Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Magikarp Jump
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@Sludgy

haha lol, i've considered but i've been keeping with semi-conventional names? well.. i named my white calico Shio and i had a standard i named Saba lol.

um so.. watch out with the events........

i just.. i lost one of my karp children. like, they can D I E

(vicious pidgeotto snatched my child from the air when i went for the berry in the tree jump. i was not expecting that AT ALL.) ;o;
@Sludgy

haha lol, i've considered but i've been keeping with semi-conventional names? well.. i named my white calico Shio and i had a standard i named Saba lol.

um so.. watch out with the events........

i just.. i lost one of my karp children. like, they can D I E

(vicious pidgeotto snatched my child from the air when i went for the berry in the tree jump. i was not expecting that AT ALL.) ;o;
tumblr_nr1sm6Mwfo1sevwwxo1_500.png
@ErsatzLace I called my white calico one Spot, but after a while I thought it was a bit lackluster. So it's time for me to break out some unconventional ones :D Your names are great!!

WHAT??? LIKE...... GONE FOREVER!???? Damn, I told my Tuna Sushi to jump for that fruit. I was lucky enough to get it, and got 600JP. I thought it would only have a small penalty if it failed. I went for a shiny thing in the water during one event, which ended up as trash, but I only lost about 80JP.
@ErsatzLace I called my white calico one Spot, but after a while I thought it was a bit lackluster. So it's time for me to break out some unconventional ones :D Your names are great!!

WHAT??? LIKE...... GONE FOREVER!???? Damn, I told my Tuna Sushi to jump for that fruit. I was lucky enough to get it, and got 600JP. I thought it would only have a small penalty if it failed. I went for a shiny thing in the water during one event, which ended up as trash, but I only lost about 80JP.
arkantos_signature_by_sludgy_by_sludgy-dben8lb.png
@Sludgy

Haha thanks! I haven't been putting too much thought into the meanings of the names, just whatever pops up into my head that rolls nicely off the tongue. (I vaguely considered using names from Persona 5 since that's what I'm playing atm but decided not to in the end.)

So far I've gone through Shima (Standard), Saikin (Calico), Saba (Standard), Shio (White Calico), Ara (Orange with White Belly? R I P before identification), and now Mirai (Calico).

YEAH. I was wondering what the 'Forced to Retire' achievement meant, and now I know. ;o;

Like, I've definitely gotten the berry tree event before and I did get the JP boost from grabbing it the first time. The second time is when I lost my poor Ara from a Pidgeotto attack. :( It's definitely one of those 'at your own risk' situation. I've gotten other events that do that 'are you sure' double prompts and until this point I had been lucky getting the reward. I'm much more wary now of what the potential risk is if luck doesn't prove out. OTL
@Sludgy

Haha thanks! I haven't been putting too much thought into the meanings of the names, just whatever pops up into my head that rolls nicely off the tongue. (I vaguely considered using names from Persona 5 since that's what I'm playing atm but decided not to in the end.)

So far I've gone through Shima (Standard), Saikin (Calico), Saba (Standard), Shio (White Calico), Ara (Orange with White Belly? R I P before identification), and now Mirai (Calico).

YEAH. I was wondering what the 'Forced to Retire' achievement meant, and now I know. ;o;

Like, I've definitely gotten the berry tree event before and I did get the JP boost from grabbing it the first time. The second time is when I lost my poor Ara from a Pidgeotto attack. :( It's definitely one of those 'at your own risk' situation. I've gotten other events that do that 'are you sure' double prompts and until this point I had been lucky getting the reward. I'm much more wary now of what the potential risk is if luck doesn't prove out. OTL
OH MY!!! Ara, the pain.... 'Forced to Retire' achievement, I shall remember this.

I guess it might alright if you want to start over quickly because you already have the identification for a certain pattern. I read somewhere in the game that Magickarp that start out the same might get different pattern when they grow to maximum size? I look forward to seeing how this works out.

Thank you for letting me know. I need to really have a think about these events when they appear. I was a bit 'whatever' about them, but this is truely a cautionary tale. I will think twice about the double prompt from now on.
OH MY!!! Ara, the pain.... 'Forced to Retire' achievement, I shall remember this.

I guess it might alright if you want to start over quickly because you already have the identification for a certain pattern. I read somewhere in the game that Magickarp that start out the same might get different pattern when they grow to maximum size? I look forward to seeing how this works out.

Thank you for letting me know. I need to really have a think about these events when they appear. I was a bit 'whatever' about them, but this is truely a cautionary tale. I will think twice about the double prompt from now on.
It's a cute little game I'm really enjoying it. I'm on my 4th magikarp so far. I've gotten 2 normals, a calico and now a two toned orange one. I was really bummed when I had to retire my little derp fishes.. but its nice that they show up in the background occasionally!
It's a cute little game I'm really enjoying it. I'm on my 4th magikarp so far. I've gotten 2 normals, a calico and now a two toned orange one. I was really bummed when I had to retire my little derp fishes.. but its nice that they show up in the background occasionally!
@Nayiru I know what you mean by being bummed. I really liked a few of my Magikarp, it would have been nice to keep them. I guess that would have that would defeat the purpose of the game ;A;
@Nayiru I know what you mean by being bummed. I really liked a few of my Magikarp, it would have been nice to keep them. I guess that would have that would defeat the purpose of the game ;A;
@ErsatzLace OH OH!!!! If you see a Pokeball on the ground, be careful. I picked it up, but it was a Voltorb ;A; my Magikarp... "Salty Nuts" .... died. ;A; ;A; (Salted Peanuts was too long to be a name).
@ErsatzLace OH OH!!!! If you see a Pokeball on the ground, be careful. I picked it up, but it was a Voltorb ;A; my Magikarp... "Salty Nuts" .... died. ;A; ;A; (Salted Peanuts was too long to be a name).
I'm on my 5th Magi
Standard (retired at max level with a badge to his name), Calico (forced to retire as he was snatched by a Pidgeotto- how sad!), Skelly (retired at max level with 4-5 battles to his name), Standard (retired at max level with a badge to her name), and now a Orange two tone who's getting close to max level with 0 wins. He's a bit on the weaker side..
I'm on my 5th Magi
Standard (retired at max level with a badge to his name), Calico (forced to retire as he was snatched by a Pidgeotto- how sad!), Skelly (retired at max level with 4-5 battles to his name), Standard (retired at max level with a badge to her name), and now a Orange two tone who's getting close to max level with 0 wins. He's a bit on the weaker side..
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@Sludgy

Oh no! D: RIP Salty Nuts. u_u

Thanks for the info! Ever since that Pidgeotto attack, I've been playing it safe and declining those events (at least for now, I've got Gold Magikarp named Kintsurugi lol, I want this one to retire safely and bless future generations).

It looks like tho, if you decline these "chance" events, it awards you with some amount of extra JP. (For ex: after training you take the long way home, get an event, decline, go home early and take a nap, get extra JP)
@Sludgy

Oh no! D: RIP Salty Nuts. u_u

Thanks for the info! Ever since that Pidgeotto attack, I've been playing it safe and declining those events (at least for now, I've got Gold Magikarp named Kintsurugi lol, I want this one to retire safely and bless future generations).

It looks like tho, if you decline these "chance" events, it awards you with some amount of extra JP. (For ex: after training you take the long way home, get an event, decline, go home early and take a nap, get extra JP)
Did your Ever Stones break? Mine broke so my level 20 Magikarp.. EVOLVED .. RIP
Did your Ever Stones break? Mine broke so my level 20 Magikarp.. EVOLVED .. RIP
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12