of the series really sinks quickly, but the main character is very much overpowered) and maybe Fairy Tale as well? Many of the characters are pretty overpowered in there (and more endearing than SAO imo). Oh Code Geass is a good one- the main character doesn't necessarily start out right away but quickly masters his powers (and is a REALLY interesting show).
CVX0Ylh.png
@SenayDragon You could give The King's Avatar a try. It's a Chinese anime and apart from the voice acting, is actually pretty good. I wouldn't exactly say that the main character is OP but he is WAY stronger than almost everyone else. Well it's e-sport themed so he has crazy God-like mechanics and hand speed haha.

I don't particularly have a favourite trope but I like dark and troubled pasts lol.
@SenayDragon You could give The King's Avatar a try. It's a Chinese anime and apart from the voice acting, is actually pretty good. I wouldn't exactly say that the main character is OP but he is WAY stronger than almost everyone else. Well it's e-sport themed so he has crazy God-like mechanics and hand speed haha.

I don't particularly have a favourite trope but I like dark and troubled pasts lol.
QBHm0vY.jpg
@SenayDragon
These anime have overpowered main characters :)

Nanatsu no Taizai
Beelzebub
Hataraku Maou-sama!
@SenayDragon
These anime have overpowered main characters :)

Nanatsu no Taizai
Beelzebub
Hataraku Maou-sama!
1 2 3 4