Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR things you're not really into?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
G1s. I have one, he's nice on his own and I like the idea of a project, but the elitism and the obsession with having no relations doesn't seem fun to me. I don't get any type of lineage thing tbh, the grandparents and other distant relatives of my permas mean nothing to me.
G1s. I have one, he's nice on his own and I like the idea of a project, but the elitism and the obsession with having no relations doesn't seem fun to me. I don't get any type of lineage thing tbh, the grandparents and other distant relatives of my permas mean nothing to me.

Black Hainu Collar » radio
» he - they
» fr +2 (cst)
» mirror rights
» zephon (wishlist)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
The Smoke gene and the gembond gene are kinda yucky to look at
The Smoke gene and the gembond gene are kinda yucky to look at
Gen ones. I own like... 2 gen ones, aside from my progens, and they were either gifts or eggs I hatched. Also gene projects are low key hell.
Gen ones. I own like... 2 gen ones, aside from my progens, and they were either gifts or eggs I hatched. Also gene projects are low key hell.
jCVhFoZ.gif
coliseum.... not only is it boring but the difficulty spike once you get past the 2nd venue is ABYSMAL especially if you're new dominance is also confusing for me, i only exalt dragons just if i wanna get them outta my lair and dont wanna wait for somebody to buy em off me. i never understood buying a dragon just to exalt it but you can do whatever u want with ur dragons i guess lmao i also never understood the level of animosity people have toward people who breed g1s?? like who cares. nobody is forcing you to look at an offspring list [emoji=gaoler deadpan size=1] edit: almost forgot-- [i]frickin g&g.[/i] the fact that you need to look at a guide to be able to play it properly is reason enough that i don't wanna play it
coliseum.... not only is it boring but the difficulty spike once you get past the 2nd venue is ABYSMAL especially if you're new

dominance is also confusing for me, i only exalt dragons just if i wanna get them outta my lair and dont wanna wait for somebody to buy em off me. i never understood buying a dragon just to exalt it but you can do whatever u want with ur dragons i guess lmao

i also never understood the level of animosity people have toward people who breed g1s?? like who cares. nobody is forcing you to look at an offspring list

edit: almost forgot-- frickin g&g. the fact that you need to look at a guide to be able to play it properly is reason enough that i don't wanna play it
64c30401733ae4e133884923ad852837b6290850.png
and though i can't quite percieve it; i can tell it's there by the way it's not quite there.
ray ESFJ-T fr time +18 he/she
tumblr_picp47hhuG1wgsqgoo1_250.gif
tumblr_pjnlo2dKLW1s80v72o6_100.png
breeding projects no no no--
i understand the appeal and respect to anyone working on one of these nightmares, but i can't ever see myself engaging in such a pastime. :']

familiars are cute but you will never catch me going out of my way to get one, i usually just work with what drops from coli or festivals ehehe
breeding projects no no no--
i understand the appeal and respect to anyone working on one of these nightmares, but i can't ever see myself engaging in such a pastime. :']

familiars are cute but you will never catch me going out of my way to get one, i usually just work with what drops from coli or festivals ehehe
I dont get coli that much. It took me about 8 months of on and off training to get a lv 25 team and I use them for fests and thats about it! I see these people obsessing over eliminates and builds im just here like "hi, yes, okay."
I dont get coli that much. It took me about 8 months of on and off training to get a lv 25 team and I use them for fests and thats about it! I see these people obsessing over eliminates and builds im just here like "hi, yes, okay."
Untitled190-20221222153241.pngNuUmSzk.pngUntitled253-20230408112552.png
Collecting old dragons. I just don't really get it.
Collecting old dragons. I just don't really get it.
Swipp. Even with an encyclopedia article, I can't keep track of which swap is which. I blame my tundra memory.
Swipp. Even with an encyclopedia article, I can't keep track of which swap is which. I blame my tundra memory.
LxbWmll.png
G1s. I do own exactly one that I’m absolutely in love with, and a couple others I may work on as long term projects, but I could never see myself being a primarily-G1 collector. Pretty G1s are often sooo expensive and I tend to fall in love with very specific color combos. Getting those specific combos as G1s would be... a massive pain, to say the least. Buying non-G1s also often comes with the bonus of having pretty genes right from the start instead of having to splurge on them.

Also, I agree with everyone here saying full-body skins. Some of them are absolutely gorgeous but I’m just not that into them. The ability to create an endless variety of colored/gened dragons is a huge draw of Flight Rising to me, so I generally don’t go for skins where you can’t see the dragon’s “normal” colors/markings at all. Accents that cover less of the dragon are usually cool in my book though.

On a similar note, huge amounts of apparel, for mostly the same reason (though the greater amount of customization possible does give apparel an edge over the full body skins for me). I see a lot of dragons that I find cluttered tbh, and most of the time I just like mine to be apparel-less or with a small number of accessories that don’t cover their whole body. I genuinely don’t say this to come off rude or anything, but I don’t really get DS threads like “which tert looks better?” when you can see like 0.02% of the tert gene to begin with. I also might enjoy apparel more if there were a bigger variety of it, but a huge percentage of existing apparel just feels like a bunch of various silks/ribbons/bows/etc which mostly isn’t my aesthetic.
G1s. I do own exactly one that I’m absolutely in love with, and a couple others I may work on as long term projects, but I could never see myself being a primarily-G1 collector. Pretty G1s are often sooo expensive and I tend to fall in love with very specific color combos. Getting those specific combos as G1s would be... a massive pain, to say the least. Buying non-G1s also often comes with the bonus of having pretty genes right from the start instead of having to splurge on them.

Also, I agree with everyone here saying full-body skins. Some of them are absolutely gorgeous but I’m just not that into them. The ability to create an endless variety of colored/gened dragons is a huge draw of Flight Rising to me, so I generally don’t go for skins where you can’t see the dragon’s “normal” colors/markings at all. Accents that cover less of the dragon are usually cool in my book though.

On a similar note, huge amounts of apparel, for mostly the same reason (though the greater amount of customization possible does give apparel an edge over the full body skins for me). I see a lot of dragons that I find cluttered tbh, and most of the time I just like mine to be apparel-less or with a small number of accessories that don’t cover their whole body. I genuinely don’t say this to come off rude or anything, but I don’t really get DS threads like “which tert looks better?” when you can see like 0.02% of the tert gene to begin with. I also might enjoy apparel more if there were a bigger variety of it, but a huge percentage of existing apparel just feels like a bunch of various silks/ribbons/bows/etc which mostly isn’t my aesthetic.
Never be afraid to ping me!
Mono-breed or mono-theme lairs. It's so deadly dull. I feel zero excitement when I wander into a lair that's all cerulean or all Guardians or whatever like that. There are so many things that look better on one breed than another, or have a different color balance, or are easier to see, or whatever like that! And there's so much choice! How can I ignore that? It'd be like being forced to eat spaghetti every day for a year. I couldn't do it. I absolutely could not.

The big hype around flowerfalls. They're a good accent item every now and then, but more often than not I just feel like they're one item too many on an already crowded outfit.

Most of the G1 stuff. I understand that XXX is like winning the lottery, but I also think they're boring as heck whether they're G1 or G100. I don't understand the big problem with breeding them; it's not like the people who have the babies own the one that relied solely on luck to get it. I don't understand why anyone would pay 20,000 gems for a dragon they could almost certainly buy and gene off the AH and have at least 12,000 gems left even if they went 3 gems and a WC scroll.

Absolutely zero interest in PVP. I hate that in just about every game where that's an optional side thing. I'll probably do it just to collect the items and then never touch it again.

I don't like most UMA because most UMA are... I'm not sure how to describe it? The big ones share this ultra-detailed aesthetic that doesn't go with 98% of FR apparel, and tends to do with skulls, myth/biblical-type stuff, or cramming the most delicate jewelry and clothing onto it that's possible. It's just not my thing. My thing is very much the kind of stuff Autopilot tends to do, or really experimental content. Passenger's head-hands are another favorite.
Mono-breed or mono-theme lairs. It's so deadly dull. I feel zero excitement when I wander into a lair that's all cerulean or all Guardians or whatever like that. There are so many things that look better on one breed than another, or have a different color balance, or are easier to see, or whatever like that! And there's so much choice! How can I ignore that? It'd be like being forced to eat spaghetti every day for a year. I couldn't do it. I absolutely could not.

The big hype around flowerfalls. They're a good accent item every now and then, but more often than not I just feel like they're one item too many on an already crowded outfit.

Most of the G1 stuff. I understand that XXX is like winning the lottery, but I also think they're boring as heck whether they're G1 or G100. I don't understand the big problem with breeding them; it's not like the people who have the babies own the one that relied solely on luck to get it. I don't understand why anyone would pay 20,000 gems for a dragon they could almost certainly buy and gene off the AH and have at least 12,000 gems left even if they went 3 gems and a WC scroll.

Absolutely zero interest in PVP. I hate that in just about every game where that's an optional side thing. I'll probably do it just to collect the items and then never touch it again.

I don't like most UMA because most UMA are... I'm not sure how to describe it? The big ones share this ultra-detailed aesthetic that doesn't go with 98% of FR apparel, and tends to do with skulls, myth/biblical-type stuff, or cramming the most delicate jewelry and clothing onto it that's possible. It's just not my thing. My thing is very much the kind of stuff Autopilot tends to do, or really experimental content. Passenger's head-hands are another favorite.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13