Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dramatic price drops
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
@Clarina
That is true; although in the beginning wc were not to appealing they just grew on me xD I guess it just depends on the person though ^^

@Raftina
Very true and are the puzzles doing the same?
@Clarina
That is true; although in the beginning wc were not to appealing they just grew on me xD I guess it just depends on the person though ^^

@Raftina
Very true and are the puzzles doing the same?
WINDSINGER_sig.png
@darkwater

Well glad to hear there is plenty of advertising. That should help it out a bit once registration opens again. I hope you are right about it improving again. Even it just going up a little from how it is now would be a big step.

@Clarinae

Heh yes that phrase was so good I just had to steal it. Summed it up so well. Soon there will be some fresh meat again... soon.

I've been trying to think of ways that could help people get their sales without undercutting so much but it's hard to motivate people not to undercut when they are so impatient. :/

Maybe if we started banding together a bit and made large threads with 4, 5, or ever more selling per thread? Big selection, one thread, less threads bouncing around advertising, maybe even a discount if you buy bulk? I guess this is another thread altogether really but just throwing stuff out there. XD
@darkwater

Well glad to hear there is plenty of advertising. That should help it out a bit once registration opens again. I hope you are right about it improving again. Even it just going up a little from how it is now would be a big step.

@Clarinae

Heh yes that phrase was so good I just had to steal it. Summed it up so well. Soon there will be some fresh meat again... soon.

I've been trying to think of ways that could help people get their sales without undercutting so much but it's hard to motivate people not to undercut when they are so impatient. :/

Maybe if we started banding together a bit and made large threads with 4, 5, or ever more selling per thread? Big selection, one thread, less threads bouncing around advertising, maybe even a discount if you buy bulk? I guess this is another thread altogether really but just throwing stuff out there. XD
GzcFsWh.pngscdzbDa.png0e2eoZr.pngqeLDcKa.png6fkzql2.pngBfosf0E.pngMfnruqM.png44BYscm.gif
@darkwater,

I'm not aware of any glitching on puzzles.
@darkwater,

I'm not aware of any glitching on puzzles.
Play Pokemon X/Y? Wanna swap FCs? PM me with yours so I can add back!
FC: 0963-0508-5009

Fire Safari with:
Charmeleon Magmar Braixen
If you replaced "dragons" and "genes" with something like "jobs" and "money" in the third paragraph of that first post you could mistake it for a conservative American politican talking.

Being generous to newbies is not the problem. Generosity is a good thing. The prices going down is simple supply and demand: the supply of basic dragons far outstrips the demand right now so prices plummet. (Note how gened and especially treasure-breed dragons aren't nearly as strongly affected.) And impatient sellers undercutting doesn't help, yeah.

Regarding the supply thing, this has likely already been said but it's really the main function of exalting: to get excess dragons out of the system. I know it's not worth much, but if they really can't get rid of a dragon in a reasonable amount of time (and I don't mean "half a day" here) that's what people should be doing.
If you replaced "dragons" and "genes" with something like "jobs" and "money" in the third paragraph of that first post you could mistake it for a conservative American politican talking.

Being generous to newbies is not the problem. Generosity is a good thing. The prices going down is simple supply and demand: the supply of basic dragons far outstrips the demand right now so prices plummet. (Note how gened and especially treasure-breed dragons aren't nearly as strongly affected.) And impatient sellers undercutting doesn't help, yeah.

Regarding the supply thing, this has likely already been said but it's really the main function of exalting: to get excess dragons out of the system. I know it's not worth much, but if they really can't get rid of a dragon in a reasonable amount of time (and I don't mean "half a day" here) that's what people should be doing.
Chewy Tentacle
the basic hatchlings were never intended to be costly. the admins even said they expected the crazy prices for basics to drop. it encourages exalting to get money, which reduces load on the servers when dragons are exalted instead of hoarded. take your babies, spend an hour raising a team of them to level 7 in the coliseum and bam. 33,000 treasure as well as some extra from selling the loot for that round of exalting.

put some genes on them, then you can get some good prices out of them. my sister sells gened starters and gets a decent amount out of them.

as for the wild claws.... well it would have been a huge help were their scrolls not unlimited in the market place. but the damage is already done there.... hopefully future gem breeds will have a limit on restocking or something
the basic hatchlings were never intended to be costly. the admins even said they expected the crazy prices for basics to drop. it encourages exalting to get money, which reduces load on the servers when dragons are exalted instead of hoarded. take your babies, spend an hour raising a team of them to level 7 in the coliseum and bam. 33,000 treasure as well as some extra from selling the loot for that round of exalting.

put some genes on them, then you can get some good prices out of them. my sister sells gened starters and gets a decent amount out of them.

as for the wild claws.... well it would have been a huge help were their scrolls not unlimited in the market place. but the damage is already done there.... hopefully future gem breeds will have a limit on restocking or something
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
@Raftina

I haven't bothered to try puzzles since they first glitched out on me, but at one point I would finish the puzzles and never go to the pay out screen. Either that or disconnect in the middle of the puzzle.
@Raftina

I haven't bothered to try puzzles since they first glitched out on me, but at one point I would finish the puzzles and never go to the pay out screen. Either that or disconnect in the middle of the puzzle.
GzcFsWh.pngscdzbDa.png0e2eoZr.pngqeLDcKa.png6fkzql2.pngBfosf0E.pngMfnruqM.png44BYscm.gif
@Paintedwings

^Agreed. I also hope future gem bought dragons/genes are not unlimited.

Also as others have said, supply and demand. Once new people can join there will be a bit more demand again but people will be looking for starters that are already gened, and not basics.

I personally have just been exalting my starter babies, but will now also be just lvling them up and then exalt them.
@Paintedwings

^Agreed. I also hope future gem bought dragons/genes are not unlimited.

Also as others have said, supply and demand. Once new people can join there will be a bit more demand again but people will be looking for starters that are already gened, and not basics.

I personally have just been exalting my starter babies, but will now also be just lvling them up and then exalt them.
NHzYzMb.png
@InsanityPrelude
Sure generosity is nice and all, but it could hurt someone who is selling since the
At person who you helped could have for all you know have become a buyer ;)

And that is true people want the money then and there which is not always good xD

@Paintedwings
how much does exalting lvl 7 dragons give anyways?
And yea that's true infinite supply.. Maybe that's why they are 200k xD

And yea I am currently trying to sell my double gene fae and there have been people who wanted him just they didn't have the treasure unfortunately
@InsanityPrelude
Sure generosity is nice and all, but it could hurt someone who is selling since the
At person who you helped could have for all you know have become a buyer ;)

And that is true people want the money then and there which is not always good xD

@Paintedwings
how much does exalting lvl 7 dragons give anyways?
And yea that's true infinite supply.. Maybe that's why they are 200k xD

And yea I am currently trying to sell my double gene fae and there have been people who wanted him just they didn't have the treasure unfortunately
WINDSINGER_sig.png
I actually don't think it's a big deal.
Starter dragon prices SHOULD be plummeting. Why? Because everyone breeds their pair when they join, and with lairs being limited, space is more valuable than dragons themselves (if they are plain).
When you have that kind of supply/demand disparity... it's not an undercutting thing, it's that you have way too many dragons for the amount of space people have (and it's cheaper to buy nicely colored, gened dragons than scrolls for non-gened dragons).

Have you seen the number of pages of dragons recently? It's absurd.

That's precisely why I've been avoiding breeding plain dragons, even if they are gorgeously colored. They would simply add to the already overstuffed auction house.

Gened and common breed dragon prices will come down a lot slower, but still steadily. It'd be a lot nicer if we had a lot more space where we could hoard dragons if we wanted to. While I love my dragons and want to pamper my small hoard, I know people who would love to own hundreds of dragons (and consequently would probably single-handedly drive up the food market).
But we can't do that, so... dragon prices will plummet until they reach the exaltation price. Then, people will exalt instead of selling.
*shrug*
I actually don't think it's a big deal.
Starter dragon prices SHOULD be plummeting. Why? Because everyone breeds their pair when they join, and with lairs being limited, space is more valuable than dragons themselves (if they are plain).
When you have that kind of supply/demand disparity... it's not an undercutting thing, it's that you have way too many dragons for the amount of space people have (and it's cheaper to buy nicely colored, gened dragons than scrolls for non-gened dragons).

Have you seen the number of pages of dragons recently? It's absurd.

That's precisely why I've been avoiding breeding plain dragons, even if they are gorgeously colored. They would simply add to the already overstuffed auction house.

Gened and common breed dragon prices will come down a lot slower, but still steadily. It'd be a lot nicer if we had a lot more space where we could hoard dragons if we wanted to. While I love my dragons and want to pamper my small hoard, I know people who would love to own hundreds of dragons (and consequently would probably single-handedly drive up the food market).
But we can't do that, so... dragon prices will plummet until they reach the exaltation price. Then, people will exalt instead of selling.
*shrug*
@darkwater Yeah, I guess that's true. I like the friendly atmosphere that stuff like newbie giveaways encourages, though. There are ups and downs to either way.

(And no offense meant by the comparison to Republicans ;) )
@darkwater Yeah, I guess that's true. I like the friendly atmosphere that stuff like newbie giveaways encourages, though. There are ups and downs to either way.

(And no offense meant by the comparison to Republicans ;) )
Chewy Tentacle
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15