Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | QOTD Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40
I thought I would start a question of the day thread.
To be pinged for the daily question, just request it.
Anyone can join at anytime, just jump right in!

first question...

If you had endless amounts of money what kind of house would you live in?
I thought I would start a question of the day thread.
To be pinged for the daily question, just request it.
Anyone can join at anytime, just jump right in!

first question...

If you had endless amounts of money what kind of house would you live in?
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
I've always wanted to live in a Victorian house because I love the architecture of them and they're just so pleasing to look at. Preferably it would have a lot of windows to let in as much natural light as possible and a nice yard. Also one with a turret. Also, hardwood floors would need to be a must because I hate carpeting
I've always wanted to live in a Victorian house because I love the architecture of them and they're just so pleasing to look at. Preferably it would have a lot of windows to let in as much natural light as possible and a nice yard. Also one with a turret. Also, hardwood floors would need to be a must because I hate carpeting
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
@DottedAshes

I'd live in 7,000+ sq. foot house~ It would be beach side, have at least 5 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms~ It would have a huge kitchen for my hypothetical chef, and one of the Bathrooms would have an air tub or a soaker tub, as well as a standing shower! It would be more than one story, two or three floors maybe. Plus, it would have high ceilings~ Bedrooms and Living room(s) would be carpeted... well any place, within reason, should have carpet... So no Kitchen or bathroom carpets. AND I'd have it built to mock a castle or Victorian style house. Also a large fenced in yard~

UwU I like big and expensive things~ *Ping me for the QOTD*
@DottedAshes

I'd live in 7,000+ sq. foot house~ It would be beach side, have at least 5 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms~ It would have a huge kitchen for my hypothetical chef, and one of the Bathrooms would have an air tub or a soaker tub, as well as a standing shower! It would be more than one story, two or three floors maybe. Plus, it would have high ceilings~ Bedrooms and Living room(s) would be carpeted... well any place, within reason, should have carpet... So no Kitchen or bathroom carpets. AND I'd have it built to mock a castle or Victorian style house. Also a large fenced in yard~

UwU I like big and expensive things~ *Ping me for the QOTD*
tumblr_inline_nzzpbdkauA1tgoz4u_500.gif
Probably a tree house. Like, a beautiful tree house. It has to be light and airy, with lots of windows. Cool or forest-y colors. Nothing too big, all I really care about is lots of places to read and sit and hang out. A glass room to watch rain... Wind chimes in the branches... Parts of roof be tin for hearing rain.. gosh. I would love to have a creek or lake nearby to swim in... An art studio!

(Also can you ping me if it's not too much trouble?)
Probably a tree house. Like, a beautiful tree house. It has to be light and airy, with lots of windows. Cool or forest-y colors. Nothing too big, all I really care about is lots of places to read and sit and hang out. A glass room to watch rain... Wind chimes in the branches... Parts of roof be tin for hearing rain.. gosh. I would love to have a creek or lake nearby to swim in... An art studio!

(Also can you ping me if it's not too much trouble?)
Frankenstein3.jpg
Size-wise, I wouldn't really care. The two-bedroom house my family owns is just fine. I mean, I wouldn't mind a spare bedroom for guests, since things got a little iffy when there were more than 3 people around. But I want pretty decks, balconies, a nice garden... that sort of thing. Oh and a pool is a must!
Size-wise, I wouldn't really care. The two-bedroom house my family owns is just fine. I mean, I wouldn't mind a spare bedroom for guests, since things got a little iffy when there were more than 3 people around. But I want pretty decks, balconies, a nice garden... that sort of thing. Oh and a pool is a must!
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
I've always wanted to live in a cosy, simplistic, single bedroom high-rise apartment in NYC with a view of the skyline. Maybe with a balcony. With chilled monochrome tones and rainbow splashes of color here and there.
I've always wanted to live in a cosy, simplistic, single bedroom high-rise apartment in NYC with a view of the skyline. Maybe with a balcony. With chilled monochrome tones and rainbow splashes of color here and there.
dlx3JgZ.gif
@DottedAshes Mobile home parked on the edge of a city in Nevada, maybe Las Vegas. My "yard" surrounding the place is dotted with decorations, sculptures, things I've made myself, christmas lights, etc. Either that, or one of those houses buried in the earth shaped like a dome. You might think "hey, you don't need endless money for that!", but...I also want to not be working while I live there. :B
@DottedAshes Mobile home parked on the edge of a city in Nevada, maybe Las Vegas. My "yard" surrounding the place is dotted with decorations, sculptures, things I've made myself, christmas lights, etc. Either that, or one of those houses buried in the earth shaped like a dome. You might think "hey, you don't need endless money for that!", but...I also want to not be working while I live there. :B
breathe deep, seek peace
----
courier_pearl.gif
@DottedAshes
Mid-sized home in either Oregon or Washington, but with tons of acreage. A large basement for brewing mead, and plenty of open sunlight land for raising bees. I'd raise chickens too, maybe goats, and have a dermistid beetle colony.
I think I would also want a shop, probably not attached to the house. I do wood burning and carving, which can be unfriendly on the lungs, and tons of bone work which can straight up cause diseases. I would love a real shop so, so much.
Also probably room for a garden, vegetables and whatnot, only edible things. Maybe bamboo too, its a very sustainable wood. I would also love to have solar panels and ideally, be off the grid entirely.

(also I subscribed but sometimes that doesn't work, so if you could ping me that'd be awesome)

@DottedAshes
Mid-sized home in either Oregon or Washington, but with tons of acreage. A large basement for brewing mead, and plenty of open sunlight land for raising bees. I'd raise chickens too, maybe goats, and have a dermistid beetle colony.
I think I would also want a shop, probably not attached to the house. I do wood burning and carving, which can be unfriendly on the lungs, and tons of bone work which can straight up cause diseases. I would love a real shop so, so much.
Also probably room for a garden, vegetables and whatnot, only edible things. Maybe bamboo too, its a very sustainable wood. I would also love to have solar panels and ideally, be off the grid entirely.

(also I subscribed but sometimes that doesn't work, so if you could ping me that'd be awesome)

*sighs dreamily* A little white farmhouse with a hundred acres. Horses, cows, pigs, chickens, vegetables, fruit, woods, a huge pond for swimming, and a smaller pond for koi fish.
The house has wide, dark, hardwood floors, huge windows with wide sills for plants and things, curtains flowing in the breeze, and a big kitchen with a window over the sink. I have a queen size brass bed with fluffy white linen sheets.
On the weekends I harvest my crops and during the week I sell them at the farmer's market.
I'd live there with my future husband and our dogs and cats and fish tanks, and most importantly: no children. I would be proudly bisexual and nonbinary. Friends visit often and I cook all the time.

Oops, guess I got a little carried away. It's probably not possible for me to achieve all this because I am, in fact, a piece of garbage, but I can dream.
*sighs dreamily* A little white farmhouse with a hundred acres. Horses, cows, pigs, chickens, vegetables, fruit, woods, a huge pond for swimming, and a smaller pond for koi fish.
The house has wide, dark, hardwood floors, huge windows with wide sills for plants and things, curtains flowing in the breeze, and a big kitchen with a window over the sink. I have a queen size brass bed with fluffy white linen sheets.
On the weekends I harvest my crops and during the week I sell them at the farmer's market.
I'd live there with my future husband and our dogs and cats and fish tanks, and most importantly: no children. I would be proudly bisexual and nonbinary. Friends visit often and I cook all the time.

Oops, guess I got a little carried away. It's probably not possible for me to achieve all this because I am, in fact, a piece of garbage, but I can dream.
ceasefire. now.
Same one I'm in, just I'd have it fixed up. Maybe buy the abandoned house next door, get it leveled and cleaned up and then get the fence extended so Jiro can have an even larger yard to play in.

I like to think I'm fairly simple in what I want.
Same one I'm in, just I'd have it fixed up. Maybe buy the abandoned house next door, get it leveled and cleaned up and then get the fence extended so Jiro can have an even larger yard to play in.

I like to think I'm fairly simple in what I want.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40