Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Astronomy Club!
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 76 77
@ZannaDragon

May I join by any chance?
@ZannaDragon

May I join by any chance?
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
@TigerWind

Sounds fun... I just hope that Nature will be nice and let me see special celestial events lol! I seem to always have the bad luck at trying to get out to watch something. I either have something happen that makes me miss the viewing, or if I'm actually able to get out, the weather always seems to get cloudy or foggy at the critical time. The last solar eclipse I was able to actually see with my own (filtered) eyes was 20 years ago... haven't been able to afford trips to see the next ones. The last lunar eclipse I missed the totality because the weather decided to cloud up just as the shadow rolled over :( I did get to see the Venus Transit though... and wowed my neighbours with showing it off using my special eclipse glasses :D Hopefully something as "small" as a full moon on the summer solstice won't be that hard to catch lol!
@TigerWind

Sounds fun... I just hope that Nature will be nice and let me see special celestial events lol! I seem to always have the bad luck at trying to get out to watch something. I either have something happen that makes me miss the viewing, or if I'm actually able to get out, the weather always seems to get cloudy or foggy at the critical time. The last solar eclipse I was able to actually see with my own (filtered) eyes was 20 years ago... haven't been able to afford trips to see the next ones. The last lunar eclipse I missed the totality because the weather decided to cloud up just as the shadow rolled over :( I did get to see the Venus Transit though... and wowed my neighbours with showing it off using my special eclipse glasses :D Hopefully something as "small" as a full moon on the summer solstice won't be that hard to catch lol!
arcane_egg_signature_by_masq_d-d8lhdp0.png JOJIQLh.png mwqxUtS.png
@Zannadragon

Cool Idea!
@Zannadragon

Cool Idea!
qXZqPz6.gif
@ZannaDragon @nathan8rr @souphands @Exterreri @Cosmological @PoemsOfLou @Finian @deputykuriboh @Reltseo @limeypie @Amee @Zhukov @Catcats @Razzledazzy @NightFire102 @cosmicpoppies @Paperdragon337 @SteampunkDragon @Zues @Erock @TheMageLemon245 @Nekron @Novaturen @Chronosplit @GrimdarkRoxy @MagicStar @feming @PeachySpace @Sparklepelt @solarsuntzu @thegoogy @RedbirdTheGreat @Butterfliez @Steffon @CEGAMischief @TiaDaWerecat @hatichu @favplusle @Spookying @PrinceAsriel @Barrypaws @Mossflight @SpaceWolf @TigerWind @Xoriat @Littletime @firecrest @luckydragon12 @GiroGirl723 @Sebak @Usatov @FireFury16 @bananaquit @Alvis @pseudovum @Gemmbot @SwiftSeagull @MiddyLark @Lup @Yatzstar @KCGallows @Verwald @Lilydale @Rattz @klefaeries @SylvrFox @melonsaur @GinaNeko @CalinaEstel @vostok @Krynne @croninians @cashe @DracoKnyght @PlayerOne @CommanderShepard @slotho @Maotai @Amaranth41 @burningskies @missy20201 @CyberNexus @Kurigon @katzentai

Did you know that the universe is expanding faster then expected.
Link to the page were I found this out
@ZannaDragon @nathan8rr @souphands @Exterreri @Cosmological @PoemsOfLou @Finian @deputykuriboh @Reltseo @limeypie @Amee @Zhukov @Catcats @Razzledazzy @NightFire102 @cosmicpoppies @Paperdragon337 @SteampunkDragon @Zues @Erock @TheMageLemon245 @Nekron @Novaturen @Chronosplit @GrimdarkRoxy @MagicStar @feming @PeachySpace @Sparklepelt @solarsuntzu @thegoogy @RedbirdTheGreat @Butterfliez @Steffon @CEGAMischief @TiaDaWerecat @hatichu @favplusle @Spookying @PrinceAsriel @Barrypaws @Mossflight @SpaceWolf @TigerWind @Xoriat @Littletime @firecrest @luckydragon12 @GiroGirl723 @Sebak @Usatov @FireFury16 @bananaquit @Alvis @pseudovum @Gemmbot @SwiftSeagull @MiddyLark @Lup @Yatzstar @KCGallows @Verwald @Lilydale @Rattz @klefaeries @SylvrFox @melonsaur @GinaNeko @CalinaEstel @vostok @Krynne @croninians @cashe @DracoKnyght @PlayerOne @CommanderShepard @slotho @Maotai @Amaranth41 @burningskies @missy20201 @CyberNexus @Kurigon @katzentai

Did you know that the universe is expanding faster then expected.
Link to the page were I found this out
@firecrest Damn. Thanks for sharing this!
@firecrest Damn. Thanks for sharing this!
Cursed Die
Hi, I'm Steffon.

Saving up: 1,830/7,000 G
- 11 * (530 - 250) = 3,080 G
- Accent Blueprint (10) + Accent Blueprint = 3,500 G
Projects
God-Emperor
Taran's wondrous figurines
Hestia's brood
Guild Wars 2 fandragons
gMDuKVs.png
JHqnR5C.png
oxDm2Un.png
mjtJ868.png
5hF3FGk.png
@firecrest Wowza, what a discovery!
@firecrest Wowza, what a discovery!
5vaIIUT.png vwJuAor.pngUYAx2tm.png
That's cool! Thanks!
That's cool! Thanks!
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
@Attor @MidNightTiger @Glacecakes @TheClassCalico

I'm so sorry for the long wait everyone!! I'm adding you all right now.

@Attor:

I'll send a link to the Skype via PM! Please let me know if you encounter any issues. Also, I am an Arcanite, and I believe the vast majority of our members are! I believe that you're right that they'd go crazy over it :) I may put a link there in the future!

@MidNightTiger:

You can make a post in the Arcane forum directing people to the club if you want! To be clear, you don't have to do it, as I'll probably get around to it eventually. However, if you want to please go ahead! I'm very busy IRL at the moment, so it'll probably be a while before I'll be able to do it. If you decide to make a post, please ping me so I can see it :)

@Glacecakes:

Welcome! Be on the lookout for a PM with the Skype link. I would LOVE to see the photos from the Perth Observatory if you don't mind sharing! I'm always interested in that sort of thing, and I'm sure many others in the club are too!

@CopperMoon :

You're welcome to join if you want! You don't have to, but we would be happy to have you :)

@TheClassCalico :

Absolutely! :)

@Mochii @ButterflyGalaxy

You guys asked to be added in PMs; this is just letting you know you've been added. :)

Clear Skies, everyone!
@Attor @MidNightTiger @Glacecakes @TheClassCalico

I'm so sorry for the long wait everyone!! I'm adding you all right now.

@Attor:

I'll send a link to the Skype via PM! Please let me know if you encounter any issues. Also, I am an Arcanite, and I believe the vast majority of our members are! I believe that you're right that they'd go crazy over it :) I may put a link there in the future!

@MidNightTiger:

You can make a post in the Arcane forum directing people to the club if you want! To be clear, you don't have to do it, as I'll probably get around to it eventually. However, if you want to please go ahead! I'm very busy IRL at the moment, so it'll probably be a while before I'll be able to do it. If you decide to make a post, please ping me so I can see it :)

@Glacecakes:

Welcome! Be on the lookout for a PM with the Skype link. I would LOVE to see the photos from the Perth Observatory if you don't mind sharing! I'm always interested in that sort of thing, and I'm sure many others in the club are too!

@CopperMoon :

You're welcome to join if you want! You don't have to, but we would be happy to have you :)

@TheClassCalico :

Absolutely! :)

@Mochii @ButterflyGalaxy

You guys asked to be added in PMs; this is just letting you know you've been added. :)

Clear Skies, everyone!
[size=1]@ZannaDragon @nathan8rr @souphands @Exterreri @Cosmological @PoemsOfLou @Finian @deputykuriboh @Reltseo @limeypie @Amee @Zhukov @Catcats @Razzledazzy @NightFire102 @cosmicpoppies @Paperdragon337 @SteampunkDragon @Zues @Erock @TheMageLemon245 @Nekron @Novaturen @Chronosplit @GrimdarkRoxy @MagicStar @feming @PeachySpace @Sparklepelt @solarsuntzu @thegoogy @RedbirdTheGreat @Butterfliez @Steffon @CEGAMischief @TiaDaWerecat @hatichu @favplusle @Spookying @PrinceAsriel @Barrypaws @Mossflight @SpaceWolf @TigerWind @Xoriat @Littletime @firecrest @luckydragon12 @GiroGirl723 @Sebak @Usatov @FireFury16 @bananaquit @Alvis @pseudovum @Gemmbot @SwiftSeagull @MiddyLark @Lup @Yatzstar @KCGallows @Verwald @Lilydale @Rattz @klefaeries @SylvrFox @melonsaur @GinaNeko @CalinaEstel @vostok @Krynne @croninians @cashe @DracoKnyght @PlayerOne @CommanderShepard @slotho @Maotai @Amaranth41 @burningskies @missy20201 @CyberNexus @Kurigon @katzentai @Attor @MidNightTiger @Glacecakes @TheClassCalico @Mochii @ButterflyGalaxy @Planets @GhostQueen13 @risingmoon @roboticspace @Linoone @Zenikay @ElvenFox @sassymod[/size] ----- [quote][center][size=5][color=red]Calling on Featured Image submissions![/color][/size] [size=7][b]New Featured Image[/b][/size] [size=4][b]Click on image for hi-res version[/b][/size][/center] [url=http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/AryaDragonmaster/9711e5e2d93303972ec53be5fb815f2b_solarsuntzu_zps0eptf34a.jpg][img]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/AryaDragonmaster/9711e5e2d93303972ec53be5fb815f2b_solarsuntzu_zps0eptf34a.jpg[/img][/url] The northern polar hexagon on Saturn. Taken by the Cassini unmanned spacecraft in orbit around Saturn. [size=2](submitted by @solarsuntzu)[/size] [b]Notes:[/b] The gigantic, hexagonal-shaped storm located on top of Saturn's north pole has in the past mystified astronomers, but now is thought to be caused by a shallow, curving jetstream around cloud level. As minor perturbations are encountered, the storm rearranges itself into a hexagonal shape. It was first detected by the Voyager spacecraft, when it performed a flyby of Saturn to gain speed while exiting the solar system. The southern pole of Saturn does not have a hexagon, although it does have a polar vortex (the circular swirl and light colored dot visible in the center). Also visible in the background of the image are the many delicate ring structures of Saturn. Fun fact: All gas giants in our solar system (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune) have rings. Saturn's rings are the only ones visible in a ground based telescope, however. The other rings systems are far too tenuous and faint to be visible, except from space. Read more: http://www.space.com/30608-mysterious-saturn-hexagon-explained.html[/quote] Clear Skies, everyone!
@ZannaDragon @nathan8rr @souphands @Exterreri @Cosmological @PoemsOfLou @Finian @deputykuriboh @Reltseo @limeypie @Amee @Zhukov @Catcats @Razzledazzy @NightFire102 @cosmicpoppies @Paperdragon337 @SteampunkDragon @Zues @Erock @TheMageLemon245 @Nekron @Novaturen @Chronosplit @GrimdarkRoxy @MagicStar @feming @PeachySpace @Sparklepelt @solarsuntzu @thegoogy @RedbirdTheGreat @Butterfliez @Steffon @CEGAMischief @TiaDaWerecat @hatichu @favplusle @Spookying @PrinceAsriel @Barrypaws @Mossflight @SpaceWolf @TigerWind @Xoriat @Littletime @firecrest @luckydragon12 @GiroGirl723 @Sebak @Usatov @FireFury16 @bananaquit @Alvis @pseudovum @Gemmbot @SwiftSeagull @MiddyLark @Lup @Yatzstar @KCGallows @Verwald @Lilydale @Rattz @klefaeries @SylvrFox @melonsaur @GinaNeko @CalinaEstel @vostok @Krynne @croninians @cashe @DracoKnyght @PlayerOne @CommanderShepard @slotho @Maotai @Amaranth41 @burningskies @missy20201 @CyberNexus @Kurigon @katzentai @Attor @MidNightTiger @Glacecakes @TheClassCalico @Mochii @ButterflyGalaxy
@Planets @GhostQueen13 @risingmoon @roboticspace @Linoone @Zenikay @ElvenFox @sassymod

Quote:
Calling on Featured Image submissions!
New Featured Image
Click on image for hi-res version

9711e5e2d93303972ec53be5fb815f2b_solarsuntzu_zps0eptf34a.jpg

The northern polar hexagon on Saturn. Taken by the Cassini unmanned spacecraft in orbit around Saturn. (submitted by @solarsuntzu)

Notes:
The gigantic, hexagonal-shaped storm located on top of Saturn's north pole has in the past mystified astronomers, but now is thought to be caused by a shallow, curving jetstream around cloud level. As minor perturbations are encountered, the storm rearranges itself into a hexagonal shape. It was first detected by the Voyager spacecraft, when it performed a flyby of Saturn to gain speed while exiting the solar system.

The southern pole of Saturn does not have a hexagon, although it does have a polar vortex (the circular swirl and light colored dot visible in the center). Also visible in the background of the image are the many delicate ring structures of Saturn. Fun fact: All gas giants in our solar system (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune) have rings. Saturn's rings are the only ones visible in a ground based telescope, however. The other rings systems are far too tenuous and faint to be visible, except from space.

Read more: http://www.space.com/30608-mysterious-saturn-hexagon-explained.html

Clear Skies, everyone!
Amazing
Amazing
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 76 77