Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide]Workshop Workers - GW fodderteam!
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 45 46
@Kairo
i need to remember this
@Kairo
i need to remember this
9CxYF0H.png
Can't wait until I have my team leveled up! Thanks for sharing your build!!
Can't wait until I have my team leveled up! Thanks for sharing your build!!
Proud member of Hoar Flight!
NXy3ZmM.png
kWLXTQ8.png MPaPjSU.png
Am I right that this no longer works? Could anybody confirm?

(Admittedly the two dragons I've been using for this differ very slightly in stats, but only in VIT, DEF and MND, so their attacks should check out. But both monkey wrenches and clattercog engineers are left with a sliver of health after rallied scratch plus rallied eliminate, and even more I think after contuse plus rallied eliminate, to use an example.)

So, is the build sadly out of date, or should I look for a mistake in what I'm doing, because it works fine for others?
Am I right that this no longer works? Could anybody confirm?

(Admittedly the two dragons I've been using for this differ very slightly in stats, but only in VIT, DEF and MND, so their attacks should check out. But both monkey wrenches and clattercog engineers are left with a sliver of health after rallied scratch plus rallied eliminate, and even more I think after contuse plus rallied eliminate, to use an example.)

So, is the build sadly out of date, or should I look for a mistake in what I'm doing, because it works fine for others?
@Pretentious1138 Contuse + Rallied Eliminate doesn't do the job for some GW monsters - you would need to use the mage's elemental attack for the soften-up. For Wind mages that's the Disorient. Exception for Water and Wind enemies, since they're strong against Wind attacks, Contuse them. However, there should be nothing that stands up against either Disorient+Rallied Elim or Rallied Scratch + Rallied Elim, so long as the STR/INT stats are the ones the guide recommends and the mage is Lv 25. (Rally uses the dragon's level rather than INT, so a lower-level dragon using it wouldn't boost the target's STR enough.) Can I ask which dragons you're using? For reference, here's my mage: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21653607] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/216537/21653607_350.png[/img] [/url] INT 122 and fighter: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21513128] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215132/21513128_350.png[/img] [/url] He's of the older build, 103 STR rather than 105. Both 60 QCK, you're right that the other stats are irrelevant. I've been using them a lot this week because I usually have good fest chest luck in the GW, so I can vouch that the setup absolutely still works. Happy to help troubleshoot, just let me know!
@Pretentious1138

Contuse + Rallied Eliminate doesn't do the job for some GW monsters - you would need to use the mage's elemental attack for the soften-up. For Wind mages that's the Disorient.

Exception for Water and Wind enemies, since they're strong against Wind attacks, Contuse them.

However, there should be nothing that stands up against either Disorient+Rallied Elim or Rallied Scratch + Rallied Elim, so long as the STR/INT stats are the ones the guide recommends and the mage is Lv 25. (Rally uses the dragon's level rather than INT, so a lower-level dragon using it wouldn't boost the target's STR enough.)

Can I ask which dragons you're using?

For reference, here's my mage:

21653607_350.png

INT 122

and fighter:

21513128_350.png

He's of the older build, 103 STR rather than 105.

Both 60 QCK, you're right that the other stats are irrelevant.

I've been using them a lot this week because I usually have good fest chest luck in the GW, so I can vouch that the setup absolutely still works.

Happy to help troubleshoot, just let me know!
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Thank you for replying, @Lara8. Using Breeze and Firebrand, first page of my lair, slots 2 and 3 in the first row, as I'm not sure I can link them neatly, hmm...

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=407287&tab=dragon&did=44373218

(yes, level 25)

and

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=407287&tab=dragon&did=44029955

Firebrand actually has one AGI point too many according to the guide, because I went over accidentally, and Breeze should get that tincture because of his species bonuses. I think I have the rhythm more or less right, because I used them with a fodder as I levelled them from the Vents on, and it worked beautifully regardless of a venue's elements, even in the Kelp Beds.

Ok, counting on contuse + rallied elim was too much, and hounds should apparently be left to the warrior, got it. But still, rallied scratch + rallied elim often works and then it doesn't, once or twice per fight, with the same enemies and no apparent pattern.

I occasionally have a similar problem with the Mire flyer, actually, just less often, and am beginning to suspect that Rally doesn't always "catch" even if it displays. But it's not a case of Rally fading, 'cause I pay attention now to whether it's still there, and the problem is usually the first or second eliminate after rally..Could it be the browser getting out of sync with the server somehow? My connection is lousy.

Anyway, it's good to know it works for others; that means a solution should emerge :) Will keep exploring. Good luck in your projects.
Thank you for replying, @Lara8. Using Breeze and Firebrand, first page of my lair, slots 2 and 3 in the first row, as I'm not sure I can link them neatly, hmm...

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=407287&tab=dragon&did=44373218

(yes, level 25)

and

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=407287&tab=dragon&did=44029955

Firebrand actually has one AGI point too many according to the guide, because I went over accidentally, and Breeze should get that tincture because of his species bonuses. I think I have the rhythm more or less right, because I used them with a fodder as I levelled them from the Vents on, and it worked beautifully regardless of a venue's elements, even in the Kelp Beds.

Ok, counting on contuse + rallied elim was too much, and hounds should apparently be left to the warrior, got it. But still, rallied scratch + rallied elim often works and then it doesn't, once or twice per fight, with the same enemies and no apparent pattern.

I occasionally have a similar problem with the Mire flyer, actually, just less often, and am beginning to suspect that Rally doesn't always "catch" even if it displays. But it's not a case of Rally fading, 'cause I pay attention now to whether it's still there, and the problem is usually the first or second eliminate after rally..Could it be the browser getting out of sync with the server somehow? My connection is lousy.

Anyway, it's good to know it works for others; that means a solution should emerge :) Will keep exploring. Good luck in your projects.
@Pretentious1138

Breeze should have one more point in INT if you tincture him, but that still doesn't explain the Scratch+Elim issue, since Firebrand's stats look fine. That's really strange. I've never seen it happen in the Mire either. Might be worth asking about in Bug Report.

Do you ever have issues with Disorient+Rallied Eliminate?

Let me know if you find a pattern to it, I'd be happy to do some trials and see if I can replicate.
@Pretentious1138

Breeze should have one more point in INT if you tincture him, but that still doesn't explain the Scratch+Elim issue, since Firebrand's stats look fine. That's really strange. I've never seen it happen in the Mire either. Might be worth asking about in Bug Report.

Do you ever have issues with Disorient+Rallied Eliminate?

Let me know if you find a pattern to it, I'd be happy to do some trials and see if I can replicate.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
My mage isn't a Wind dragon (Arcane, actually), and I intend to use him for general venue grinding instead of GW exclusively alongside another dragon or two, both warriors built as this guide instructed.

My question is: with the other three slotted with Contuse, Regen, and Rally, is it worth putting Aid or Haste in that fourth slot? I find that moments when a dragon has sustained major damage right before a battle's end, there's not much point in using a full Regen since it'll heal only a minimal amount, especially if it's the mage itself, so Aid seemed like a good idea for such situations. Should I just go with Haste or even an elemental attack instead, though?
My mage isn't a Wind dragon (Arcane, actually), and I intend to use him for general venue grinding instead of GW exclusively alongside another dragon or two, both warriors built as this guide instructed.

My question is: with the other three slotted with Contuse, Regen, and Rally, is it worth putting Aid or Haste in that fourth slot? I find that moments when a dragon has sustained major damage right before a battle's end, there's not much point in using a full Regen since it'll heal only a minimal amount, especially if it's the mage itself, so Aid seemed like a good idea for such situations. Should I just go with Haste or even an elemental attack instead, though?
@Renocide
@Renocide
dczs3nl-43d2b676-fe43-4f56-8bfe-1eaf5f76b574.png

@Lara8,

Thanks for pointing out the INT difference, because I thought I had it right and didn't. And for the other advice. Yes I still have a warrior problem in that Rallied Scratch + Rallied Elim fails occasionally, or that an enemy takes 5 Rallied Scratches to kill instead of four. Rarely, usually when the connection is at its worst and it seems to have gone from a nuisance to a minor unpleasant surprise now and then. Also with the Mire Flyer and the Ghostlight tank, and they all look like Rally "not catching". I'm only replying now, 'cause I wanted to have more data first, and there was the harvest festival to concentrate on :).

Also GW is just a scary place and takes practice, apparently. It's much more smooth now. Thanks again for pointing out that I had the INT wrong and where I misunderstood parts of the original post.

@Lara8,

Thanks for pointing out the INT difference, because I thought I had it right and didn't. And for the other advice. Yes I still have a warrior problem in that Rallied Scratch + Rallied Elim fails occasionally, or that an enemy takes 5 Rallied Scratches to kill instead of four. Rarely, usually when the connection is at its worst and it seems to have gone from a nuisance to a minor unpleasant surprise now and then. Also with the Mire Flyer and the Ghostlight tank, and they all look like Rally "not catching". I'm only replying now, 'cause I wanted to have more data first, and there was the harvest festival to concentrate on :).

Also GW is just a scary place and takes practice, apparently. It's much more smooth now. Thanks again for pointing out that I had the INT wrong and where I misunderstood parts of the original post.
@Deladria
I need to find this again!
@Deladria
I need to find this again!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 45 46