Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dramatic price drops
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Raftina
True, but there will be an influx of a sort because people will want those genes in their layer and they will buy.. The prices will no longer be stagnant as they have been xD

That is true lair size is a big issue and will be interesting to see how that changes
@Raftina
True, but there will be an influx of a sort because people will want those genes in their layer and they will buy.. The prices will no longer be stagnant as they have been xD

That is true lair size is a big issue and will be interesting to see how that changes
WINDSINGER_sig.png
@darkwater
Yes... come to the darkside and learn the ways of the evil marketing... come with me... come... *u*
We will make people spend money on useless junk... then make them regret it after they got home. Mwehehehe...

@MourningLily
Yep, that is why people should be educated on this matter, put effort on your dragons, go to the coliseum, train them, play faire games, by helping them realize this maybe could help decrease the... possibility of price related drama. XD

Anyways, I'm gonna leave for work so I don't think I'll be able to say anything for now, I'll probably read them again at lunchbrek, but this has been good discussion!
@darkwater
Yes... come to the darkside and learn the ways of the evil marketing... come with me... come... *u*
We will make people spend money on useless junk... then make them regret it after they got home. Mwehehehe...

@MourningLily
Yep, that is why people should be educated on this matter, put effort on your dragons, go to the coliseum, train them, play faire games, by helping them realize this maybe could help decrease the... possibility of price related drama. XD

Anyways, I'm gonna leave for work so I don't think I'll be able to say anything for now, I'll probably read them again at lunchbrek, but this has been good discussion!
As far as I can tell it's come from two big factors, though I haven't been around the whole time so maybe I'm wrong.

1. For a stretch of time the game was being closed down constantly, the games weren't functioning, and nothing would load practically. This made newbies in particular who didn't have sets of dragons to breed constantly yet unable to really make much treasure if at all, but also made it hard for more experienced players to make that extra bit of treasure they might be storing up for impulse buys or adding a little something to their lair.

Now I wasn't trying to sell any hatchlings at this point because I was new enough to only have had one clutch, but if I had been.... I likely would have steadily dropped my prices down bit by bit hoping SOMEONE would bite even though the fact was most people were not even able to log on, let alone make treasure. I think that was probably where things started.

2. Registration closed. As my one friend put it, we are now a "bunch of piranhas feeding off each other". When I first made my account I wanted one set of all the base breeds. I was excited to find ones I thought were cool colors or that I thought could be scrolled into another breed. At this point I'm not even looking, I've got pairs lined up. All I have to do is scrape up the treasure to scroll and gene them how I want. Also to some degree, people were able to benefit off of a newbie's inexperience. I was willing to shell out a little more for one just because I liked the colors, I didn't even bother looking heavily into it because hey I could do that later right? I remember at that point someone was offering hathclings to newbies for 18k, which WAS lower then average even a few short weeks ago.

I think just in general there's be a lot of unfortunate timing with stuff and it's choked the market. Unfortunately I'm not even sure if it will really recover when registration reopens unless there is another large population boom. (Which.... could.... kill the site again.) So I'm just feeling personally EXTREMELY frustrated because while I know the breeding should not be the only and biggest way to make treasure... when I came in I had to pay 20k for most the dragons I have unless I got one from a friend. Now I'm FINALLY getting my first nests from them and I can't even sell them at all.

I'm hoping I'm wrong about the market and that it evens out again, but I'm not feeling super optimistic at this moment. I think we're just going to have to get used to it as is.
As far as I can tell it's come from two big factors, though I haven't been around the whole time so maybe I'm wrong.

1. For a stretch of time the game was being closed down constantly, the games weren't functioning, and nothing would load practically. This made newbies in particular who didn't have sets of dragons to breed constantly yet unable to really make much treasure if at all, but also made it hard for more experienced players to make that extra bit of treasure they might be storing up for impulse buys or adding a little something to their lair.

Now I wasn't trying to sell any hatchlings at this point because I was new enough to only have had one clutch, but if I had been.... I likely would have steadily dropped my prices down bit by bit hoping SOMEONE would bite even though the fact was most people were not even able to log on, let alone make treasure. I think that was probably where things started.

2. Registration closed. As my one friend put it, we are now a "bunch of piranhas feeding off each other". When I first made my account I wanted one set of all the base breeds. I was excited to find ones I thought were cool colors or that I thought could be scrolled into another breed. At this point I'm not even looking, I've got pairs lined up. All I have to do is scrape up the treasure to scroll and gene them how I want. Also to some degree, people were able to benefit off of a newbie's inexperience. I was willing to shell out a little more for one just because I liked the colors, I didn't even bother looking heavily into it because hey I could do that later right? I remember at that point someone was offering hathclings to newbies for 18k, which WAS lower then average even a few short weeks ago.

I think just in general there's be a lot of unfortunate timing with stuff and it's choked the market. Unfortunately I'm not even sure if it will really recover when registration reopens unless there is another large population boom. (Which.... could.... kill the site again.) So I'm just feeling personally EXTREMELY frustrated because while I know the breeding should not be the only and biggest way to make treasure... when I came in I had to pay 20k for most the dragons I have unless I got one from a friend. Now I'm FINALLY getting my first nests from them and I can't even sell them at all.

I'm hoping I'm wrong about the market and that it evens out again, but I'm not feeling super optimistic at this moment. I think we're just going to have to get used to it as is.
GzcFsWh.pngscdzbDa.png0e2eoZr.pngqeLDcKa.png6fkzql2.pngBfosf0E.pngMfnruqM.png44BYscm.gif
@Ruinia
*walks over to the dark side* well? Where's my cookies xD

And hey maybe people like spending their money on magazines that they browsed through and saw the fact that Justin bieber kissed a girl xD (no offense meant)

And I don't know about you but those star bucks coffees are so good no regret there xD

@sunlitrains
Oh man great points, but yea I see your point.. Thing is it will be interesting to see what the site does to encourage more exalting ^^ and yea it would not shock me if another population boom occurs.. I still see recruiting on other sites going on xD you just never know ^^
@Ruinia
*walks over to the dark side* well? Where's my cookies xD

And hey maybe people like spending their money on magazines that they browsed through and saw the fact that Justin bieber kissed a girl xD (no offense meant)

And I don't know about you but those star bucks coffees are so good no regret there xD

@sunlitrains
Oh man great points, but yea I see your point.. Thing is it will be interesting to see what the site does to encourage more exalting ^^ and yea it would not shock me if another population boom occurs.. I still see recruiting on other sites going on xD you just never know ^^
WINDSINGER_sig.png
@sunlitrains I completely agree. I particularly like the "piranhas feeding off each other" bit. We are kind of a stagnant pool right now. And I say that in the nicest of ways.

@fishspeakers As you can see from earlier posts, I don't actually have a problem with the lower prices for starters. I think that some people are underselling themselves but if you wait around long enough, generally you can find someone who wants your dragon for your price. I actually just sold a gened starter this week for more than I got it for a month and a half ago.

I understand supply and demand. I understand that, right now, there isn't enough treasure to support 40k ungened starter prices. And honestly, I don't think the economy ever should.

But there is nothing wrong with expecting dragon breeding to be the primary source of income. The game is literally built around this mechanic. And its especially ridiculous to tell someone that they shouldn't expect to make the majority of their money that way when they are breeding for current market demand. That's economics 101.

So please don't categorize people who disagree with you as having little to no understanding of the system. Trust me, we do. And it's unproductive to come into a debate with the mindset that differing opinions are inherently wrong.
@sunlitrains I completely agree. I particularly like the "piranhas feeding off each other" bit. We are kind of a stagnant pool right now. And I say that in the nicest of ways.

@fishspeakers As you can see from earlier posts, I don't actually have a problem with the lower prices for starters. I think that some people are underselling themselves but if you wait around long enough, generally you can find someone who wants your dragon for your price. I actually just sold a gened starter this week for more than I got it for a month and a half ago.

I understand supply and demand. I understand that, right now, there isn't enough treasure to support 40k ungened starter prices. And honestly, I don't think the economy ever should.

But there is nothing wrong with expecting dragon breeding to be the primary source of income. The game is literally built around this mechanic. And its especially ridiculous to tell someone that they shouldn't expect to make the majority of their money that way when they are breeding for current market demand. That's economics 101.

So please don't categorize people who disagree with you as having little to no understanding of the system. Trust me, we do. And it's unproductive to come into a debate with the mindset that differing opinions are inherently wrong.
daniellesshopthingdone.png
I'll summarize issues that we've mentioned and seen mentioned. Because while some things are definitely a bigger part of the problem currently, all of it has some role. So...getting them together and seeing how to respond to them is good. :)

- Closed Registration (Perhaps the biggest piece of the pie currently)
- Downtime (games not working/being down and the site itself)
- Exalts not being used often enough
- Lair space
- Lack of features/species/items/genes/etc., to spend treasure/gems on and diversify the market more
- Laziness - a problem that will always be around in some form or another
- Lack of education (for earning on-site money)
- Normal changes in demand (changing tastes for dragons and the like)

I think I got the majority of it so far.
I'll summarize issues that we've mentioned and seen mentioned. Because while some things are definitely a bigger part of the problem currently, all of it has some role. So...getting them together and seeing how to respond to them is good. :)

- Closed Registration (Perhaps the biggest piece of the pie currently)
- Downtime (games not working/being down and the site itself)
- Exalts not being used often enough
- Lair space
- Lack of features/species/items/genes/etc., to spend treasure/gems on and diversify the market more
- Laziness - a problem that will always be around in some form or another
- Lack of education (for earning on-site money)
- Normal changes in demand (changing tastes for dragons and the like)

I think I got the majority of it so far.
Play Pokemon X/Y? Wanna swap FCs? PM me with yours so I can add back!
FC: 0963-0508-5009

Fire Safari with:
Charmeleon Magmar Braixen
@Raftina
There is a huge lag in the rune game right now.. It is a bit more difficult to earn treasure unless you grind ^^; but hopefully things pick up soon that would be nice :)
@Raftina
There is a huge lag in the rune game right now.. It is a bit more difficult to earn treasure unless you grind ^^; but hopefully things pick up soon that would be nice :)
WINDSINGER_sig.png
Yea, that's part of the game downtime, at least to me. XD
Yea, that's part of the game downtime, at least to me. XD

Fire Safari with:
@Raftina Don't forget changing tastes. WCs were really desirable at first because they were super rare. Now that more people have bought and bred them, they're no longer seen as a hot commodity. ^^
@Raftina Don't forget changing tastes. WCs were really desirable at first because they were super rare. Now that more people have bought and bred them, they're no longer seen as a hot commodity. ^^
daniellesshopthingdone.png
@Clarinae

Oh for sure. :) Bleh, I only have a WC because of my Imp. I don't like how they look at all, to be honest. XD
@Clarinae

Oh for sure. :) Bleh, I only have a WC because of my Imp. I don't like how they look at all, to be honest. XD

Fire Safari with:
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15