Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Random Discovery of FR Pics!
1 2 3
[font=Nunito]I discovered FR pics on my computer, which were conveniently stored away in my user profile folder. Pictures include vistas, dragons, art, Coliseum venues, etc. I'm pretty surprised that I found them, since this means that I don't need to spend hours trying to edit out the eliminated enemy from a screenshot of one of my dragons using eliminate. It's there, but it's easy to find. [rule] [font=Nunito]Here's how to view the FR pics stored onto your computer efficiently. (Works for Windows users who play FR on Chrome.)[/font] [LIST=1] [*][font=Nunito]Open up Windows Explorer and visit your user profile folder in the "Users" folder.[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Change your setting to view hidden items and go to the "AppData" folder.[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Go to the "Local" folder, then "Google", then "Chrome", then "User Data", then to your profile folder OR the "Default" folder if no profile folder exists.[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Go to the "Cache" folder and press the Shift key and right-click in the window to open up Command Prompt.[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Enter this code below, then hit enter. [code]ren *. *.png[/code][/font] [*][font=Nunito]Go back to the folder and change the view to "Medium Icons", "Large Icons", or "Extra Large Icons".[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Scroll through the contents to see the pics.[/font] [/LIST] [rule] [font=Nunito]For those who play FR on Windows with Firefox, follow these instructions.[/font] [LIST=1] [*][font=Nunito]Open up Windows Explorer and visit your user profile folder in the "Users" folder.[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Change your setting to view hidden items and go to the "AppData" folder.[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Go to the "Local" folder, then "Mozilla", then "Firefox", then "Profiles", then search for a "cache2" folder and visit it.[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Go to the "Entries" folder, press the Shift key and right-click in the window to open up Command Prompt.[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Enter this code below, then hit enter. [code]ren *. *.png[/code][/font] [*][font=Nunito]Go back to the folder and change the view to "Medium Icons", "Large Icons", or "Extra Large Icons".[/font] [*][font=Nunito]Scroll through the contents to see the pics.[/font] [font=Nunito][i]If anyone knows how to find the pics on a Mac and/or for another browser, please tell me and I'll add in the instructions.[/i][/font] [rule] [font=Nunito][i][b]Note:[/b] This will cause some pages to not load completely, but that can be fixed by reloading the page. This might occur on other pages in addition to FR pages, but the solution is the same.[/i] Here's a snippet of what I found (the "Medium Icon" view is selected): [img]https://i.imgur.com/f3a6Ax9.png[/img] In this screenshot, there are icons from the Coliseum, item icons, some of my dragons, abilities as seen in the Coliseum (like sap and eliminate), animation strips of Coliseum enemies, accent previews on a few dragons, apparel previews, the accents themselves, and a few other pics. There are some that don't show, but that's ok.[/font] [i]Hopefully this is ok to be shared in the "FR Discussion" forum, but it can be moved to the "General Discussion" forum if needed.[/i]
I discovered FR pics on my computer, which were conveniently stored away in my user profile folder. Pictures include vistas, dragons, art, Coliseum venues, etc. I'm pretty surprised that I found them, since this means that I don't need to spend hours trying to edit out the eliminated enemy from a screenshot of one of my dragons using eliminate. It's there, but it's easy to find.

Here's how to view the FR pics stored onto your computer efficiently. (Works for Windows users who play FR on Chrome.)
  1. Open up Windows Explorer and visit your user profile folder in the "Users" folder.
  2. Change your setting to view hidden items and go to the "AppData" folder.
  3. Go to the "Local" folder, then "Google", then "Chrome", then "User Data", then to your profile folder OR the "Default" folder if no profile folder exists.
  4. Go to the "Cache" folder and press the Shift key and right-click in the window to open up Command Prompt.
  5. Enter this code below, then hit enter.
    Code:
    ren *. *.png
  6. Go back to the folder and change the view to "Medium Icons", "Large Icons", or "Extra Large Icons".
  7. Scroll through the contents to see the pics.

For those who play FR on Windows with Firefox, follow these instructions.
  1. Open up Windows Explorer and visit your user profile folder in the "Users" folder.
  2. Change your setting to view hidden items and go to the "AppData" folder.
  3. Go to the "Local" folder, then "Mozilla", then "Firefox", then "Profiles", then search for a "cache2" folder and visit it.
  4. Go to the "Entries" folder, press the Shift key and right-click in the window to open up Command Prompt.
  5. Enter this code below, then hit enter.
    Code:
    ren *. *.png
  6. Go back to the folder and change the view to "Medium Icons", "Large Icons", or "Extra Large Icons".
  7. Scroll through the contents to see the pics.

If anyone knows how to find the pics on a Mac and/or for another browser, please tell me and I'll add in the instructions.

Note: This will cause some pages to not load completely, but that can be fixed by reloading the page. This might occur on other pages in addition to FR pages, but the solution is the same.

Here's a snippet of what I found (the "Medium Icon" view is selected):
    f3a6Ax9.png
    In this screenshot, there are icons from the Coliseum, item icons, some of my dragons, abilities as seen in the Coliseum (like sap and eliminate), animation strips of Coliseum enemies, accent previews on a few dragons, apparel previews, the accents themselves, and a few other pics. There are some that don't show, but that's ok.

Hopefully this is ok to be shared in the "FR Discussion" forum, but it can be moved to the "General Discussion" forum if needed.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
.... ok.....
.... ok.....
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
@pyereciae2788

Wow, this is... something I've never seen before! And now I'm insanely curious to ask what/if you do with this, if anything? The first bit interests me the most. Do you make animations of fights? :000
Super neat find btw!
@pyereciae2788

Wow, this is... something I've never seen before! And now I'm insanely curious to ask what/if you do with this, if anything? The first bit interests me the most. Do you make animations of fights? :000
Super neat find btw!
74332c694ca06bf1ae3ceeac370ec53d30d44605.png
oh man those battle animation frames are nice
oh man those battle animation frames are nice
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
@Ozabean Same! Pretty much anything can be done like using the pictures in a signature or decorating the clan profile and dragon bios. Pretty much anything artsy. [emoji=spiral winking size=1] Well, there are animation strips of the enemies at the Coliseum, so if you edit them, you could make it into a gif/animation of the enemies. I'm not good with animations, but I can do editing/photoshop. [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
@Ozabean
Same! Pretty much anything can be done like using the pictures in a signature or decorating the clan profile and dragon bios. Pretty much anything artsy.

Well, there are animation strips of the enemies at the Coliseum, so if you edit them, you could make it into a gif/animation of the enemies. I'm not good with animations, but I can do editing/photoshop.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
@azhdrake
Yep! If you edit them, you might be able to re-create the animation!
@azhdrake
Yep! If you edit them, you might be able to re-create the animation!
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
@pyereciae2788

Ooh, I get you. That's so neat honestly XD if I had more time to decorate my page I'd try it out! It's very useful
@pyereciae2788

Ooh, I get you. That's so neat honestly XD if I had more time to decorate my page I'd try it out! It's very useful
74332c694ca06bf1ae3ceeac370ec53d30d44605.png
@Ozabean
True! Even I won't be able to edit as perfect as those. Once you find a few that you like, you can rotate them, combine them, add text, use them for your signature, use for banners, etc. etc. So many possibilities!
@Ozabean
True! Even I won't be able to edit as perfect as those. Once you find a few that you like, you can rotate them, combine them, add text, use them for your signature, use for banners, etc. etc. So many possibilities!
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
My User Data folder doesn't have a profile folder? [img]https://i.postimg.cc/KzLN8jVb/screenshot-1135.png[/img]
My User Data folder doesn't have a profile folder?
screenshot-1135.png
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
@Xeyla
Turns out, the "Default" folder there also has a "Cache" folder, which has more files that could be changed to PNG files for easier viewing.
@Xeyla
Turns out, the "Default" folder there also has a "Cache" folder, which has more files that could be changed to PNG files for easier viewing.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
1 2 3