Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Quote-Ping Someone!
[center][b]Have you ever wanted someone to be notified when you quote them, but don't like the usual clunky way[/b] (quoting and then pinging them separately a few lines after)? [b]Well, I have your solution![/b][/center] ---------- [center]Check out this quote. [quote name="silverwolv" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote] Imagine that it's [b]your[/b] pretty coatl I'm commenting on, and you'd like to thank me! But I also posted something else on the thread, so if you simply said, "@silverwolv Thank you!" I might not know what you were replying to. What can you do? [b]The code for the original quote[/b], the one you see above, [b]is shown below[/b]. [code][quote name="silverwolv" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote][/code] And if you wanted to ping me traditionally, you might say something like this: [code][quote name="silverwolv" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote] @silverwolv Thanks so much! ^^; [/code] But here, here is the trick. [b]Add an @ symbol in front of the name part of the quote...[/b] [code][quote name="@silverwolv" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote][/code] I'll post that again, but bold the @ symbol in front of my username to emphasize it: [code][quote name="[b]@silverwolv[/b]" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote][/code] That will produce this result: [quote name="@silverwolv" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote] And if you click the name "@silverwolv" in the above quote, you'll get linked to my profile, and more importantly.... [b]I'll be pinged.[/b] [size=4][b]Hope y'all enjoy, thanks for coming to my ted talk x3[/b][/center]
Have you ever wanted someone to be notified when you quote them, but don't like the usual clunky way (quoting and then pinging them separately a few lines after)? Well, I have your solution!

Check out this quote.
silverwolv wrote on 2018-12-05 16:25:47:
Whoa, I love that coatl!
Imagine that it's your pretty coatl I'm commenting on, and you'd like to thank me! But I also posted something else on the thread, so if you simply said, "@silverwolv Thank you!" I might not know what you were replying to. What can you do?

The code for the original quote, the one you see above, is shown below.
Code:
[quote name="silverwolv" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote]

And if you wanted to ping me traditionally, you might say something like this:
Code:
[quote name="silverwolv" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote] @silverwolv Thanks so much! ^^;

But here, here is the trick.
Add an @ symbol in front of the name part of the quote...
Code:
[quote name="@silverwolv" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote]

I'll post that again, but bold the @ symbol in front of my username to emphasize it:
Code:
[quote name="[b]@silverwolv[/b]" date="2018-12-05 16:25:47" ] Whoa, I love that coatl! [/quote]

That will produce this result:
@silverwolv wrote on 2018-12-05 16:25:47:
Whoa, I love that coatl!

And if you click the name "@silverwolv" in the above quote, you'll get linked to my profile, and more importantly....
I'll be pinged.

Hope y'all enjoy, thanks for coming to my ted talk x3
Y4lXWys.png1omRSjv.png
she/her | scorpio | FR+3 | owner of ID 46464646