Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [+BUTTON] Jousama's Gene Project Tracker
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@Jousama

I noticed that the sheet doesn't warn me if a gene I have selected is a baldwin gene, and I actually thought that a gene I wanted is in MP when it's actually in baldwin.
@Jousama

I noticed that the sheet doesn't warn me if a gene I have selected is a baldwin gene, and I actually thought that a gene I wanted is in MP when it's actually in baldwin.
@Limelight

I'll look into a way to make that obvious! Would you prefer highlighted cells? Or would a simple "List of" type thing work better for you?

I'm needing to revamp/restructure this tracker regardless, thanks to the new eye genes ^^;
@Limelight

I'll look into a way to make that obvious! Would you prefer highlighted cells? Or would a simple "List of" type thing work better for you?

I'm needing to revamp/restructure this tracker regardless, thanks to the new eye genes ^^;
Na5WGHa.png
@Jousama

Maybe highlighted? In fact, may I suggest that for firefly and baldwin genes you include the required items and the treasure cost as well as brew level? It'd be good to see. Maybe in notes?

Blasted eye genes XD
@Jousama

Maybe highlighted? In fact, may I suggest that for firefly and baldwin genes you include the required items and the treasure cost as well as brew level? It'd be good to see. Maybe in notes?

Blasted eye genes XD
[quote=Pinglist] [size=2] @Limelight, @Raedeshe, @ThisIsGospel, @SoulOfChaos, @Auries, @Hyleoroi, @Rafikii, @Carolynmbp, @Kelpsi[/size][/quote] I hope you don't mind getting pinged! With the launch of eye 'genes', I took the opportunity to completely overhaul the Gene Project Tracker! [b][color=#990000]Changes include:[/color][/b] [LIST] [*] Code tweaked to include the new eyes. [*] Viewing capabilities for multiple scries. [*] Took out the dragon level count. [*] Lists locations of genes, as well as additional materials required (for Baldwin/Swipp genes). [*] Checkboxes! [*] A project overview tab with per-page cost evaluation. [/LIST] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kHUShoqG2VMhtRR2_SEjlr41RYLZBv8VqWM5-DcR6Lc/edit?usp=sharing][font=Century Gothic][color=#0B5394][size=5][b]LINK TO SPREADSHEET IN ACTION[/b][/size][/color][/font][/url][/center] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LZmSD6M_ELNzchDNsSEIzL6zVjjNhyi8TEaAjc1HxB4/edit?usp=sharing][font=Century Gothic][color=#0B5394][size=5][b]LINK TO BLANK SPREADSHEET[/b][/size][/color][/font][/url][/center] Preview: [center][img]https://imgur.com/xZMC7pc.png[/img] [/center]

I hope you don't mind getting pinged! With the launch of eye 'genes', I took the opportunity to completely overhaul the Gene Project Tracker!

Changes include:
  • Code tweaked to include the new eyes.
  • Viewing capabilities for multiple scries.
  • Took out the dragon level count.
  • Lists locations of genes, as well as additional materials required (for Baldwin/Swipp genes).
  • Checkboxes!
  • A project overview tab with per-page cost evaluation.

Preview:
xZMC7pc.png
Na5WGHa.png
Thank you, Jou!!! :)
Thank you, Jou!!! :)
C A R O L Y N M B P
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FRT +3
Auctioneer
she / her / Mom

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
__ XeQIpmN.png
__
BeautiesforBeastsv3.png
Moms_Attic_v2.png
tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
Bless you as usual!

-works on transfer sheets-
Bless you as usual!

-works on transfer sheets-
No offense, but it looks more like you copied Myndris's scry sheets and the only thing different is the arrangement of things :/
No offense, but it looks more like you copied Myndris's scry sheets and the only thing different is the arrangement of things :/
Spooder-Dab-Anim-timeline-small.gifxeDKNxe.pngAfam_-_IoMA_Badges_-_Fish_Cookie.png
No offense, Jou, but how dare you call out my empty dragon-wallet like this. XD

All joking aside, this has grown into an amazing looking sheet! I...may just have to break down and start tracking things on it. Maybe it will make getting through the pile of naked dragons easier. I don't wanna know how much all these projects are gonna cost.
No offense, Jou, but how dare you call out my empty dragon-wallet like this. XD

All joking aside, this has grown into an amazing looking sheet! I...may just have to break down and start tracking things on it. Maybe it will make getting through the pile of naked dragons easier. I don't wanna know how much all these projects are gonna cost.
Awesome sheet, I love this thing! I find it much easier and clearer than other sheets out there! The only thing I changed on my own copy of the sheet was changing the "Currently Looks like:" to "Started as" as i'm guessing that information and scry image will not change unless you input it, but that's just a personal thing i've done for mine. Thank you so much for making this and definitely keep pinging me for updates! :D
Awesome sheet, I love this thing! I find it much easier and clearer than other sheets out there! The only thing I changed on my own copy of the sheet was changing the "Currently Looks like:" to "Started as" as i'm guessing that information and scry image will not change unless you input it, but that's just a personal thing i've done for mine. Thank you so much for making this and definitely keep pinging me for updates! :D
Tumblr
Art Shop
Adoptables
Accents
DeviantART
OeLSCuS.png
@Sketchanie I'm sorry you feel that way. However, I would like to respectfully disagree. Myndris' sheet is wonderful and I've justly accredited them as my inspiration, but the way my sheet is laid out is a result of my personal visual preferences and requirements and not simply a 'copy'. Content-wise, Myndris most certainly has a lot more going for their sheet with the scry-only, single scry planner and customisation tabs. My sheet is focused much more succinctly on only projects, as you'll notice by the cost overview tab on the front page, as well as AH cost toggle for each trait. Of course, that's probably not what you were intending when you made your post. [quote=Sketchanie][...]the only thing different is the arrangement of things :/[/quote] This implies that you dislike the visual similarities of the two sheets? I'm afraid I don't see it. [img]https://imgur.com/qbOKGwH.png[/img] When I created my sheet, the intent was to mirror a dragon's infobox with the placement of the Current Information vs the Planned Scry. Thus, the positions are inversed from Myndris, and more visual weight is placed on the scry vs the current appearance. Ignoring the obvious colour differences, there are many ways our presentations of a gene project are different. For example: [LIST] [*]Mine includes extra information such as the ID, ways to obtain the things you want, Total/Remaining cost comparison and a toggle for purchasing from the AH instead of (for example) brewing/grinding in the coliseum. [*] We both display multiple scries, but Myndris' could technically display [b]five[/b] if you were okay with not knowing the price of one of them. Mine can only hold four. [*] As a minor note, Myndris' sheet also displays them in a 2x2 format vs my 1+1x3 format. [*] Myndris' displays the cost for all four simultaneously, whereas mine only displays one. There's also no immediate way to tell T/G gemes apart beyond the large numerical discrepancy, while mine has the T/G clearly marked. [*]The use of checkboxes was indeed inspired by Myndris' use of them, but the actual application of them is fairly different, and is also simply a by-product of Google Sheets releasing checkbox functionality just over a month ago. [/LIST] Or perhaps you were referring to the single-scry option in Myndris' sheet? [IMG]https://imgur.com/fayNlcN.png[/IMG] Again, there are very few visual similarities unless you consider both our representations of one big image + one small image + list of traits simple rearrangement of each other. I don't even have an independent Single Scry tab. When working with the same set of data (i.e. breeds/genes/colors), there will always be overlaps in how the information is presented. But if you look at the coding of both sheets, you'll notice that they're fairly different from a technical standpoint. No two people code the same way, even if the resulting spreadsheet accomplishes the same purpose.
@Sketchanie

I'm sorry you feel that way. However, I would like to respectfully disagree. Myndris' sheet is wonderful and I've justly accredited them as my inspiration, but the way my sheet is laid out is a result of my personal visual preferences and requirements and not simply a 'copy'.

Content-wise, Myndris most certainly has a lot more going for their sheet with the scry-only, single scry planner and customisation tabs. My sheet is focused much more succinctly on only projects, as you'll notice by the cost overview tab on the front page, as well as AH cost toggle for each trait.

Of course, that's probably not what you were intending when you made your post.
Sketchanie wrote:
[...]the only thing different is the arrangement of things :/

This implies that you dislike the visual similarities of the two sheets? I'm afraid I don't see it.

qbOKGwH.png

When I created my sheet, the intent was to mirror a dragon's infobox with the placement of the Current Information vs the Planned Scry. Thus, the positions are inversed from Myndris, and more visual weight is placed on the scry vs the current appearance. Ignoring the obvious colour differences, there are many ways our presentations of a gene project are different. For example:
  • Mine includes extra information such as the ID, ways to obtain the things you want, Total/Remaining cost comparison and a toggle for purchasing from the AH instead of (for example) brewing/grinding in the coliseum.
  • We both display multiple scries, but Myndris' could technically display five if you were okay with not knowing the price of one of them. Mine can only hold four.
  • As a minor note, Myndris' sheet also displays them in a 2x2 format vs my 1+1x3 format.
  • Myndris' displays the cost for all four simultaneously, whereas mine only displays one. There's also no immediate way to tell T/G gemes apart beyond the large numerical discrepancy, while mine has the T/G clearly marked.
  • The use of checkboxes was indeed inspired by Myndris' use of them, but the actual application of them is fairly different, and is also simply a by-product of Google Sheets releasing checkbox functionality just over a month ago.

Or perhaps you were referring to the single-scry option in Myndris' sheet?

fayNlcN.png

Again, there are very few visual similarities unless you consider both our representations of one big image + one small image + list of traits simple rearrangement of each other. I don't even have an independent Single Scry tab.

When working with the same set of data (i.e. breeds/genes/colors), there will always be overlaps in how the information is presented. But if you look at the coding of both sheets, you'll notice that they're fairly different from a technical standpoint. No two people code the same way, even if the resulting spreadsheet accomplishes the same purpose.
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17