Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | One step closer...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 152 153
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/teaser39481.png[/img][/center]
teaser39481.png
[emoji=sunglasses size=1]
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
AAAAAAAH !!!! Edit: first post, cool ! If you have a theory about the teaser and want me to quote it here, just ping me :D Edit 2: June 7, Aequorin posted this: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f851b23b93f04687754fa43022f7b112/tumblr_inline_psdzpvT5Ru1sxkaoq_540.png[/img] Theories: [quote name="SparkyStarChild" date="2019-06-05 10:38:45" ] The colors sort of remind me of the colors in the Runestones of the Arcanist, the non-elemental flight ones. Silver could represent metal, blue could be life, red seems to be close to blood, green is similar to venom, and brown possibly can represent truth? It’s just a speculation, but it’s a possibility! [/quote] [quote name="temperama" date="2019-06-05 10:55:12" ] Obviously Ancient Breeds are coming. And maybe a separate lair for them (the house rune in the center). [/quote] [quote name="NetShy" date="2019-06-05 11:20:13" ] The red, and green glyphs kinda-sort look like birds-or-dragons flying towards the central house/egg glyph. The yellow and white ones could be sylized silouettes of if they were carrying something. I'm thinking it might represent a beastclans gathering. [/quote] [quote name="drgnhawk" date="2019-06-05 11:36:52" ] [quote name="Pesky" date="2019-06-05 11:01:50" ] Does it maybe look like the runes on the bottom say smth, "cast out" or "cast act"? [/quote] Maybe... the first word's "c" and the second word's "u" seem to bee the same glyph, but... Brown = Earth(shaker), Reddish = Fire (Flamecaller), Green = Wind(singer) and oh look, there's a place where there used to be a rune but the paint was scrached off. Has the Tidelord been cast out of (the house of?) the first four? Or maybe the Tidelord's [i]ancient children[/i] have been cast out of the home of the first four [i]ancient breeds[/i]... [/quote] [quote name="SunstonePhoenix" date="2019-06-05 11:39:56" ] Tidecaller is coming home (blue rune in the center) with four ancient breeds in tow. (Colored marks on the ourside) Possibly from the fire, earth, ice, and nature flights based on the colors of the runes? [/quote] [quote name="WillowWolfie" date="2019-06-05 12:10:52" ] From the looks of it, it is the coming ancient breeds... I'm assuming they're from the four original deities, with the paint scratched off of Tidelord's, as drgnhawk suggested. To further back this up, if you look closely, you can see the vague shapes of each breed. The green one looks sort of like a pterodactyl, while the bottom two might have runes things - either that, or it's the rock inscription (cast act?) or a description of the breed. If you turn the picture a different way as well, you can see that the brown one seems to be rearing on two legs with a beak-like structure. The red one... seems to be sludge? With horns? I'm not too certain on the appearance of the bottom two. XD The scratched off one seems to have a long tail and a ball, but that's about all I can see. But the question for me is this - who scratched it off in the first place? [/quote] [quote name="Prisoner319" date="2019-06-05 12:10:59" ] Assuming the colors of the design on the picture are similar to the game RotA, what if the stones from the game Runestones of the Arcanist were to be the eye colors and ‘elements’ of the new ancient breeds? As a few people said before silver=metal, red=blood, green=venom, brown=truth, and blue=life? I looked back on the dev update to see if they said anything about eye color and I couldn’t find anything (tho I might have missed it) [/quote] [quote name="bittybatty" date="2019-06-05 11:59:46" ] Huh.... the first rune (top left) looks... faded? Scratched out? I think that’s the dragon we’re getting first [/quote] [quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-06-05 14:22:59" ] Here's another one: They could correspond to the Chinese elements instead of our traditional fire/water/earth/wind. Wood (Green) Earth (Yellow/Brown) Water (Blue) Metal (Silver/White) Fire (Red) [/quote] [quote name="Canisa" date="2019-06-05 14:13:43" ] Since we're posting on the theories on the front page, can you add my thought? Thanks! OK... I think the four circling colors represent the first four Flights, with the fifth colored image in the middle possibly representing a meeting place for them that they used to go to, before all the trouble and fights started...or maybe even during the trouble and fights. After all, we have Festivals now. Who's to say that the first four Flights didn't have something similar, like one time of year where there was no fighting and they all met in peace? I agree it looks like one of the runes has been scratched off, and that...could be worrying. But it might NOT be scratched off. It might be simply be a white rune, instead. In which case, it could represent Light Flight, perhaps...or maybe Lightning Flight... There is, however, another, darker, possibility. We know that several Dragon Gods started attempts at dragons, and then changed their mind. Icewarden started with the Tundras, but got disappointed, and turned to making another breed instead. And Lightweaver made the Imperials, but then stopped, and created the Pearlcatchers. Looking at the "scratched out" rune, I can't help but wonder if that represents an abandoned breed...or one that WILL be abandoned. We have the Lightwaever's ominous comment about Imperials needing to be destroyed after all... Obviously, whatever this rune set it. its a hint to a history newly discovered...possibly in Earth sector, ala Bounty of Elements with the strange Archaeological Dig? [ Actually, looking at the whole image, I can't help but remember an image I once did, to represent the four basic alchemical elements, in dragon form. It had a red, green, blue, and white (though in classical elements it should have been gold), dragon circling the earth, representing, respectively, fire, earth, water, air: (I actually "borrowed" the concept from another image, of three dragons circling the earth. To me, the image was missing an "element," so I added it. ) I find it interesting that this image is similar, except the dragon glyphs are circling a house, instead of a planet, and are not necessarily in the right color order. Just something to think about... ] To be honest, I am far, far, more intrigued by the shadows. It looks like something is looking at the glyphs. Something big...and horned....is THAT perhaps the new breed? And could it perhaps, have just made that rune cluster....or just scratched off one of the runes? Now that's omnious....what if its intending to scracth off the others, too? Edit: Looking at it again, I just thought of somethign else...was there ever a time when dragons and Beastclans were at peace? It could be a representation of that time, and a meeting place where they all once went. Three glyphs for the three prime Beastclans (whatever they were back then), and the green glyph for the dragon breeds...with the glpyh in the middle represeting the place where they all met and dicussed things peacebaly...and maybe the "scratched our" image, if it is scratched out, represents a Beastclan that is no more... (@Canisa) [/quote] [quote name="OnyxBat" date="2019-06-05 14:46:08" ] I'm thinking that this has to do with the new dragon breeds. Or some kind of all encompassing elemental ceremony. Seeing as we only seem to have festivals for single elements alone, maybe it's a site event to celebrate them all at once? [/quote] [quote name="Cryoluxa" date="2019-06-05 15:18:07" ] Clearly, this is the rune that means "mystery." I mean, the title says "it's a mystery." Joking aside, there are some good theories here. It was pointed out that the blue one looks like a house. I immediately thought of "Dragonhome." That name had to come from somewhere. Plus, this is in the caves, so this is probably painted in some old cave in Dragonhome. Indeed, one is scratched out and that is interesting and ominous. I like it. I doubt we're going "whodunnit/one-by-one pickoffs" here, though (fun as that would be.) I can't imagine this not having to do with the Tidelord going AWOL or the ancient breeds. Maybe Tidelord realized they were breaking out of where they were once sealed away, and went to try to stop them on his own...without telling anyone. ... Or, of all the deities, his first kids somehow surprised him. You know, the guy who can see the future. So, they broke out, sneak-booped their dad, and swam out of the Leviathan Trench. To be fair, if anyone could surprise the Tidelord, it could be his first creations, who maybe were built with an ability to not be foreseen. That'd be horrifying and pretty cool, if you ask me. I'm also kind of humored that the middle symbol reminds me (vaguely) of the Japanese kanji which means "what?" (NANI?!!) [/quote] [quote name="MrMundy" date="2019-06-05 18:05:17" ] i'm loving all the theories on this thread and most of them are way way smarter than mine my only theory is that the four colored in runes are vaguely colored like water, wind, earth, and fire - the first four. the scratched out one could be any color, though it does look rather grey, which leads me to assume it was black. and black could be the shade. but was it always the shade? it could be what remains of a deity that was cast out, or exiled, and erased from history, and is angry at the gods? [/quote] [quote name="Aushi" date="2019-06-05 18:05:41" ] My girlfriend had an idea, what if the scratched out rune is a scratched out old forgotten deity. With water being the middle, wind is green, earth is brown and so forth. What if it was a fifth diety that created the first world, and history is usually written by the victors so the other four might have cast out. What if the Shade was something else. What if the shade was once 'Life' or Aether and created the first beings but got corrupted and instead was turned into the Shade which only takes. @MrMundy whoa great minds think alike huh?? [/quote] [quote name="FeDog" date="2019-06-05 16:57:47" ] I confess that I did not read the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been proposed. To me this looks like the wards that are keeping something in are failing and a single ancient breed will be upon us soon (supported by aequorin ‘s clarification of a single breed being released). We earlier heard of Gaoler’s as entities keeping things contained, so perhaps not an Ice-related ancient. The stone back drop & mystery of strange bones and disappearing scientists last year makes me think Earth may be the source of our first ancient. Regardless, I am excited for the new breed - as long as the can be leveled in the Coliseum. I don’t personally care about dragon clothes, but I do care about Coli. [/quote] [quote name="Atax" date="2019-06-05 16:04:49" ] dare I say new elements? [/quote] [quote name="tigerstripes175" date="2019-06-05 15:47:02" ] What if the Tidelord is actually "missing" because he's recovering a lost breed he created that has since been forgotten but he doesn't want to see them lost forever. As in, he's searched everywhere and is currently bringing back an ancient breed. Perhaps he is coming back alongside the new breed. (@/Bluemoonygirl theory!) [/quote] [quote name="unicornponies" date="2019-06-05 15:51:27" ] @/Bluemoonygirl (Hope you don't mind the ping. There's also a theory by @/AliciaA a bit above mine. Thank you for compiling a list of all the theories!) As people have said, the colors might be representing earth, water, ice/light/lightning, fire and nature. Looking at all of these flights, the only flight with two native breeds is the Light flight. As we know, the Lightweaver doesn't exactly like Imperials, nor want them, so the the scratched off/lighter shape may be showing that she's getting rid of them. It could also mean that since there are two breeds in the light flight, we'll be getting more in another flight and the shapes act as a checklist to show that flight already has two breeds. RIP Imps in any case, Light mom is coming for them. [/quote] [quote name="MandragoraAutumn" date="2019-06-05 13:02:10" ] I think it may be a countdown. The surrounding 4 symbols might indeed represent the original 4 gods, in which case I'd assume the scratched out one represents the Tidelord. (But not necessarily because he's missing) I immediately thought of water & the fact the territory is in the middle as well, but after staring at it for a bit, I don't thinks there's a connection in this way - instead I think the middle one represents a building with something inside, locked away, cast out maybe, what is what those runes could say. (Though, really unsure on that. It's what they could say, if we're even supposed to read them.) So yeah in short I think the middle one represents containing the ancient breeds (or the first ancient breed) & the surrounding ones, wether they have to do with the gods or not, represent some kind of locks. Maybe tomorrow we'll get the same pic with another one scratched out and so on - the fourth would be scratched out on anniversary & nothing would hold the middle one back anymore! Number of days would fit, at least. Though if the scratched out thing had to do with the Tidelord missing in conclusion that would mean instead of coming back the other's would go missing too... :') (So no, I think that's probably not gonna happen though it'd be hilarious x) ) Just wildly guessing. :D [/quote] [quote name="Calibris" date="2019-06-05 17:46:14" ] @/Bluemoonygirl good luck sorting through this madness :) Several quick theories. I haven't read everything, so I'm not sure whether all of this has already been said or not. Key: [color=green]plausible[/color] | [color=red]what even[/color] ----- [color=green]Maybe they colors represent the four classical elements (wind, fire, water, earth) + either aether (alchemy) or metal(wu xing)? The fifth rune in the upper left does appear very insubstantial and faded.[/color] ----- [color=green]Perhaps the 'home rune' in the center refers to Dragonhome? Doesn't make much sense, but... speculation is fun guys. [s]oops everyone else already said that bit derp[/s][/color] ----- [color=red]The greenish rune in the upper right corner slightly resembles the reactor things in the Shifting Expanse in shape. The color isn't that far off from Lightning's either. However, it seems like a stretch.[/color] ----- [color=red](these don't make much sense at all) I tried to use the world map to orient the different runes and their presumed elements, but not much luck. Example: if they represent classical elements, with [emoji=water rune size=1]water in center, then [emoji=earth rune size=1]Earth is supposed to be directly across from [emoji=wind rune size=1]Wind (in relation to Water), but it's not, and [emoji=fire rune size=1]Fire is even more messed up. However, if they represent [emoji=arcane rune size=1]Arcane, [emoji=earth rune size=1]Earth, [emoji=water rune size=1]Water, and [emoji=lightning rune size=1]Lightning, their layout does kinda make some sense. Which would place the scratched out rune at... Light?[/color] ----- [color=green]At first, I read the inscription below the larger runes as "east act", which really doesn't seem to make much sense. I saw someone else's theory that they say "cast out", and that does seem to make more sense. However, the second word could still also be act, to indicate that we're either moving into a new age or revisiting an old one?[/color] [color=red]The first word, which [i]could[/i] be "east", may possibly refer to a direction or reference point on the world map? It could be to indicate that there's more lands that haven't been discovered (not much on the map is directly west of Dragonhome, given that West = left)[/color] ----- [color=green]The blue rune in the center could be some sort of temple, such as that of the Tidelord or of some other god.[/color] ----- [color=red]Another thing: the image's url is http://flightrising.com/dropbox/teaser39481.png which maybe indicates something about the runes? There are five one-digit numbers, and five runes. They could refer to certain gods: 3 - Windsinger 9 - Gladekeeper 4 - Tidelord 8 - Lightweaver 1 - Earthshaker Or possibly certain adventures: 3 - Temper, temper - Fire 9 - Hear today, gone tomorrow - Water 4 - A new direction - Wind 8 - The seed and the sickness - Nature/Plague 1 - Jailbreak - Ice [/color] ----- I have a feeling this also somehow connects to the whole Bounty of the Elements thing? [s]no duh[/s] Not sure how, but I'm sure it does. Everything is connected in some way or another. ----- [color=green]Also, that shadow... possibly a dragon or creature of some sort? [s]really? I never would've guessed[/s][/color] ----- [color=red][s]just realized Runestones of the Arcanist can be shortened to RotA and now my occultist brain is screaming lol let's ask the cards kids :D I mean it could relate to the Wheel of Fortune (which does have four creatures surrounding one central wheel...) card but I think that's probably very unlikely, and I'm not really even sure what that means so pls just ignore me im ranting again[/s][/color] ----- I'm certain I'm reading [i]waaay[/i] too much into this whole thing. I should probably just sit back and wait for everything to unfold like a sane person, instead of being nuts. That'd be healthier. Will I do that? No. Of course I wont. [/quote] [quote name="MysteryGyn" date="2019-06-05 16:56:02" ] [center] There are a lot of good idea's out here, and all quiet plausible ovo For me, it could be related to the ancients, but not that they are on their way. We already know that we are getting ancient dragons, so there's no mystery there. When it comes to it referring to the ancients, it might be that it's hinting at the 3 main alignments of the ancients coming to the site. [img]http://www.flightrising.com/images/wiki/firstage/image_01.jpg[/img] The first 4 deities are what i believe are being depicted in the symbols. In terms of the mural, 3 are land dwelling, one lives in the air, but out of the 3 land dwelling ones, the Tidelord does have wings and so could be depicted as flying. [img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/teaser39481.png[/img] In relation to the symbols, I believe the green one with wings represents the Windsinger, as the only one who is visibly flying. (Although i know she doesn't have wings) The red and brown symbols, to me, look like they are representing the earth that the home is standing on, so both feel like they'd be representation the Flamecaller and Earthshaker respectively. Which leaves the last, scratched out one as the Tidelord. A lot of people think it could also be the Icewarden, but the Icewarden was the 6th deity to exist, so it is unlikely that he would be represented here, but hey, if he is i wouldn't mind, i'm a child of the icewarden so i'd be happy if he was there XD But logically, it doesn't make sense to have him there. Anyway, The scratched out one also makes sense if it represents the Tidelord, as the Tidelord has been missing for years, and was presumed dead in one of the stories. There is speculation by others that the blue house represents him returning, and honestly i can see how that fits, but i think the house might just be representing all of sorienth. So with this in mind, it could be that this is hinting at the deities, and a new chapter to be added to their lore. But it could also mean that the first ancients to arrive in flight rising, will be modelled after these deities, or at least based on their alignments of earth, water, fire and wind. I do feel that the ancients being depicted in the symbols isn't as logical an idea, since the title of this forum is 'It's a mystery,' so if we already know about the ancients arriving, and the ideas have been hinted for them, so it's not much of a mystery if it was relating to them. However if it was related to the deities, it would be more of a mystery especially in regards to the scratched out symbol, and the missing in action Tidelord. Having it be about the deities just feels more fitting to the idea of a mystery, than if it was the ancients. ------------- Something else i'd like to point out, is that to me the words at the bottom look quiet interesting. The words to me, look like 'Last Act.' But it mat also be 'Last Pact.' Which for me, cements that it has to do with the deities, and something they did/tried to do. ---------- But that's just my opinion. A lot of people have created some really good speculations, and all are definitely plausible in my opinion. This is a mystery to us all, and all hypothesis's are valid, and quite possible ovo Of course we could all be horribly wrong and this has nothing to do with what we already know about in which case good job Flight Rising, you managed to troll us all X"D ------------- psttt @/Bluemoonygirl Have fun with this one x'D [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Kydoimos" date="2019-06-05 23:16:22" ] Now that I look closer, I notice the Scratch-like marks in the otherwise "white rune", so I adhere to what has been said by some others, in the fact that it is probably fading/was erased by something/someone. However, I see the arranging of the runes as... if the 4 symbols that surround the blue one are actually trying to contain it, like some sort of seal. For some reason the now-white-one was erased, thus letting whatever was contained in the blue symbol to escape. What feels weird to me is that the bottom symbols look like human latin script: "cazt act". It is weird since we have seen other official art depicting draconic language and cast spells. Dragons have their very own written language that is just gibber-gabber to us. Maybe it was done to hint to some sort of cast-like spell, where something not worded or symbolized correctly may not work as intended? It could support my above thinking, even if the script doesn't match to our knowledge about Modern draconic language and spellcraft. If the seal was damaged or weakened intentionally by something or someone is material for theories. In example: The place looks like a cave, and for how dry it looks, it could be located in Earth territory, maybe it was accidentally damaged by some archaeological expedition? We know in the Cairnstone Rest, were the dead arise to protect the place. Maybe they were protecting something more, like the stability of an old sealing spell, or other similar things? As for what could have been contained there, it being blue may hint it to be related to Water element, its shape in the form of a house may indicate it was something that used to have a protective nature (like Water's Guardian modern breed), and as such I think it may be a Water thing, probably the ancient breed we are waiting for. As for what could have been the now-white symbol, it could be anything, from the symbol of another Water power trying to hold the ancient one, to a completely different color and thus other kind of elemental energy or magical power. Another interesting thing to notice, is the Stalagmite-like shadow that is closer to us. A closer inspection reveals that that shadow is the Same Color, Hue and Saturation of that of the bottom of the Blue symbol at the center of the seal. It is specially notorious if one contrast it against the other shadows in the cave, that are of a more yellowish/red hue. It also acts weird, when compared to the other shadows in the background, it is more likely that it is something affected by Blur and thus Unfocused, instead of a shadow. Something looking at or just passing by over the stone with the damaged seal. If that Blurred object is in fact, a head or tail or whatever, is not possible for us to know Yet. However, it kinda resembles the flattened and horned head of a Guardian dragon. I unwillingly discard it being the shadow of the Tidelord, since after looking at its official art, his body is more slender and has characteristically outstanding spike-like eyebrows and great fins at the top of his head, so it doesn't match with the form of the blurred object, if it is a head. \(°-°)/ @/Bluemoonygirl pinging you mainly because of those last two paragraphs of mine, I dunno if that has been already mentioned by someone in the thread. [/quote] [quote name="DaeDae929" date="2019-06-05 20:05:41" ] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/teaser39481.png[/img][/center] Ok so- I've seen many great theories about what the runes mean but I haven't seen many about [i]where[/i] the runes [i]are[/i]. Obviously when you look at the picture you can see stalagmites, so a cave of some sort, right? Well, if we go with what many people have come to the conclusion of: and that is the fact that the center symbol might represent "Dragonhome" which, surprise, houses the pillar of the world. I believe I read somewhere (someone might need to do more research on this) that The Earthshaker resides underground below the pillar in a cave. Therefore, these runes could be in the very same cave the Earthshaker resides. You are probably thinking [i]"ok sure, I guess"[/i], but hang on for a second and I'll tell you why. Before though, lets talk about the absence of Tidepapa. In his profile picture, you can see stalagmites in the faint background (you kind of have to squint), so we can guess that points us to another cave. There is the possibility of underwater caves, but what about the possibility of an underwater cave long enough to connect to the cave housing the Earthshaker? Ok, ok, you might be like, "nOoOoOo, there can't POSSIBLY be an underwater cave long enough to connect the Sea to Dragonhome." Well HOLD ON TO YOUR PANTS BECAUSE LOOK WHAT I FOUND! . . Boom, potted fungi. [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] You might be confused. Until you read the the description. Clans use this fungi to mark UNDERWATER CAVES from the TANGLED WOOD to DRAGONHOME. The Tangled Wood borders the Sea of a Thousand Currents, and since they're underwater caves, they obviously have to connect to the ocean as well which is plausible since they border each other. That makes it possible that the Tidelord went by way of these underwater caves to the cave housing the Earthshaker and in light of this new theory, probably the runes. Still don't believe me? Ok, how do you like this. Look at [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2400064#post_2400064]this.[/url] In the forum thread "Voices" created March 20, 2018, the Earthshaker says, and I quote: "As I listen in the dark, something stirs in the stone. I am no longer alone." Everything the deities say on this Forum thread are credible because everything they say relates back to the short stories focusing on each respective flight. Like how Bossdad is talking about claiming untapped energy and in the short story, the Lightning flight is [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=93]taking advantage[/url] of the elemental ley lines to make the "most grand reactor ever constructed". In the same forum thread, the Tidelord doesn't comment [s]because he's trying to be the best hide and seek player ever[/s] because he's disappeared. At the bottom of the Earthshakers post, there is also a banner with the eyes of the Tidelord and "To be Continued". So, in summary, my theory is that the runes are seen in the cave where the Earthshaker resides and the Tidelord is there as well. So there you have it. If I hadn't have been fighting in the Forgotten Cave (lvl 12) in the coliseum and happened to read the description on that pot, I wouldn't have thought of this. Granted, someone might have already said all this and I just haven't seen it but here you go. This is my contribution, (helped a lot by the user @/Oxyzee or I wouldn't have seen the Voices forum thread.) #thankspottedfungi [/quote] [quote name="BraveDragon" date="2019-06-06 07:55:02" ] i have a theory as well So there is one rune that is scratched out, but the others seem to represent wind, fire and earth. But what if the rune was not scratched out? If you look you can see that the house is blue like the water flight. So what if the Tidelord, during the storm in Bounty of the Elements, had a vision of his ancient children he had thought to be dead? What if he left to search for them and bring them home? The house suddenly becoming blue could mean that the Tidelord has found his children and will bring them home. And when the other original deities do, the house will become multiple colors until all flights have found their ancient siblings, and then it will become all colors of the rainbow. I honestly don't think that the rune was scratched out because why would it then become white? That does not make sense to me. And the rune becoming white could mean this: the ice flight will be the first from the second four to bring ancient breeds back. This could mean that, each rune will change color to that of another flight when the previous flight has brought their breed back. The ice flight thing could be backed up by the fact that we've already seen Gaolers so it's a matter of time before the Icewarden finds or notices them(Or maybe he hates them but he will later decide to give them a chance). Also the wind one looks kind of like a swiftwing so maybe that's the wind flight's breed? [/quote] [quote name="SpaceBaguette" date="2019-06-06 08:36:59" ] I’m honestly shook But ok, I’ve actually had this theory for a while. As they mentioned when ancient species first came out, they said there was only gonna be one, however more may be released later. I noticed that the Tidelord had also disappeared around the same time. I did a bit of digging, and apparently the Tidelord had disappeared during last year’s Wavecrest festival. The different flight territories seemed to be surrounded by empty space, and with the was that different official art is presented, Sorienth is surrounded by water. Now, as I saw in a theory above, there’s an item that reveals that there are underwater caves along the Tidelord’s domain. Now, here’s my main theory: The Tidelord has been exploring outside of Sorienth, and in turn, rediscovered the Ancient Breeds. The four symbols are suppose to represent the Four Deities, so does that mean the 5th , scratched out symbol is the Ancient Breeds? Or a long forgotten god? I also think the other Deities knows what he’s been doing. Cause if he just randomly disappeared, there would be more panic, especially among the Deities. The only people who are concerned are us. I think they know he’s been running off, so they’re probably covering for him. So, that means that they’re bringing the Ancient Breeds back for a reason. What that reason is, we’ll probably have to wait and see. [/quote] [quote name="nm8426" date="2019-06-06 12:48:15" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/k4qUJGX.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/AHLAnEN.png[/img] Not good, but I tried to restore the saturation. It looks like [emoji=water rune size=1][emoji=nature rune size=1][emoji=earth rune size=1][emoji=plague rune size=1] and the scratched one @/Bluemoonygirl May I ask you to quote? [/quote] [quote name="SmilodonLady" date="2019-06-06 14:00:37" ] Okay, I have a theory, it's a bit out there but stay with me. As others have said, the elements fire ([emoji=fire rune size=1]), earth ([emoji=earth rune size=1]), wind ([emoji=wind rune size=1]) and, water ([emoji=water rune size=1]) are represented. But then there's this faded out rune that could mean multiple things. 1. Ice, given that we know of the existence of the Gaoler dragons. 2. A weakening ward of protection, but from what? 3. Given this weeks dragon share, Beast Clans. More on my second point, what if the four runes surrounding the blue one are the ancient breeds creating a seal of protection around the Tidelord while he searches for something... And those words on the bottom, look like cast act or east act. It's definitely something act and an act makes it seem like something the Eleven did and it sounds very.... final. On to my third point, It could be Beast Clans. Their undeniably intelligent and I wouldn't put it past them to have maybe sealed away four ancient breeds since they could have feared them. And the Tidelord could have had a vision of something happening in the future that involved the ancients and gone off to recover the long forgotten ones from where ever they may be sealed away. [emoji=beastclan rune size=1] @/Bluemoonygirl think this theory is worth people's time. [/quote] [quote name="Rottedmind" date="2019-06-05 11:21:09" ] Theory 1:Perhaps the colors represent some of the flight gods. Maybe the scratched out one means a there is a forgotten God or maybe there was a non - elemental god. theory 2: Remember that in the Dragon breed development about ancient breed it said that the elemental magic got mixed together and dragons were accidentally created and didn't have an elemental alignment. So maybe each symbol represents the elements of a new ancient breed and the scratched of one means that next breed will be ice or non - elemental. (Edit) theory 3: Both theory 1 and 2 are true. [/quote] [quote name="MegaraBane" date="2019-06-06 20:04:52" ] @/Bluemoonygirl theory time? Really simple theory, but after reading @DaeDae929 's theory and looking at the 'Voices' thread, I'd like to build off of all of that. I think their theory about the Tidelord and Earthshaker is solid. I also think the runes represent the Dragonhome in the center, then Fire, Wind, and Earth, with Tidelord not scratched out but faded, since he's been playing hide and seek MIA for so long. The other deities have been around and hanging out and hosting potlucks and taking their kids to Chuck E Cheese and using their powers, so their 'runes', if that's what they are, would be solid and bright. The Dragonhome would be bright as well since it's the center of Sornieth, so it makes sense that those four are bright as they day they were painted. But if the last one does represent the Tidelord, since he's been gone for so long, he wouldn't have had a presence, and his rune would have faded. So after reading other theories and going to the Voices thread, I bring your attention to the Earthshaker's and the Icewarden's posts. Earthshaker: As I listen in the dark, something stirs in the stone. I am no longer alone. Plus that OMINOUS banner with Tidelord face - plus the underwater caves mentioned by DaeDae - I think they're right, and Tidelord's coming home. However, let's tease the idea that that's not what the faded rune is. Let's tease the idea that the faded rune was Ice. On the Voices thread, let's look at Icewarden's post: "If you could only see the horrors I’ve held locked away…" I've seen thrown around the idea that, if the blue doesn't represent Dragonhome and instead represents a 'cage' or 'prison', that the missing rune means that whatever was keeping it locked was broken, and something's coming out. Looking at what Icewarden said, and keeping those theories in mind, what if that last rune was Ice, and it was scratched out, or erased or rubbed off, or whatever you want to say happened to it? Then say that outline is Earthshaker, since those 'ears' look a bit like Guardian ears. Say Tidelord felt something shift, felt the rune break, felt whatever was imprisoned was released, and resurfaced. His moving about would have stirred Earthshaker and alarmed him, so that, since he's underground and this rune is in a cave, he would have checked on the rune set to see? What if 'cast out' on the bottom meant the Tidelord being rejected or pushed away from his place in the first four, and then Icewarden took his place guarding whatever needed to be guarded? And then Icewarden failed, and his post in Voices was a warning? Tidelord would have felt that, and come back to reclaim his place and help the Originals. What if Icewarden was screaming for help? Edit: 'Simple theory', she says, and then goes on for this long. Edit 2: AHH AND THEN SHADOWMAMA I FORGOT ABOUT HER I'M SORRY "My my, you seem to have a little problem within your realm…" What if she KNOWS that Icewarden failed? She knows that something horrible is coming out, because Tidelord was cast out and Icewarden wasn't strong enough to handle it? Of course they wouldn't ask her for help, not that she'd help anyway since they didn't ask, but she'd be watching the whole thing hit the fan. [/quote] [quote name="LilyBound" date="2019-06-06 21:01:30" ] So, I think the consistent blue things in front of the image is actually the Tidelord's spikes. If you look at any of the restored saturation pieces, they are VERY blue, not colored at all like the stalagmites in the background. [/quote] [quote name="Dragon2NEO" date="2019-06-07 08:54:04" ] @DaeDae929 I would like to expand on your theory. The rune from underground may have been written by water dragons, hence the blue rune in the center. The Earthshaker, if he is residing in this cave, would likely know this but have trouble deciphering the rune. The Tidelord may have left his realm to aid the Earthshaker in translating it. Now, in the story Jailbreak from Bounty of the Elements, Gaolers are specifically mentioned as the Icewarden's first children. True, they were living underground, but what's stopping them from escaping now that a Skydancer and a Tundra have broken through the ceiling of their cave? One of the runes, the scratched out one, is white. The ice flight's symbol is in shades of white and very light blue. The Tidelord must have foreseen the Gaoler's escape, and scratched out the rune, signifying that they are no longer hidden. They will soon reach the current world of Flight Rising. As for the other runes, they each seem to represent Earth, Nature, Plague and Water. In Ancient Fascinations, the skeletons of dragons from centuries ago were found. However, the main archeologist keeps on thinking to herself that they shouldn't be here. Near the end of the story dragons who ventured into the chambers with these skeletons disappeared... just like the main dragons in Jailbreak. The Earthshaker's reply to the story notes that "something stirs in the stone". It's very likely that ancient Earth dragons have been reawakened by the activity of the archeology crew and are causing portions of the cave to collapse with their stirring. In The Seed and the Sickness, Nature and Plague have broken their alliance due to the main character using a magic seed in Plague territory. It can be inferred that the Plague ambassador caused her sickness and, in turn, broke the pact. At the end of the story she receives a note thanking her for her service. This may be a stretch, but the note could have been from the ancient Plague dragons waiting for their chance to escape. Without Nature dragons keeping Plague in check, they are now free to leave their confines. The same is true for the Nature breed. This alliance must have prevented either from escaping and fighting with each other. I do not have much for the Water rune. It may be there simply to show a Water dragon wrote it. It may also mean that the Tidelord is the only one meant to decipher it. In any case, the Water lore story does share some similarities with Ice and Earth, as a seemingly normal dragon goes missing whilst exploring an ancient cavern. On a side note, each rune resembles a dragon head - the top two are facing away, the middle one facing forwards and the bottom two facing each other. The white one does faintly resemble a Tundra, which the Gaolers are an early version of. @/BlueMoonyGirl Would you please quote this? [/quote] [quote name="ChyldeMyst" date="2019-06-05 16:03:53" ] I haven't read all 69 pages of comments, but most people seem to think the house-shaped rune at the center is a lair, or Dragonhome. And a lot of people agree that the upper left rune appears to have been removed somehow. So, check this. The central rune isn't a "home". It's a PRISON. The four runes surrounding it are the original four deities - Tidelord, Windsinger, Flamecaller, Earthshaker (clockwise from the missing rune). It represents the power of the four of them, used in concert to seal something inside the prison. Now the Tidelord's rune has been erased - and the Tidelord is missing. The warding that maintains the prison is weakened... but not broken. Because there are still three deities left. For now. [/quote] [quote name="pyereciae2788" date="2019-06-06 21:38:56" ] @/MegaraBane That totally makes sense. It also puts together many of the other theories into one: [quote]A god (or dragon) looks at the symbols, which most-likely depict [emoji=ice rune size=1] (or a faded [emoji=water rune size=1]), [emoji=wind rune size=1], [emoji=earth rune size=1], and [emoji=fire rune size=1] surrounding a building/location. The four symbols around the center symbol are most-likely representing the first 4 gods, while the center symbol could represent the Dragonhome for being in the center of Sornieth. The smaller symbols near the bottom seem to say "cast act" but "cast out" does work. That probably refers to the Tidelord's recent absence, so he could be "cast out". The symbols are located in a cave, and the only (other?) cave in Flight Rising is the Forgotten Cave, a venue at the Coliseum. The shadow could belong to a god, most-likely the Earthshaker, or a dragon, most-likely a Guardian. But, since the symbols are located in a cave and the Earthshaker lives in a cave (assumed from a mural a user posted), then maybe he could be looking at the symbols. From the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2400064]Voices thread[/url], Earthshaker says, "As I listen in the dark, something stirs in the stone. I am no longer alone." And at the bottom of his post, there is an image of the Tidelord and the words "TO BE CONTINUED". So the Earthshaker probably knew that the Tidelord is gone and could be missing him. Then, the Tidelord could be coming home, though we don't know the actual case. And he doesn't have a post in the Voices thread, probably because he's missing (though the dates of all the posts are March 20, 2018, which is way before he went missing) or he might have deleted it. [i]But[/i], the Tidelord may not be returning, since another god, probably Icewarden due to the ice-colored symbol mentioned earlier, took over for him. Thus, the Tidelord might have been "cast out" of his home by another god.[/quote] @/Bluemoonygirl [i]I guess this (in the quote block) can serve as my conclusion, though it's pretty much most of the theories (and a bit of mine) put together into one.[/i] [/quote] [quote name="pyereciae2788" date="2019-06-06 22:04:56" ] I'm currently working on a piece of evidence I found interesting and would support @MegaraBane's theory. I'll edit this post to add it in, so it can be added to my conclusion/theory later. Edit: Here is my work and the rest of my conclusion/theory. [quote]I used my art program to saturate the picture, then separate and edit the 5 symbols; I took them apart and rotated them, but I did not flip any pieces except the center one. I tried to keep the symbols in as few original parts as possible. After I editted the picture, it could prove that the faded symbol is for [emoji=ice rune size=1]. It also shows that the center symbol is for [emoji=water rune size=1], which has been mentioned before. The other 3 symbols still represent [emoji=wind rune size=1], [emoji=earth rune size=1], and [emoji=fire rune size=1]. I took the corresponding element icons and recolored/editted them to somewhat match what I came up with. [rule] This is the editted picture of the symbols... [indent][img]https://i.imgur.com/X5DKKAj.png[/img][/indent] And this is the corresponding element icon version of the editted picture. [indent][img]https://i.imgur.com/QbCh9rg.png[/img][/indent][/quote] @/Bluemoonygirl [i]This quote block can be added to the end of my conclusion/theory (in my previous post).[/i] [/quote] [quote name="pyereciae2788" date="2019-06-07 09:29:26" ] Hm... Well, this could relate to the shadow in the picture (in the first post of this thread)... [quote]There are a few theories that the Tidelord's absence and the upcoming arrival of ancient breeds are connected: the Tidelord is bringing them to Sornieth. That would then lead to the words being "cast act", which means that the ancient breeds were casted out by someone, but are coming back in another "act" (the theater equivalent of a movie "episode"). Either way, the footprint in the picture doesn't match any of the dragon's feet, so this would mean that the ancient breeds are coming. Literally tomorrow. Then that would mean the shadow belongs to an ancient dragon, looking at the symbols. Then the center symbol would represent the Dragonhome, and the 4 around it represent the first four gods: [emoji=water rune size=1] (faded, since the Tidelord is missing and he may not be returning anytime soon), [emoji=wind rune size=1], [emoji=earth rune size=1], and [emoji=fire rune size=1].[/quote] @/Bluemoonygirl The quote block can be added to the theory list. [emoji=coatl happy size=1] [/quote]
AAAAAAAH !!!!

Edit: first post, cool ! If you have a theory about the teaser and want me to quote it here, just ping me :D

Edit 2:

June 7, Aequorin posted this:

tumblr_inline_psdzpvT5Ru1sxkaoq_540.png

Theories:
SparkyStarChild wrote on 2019-06-05 10:38:45:

The colors sort of remind me of the colors in the Runestones of the Arcanist, the non-elemental flight ones. Silver could represent metal, blue could be life, red seems to be close to blood, green is similar to venom, and brown possibly can represent truth? It’s just a speculation, but it’s a possibility!
temperama wrote on 2019-06-05 10:55:12:

Obviously Ancient Breeds are coming. And maybe a separate lair for them (the house rune in the center).
NetShy wrote on 2019-06-05 11:20:13:

The red, and green glyphs kinda-sort look like birds-or-dragons flying towards the central house/egg glyph. The yellow and white ones could be sylized silouettes of if they were carrying something. I'm thinking it might represent a beastclans gathering.
drgnhawk wrote on 2019-06-05 11:36:52:
Pesky wrote on 2019-06-05 11:01:50:
Does it maybe look like the runes on the bottom say smth, "cast out" or "cast act"?
Maybe... the first word's "c" and the second word's "u" seem to bee the same glyph, but... Brown = Earth(shaker), Reddish = Fire (Flamecaller), Green = Wind(singer) and oh look, there's a place where there used to be a rune but the paint was scrached off. Has the Tidelord been cast out of (the house of?) the first four? Or maybe the Tidelord's ancient children have been cast out of the home of the first four ancient breeds...
SunstonePhoenix wrote on 2019-06-05 11:39:56:

Tidecaller is coming home (blue rune in the center) with four ancient breeds in tow. (Colored marks on the ourside)

Possibly from the fire, earth, ice, and nature flights based on the colors of the runes?
WillowWolfie wrote on 2019-06-05 12:10:52:

From the looks of it, it is the coming ancient breeds... I'm assuming they're from the four original deities, with the paint scratched off of Tidelord's, as drgnhawk suggested.

To further back this up, if you look closely, you can see the vague shapes of each breed. The green one looks sort of like a pterodactyl, while the bottom two might have runes things - either that, or it's the rock inscription (cast act?) or a description of the breed. If you turn the picture a different way as well, you can see that the brown one seems to be rearing on two legs with a beak-like structure. The red one... seems to be sludge? With horns? I'm not too certain on the appearance of the bottom two. XD

The scratched off one seems to have a long tail and a ball, but that's about all I can see. But the question for me is this - who scratched it off in the first place?
Prisoner319 wrote on 2019-06-05 12:10:59:
Assuming the colors of the design on the picture are similar to the game RotA, what if the stones from the game Runestones of the Arcanist were to be the eye colors and ‘elements’ of the new ancient breeds? As a few people said before silver=metal, red=blood, green=venom, brown=truth, and blue=life?
I looked back on the dev update to see if they said anything about eye color and I couldn’t find anything (tho I might have missed it)
bittybatty wrote on 2019-06-05 11:59:46:
Huh.... the first rune (top left) looks... faded? Scratched out? I think that’s the dragon we’re getting first
Nekomata wrote on 2019-06-05 14:22:59:

Here's another one: They could correspond to the Chinese elements instead of our traditional fire/water/earth/wind.

Wood (Green)
Earth (Yellow/Brown)
Water (Blue)
Metal (Silver/White)
Fire (Red)
Canisa wrote on 2019-06-05 14:13:43:

Since we're posting on the theories on the front page, can you add my thought? Thanks!

OK...

I think the four circling colors represent the first four Flights, with the fifth colored image in the middle possibly representing a meeting place for them that they used to go to, before all the trouble and fights started...or maybe even during the trouble and fights. After all, we have Festivals now. Who's to say that the first four Flights didn't have something similar, like one time of year where there was no fighting and they all met in peace?

I agree it looks like one of the runes has been scratched off, and that...could be worrying. But it might NOT be scratched off. It might be simply be a white rune, instead. In which case, it could represent Light Flight, perhaps...or maybe Lightning Flight...

There is, however, another, darker, possibility. We know that several Dragon Gods started attempts at dragons, and then changed their mind. Icewarden started with the Tundras, but got disappointed, and turned to making another breed instead. And Lightweaver made the Imperials, but then stopped, and created the Pearlcatchers. Looking at the "scratched out" rune, I can't help but wonder if that represents an abandoned breed...or one that WILL be abandoned. We have the Lightwaever's ominous comment about Imperials needing to be destroyed after all...

Obviously, whatever this rune set it. its a hint to a history newly discovered...possibly in Earth sector, ala Bounty of Elements with the strange Archaeological Dig?

[ Actually, looking at the whole image, I can't help but remember an image I once did, to represent the four basic alchemical elements, in dragon form. It had a red, green, blue, and white (though in classical elements it should have been gold), dragon circling the earth, representing, respectively, fire, earth, water, air:

(I actually "borrowed" the concept from another image, of three dragons circling the earth. To me, the image was missing an "element," so I added it.

)

I find it interesting that this image is similar, except the dragon glyphs are circling a house, instead of a planet, and are not necessarily in the right color order. Just something to think about... ]

To be honest, I am far, far, more intrigued by the shadows. It looks like something is looking at the glyphs. Something big...and horned....is THAT perhaps the new breed? And could it perhaps, have just made that rune cluster....or just scratched off one of the runes? Now that's omnious....what if its intending to scracth off the others, too?

Edit: Looking at it again, I just thought of somethign else...was there ever a time when dragons and Beastclans were at peace? It could be a representation of that time, and a meeting place where they all once went. Three glyphs for the three prime Beastclans (whatever they were back then), and the green glyph for the dragon breeds...with the glpyh in the middle represeting the place where they all met and dicussed things peacebaly...and maybe the "scratched our" image, if it is scratched out, represents a Beastclan that is no more...

(@Canisa)
OnyxBat wrote on 2019-06-05 14:46:08:
I'm thinking that this has to do with the new dragon breeds. Or some kind of all encompassing elemental ceremony. Seeing as we only seem to have festivals for single elements alone, maybe it's a site event to celebrate them all at once?
Cryoluxa wrote on 2019-06-05 15:18:07:

Clearly, this is the rune that means "mystery." I mean, the title says "it's a mystery."

Joking aside, there are some good theories here. It was pointed out that the blue one looks like a house. I immediately thought of "Dragonhome." That name had to come from somewhere. Plus, this is in the caves, so this is probably painted in some old cave in Dragonhome. Indeed, one is scratched out and that is interesting and ominous. I like it. I doubt we're going "whodunnit/one-by-one pickoffs" here, though (fun as that would be.) I can't imagine this not having to do with the Tidelord going AWOL or the ancient breeds. Maybe Tidelord realized they were breaking out of where they were once sealed away, and went to try to stop them on his own...without telling anyone. ... Or, of all the deities, his first kids somehow surprised him. You know, the guy who can see the future. So, they broke out, sneak-booped their dad, and swam out of the Leviathan Trench. To be fair, if anyone could surprise the Tidelord, it could be his first creations, who maybe were built with an ability to not be foreseen. That'd be horrifying and pretty cool, if you ask me.

I'm also kind of humored that the middle symbol reminds me (vaguely) of the Japanese kanji which means "what?" (NANI?!!)
MrMundy wrote on 2019-06-05 18:05:17:
i'm loving all the theories on this thread and most of them are way way smarter than mine

my only theory is that the four colored in runes are vaguely colored like water, wind, earth, and fire - the first four. the scratched out one could be any color, though it does look rather grey, which leads me to assume it was black. and black could be the shade. but was it always the shade?

it could be what remains of a deity that was cast out, or exiled, and erased from history, and is angry at the gods?
Aushi wrote on 2019-06-05 18:05:41:

My girlfriend had an idea, what if the scratched out rune is a scratched out old forgotten deity. With water being the middle, wind is green, earth is brown and so forth. What if it was a fifth diety that created the first world, and history is usually written by the victors so the other four might have cast out.

What if the Shade was something else. What if the shade was once 'Life' or Aether and created the first beings but got corrupted and instead was turned into the Shade which only takes.

@MrMundy whoa great minds think alike huh??
FeDog wrote on 2019-06-05 16:57:47:

I confess that I did not read the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been proposed.

To me this looks like the wards that are keeping something in are failing and a single ancient breed will be upon us soon (supported by aequorin ‘s clarification of a single breed being released). We earlier heard of Gaoler’s as entities keeping things contained, so perhaps not an Ice-related ancient. The stone back drop & mystery of strange bones and disappearing scientists last year makes me think Earth may be the source of our first ancient.

Regardless, I am excited for the new breed - as long as the can be leveled in the Coliseum. I don’t personally care about dragon clothes, but I do care about Coli.
Atax wrote on 2019-06-05 16:04:49:
dare I say new elements?
tigerstripes175 wrote on 2019-06-05 15:47:02:
What if the Tidelord is actually "missing" because he's recovering a lost breed he created that has since been forgotten but he doesn't want to see them lost forever. As in, he's searched everywhere and is currently bringing back an ancient breed. Perhaps he is coming back alongside the new breed.
(@/Bluemoonygirl theory!)
unicornponies wrote on 2019-06-05 15:51:27:
@/Bluemoonygirl (Hope you don't mind the ping. There's also a theory by @/AliciaA a bit above mine. Thank you for compiling a list of all the theories!)

As people have said, the colors might be representing earth, water, ice/light/lightning, fire and nature. Looking at all of these flights, the only flight with two native breeds is the Light flight. As we know, the Lightweaver doesn't exactly like Imperials, nor want them, so the the scratched off/lighter shape may be showing that she's getting rid of them. It could also mean that since there are two breeds in the light flight, we'll be getting more in another flight and the shapes act as a checklist to show that flight already has two breeds.

RIP Imps in any case, Light mom is coming for them.
MandragoraAutumn wrote on 2019-06-05 13:02:10:
I think it may be a countdown.

The surrounding 4 symbols might indeed represent the original 4 gods, in which case I'd assume the scratched out one represents the Tidelord. (But not necessarily because he's missing)

I immediately thought of water & the fact the territory is in the middle as well, but after staring at it for a bit, I don't thinks there's a connection in this way - instead I think the middle one represents a building with something inside, locked away, cast out maybe, what is what those runes could say. (Though, really unsure on that. It's what they could say, if we're even supposed to read them.)

So yeah in short I think the middle one represents containing the ancient breeds (or the first ancient breed) & the surrounding ones, wether they have to do with the gods or not, represent some kind of locks.

Maybe tomorrow we'll get the same pic with another one scratched out and so on - the fourth would be scratched out on anniversary & nothing would hold the middle one back anymore!
Number of days would fit, at least.

Though if the scratched out thing had to do with the Tidelord missing in conclusion that would mean instead of coming back the other's would go missing too... :')
(So no, I think that's probably not gonna happen though it'd be hilarious x) )

Just wildly guessing. :D
Calibris wrote on 2019-06-05 17:46:14:
@/Bluemoonygirl good luck sorting through this madness :)

Several quick theories. I haven't read everything, so I'm not sure whether all of this has already been said or not.

Key: plausible | what even

Maybe they colors represent the four classical elements (wind, fire, water, earth) + either aether (alchemy) or metal(wu xing)? The fifth rune in the upper left does appear very insubstantial and faded.

Perhaps the 'home rune' in the center refers to Dragonhome? Doesn't make much sense, but... speculation is fun guys. oops everyone else already said that bit derp

The greenish rune in the upper right corner slightly resembles the reactor things in the Shifting Expanse in shape. The color isn't that far off from Lightning's either. However, it seems like a stretch.

(these don't make much sense at all)

I tried to use the world map to orient the different runes and their presumed elements, but not much luck. Example: if they represent classical elements, with water in center, then Earth is supposed to be directly across from Wind (in relation to Water), but it's not, and Fire is even more messed up.

However, if they represent Arcane, Earth, Water, and Lightning, their layout does kinda make some sense. Which would place the scratched out rune at... Light?

At first, I read the inscription below the larger runes as "east act", which really doesn't seem to make much sense. I saw someone else's theory that they say "cast out", and that does seem to make more sense. However, the second word could still also be act, to indicate that we're either moving into a new age or revisiting an old one?

The first word, which could be "east", may possibly refer to a direction or reference point on the world map? It could be to indicate that there's more lands that haven't been discovered (not much on the map is directly west of Dragonhome, given that West = left)

The blue rune in the center could be some sort of temple, such as that of the Tidelord or of some other god.

Another thing: the image's url is http://flightrising.com/dropbox/teaser39481.png which maybe indicates something about the runes? There are five one-digit numbers, and five runes. They could refer to certain gods:
3 - Windsinger
9 - Gladekeeper
4 - Tidelord
8 - Lightweaver
1 - Earthshaker

Or possibly certain adventures:
3 - Temper, temper - Fire
9 - Hear today, gone tomorrow - Water
4 - A new direction - Wind
8 - The seed and the sickness - Nature/Plague
1 - Jailbreak - Ice

I have a feeling this also somehow connects to the whole Bounty of the Elements thing? no duh Not sure how, but I'm sure it does. Everything is connected in some way or another.

Also, that shadow... possibly a dragon or creature of some sort? really? I never would've guessed

just realized Runestones of the Arcanist can be shortened to RotA and now my occultist brain is screaming lol let's ask the cards kids :D

I mean it could relate to the Wheel of Fortune (which does have four creatures surrounding one central wheel...) card but I think that's probably very unlikely, and I'm not really even sure what that means so pls just ignore me im ranting again

I'm certain I'm reading waaay too much into this whole thing. I should probably just sit back and wait for everything to unfold like a sane person, instead of being nuts. That'd be healthier. Will I do that? No. Of course I wont.
MysteryGyn wrote on 2019-06-05 16:56:02:
There are a lot of good idea's out here, and all quiet plausible ovo

For me, it could be related to the ancients, but not that they are on their way. We already know that we are getting ancient dragons, so there's no mystery there. When it comes to it referring to the ancients, it might be that it's hinting at the 3 main alignments of the ancients coming to the site.

image_01.jpg

The first 4 deities are what i believe are being depicted in the symbols. In terms of the mural, 3 are land dwelling, one lives in the air, but out of the 3 land dwelling ones, the Tidelord does have wings and so could be depicted as flying.

teaser39481.png

In relation to the symbols, I believe the green one with wings represents the Windsinger, as the only one who is visibly flying. (Although i know she doesn't have wings) The red and brown symbols, to me, look like they are representing the earth that the home is standing on, so both feel like they'd be representation the Flamecaller and Earthshaker respectively. Which leaves the last, scratched out one as the Tidelord.

A lot of people think it could also be the Icewarden, but the Icewarden was the 6th deity to exist, so it is unlikely that he would be represented here, but hey, if he is i wouldn't mind, i'm a child of the icewarden so i'd be happy if he was there XD

But logically, it doesn't make sense to have him there. Anyway, The scratched out one also makes sense if it represents the Tidelord, as the Tidelord has been missing for years, and was presumed dead in one of the stories. There is speculation by others that the blue house represents him returning, and honestly i can see how that fits, but i think the house might just be representing all of sorienth.

So with this in mind, it could be that this is hinting at the deities, and a new chapter to be added to their lore. But it could also mean that the first ancients to arrive in flight rising, will be modelled after these deities, or at least based on their alignments of earth, water, fire and wind.

I do feel that the ancients being depicted in the symbols isn't as logical an idea, since the title of this forum is 'It's a mystery,' so if we already know about the ancients arriving, and the ideas have been hinted for them, so it's not much of a mystery if it was relating to them. However if it was related to the deities, it would be more of a mystery especially in regards to the scratched out symbol, and the missing in action Tidelord. Having it be about the deities just feels more fitting to the idea of a mystery, than if it was the ancients.

Something else i'd like to point out, is that to me the words at the bottom look quiet interesting.

The words to me, look like 'Last Act.' But it mat also be 'Last Pact.' Which for me, cements that it has to do with the deities, and something they did/tried to do.

But that's just my opinion. A lot of people have created some really good speculations, and all are definitely plausible in my opinion. This is a mystery to us all, and all hypothesis's are valid, and quite possible ovo

Of course we could all be horribly wrong and this has nothing to do with what we already know about in which case good job Flight Rising, you managed to troll us all X"D

psttt @/Bluemoonygirl Have fun with this one x'D
Kydoimos wrote on 2019-06-05 23:16:22:
Now that I look closer, I notice the Scratch-like marks in the otherwise "white rune", so I adhere to what has been said by some others, in the fact that it is probably fading/was erased by something/someone.

However, I see the arranging of the runes as... if the 4 symbols that surround the blue one are actually trying to contain it, like some sort of seal. For some reason the now-white-one was erased, thus letting whatever was contained in the blue symbol to escape.

What feels weird to me is that the bottom symbols look like human latin script: "cazt act". It is weird since we have seen other official art depicting draconic language and cast spells. Dragons have their very own written language that is just gibber-gabber to us. Maybe it was done to hint to some sort of cast-like spell, where something not worded or symbolized correctly may not work as intended? It could support my above thinking, even if the script doesn't match to our knowledge about Modern draconic language and spellcraft.

If the seal was damaged or weakened intentionally by something or someone is material for theories. In example: The place looks like a cave, and for how dry it looks, it could be located in Earth territory, maybe it was accidentally damaged by some archaeological expedition? We know in the Cairnstone Rest, were the dead arise to protect the place. Maybe they were protecting something more, like the stability of an old sealing spell, or other similar things?

As for what could have been contained there, it being blue may hint it to be related to Water element, its shape in the form of a house may indicate it was something that used to have a protective nature (like Water's Guardian modern breed), and as such I think it may be a Water thing, probably the ancient breed we are waiting for.

As for what could have been the now-white symbol, it could be anything, from the symbol of another Water power trying to hold the ancient one, to a completely different color and thus other kind of elemental energy or magical power.

Another interesting thing to notice, is the Stalagmite-like shadow that is closer to us. A closer inspection reveals that that shadow is the Same Color, Hue and Saturation of that of the bottom of the Blue symbol at the center of the seal. It is specially notorious if one contrast it against the other shadows in the cave, that are of a more yellowish/red hue. It also acts weird, when compared to the other shadows in the background, it is more likely that it is something affected by Blur and thus Unfocused, instead of a shadow. Something looking at or just passing by over the stone with the damaged seal.

If that Blurred object is in fact, a head or tail or whatever, is not possible for us to know Yet. However, it kinda resembles the flattened and horned head of a Guardian dragon. I unwillingly discard it being the shadow of the Tidelord, since after looking at its official art, his body is more slender and has characteristically outstanding spike-like eyebrows and great fins at the top of his head, so it doesn't match with the form of the blurred object, if it is a head.

\(°-°)/

@/Bluemoonygirl pinging you mainly because of those last two paragraphs of mine, I dunno if that has been already mentioned by someone in the thread.
DaeDae929 wrote on 2019-06-05 20:05:41:
teaser39481.png

Ok so- I've seen many great theories about what the runes mean but I haven't seen many about where the runes are.

Obviously when you look at the picture you can see stalagmites, so a cave of some sort, right? Well, if we go with what many people have come to the conclusion of: and that is the fact that the center symbol might represent "Dragonhome" which, surprise, houses the pillar of the world. I believe I read somewhere (someone might need to do more research on this) that The Earthshaker resides underground below the pillar in a cave. Therefore, these runes could be in the very same cave the Earthshaker resides. You are probably thinking "ok sure, I guess", but hang on for a second and I'll tell you why.

Before though, lets talk about the absence of Tidepapa. In his profile picture, you can see stalagmites in the faint background (you kind of have to squint), so we can guess that points us to another cave. There is the possibility of underwater caves, but what about the possibility of an underwater cave long enough to connect to the cave housing the Earthshaker?

Ok, ok, you might be like, "nOoOoOo, there can't POSSIBLY be an underwater cave long enough to connect the Sea to Dragonhome." Well HOLD ON TO YOUR PANTS BECAUSE LOOK WHAT I FOUND!
Boom, potted fungi.
Potted Deepmine Fungi

You might be confused. Until you read the the description. Clans use this fungi to mark UNDERWATER CAVES from the TANGLED WOOD to DRAGONHOME. The Tangled Wood borders the Sea of a Thousand Currents, and since they're underwater caves, they obviously have to connect to the ocean as well which is plausible since they border each other. That makes it possible that the Tidelord went by way of these underwater caves to the cave housing the Earthshaker and in light of this new theory, probably the runes.

Still don't believe me? Ok, how do you like this. Look at this.

In the forum thread "Voices" created March 20, 2018, the Earthshaker says, and I quote:
"As I listen in the dark, something stirs in the stone.
I am no longer alone."

Everything the deities say on this Forum thread are credible because everything they say relates back to the short stories focusing on each respective flight. Like how Bossdad is talking about claiming untapped energy and in the short story, the Lightning flight is taking advantage of the elemental ley lines to make the "most grand reactor ever constructed". In the same forum thread, the Tidelord doesn't comment because he's trying to be the best hide and seek player ever because he's disappeared. At the bottom of the Earthshakers post, there is also a banner with the eyes of the Tidelord and "To be Continued".

So, in summary, my theory is that the runes are seen in the cave where the Earthshaker resides and the Tidelord is there as well.

So there you have it. If I hadn't have been fighting in the Forgotten Cave (lvl 12) in the coliseum and happened to read the description on that pot, I wouldn't have thought of this. Granted, someone might have already said all this and I just haven't seen it but here you go. This is my contribution, (helped a lot by the user @/Oxyzee or I wouldn't have seen the Voices forum thread.) #thankspottedfungi
BraveDragon wrote on 2019-06-06 07:55:02:
i have a theory as well

So there is one rune that is scratched out, but the others seem to represent wind, fire and earth. But what if the rune was not scratched out?

If you look you can see that the house is blue like the water flight. So what if the Tidelord, during the storm in Bounty of the Elements, had a vision of his ancient children he had thought to be dead? What if he left to search for them and bring them home? The house suddenly becoming blue could mean that the Tidelord has found his children and will bring them home. And when the other original deities do, the house will become multiple colors until all flights have found their ancient siblings, and then it will become all colors of the rainbow.

I honestly don't think that the rune was scratched out because why would it then become white? That does not make sense to me.

And the rune becoming white could mean this: the ice flight will be the first from the second four to bring ancient breeds back. This could mean that, each rune will change color to that of another flight when the previous flight has brought their breed back. The ice flight thing could be backed up by the fact that we've already seen Gaolers so it's a matter of time before the Icewarden finds or notices them(Or maybe he hates them but he will later decide to give them a chance).

Also the wind one looks kind of like a swiftwing so maybe that's the wind flight's breed?
SpaceBaguette wrote on 2019-06-06 08:36:59:
I’m honestly shook

But ok, I’ve actually had this theory for a while. As they mentioned when ancient species first came out, they said there was only gonna be one, however more may be released later. I noticed that the Tidelord had also disappeared around the same time. I did a bit of digging, and apparently the Tidelord had disappeared during last year’s Wavecrest festival. The different flight territories seemed to be surrounded by empty space, and with the was that different official art is presented, Sorienth is surrounded by water. Now, as I saw in a theory above, there’s an item that reveals that there are underwater caves along the Tidelord’s domain. Now, here’s my main theory:
The Tidelord has been exploring outside of Sorienth, and in turn, rediscovered the Ancient Breeds. The four symbols are suppose to represent the Four Deities, so does that mean the 5th , scratched out symbol is the Ancient Breeds? Or a long forgotten god?

I also think the other Deities knows what he’s been doing. Cause if he just randomly disappeared, there would be more panic, especially among the Deities. The only people who are concerned are us. I think they know he’s been running off, so they’re probably covering for him.

So, that means that they’re bringing the Ancient Breeds back for a reason. What that reason is, we’ll probably have to wait and see.
nm8426 wrote on 2019-06-06 12:48:15:
k4qUJGX.png
AHLAnEN.png
Not good, but I tried to restore the saturation.
It looks like and the scratched one

@/Bluemoonygirl
May I ask you to quote?
SmilodonLady wrote on 2019-06-06 14:00:37:
Okay, I have a theory, it's a bit out there but stay with me.

As others have said, the elements fire (), earth (), wind () and, water () are represented. But then there's this faded out rune that could mean multiple things.
1. Ice, given that we know of the existence of the Gaoler dragons.
2. A weakening ward of protection, but from what?
3. Given this weeks dragon share, Beast Clans.

More on my second point, what if the four runes surrounding the blue one are the ancient breeds creating a seal of protection around the Tidelord while he searches for something... And those words on the bottom, look like cast act or east act. It's definitely something act and an act makes it seem like something the Eleven did and it sounds very.... final.

On to my third point, It could be Beast Clans. Their undeniably intelligent and I wouldn't put it past them to have maybe sealed away four ancient breeds since they could have feared them. And the Tidelord could have had a vision of something happening in the future that involved the ancients and gone off to recover the long forgotten ones from where ever they may be sealed away.
@/Bluemoonygirl think this theory is worth people's time.
Rottedmind wrote on 2019-06-05 11:21:09:
Theory 1:Perhaps the colors represent some of the flight gods. Maybe the scratched out one means a there is a forgotten God or maybe there was a non - elemental god.

theory 2: Remember that in the Dragon breed development about ancient breed it said that the elemental magic got mixed together and dragons were accidentally created and didn't have an elemental alignment. So maybe each symbol represents the elements of a new ancient breed and the scratched of one means that next breed will be ice or non - elemental.

(Edit) theory 3: Both theory 1 and 2 are true.
MegaraBane wrote on 2019-06-06 20:04:52:
@/Bluemoonygirl theory time?

Really simple theory, but after reading @DaeDae929 's theory and looking at the 'Voices' thread, I'd like to build off of all of that.

I think their theory about the Tidelord and Earthshaker is solid. I also think the runes represent the Dragonhome in the center, then Fire, Wind, and Earth, with Tidelord not scratched out but faded, since he's been playing hide and seek MIA for so long. The other deities have been around and hanging out and hosting potlucks and taking their kids to Chuck E Cheese and using their powers, so their 'runes', if that's what they are, would be solid and bright.

The Dragonhome would be bright as well since it's the center of Sornieth, so it makes sense that those four are bright as they day they were painted.

But if the last one does represent the Tidelord, since he's been gone for so long, he wouldn't have had a presence, and his rune would have faded.

So after reading other theories and going to the Voices thread, I bring your attention to the Earthshaker's and the Icewarden's posts.

Earthshaker: As I listen in the dark, something stirs in the stone.
I am no longer alone.
Plus that OMINOUS banner with Tidelord face - plus the underwater caves mentioned by DaeDae - I think they're right, and Tidelord's coming home.

However, let's tease the idea that that's not what the faded rune is. Let's tease the idea that the faded rune was Ice.

On the Voices thread, let's look at Icewarden's post:
"If you could only see the horrors I’ve held locked away…"

I've seen thrown around the idea that, if the blue doesn't represent Dragonhome and instead represents a 'cage' or 'prison', that the missing rune means that whatever was keeping it locked was broken, and something's coming out. Looking at what Icewarden said, and keeping those theories in mind, what if that last rune was Ice, and it was scratched out, or erased or rubbed off, or whatever you want to say happened to it?

Then say that outline is Earthshaker, since those 'ears' look a bit like Guardian ears. Say Tidelord felt something shift, felt the rune break, felt whatever was imprisoned was released, and resurfaced. His moving about would have stirred Earthshaker and alarmed him, so that, since he's underground and this rune is in a cave, he would have checked on the rune set to see?

What if 'cast out' on the bottom meant the Tidelord being rejected or pushed away from his place in the first four, and then Icewarden took his place guarding whatever needed to be guarded? And then Icewarden failed, and his post in Voices was a warning? Tidelord would have felt that, and come back to reclaim his place and help the Originals. What if Icewarden was screaming for help?

Edit: 'Simple theory', she says, and then goes on for this long.

Edit 2: AHH AND THEN SHADOWMAMA I FORGOT ABOUT HER I'M SORRY
"My my, you seem to have a little problem within your realm…"
What if she KNOWS that Icewarden failed? She knows that something horrible is coming out, because Tidelord was cast out and Icewarden wasn't strong enough to handle it? Of course they wouldn't ask her for help, not that she'd help anyway since they didn't ask, but she'd be watching the whole thing hit the fan.
LilyBound wrote on 2019-06-06 21:01:30:
So, I think the consistent blue things in front of the image is actually the Tidelord's spikes. If you look at any of the restored saturation pieces, they are VERY blue, not colored at all like the stalagmites in the background.
Dragon2NEO wrote on 2019-06-07 08:54:04:
@DaeDae929 I would like to expand on your theory.

The rune from underground may have been written by water dragons, hence the blue rune in the center. The Earthshaker, if he is residing in this cave, would likely know this but have trouble deciphering the rune. The Tidelord may have left his realm to aid the Earthshaker in translating it.

Now, in the story Jailbreak from Bounty of the Elements, Gaolers are specifically mentioned as the Icewarden's first children. True, they were living underground, but what's stopping them from escaping now that a Skydancer and a Tundra have broken through the ceiling of their cave? One of the runes, the scratched out one, is white. The ice flight's symbol is in shades of white and very light blue. The Tidelord must have foreseen the Gaoler's escape, and scratched out the rune, signifying that they are no longer hidden. They will soon reach the current world of Flight Rising.

As for the other runes, they each seem to represent Earth, Nature, Plague and Water. In Ancient Fascinations, the skeletons of dragons from centuries ago were found. However, the main archeologist keeps on thinking to herself that they shouldn't be here. Near the end of the story dragons who ventured into the chambers with these skeletons disappeared... just like the main dragons in Jailbreak. The Earthshaker's reply to the story notes that "something stirs in the stone". It's very likely that ancient Earth dragons have been reawakened by the activity of the archeology crew and are causing portions of the cave to collapse with their stirring.

In The Seed and the Sickness, Nature and Plague have broken their alliance due to the main character using a magic seed in Plague territory. It can be inferred that the Plague ambassador caused her sickness and, in turn, broke the pact. At the end of the story she receives a note thanking her for her service. This may be a stretch, but the note could have been from the ancient Plague dragons waiting for their chance to escape. Without Nature dragons keeping Plague in check, they are now free to leave their confines. The same is true for the Nature breed. This alliance must have prevented either from escaping and fighting with each other.

I do not have much for the Water rune. It may be there simply to show a Water dragon wrote it. It may also mean that the Tidelord is the only one meant to decipher it. In any case, the Water lore story does share some similarities with Ice and Earth, as a seemingly normal dragon goes missing whilst exploring an ancient cavern.

On a side note, each rune resembles a dragon head - the top two are facing away, the middle one facing forwards and the bottom two facing each other. The white one does faintly resemble a Tundra, which the Gaolers are an early version of.

@/BlueMoonyGirl
Would you please quote this?
ChyldeMyst wrote on 2019-06-05 16:03:53:
I haven't read all 69 pages of comments, but most people seem to think the house-shaped rune at the center is a lair, or Dragonhome. And a lot of people agree that the upper left rune appears to have been removed somehow. So, check this.

The central rune isn't a "home". It's a PRISON. The four runes surrounding it are the original four deities - Tidelord, Windsinger, Flamecaller, Earthshaker (clockwise from the missing rune). It represents the power of the four of them, used in concert to seal something inside the prison. Now the Tidelord's rune has been erased - and the Tidelord is missing. The warding that maintains the prison is weakened... but not broken. Because there are still three deities left.

For now.
pyereciae2788 wrote on 2019-06-06 21:38:56:
@/MegaraBane
That totally makes sense. It also puts together many of the other theories into one:
Quote:
A god (or dragon) looks at the symbols, which most-likely depict (or a faded ), , , and surrounding a building/location. The four symbols around the center symbol are most-likely representing the first 4 gods, while the center symbol could represent the Dragonhome for being in the center of Sornieth. The smaller symbols near the bottom seem to say "cast act" but "cast out" does work. That probably refers to the Tidelord's recent absence, so he could be "cast out". The symbols are located in a cave, and the only (other?) cave in Flight Rising is the Forgotten Cave, a venue at the Coliseum. The shadow could belong to a god, most-likely the Earthshaker, or a dragon, most-likely a Guardian. But, since the symbols are located in a cave and the Earthshaker lives in a cave (assumed from a mural a user posted), then maybe he could be looking at the symbols.

From the Voices thread, Earthshaker says, "As I listen in the dark, something stirs in the stone. I am no longer alone." And at the bottom of his post, there is an image of the Tidelord and the words "TO BE CONTINUED". So the Earthshaker probably knew that the Tidelord is gone and could be missing him. Then, the Tidelord could be coming home, though we don't know the actual case. And he doesn't have a post in the Voices thread, probably because he's missing (though the dates of all the posts are March 20, 2018, which is way before he went missing) or he might have deleted it. But, the Tidelord may not be returning, since another god, probably Icewarden due to the ice-colored symbol mentioned earlier, took over for him. Thus, the Tidelord might have been "cast out" of his home by another god.

@/Bluemoonygirl
I guess this (in the quote block) can serve as my conclusion, though it's pretty much most of the theories (and a bit of mine) put together into one.
pyereciae2788 wrote on 2019-06-06 22:04:56:
I'm currently working on a piece of evidence I found interesting and would support @MegaraBane's theory. I'll edit this post to add it in, so it can be added to my conclusion/theory later.

Edit: Here is my work and the rest of my conclusion/theory.
Quote:
I used my art program to saturate the picture, then separate and edit the 5 symbols; I took them apart and rotated them, but I did not flip any pieces except the center one. I tried to keep the symbols in as few original parts as possible. After I editted the picture, it could prove that the faded symbol is for . It also shows that the center symbol is for , which has been mentioned before. The other 3 symbols still represent , , and . I took the corresponding element icons and recolored/editted them to somewhat match what I came up with.
This is the editted picture of the symbols...
X5DKKAj.png
And this is the corresponding element icon version of the editted picture.
QbCh9rg.png
@/Bluemoonygirl
This quote block can be added to the end of my conclusion/theory (in my previous post).
pyereciae2788 wrote on 2019-06-07 09:29:26:
Hm... Well, this could relate to the shadow in the picture (in the first post of this thread)...
Quote:
There are a few theories that the Tidelord's absence and the upcoming arrival of ancient breeds are connected: the Tidelord is bringing them to Sornieth. That would then lead to the words being "cast act", which means that the ancient breeds were casted out by someone, but are coming back in another "act" (the theater equivalent of a movie "episode").

Either way, the footprint in the picture doesn't match any of the dragon's feet, so this would mean that the ancient breeds are coming. Literally tomorrow. Then that would mean the shadow belongs to an ancient dragon, looking at the symbols. Then the center symbol would represent the Dragonhome, and the 4 around it represent the first four gods: (faded, since the Tidelord is missing and he may not be returning anytime soon), , , and .

@/Bluemoonygirl
The quote block can be added to the theory list.

tumblr_messaging_p986wfcDpa1s6ng4s_400.png
yooo
yooo
HERE WE (((GO)))
HERE WE (((GO)))
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
EEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEE
Frankenstein3.jpg
Mysterious
Mysterious
bmkYwEK.png
FR explain ahhhh
FR explain ahhhh
Emblem-2_100px.png
Aaaaaaaa
Aaaaaaaa
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
Bruh
Bruh
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 152 153