Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Leveling Service Pricing
ahoy! i posted this offsite & enough people said it was useful i figured i'd post it here. y'know, for fidelity. also - this is just how i do it! i love the [i]math[/i]. so here we go: you're looking to start leveling dragons for other people, but have no idea how to price, & everyone else's services are kind of all over the place. well have no fear, your local math nerd is here. i’ve been using this system for the last several dragons i’ve trained for other folks, and it seems to be striking that perfect balance of fair pricing for both client & trainer! so, first of all, i went to [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710#post_3141237]this handy-dandy post[/url] that lists the experience required to reach each level. then i made a [s]super cool[/s] spreadsheet: [size=4][b]edit: @soii made an awesome, auto-calculating spreadsheet! check it out [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q1UUGsLMcLgDTWmqvcQeioY1GS_N6mA00lVTEVyYDvo/edit#gid=0]HERE![/url][/size][/b] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/008c313e6465700387c9bd83191207d0/tumblr_inline_pbmdqhvSWz1qgyp6p_540.png[/img] so the furthest right column, as you can see, lists the % of exp the dragon has gained, assuming your final goal is level 25. which. i don’t know why it wouldn’t be (though see examples below for calculating prices between random levels). I DIGRESS. this ALSO becomes your standard for pricing - figure out how much you’d like to charge for 1-25, and go from there. example: you want to charge 250,000 treasure for 1-25. someone comes to you with a level 16 dragon and asks how much, because of course, even when you provide a chart in the OP, they want to double check – you check this, see the percentage at 16 is 24.3, and subtract 24.3% from 250,000 to get your price, which would be exactly 189,750 treasure, or…190,000 treasure. ta-da! example 2: FR finally re-activates the coliseum achievements, so folks are looking to get to 19.9 - or maybe they're looking for high-level fodder. regardless, the principle works similarly. this time, you total up the experience between the starting & finishing levels. again, you're charging 250k for a level 25 dragon. let's say they're looking to go from 11 to 17 - adding up that experience (or, perhaps more simply, subtracting the total at 17 from the total at 11) gives you 305,904. well, the % to 25 (or percentage of 1,363,652 exp) that is = 22.4. this time though, instead of subtracting this percentage from your total price, you just multiply through (so it's the same proportion of the total), which gives you almost exactly 56,000. a third and final way to do this: calculate out your total, work in the percentages, spreadsheet all that stuff, and then subtract the higher level's price from the lower. boom. (i know the math stuff can be a bit confusing but i just wanted to show the guts behind the calculations i've shown - because then if i'm wrong someone can correct me!) (if you have any questions about any of this, you can always shoot me a message, also.) phew. math done. [b]here's the long and short of this:[/b] leveling a dragon to 25 totals out to 1.36 million exp, but it's not spread equally over all the levels, so i've proposed a way to percentage out your total price in proportion to the total exp at each level. & again, if you have any questions, or if i totally hecked something up, or if you don't wanna type this all out & would prefer to just copy my spreadsheet, please let me know!! i spend way too much time in the coli & LOVE talking shop.
ahoy! i posted this offsite & enough people said it was useful i figured i'd post it here. y'know, for fidelity.

also - this is just how i do it! i love the math.

so here we go: you're looking to start leveling dragons for other people, but have no idea how to price, & everyone else's services are kind of all over the place.

well have no fear, your local math nerd is here. i’ve been using this system for the last several dragons i’ve trained for other folks, and it seems to be striking that perfect balance of fair pricing for both client & trainer!

so, first of all, i went to this handy-dandy post that lists the experience required to reach each level. then i made a super cool spreadsheet:

edit: @soii made an awesome, auto-calculating spreadsheet! check it out HERE!

tumblr_inline_pbmdqhvSWz1qgyp6p_540.png

so the furthest right column, as you can see, lists the % of exp the dragon has gained, assuming your final goal is level 25. which. i don’t know why it wouldn’t be (though see examples below for calculating prices between random levels). I DIGRESS. this ALSO becomes your standard for pricing - figure out how much you’d like to charge for 1-25, and go from there.

example: you want to charge 250,000 treasure for 1-25. someone comes to you with a level 16 dragon and asks how much, because of course, even when you provide a chart in the OP, they want to double check – you check this, see the percentage at 16 is 24.3, and subtract 24.3% from 250,000 to get your price, which would be exactly 189,750 treasure, or…190,000 treasure. ta-da!

example 2: FR finally re-activates the coliseum achievements, so folks are looking to get to 19.9 - or maybe they're looking for high-level fodder. regardless, the principle works similarly. this time, you total up the experience between the starting & finishing levels. again, you're charging 250k for a level 25 dragon. let's say they're looking to go from 11 to 17 - adding up that experience (or, perhaps more simply, subtracting the total at 17 from the total at 11) gives you 305,904. well, the % to 25 (or percentage of 1,363,652 exp) that is = 22.4. this time though, instead of subtracting this percentage from your total price, you just multiply through (so it's the same proportion of the total), which gives you almost exactly 56,000.

a third and final way to do this: calculate out your total, work in the percentages, spreadsheet all that stuff, and then subtract the higher level's price from the lower. boom.

(i know the math stuff can be a bit confusing but i just wanted to show the guts behind the calculations i've shown - because then if i'm wrong someone can correct me!) (if you have any questions about any of this, you can always shoot me a message, also.)

phew. math done.

here's the long and short of this: leveling a dragon to 25 totals out to 1.36 million exp, but it's not spread equally over all the levels, so i've proposed a way to percentage out your total price in proportion to the total exp at each level.

& again, if you have any questions, or if i totally hecked something up, or if you don't wanna type this all out & would prefer to just copy my spreadsheet, please let me know!! i spend way too much time in the coli & LOVE talking shop.
tumblr_obtix0TACt1urov7to1_400.png3885_dd8aff50622d045e_P.png
@vojir oooh cool!! i dont have a leveling service (i would die) but it's a nice way to know how near/far from 25 i am now (very)
can i copy the spreadsheet too? i dont excel at excel but i wanted to mess around and see if i can make it calculate values/percentages on the sheet itself
@vojir oooh cool!! i dont have a leveling service (i would die) but it's a nice way to know how near/far from 25 i am now (very)
can i copy the spreadsheet too? i dont excel at excel but i wanted to mess around and see if i can make it calculate values/percentages on the sheet itself
Sol | they/them art shop | tumblr | neocities
@soii
for sure!! here's my sheet, scroll to the right to see the numbers! (i've set it so folks w/ the link can view, you should be able to copy the cells into your own sheet but lmk if you can't)
also i gotta say i heckin love your snapper warrior entourage
@soii
for sure!! here's my sheet, scroll to the right to see the numbers! (i've set it so folks w/ the link can view, you should be able to copy the cells into your own sheet but lmk if you can't)
also i gotta say i heckin love your snapper warrior entourage
@vojir thanks a bunch!! i'm glad u enjoy my snaps :0

edit @vojir
sorry for the double ping! (i hope you did get a ping just now?)

ok so i'm not lightning so my spreadsheet is not fancy the slightest. but it cuts down the math!

it (should) show you
  • your progress!
  • how much you should charge!
  • how much exp you need to reach certain level!
  • plus the table in the OP!
  • and a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson gif!

LINK

lmk if something's not quite right and i'll see if i can fix it :)
@vojir thanks a bunch!! i'm glad u enjoy my snaps :0

edit @vojir
sorry for the double ping! (i hope you did get a ping just now?)

ok so i'm not lightning so my spreadsheet is not fancy the slightest. but it cuts down the math!

it (should) show you
  • your progress!
  • how much you should charge!
  • how much exp you need to reach certain level!
  • plus the table in the OP!
  • and a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson gif!

LINK

lmk if something's not quite right and i'll see if i can fix it :)
This is handy, especially @/soii's tool!! I'll keep this in mind for when I open up my service to more levels.
This is handy, especially @/soii's tool!! I'll keep this in mind for when I open up my service to more levels.
@soii
i didn't see this omg i'm adding it to the OP (which i'm assuming is cool since ya linked it), many thanks!!
@soii
i didn't see this omg i'm adding it to the OP (which i'm assuming is cool since ya linked it), many thanks!!
@vojir yup, it's fine! just trying to help ;)
@vojir yup, it's fine! just trying to help ;)
@vojir
Could you, like use math symbols to solve this for me? I sorta kinda don’t really get it. Use symbols like “-“, “+”,”*”, “/“, etc. to help me solve this:
I charge 200000kt to get a derg to lvl 25. That derg is currently at lvl 17 and has 46417 exp currently.
@vojir
Could you, like use math symbols to solve this for me? I sorta kinda don’t really get it. Use symbols like “-“, “+”,”*”, “/“, etc. to help me solve this:
I charge 200000kt to get a derg to lvl 25. That derg is currently at lvl 17 and has 46417 exp currently.
He/Him|WARNING! I eat pancakes|FR time+2|Weird|This, along with my clan profile, is a big WIP
SM’s Leveling and Grinding
3EEgU.gif
Okay, this is great. Let's see if I've got this right:

Assume a base rate for level 25 dragon = 250,000 treasure

I'm leveling a dragon supplied by customer that is level 10.
I am to take that dragon to level 15.

19.8% of 250,000 [250000*.198] = 49,500
Subtract 5.1% of 250000 -12,750
My charge for lvl'g 10 - 15 would be = 36,750

On Solflo/Soii's calculator I enter:
Current Exp: 69655
Exp. Goal: 270388
Excel calculates Progress: 25.76%
I enter Price to Goal: 50000 [49500 rounded up]
Excel calculates Charge: 37119

So, if I offer a service to level dragons to 15, I would charge nice even numbers of 50,000t for 1-15 and 38,000t for 10 to 15.

Am I getting it right?
Okay, this is great. Let's see if I've got this right:

Assume a base rate for level 25 dragon = 250,000 treasure

I'm leveling a dragon supplied by customer that is level 10.
I am to take that dragon to level 15.

19.8% of 250,000 [250000*.198] = 49,500
Subtract 5.1% of 250000 -12,750
My charge for lvl'g 10 - 15 would be = 36,750

On Solflo/Soii's calculator I enter:
Current Exp: 69655
Exp. Goal: 270388
Excel calculates Progress: 25.76%
I enter Price to Goal: 50000 [49500 rounded up]
Excel calculates Charge: 37119

So, if I offer a service to level dragons to 15, I would charge nice even numbers of 50,000t for 1-15 and 38,000t for 10 to 15.

Am I getting it right?
MlmX2Dr.pngfrqaMSP.gifIYKLZV7.gif
Just a quick note, assuming an average of 1k exp per Mire battle, that's almost exactly 3 straight hours of leveling with one Mire Flyer to get two dragons from 1 to 25. It seems so much longer though... xD
Just a quick note, assuming an average of 1k exp per Mire battle, that's almost exactly 3 straight hours of leveling with one Mire Flyer to get two dragons from 1 to 25. It seems so much longer though... xD
2y1XN7S.png
» She/her
» FRT +2
» Wishlist