Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | so. it's been three years [poll]
1 2 3 4 5
W-wha
It's been three years?

Christ, I feel like it was yesterday...
W-wha
It's been three years?

Christ, I feel like it was yesterday...
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
@Valemora understandable yeah, the only reason i scattered the oldies i did is bc one morning i woke up and thought 'wow i have too much blue in my lair huh let's get rid of some' lmao. sacrificed all my stonewash that day. rest in peace stonewash. oh yeah! the only green i dislike is green and i still have heaps of it! the old greens were just so. idk gentle maybe. some of the new ones are very saturated. not that i don't love them too ahaha

@Before yes tho! some genes look WILDLY different on the original breeds and when it's combined with colour as well it can just look. idk kinda hinky i guess lmao. i would honestly weep entire oceans if they changed how some of those colours looked now tho like? please admin. do not do this. (i think in some cases it's mostly the shadow layer making things look a lil grungier but yeah)

@TheExplorer i didn't want to get too finicky about answers so tried to keep it like, three options for each and a couple of novelty answers or w/e but i'd like to know what other things you think i could've included? i would be so pumped for another expansion tho yea right there with you on that. still upset we didn't get ATOMIC ORANGE to go with radioactive like cmon admin. opportunity MISSED

@Ratiasu askldfja;lskdf thank you ;u; what a lovely compliment i mostly just didn't want anyone to take it too srsly lol and no yea i totes agree the OG colours are no less valid than the cwu colours! and it can be real annoying tbh like i'll see smth nice and go OH LOVE THAT and then it's all the OG colours and this THING starts chanting 'you don't want that' in the back of my head. stupid voice

@CometStorm no salt against aqua lmao. my first dream dragon was teal/aqua i love her so much ;u; i did feel real bad for caribbean myself like when cerulean was unveiled i was just like. oh dang. this is just cari dialed up to 11 rip. honestly my fave part was people seeing like orchid and going wow that's the purplest purple to ever purple wonder how they can POSSIBLY make a green that's more green than leaf and then they handed up radio and cackled. iconic

@lovebite settle down there satan. don't go giving the admin more ideas. tho in all honesty that'd be a super neat thing to add. even if it wasn't a whole new wheel it was just like a couple new colours chucked in here and there like ancient dragons have all 177 of these colours but they ALSO have these 30 as well. none of them are close to each other. good luck breeding for these HA. jokes on us then
@Valemora understandable yeah, the only reason i scattered the oldies i did is bc one morning i woke up and thought 'wow i have too much blue in my lair huh let's get rid of some' lmao. sacrificed all my stonewash that day. rest in peace stonewash. oh yeah! the only green i dislike is green and i still have heaps of it! the old greens were just so. idk gentle maybe. some of the new ones are very saturated. not that i don't love them too ahaha

@Before yes tho! some genes look WILDLY different on the original breeds and when it's combined with colour as well it can just look. idk kinda hinky i guess lmao. i would honestly weep entire oceans if they changed how some of those colours looked now tho like? please admin. do not do this. (i think in some cases it's mostly the shadow layer making things look a lil grungier but yeah)

@TheExplorer i didn't want to get too finicky about answers so tried to keep it like, three options for each and a couple of novelty answers or w/e but i'd like to know what other things you think i could've included? i would be so pumped for another expansion tho yea right there with you on that. still upset we didn't get ATOMIC ORANGE to go with radioactive like cmon admin. opportunity MISSED

@Ratiasu askldfja;lskdf thank you ;u; what a lovely compliment i mostly just didn't want anyone to take it too srsly lol and no yea i totes agree the OG colours are no less valid than the cwu colours! and it can be real annoying tbh like i'll see smth nice and go OH LOVE THAT and then it's all the OG colours and this THING starts chanting 'you don't want that' in the back of my head. stupid voice

@CometStorm no salt against aqua lmao. my first dream dragon was teal/aqua i love her so much ;u; i did feel real bad for caribbean myself like when cerulean was unveiled i was just like. oh dang. this is just cari dialed up to 11 rip. honestly my fave part was people seeing like orchid and going wow that's the purplest purple to ever purple wonder how they can POSSIBLY make a green that's more green than leaf and then they handed up radio and cackled. iconic

@lovebite settle down there satan. don't go giving the admin more ideas. tho in all honesty that'd be a super neat thing to add. even if it wasn't a whole new wheel it was just like a couple new colours chucked in here and there like ancient dragons have all 177 of these colours but they ALSO have these 30 as well. none of them are close to each other. good luck breeding for these HA. jokes on us then
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
[font=sylfaen]RESULTS TIME! ohhhh kayyy thank u fr for participating in this nonsense! i thought i’d only get like a hundred responses so whoo! i would like to say a few things: firstly, the reason i abbreviate to cwu is bc that actually stands for ‘colour wheel update’ and i’m just a dumby who doesn’t know anything after 5pm this was not in any way meant to suggest that the OG colours are somehow inferior, they are not, i love them all. so i kinda feel like using the word ‘elitism’ maybe gave people the wrong impression of me haha. i don’t think i’m in any way better than anyone else just bc my brain says ‘don’t buy too many of the OG colours’. that’s ridiculous. was more wondering if it plays a significant factor for folks when they go dragon shopping/breeding/whatever when i asked about hatching dragons i didn’t just mean first gens, i meant nests as well, but i realise not everyone breeds/hatches at all so that’s my bad for not including a ‘who the hell hatches eggs of any kind in this economy’ option, sincerest apologies. for the old vs new in question three, about 97.88% of the ‘other’ responses essentially amounted to ‘sometimes’ and ‘it depends on how much that colour means to me personally’ which is valid and again an oversight on my part for not including that. only seven people admitted to being colour elitists who consider the newness of a colour important when making purchases. thank u for admitting to this to the six people who weren’t me. love u. and only FOUR people said that they can honestly say they have not in the last three years bought a dragon that was all old colours. one of those people was me again, so wow cool i’m glad i’m not alone thank you! other things this has taught me: i will never ever EVER be able to read cwu without also hearing uwu in my head so thank you for that. and also that i’m not the ONLY person who cultivates a comprehensive list of colours and how they go together and how old they are, and who looks at dragons and judges how likely i am to care for them based solely on whether or not i can identify their colours immediately (and/or the age of those colours). but judging by the results i’m also vastly outnumbered by people who DON’T maintain an encyclopedic understanding of every colour in the wheel. so that’s cool to know! thank u all very much for humouring me in this ridiculous endeavour! and thank u all esp for your entertaining comments, icewarden is taking them into consideration before announcing sentences pls hold ♥ [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f3495ef26b06db3887ba8507578aaa74/tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o1_500.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/5c4ba4c26d039fbb221ca1d3190943af/tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o2_500.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/8628ddab8bc85c4f0f2834fb3d76fbae/tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o3_500.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/57e43eb20a1534ca1b10f5672946ec39/tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o4_500.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/66ffe7ffd271872388859b1bf5d52713/tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o5_500.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f9894cddabf304c546268c5d09e66d8e/tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o6_500.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/5b4825905cfb152cc83145ec9b3dc495/tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o7_500.png[/img] and some pings for results like u asked: @Fantelle @Lynchly
RESULTS TIME!
ohhhh kayyy thank u fr for participating in this nonsense! i thought i’d only get like a hundred responses so whoo! i would like to say a few things: firstly, the reason i abbreviate to cwu is bc that actually stands for ‘colour wheel update’ and i’m just a dumby who doesn’t know anything after 5pm

this was not in any way meant to suggest that the OG colours are somehow inferior, they are not, i love them all. so i kinda feel like using the word ‘elitism’ maybe gave people the wrong impression of me haha. i don’t think i’m in any way better than anyone else just bc my brain says ‘don’t buy too many of the OG colours’. that’s ridiculous. was more wondering if it plays a significant factor for folks when they go dragon shopping/breeding/whatever

when i asked about hatching dragons i didn’t just mean first gens, i meant nests as well, but i realise not everyone breeds/hatches at all so that’s my bad for not including a ‘who the hell hatches eggs of any kind in this economy’ option, sincerest apologies.

for the old vs new in question three, about 97.88% of the ‘other’ responses essentially amounted to ‘sometimes’ and ‘it depends on how much that colour means to me personally’ which is valid and again an oversight on my part for not including that.

only seven people admitted to being colour elitists who consider the newness of a colour important when making purchases. thank u for admitting to this to the six people who weren’t me. love u.

and only FOUR people said that they can honestly say they have not in the last three years bought a dragon that was all old colours. one of those people was me again, so wow cool i’m glad i’m not alone thank you!

other things this has taught me: i will never ever EVER be able to read cwu without also hearing uwu in my head so thank you for that.

and also that i’m not the ONLY person who cultivates a comprehensive list of colours and how they go together and how old they are, and who looks at dragons and judges how likely i am to care for them based solely on whether or not i can identify their colours immediately (and/or the age of those colours). but judging by the results i’m also vastly outnumbered by people who DON’T maintain an encyclopedic understanding of every colour in the wheel. so that’s cool to know!

thank u all very much for humouring me in this ridiculous endeavour! and thank u all esp for your entertaining comments, icewarden is taking them into consideration before announcing sentences pls hold ♥

tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o1_500.png
tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o2_500.png
tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o3_500.png
tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o4_500.png
tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o5_500.png
tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o6_500.png
tumblr_pqhm9jU4yc1tecpo4o7_500.png

and some pings for results like u asked:
@Fantelle @Lynchly
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
[color=green]Mm yeah, I can still definitely tell the new colours from the old ones. Don't distinguish much between them though, except where iri/shim is concerned... god, I can't believe it's been so long and the ridiculous shading difference on new colours hasn't been fixed yet. I can't stand new-colours iri/shim. :'/ For those who don't know what I mean: Red (old colour) iri: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=62&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=25&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=6&auth=61fce4ba8ed5d993610972d71544ccb8147c475e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Cherry (new colour) iri: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=116&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=25&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=6&auth=6c770bc9f1900f764ba711fee75081114ba47e28&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The contrast levels look so messed up and unnatural, it pains me. ;_;
Mm yeah, I can still definitely tell the new colours from the old ones. Don't distinguish much between them though, except where iri/shim is concerned... god, I can't believe it's been so long and the ridiculous shading difference on new colours hasn't been fixed yet. I can't stand new-colours iri/shim. :'/

For those who don't know what I mean:
Red (old colour) iri:

dragon?age=1&body=62&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=25&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=6&auth=61fce4ba8ed5d993610972d71544ccb8147c475e&dummyext=prev.png

Cherry (new colour) iri:

dragon?age=1&body=116&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=25&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=6&auth=6c770bc9f1900f764ba711fee75081114ba47e28&dummyext=prev.png

The contrast levels look so messed up and unnatural, it pains me. ;_;
[quote name="Kryptica" date="2019-04-23 16:53:48" ] the fact i joined like, only few months after cwu never ceases to amaze me oct 2016 so long ago, yet so close [/quote] same but with august
Kryptica wrote on 2019-04-23 16:53:48:
the fact i joined like, only few months after cwu never ceases to amaze me
oct 2016
so long ago, yet so close
same but with august
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
@Charias
OH GOSH I NEVER NOTICED THAT!?!?

HOW???

THE NEW COLOR WC LOOKS MOIST AND IT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE
@Charias
OH GOSH I NEVER NOTICED THAT!?!?

HOW???

THE NEW COLOR WC LOOKS MOIST AND IT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE
ctYHVNq.png

almost always looking for g1 banescales OwO

gened g1 banescale count: 117
(last updated 4/28/24 11:05pm est)
nt1bp.gif

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=drs&id=1315342
mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
@reliquiaen

TEAL IS LEGENDARY TOO CHANGE MY MIND

omg YES i loved the radioactive hype it was amazinG
@reliquiaen

TEAL IS LEGENDARY TOO CHANGE MY MIND

omg YES i loved the radioactive hype it was amazinG
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
I've never been partial to old vs. new colors. Specific colors in general, sure, but it seems silly to avoid a whole 67 colors just because they came out first.
I've never been partial to old vs. new colors. Specific colors in general, sure, but it seems silly to avoid a whole 67 colors just because they came out first.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
1 2 3 4 5